Getting to know You

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 281 through 300 (of 382 total)
  • Author
    brent.stock7
    Participant

When I first came to this website, saw some of the belief system posted I was excited.. But as I go to each post all I see is bickering, arguing, and nonsense blabble. If you are one who is of the Father, and He is in you then you would not be acting this way. I am speaking to those who truely believe the Father sent the Son for you are the ones who the Father has called to make a home with. Come on guys, don't take what I say in the wrong way but hear it as it is said; Check yourselves please! And the reason I am not a 'Christian' is because I don't want to be labled anything but a follower of the Father- A son of the Most High Elohim. I personally do not believe in the name of 'Jesus Christ,' (although I once thought the Son's name was this too). And even when I did, the Father had shown me I was not a term known as a 'Christian', but one of his children. The Son's real name is יהושע .

May blessings be upon you in the name of יהוה and in his Son יהושע.

brent.stock7
    Participant

And yes, I do go by scripture; but it is not my God. My God is my God and he is able to reveal all things unto me. Much of the scripture has been manipulated and translated into man's own understanding and feelings of things. The Father will at times lead me to read some parts of the Bible but so the Son said, “You seek for life in the scriptures but fail to realize that life is in me.” – The Father is the God of all, the creator of the universe and there is not anything to big for Him to do; Do you REALLY think he needs a book of 66 CHOSEN letters to guide one of his children? If you do, then you don't know what the Father is capable of. Now tell me, did Abraham have the Bible to go by, or scripture? No, his God was able to do exceedingly and abundantly more than anything he could ever think or ask.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi B7,
    How do you go with Jn14 1-2 or have you decided it is unreliable according to your personal guidance?

Participant

Quote (brent.stock7 @ Nov. 17 2008,11:05)
    And yes, I do go by scripture; but it is not my God. My God is my God and he is able to reveal all things unto me. Much of the scripture has been manipulated and translated into man's own understanding and feelings of things. The Father will at times lead me to read some parts of the Bible but so the Son said, “You seek for life in the scriptures but fail to realize that life is in me.” – The Father is the God of all, the creator of the universe and there is not anything to big for Him to do; Do you REALLY think he needs a book of 66 CHOSEN letters to guide one of his children? If you do, then you don't know what the Father is capable of. Now tell me, did Abraham have the Bible to go by, or scripture? No, his God was able to do exceedingly and abundantly more than anything he could ever think or ask.

Hi brent:

You say that the scripture states:

“You seek for life in the scriptures but fail to realize that life is in me.”

Where is that scripture?

God Bless

brent.stock7
    Participant

Joh 14:1 “Let not your heart be troubled. Believe in Elohim, believe also in Me.
    Joh 14:2 “In My Father’s house are many staying places. And if not, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Yes, it is true. Why is it you ask?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi B7,
    So you do believe in Jesus Christ, the Son of God.

charity
    Participant

Okay break it up!! there's enough threads that are to get know what you believe Nick.

click here

brent.stock7
    Participant

Joh 5:38 “And you do not have His Word staying in you, because you do not believe Him whom He sent.
    Joh 5:39 “You search the Scriptures, because you think you possess everlasting life in them. And these are the ones that bear witness of Me.
    Joh 5:40 “But you do not desire to come to Me in order to possess life.

brent.stock7
    Participant

I believe in the Son of the Living Elohim, the Son of the Father of Mosheh, the Son of the One who came to Mosheh and said, “I am that I am.” The One whom the Father sent to die for the sins of the world. He was and is the Messiah of the Jews and now of the Gentiles; He was tortured and put to death on a stake, and his name is יהושע. The firstborn and only begotton of the living יהוה.

brent.stock7
    Participant

And this is the last I will say, either you believe or you do not believe; Those who do are the children of light, the Sons of the living Elohim and brothers and sisters of the Messiah.

May the Father's will be done.

epistemaniac
    Participant

just wanted to thank everyone, both for their kind words regarding my wife, the advice, and for those who just answered the questions, it was good to get to know a little bit more about the people on the other side of the monitor…….

blessings,
    Ken

epistemaniac
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Nov. 17 2008,09:59)
    Hi Ken:

You say:

they and you should not be called “Christians”…anyone who denies the trinity is not a Christian in any sense of the historical classical understanding of the word…. I really and truly appreciate you pointing that out…. few are so honest…

Please show me scripture that states that someone has to believe “the trinity” to be a Christian.

Thanks

there is only one God, and that God is triune in nature…. now, if you believe in a God who is not triune, you believe in a God that does not really exist, an idol if you will…. now I do not want to be offensive or anything… I am bound by my reason on this, I am committed to my view of God just as much as you are…. by my commitment to the law of non-contradiction… there is only 1 true God, and every other God is a False God/idol, there is no in-between… no saying “well you believe that God is whatever you want, and so will I…. and everything can just believe whatever they want about God and its fine”… its not just fine, there is only one true God, and the conception of God that is most fully biblical, most accurately reflects the whole counsel of God is the Trinity.

blessings,
    Ken

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi E,
    There is no triune god taught in scripture so where did you find it?

epistemaniac
    Participant

Quote (brent.stock7 @ Nov. 17 2008,10:59)
    When I first came to this website, saw some of the belief system posted I was excited.. But as I go to each post all I see is bickering, arguing, and nonsense blabble. If you are one who is of the Father, and He is in you then you would not be acting this way. I am speaking to those who truely believe the Father sent the Son for you are the ones who the Father has called to make a home with. Come on guys, don't take what I say in the wrong way but hear it as it is said; Check yourselves please! And the reason I am not a 'Christian' is because I don't want to be labled anything but a follower of the Father- A son of the Most High Elohim. I personally do not believe in the name of 'Jesus Christ,' (although I once thought the Son's name was this too). And even when I did, the Father had shown me I was not a term known as a 'Christian', but one of his children.  The Son's real name is יהושע .

May blessings be upon you in the name of יהוה and in his Son יהושע.

in particular, in regard to your saying “I personally do not believe in the name of 'Jesus Christ,'”… this pretty is serious…. Philippians 2:10 (ESV) so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth,” this is pretty clear cut…. but maybe you have something a little subtle in mind, that you believe in the name of Iēsous or Ἰησοῦς or something…. but in any case, if you do not believe in the name of the Son, you are lost….

listen…. also know that you are a little concerned about the “bickering” … but listen…. never forget, that you have just as strong opinions about these issues as we do, and apparently you are not concerned about telling us what you think is the truth about the nature of God… if the things you believe are true, then where ever our beliefs come into conflict with one another, where ever they directly contradict one another, one of us is wrong. I am not offended that you think I am wrong, hopefully you are not offended just because I happen to think you are wrong as well.

blessings,
    Ken

blessings

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi E,
    Could this god be one of the DEDUCTIONS men have made and added to scripture
    and then said that you cannot be christian unless you accept it?

epistemaniac
    Participant

Quote (brent.stock7 @ Nov. 17 2008,11:05)

this is a false dichotomy… you do not have to worship the Scriptures nor think of them as “god” in order to think properly of them, and to obey them…. for without the Word of God, you know almost nothing about God, not even His Name, and if you think the Scriptures may err in some places, then it could very well be that it errs in telling you the name of God as well…. you can't pick and choose here, if one part may err, then any and every part could…. without the Scriptures you do not know what please Him, or what displeases Him, so no, He doesn't need a book, but we do….. and since Jesus Himself referred to the Scriptures as THE standard by which we are to know God, He said that the OT WAS the word of God, and since Peter told us that in them we have all we need for life and godliness, do not discount the Scriptures, for if you do, you will be lost in a sea of subjectivity, and God will be a god of your own making, one that you have created out of your own imagination, and not the God of Abraham, Isaac and Joseph…. not the God of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ…

blessings,
    Ken

epistemaniac
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Nov. 17 2008,14:59)
    Hi E,
    Could this god be one of the DEDUCTIONS men have made and added to scripture
    and then said that you cannot be christian unless you accept it?

is this one of your deductions?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi E,
    Perhaps.
    But the Word of God must be treated with respect.
    Adding human deductions as doctrine diminishes the Word and God Who wrote it through men

epistemaniac
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Nov. 17 2008,15:14)
    Hi E,
    Perhaps.
    But the Word of God must be treated with respect.
    Adding human deductions as doctrine diminishes the Word and God Who wrote it through men

perhaps…? perhaps that's as close as you will ever get to admitting the point…

perhaps you can show where I ever denied that the Word of God should be shown respect…..

as to “Adding human deductions as doctrine diminishes the Word and God Who wrote it through men” ….. And this is including any and all DEDUCTIONS made by you N? So that must mean that where ever and when ever you DEDUCED something from the Word of God, you disrespected it… or are you the exception to the rule N? Only OTHER people's DEDUCTIONS are disrespectful to God's Word….?

You don't have any “doctrines”, do you N? You only believe the Word of God …. which automatically means that everyone who disagrees with you doesn't believe the Word of God…. right?….. and when ever you explain what the Bible means, or doesn't mean, these aren't doctrines…. right…? Well then, what are they N? What do you call all the many posts…. that do not explicitly quote Scripture….. that you have written here N? Interpretation? DEDUCTIONS? Doctrine? Opinion? What are they exactly? Please…. enlighten me….

blessings,
    Ken

brent.stock7
    Participant

Hi Nick,
    lol, your funny – I like you, hehehe. I am thankful that you do believe in the Son of God. =)

Viewing 20 posts - 281 through 300 (of 382 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account