Genesis 10:1-11

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 21 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Baker @ Jan. 07 2011,02:26)

Quote (Istari @ Jan. 06 2011,22:21)
    Kerwin,
    There is no such thing as a Ghost.
    'ghost' is simply another  word for Spirit.

As much as I hate to agree with JA, he's got this one right.

I deleted “incorrect”.

Georg

Hi Georg,

Don't let Kathi find out, she may go spaz.
    Maybe she's only got it in for me; not sure?

Your brother
    in Christ, Jesus!
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Baker
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Jan. 06 2011,20:57)
    Georg,

You mention God teaches us that angels can be invisible but while this angel was invisible to Balaam it was visible to his donkey.

I saw four points in this scripture where I believe God is teaching us something about the body of angels.  One thing I find by combining two of those points is that one individual may not observe an angel while another can even though the angel is clearly in both their lines of sight.   The one who observed the angel clearly believed the angel was material and therefore sought to avoid it thus preserving the life of the one who was blinded to the presence of the angel.  The angel therefore is most likely observed to be material even though it is not visible to one who has the line of sight to see it.

I believe spirit means different things in different contexts.  I believe that all ghosts are spirits but not all spirits are ghosts.  I hope that makes things clear on what I believe on the issue.

I think you're getting a little closer to your understanding about “SPIRITS” and “GHOSTS”.
    They are in fact both “spirit beings” because, one is used by God as a messenger, you could call him a “good spirit”; he “WILL” manifest himself as a human being in order to deliver the message.
    The other is called a ghost, he is one of Satan's devils, he can, and does, take on the appearance of a dead human, he appears to deceive, but will not manifest himself, that is why he is called a ghost.
    That is why Jesus told the apostles to touch him, and ate with them, showing he was real.

Georg

Viewing 2 posts - 21 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account