Getting to know You

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 382 total)
  • Author

Since We have so many new members I thought it would be nice if we would fellowship and share with others.
    My Husband and I live in Cincinnati, Ohio. We have 4 Children and 7 Grandchildren and 4 Step grandchildren.
    My Husband came from Germany by Himself when He was 21 years old.
    I came to the United States of America from Germany with my Mother and Stepfather when I was 16 years old.
    I met my Husband here and we are married now for 47 years.
    Since my Husband is a Baker by Trade We owned a Business for 10 years till we sold it to our oldest Son, because we wanted to keep the Sabbath. We found it to hard to keep the Business since we did not keep any of the Holy-days either. Our Son did not believe like we did and He took over. Unfortunately He too gave it up when He divorced His wife of 17 years. She too sold it now and a stranger is in there now.  It rather saddens me since we put so much into that Business and our name is still up there.
    But We have realized that we are not of this world anymore and God is more important to us then any Business. God has blessed us with so many material goods, I thank Him for all. However…
    All is temporarily. Now I am looking forward to the world tomorrow. No more tears, no more sorrow. Eye hath not seen, and ear hath not heard, prepared for them that Love Him.

Peace and Love Mrs.  :D  :D  :D

Mandy
    Participant

Thanks for sharing Irene!

I'm married (going on 16 years) with two children (ages 10/boy and 8/girl). I work from home now and attend a huge organic garden with several bee huts for harvesting honey which I sell at our local farmers market during the spring/summer months.

We recently added 1000 square feet to our home and it is nearly complete. I've acted as the General Contractor and I've learned a ton about the industry. I've also been under a lot of stress since the project began and I'm so glad that it is finally over.

My kids are into (and thus we are into) baseball, softball, football and cheer. My husband and I enjoy cooking and gardening. He likes to sail, and I enjoy running marathon's and participating in local triathlon's. I am also an avid collector of late 60's and 70's toys. My toy displays always bring back fond memories to those who look at them. I always hear, “Oh! No way! I remember those!”.

We have very busy days that seem to pass before our very eyes! We are enjoying every minute. :)

acertainchap
    Participant

Quote (seek and you will find @ Mar. 08 2008,03:38)
    All is temporarily. Now I am looking forward to the world tomorrow. No more tears, no more sorrow. Eye hath not seen, and ear hath not heard, prepared for them that Love Him.

There are things about Heaven that God has prepared for those that love Him and keep His Commandments that we cannot even begin to fathom in these fleshly bodies of ours. Look forward to the World of tommorrow with confidence and assurance of your Salvation knowing that all things will be made new.

Chap :)

Quote (acertainchap @ Mar. 08 2008,04:12)

Quote (seek and you will find @ Mar. 08 2008,03:38)

There are things about Heaven that God has prepared for those that love Him and keep His Commandments that we cannot even begin to fathom in these fleshly bodies of ours. Look forward to the World of tommorrow with confidence and assurance of your Salvation knowing that all things will be made new.

Chap :)

Guess what I always have ever since I became a born again Christian. That is our Hope that one day this flesh will not hurt anymore. Both physically or mentally.
    Peace and Love Mrs.

P.S. Chap are you going to share about yourself?

acertainchap
    Participant

Well, there isn't that much to tell, save that I am 19 years old, have a loving family that cares about my future like so many other families do for their children. I like to snowmobile, bike, swim, and am just an average 19 old man from New York. After I became born again, my Life changed significantly, but I found myself not wanting so much of what the World has to offer and more on what God wills for my Life and concentration more on the spiritual aspect of things. In all honesty, concentration on the spiritual and not so much the materialistic has made me somewhat of an outcast. Most importantly, I like to stay in God's word and study scripture.

:)

Thank you Mandy and Chap for sharing. Will others follow, I hope so. New York, New York

Peace and Love Mrs. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Come on the Lightenup lets share with us, please?

Peace and Love Mrs.

It is rarher sad that so few people want to fellowship. Just debating makes a sour grape. How about a sweet grape here, would be nice. I get so tired of debating all the time. So how about it. Fellowship is good for the Soul.
    Peace and Love Mrs.

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (seek and you will find @ Mar. 08 2008,07:04)
    Thank you Mandy and Chap for sharing. Will others follow, I hope so. New York, New York

Greetings…..theodorej here….just a short bio so as to continue this thread and I might say it was very thoughtfull
    of you to start it…..thanks !!
    Iam married 33 years have been a co worker / supporter of
    the church of god for at least 27 years…..several different
    organizations…
    I was catholic school educated and was ex/communicated in the early seventies for marrying a jewish woman…
    We were not blessed with children and work together in an asset mangement business / we do liquidations nationwide…..
    We live on long Islands North Fork / opposite the Hamptons and find our selves in NYC at least twice a week….

Quote (theodorej @ Mar. 11 2008,04:07)

Quote (seek and you will find @ Mar. 08 2008,07:04)

Greetings…..theodorej here….just a short bio so as to continue this thread and I might say it was very thoughtfull
    of you to start it…..thanks !!
    Iam married 33 years have been a co worker / supporter of
    the church of god for at least 27 years…..several different
    organizations…
    I was catholic school educated and was ex/communicated in the early seventies for marrying a jewish woman…
    We were not blessed with children and work together in an asset mangement business / we do liquidations nationwide…..
    We live on long Islands North Fork / opposite the Hamptons and find our selves in NYC at least twice a week….

Thank you for sharing. You belonged to the W.W.Church of God? It is so ironic so many former Catholics have come here to share and debate. But I am glad that you too came out of Her. I like to fellowship and I just wish more would do it.

Peace and Love Mrs.

Lightenup
    Participant

Hello to all,
    Well Irene, here I am “exposing myself” as someone that does other things besides debate and encourage over Bible understandings.

I am raising five great kids in a beautiful part of Tennessee.  My youngest is 11/girl, then the rest boys 15, 17, 19, and 21.  I have lived through having 4 teenage boys at once and now only 3 are teenagers.  I have been married for 26 years to a guy that is a CPA.  I can't imagine raising these kids without him.  I have homeschooled the kids for most of their education.  Now the oldest two are going away to college and the third son will be going in the fall.  He just got accepted into a very competitive program for architecture at UT-Knoxville.

I work part-time as a kitchen designer and I still homeschool my 11 year old daughter.

My family moved here from Southern California.  It was a good choice of an area to raise the kids.  Now that the boys are older they would like to be back in So Cal partying at the beach and surfing all though they love it here also.  A couple of years ago my second and third son spent the summer as missionaries for CEF (Child Evangelism Fellowship) out in Long Beach and loved it there.  My husband and I have been attending a local Baptist organization for years eventhough I do not accept the trinity doctrine anymore, he still accepts it.  The church believes in the inerrency of scripture, communion, spending time digging deeper into God's word.  I really can't imagine not having a church group to be involved with and bring up my children in.  I have taught my kids what I believe the scriptures teach us and I have many discussions with them about my differences with some of the doctrines of the denomination.  My older kids are searching scriptures with a more open mind because of that, I think.

It has been nice to see the other side of the members on threads such as this.  Good Idea, Irene.

Lightenup Thank you for sharing with us. Raising 5 children was fun, yes? Knoxville is were our oldest Grandson is with His wifew right now. She is finishing up Her Internship as a Phycogist. They are both coming Home in July to start their Careers. He is a High School Math-Teacher and a Baseball-Coach. They will be both employed in the School that they attended as Teenagers. He will also be a Coach at the same Baseball Field where He started out.

So much fun, thank you all.

Peace and Love Mrs. :D :D :D

To all! Thank you for those Brethren that have shared with us. But what about those that have looked and said nothing? Come on we like for your input too, please.

Peace and Love Mrs.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Mrs,
    Have you no respect for those who choose privacy?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Mrs,
    You have not been around long enough to see how much attack admins come under here and why a certain privacy is essential to keep at the work.

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 12 2008,08:21)
    Hi Mrs,
    Have you no respect for those who choose privacy?

Pardon me, Mr.Admin. I do not intend no harm here. If you dont want to say something, don't. But don't get mad at me to want to encourage to share with others. That is not right of you, Sorry.

Peace and love Mrs.

kejonn
    Participant

My name is Kevin John, kejonn being a mixture of the two. I am a 40 year old divorced father of two: a 17 y.o. girl and 8 y.o. son. Both will be having birthdays in the next month.

Spiritually, I cannot be defined. Nor do I want to be. I've always been slightly different than most people, all throughout my life. I've never bee none who needed to “fit in” to be happy.

I believe in a Creator God. I do not agree that He is accurately described in the Holy Bible because I do not see Him as morally superior in the OT, and I don't see Him at all in the NT. God, IMHO, is not just a supernatural version of me with all my faults and shortcomings and I think the OT portrays Him as angry, spiteful, jealous, bloodthirsty, etc. In fact, I feel morally superior to that view of God because I don't see death and/or torment as a solution for anything.

Mandy
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 12 2008,09:02)
    Hi Mrs,
    You have not been around long enough to see how much attack admins come under here and why a certain privacy is essential to keep at the work.

Nick, I can appreciate your privacy. Mainly because I have read enough back logs to know of some of the attacks you are speaking of.

Through participating on the boards you naturally learn things about other's if you pay attention. I probably share too many personal things, but then again, I'm a chick (it's what we do). :;):

Kevin John thank you for sharing. You are 40 years old, just like our Sons, one is 47 one is 45 and one is 41 and our Daughter is 36.

You could be one of ours. Well we are all related right. We are all brothers ansd sisters in Christ.

Peace and Love Mrs.

kejonn
    Participant

At least bothers and sisters in humanity Mrs :laugh:. John is actually my middle name, my last name is too personal to share on the Net. It is a German name though :;):.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 382 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account