General answers to posts

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 515 total)
  • Author
    david
    Participant

Maybe they didn't.

So you're not sure? Could you list some things that you are 100% sure of….anything?

Stu
    Participant

Quote (david @ Mar. 09 2008,15:57)

Maybe they didn't.

So you're not sure?  Could you list some things that you are 100% sure of….anything?

No. Except I am sure that 2+2=4, because mathematics is self-referential. I don't demand that you be sure of anything, but are you sure there is a god?

Stuart

Mandy
    Participant

Nick, that is great that you and t8 had a chance to get together like that.

I guess I miss that part of fellowship. I had it with a small Abrahamic Faith group, but then they split up over a divorce issue and interpretation. I haven't been able to find another body of believer's since.

Mandy
    Participant

It's such a pain to not be able to post in the “believer's” section! I wish you would reconsider what a “Believer” is, t8. I mean, Kejonn and myself believe in God and Jesus – isn't that enough? Thanks.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Mandy @ Mar. 11 2008,14:28)
    Nick, that is great that you and t8 had a chance to get together like that.

I guess I miss that part of fellowship.  I had it with a small Abrahamic Faith group, but then they split up over a divorce issue and interpretation.  I haven't been able to find another body of believer's since.

Hi mandy,
    It was a great blessing. Looking back I had only prayed about more fellowship a couple of weeks ago and the chance just came up to look after some of our grandchildren who live in Wellington. The place we met in was only 500 yards from where they live. We found harmony and a shared vision of what we all needed-to express our love and unity.

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Mandy @ Mar. 10 2008,21:30)
    It's such a pain to not be able to post in the “believer's” section! I wish you would reconsider what a “Believer” is, t8. I mean, Kejonn and myself believe in God and Jesus – isn't that enough? Thanks.

I believe in God and a historical Jesus. The second may not cut the mustard for dogmatic definitions of “believer”. But I agree you should be placed back in the “believer” status here. Since you believe in a Creator God, you are quite fine for my site :laugh:.

Mandy
    Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Mar. 11 2008,15:17)

Quote (Mandy @ Mar. 10 2008,21:30)
    It's such a pain to not be able to post in the “believer's” section!  I wish you would reconsider what a “Believer” is, t8.  I mean, Kejonn and myself believe in God and Jesus – isn't that enough?  Thanks.

I believe in God and a historical Jesus. The second may not cut the  mustard for dogmatic definitions of “believer”. But I agree you should be placed back in the “believer” status here. Since you believe in a Creator God, you are quite fine for my site  :laugh:.

Thanks, Kevin! :;):

Yes, I know I'm always welcome over at your house and I thank you with all my heart!

I guess it doesn't matter what label I wear. I just would like to participate more here and find that I cannot because of my limited status. But I'm still not sure about Jesus being the Messiah, so I can't say (according to their definition of “believer” ) that I am a “believer” again. I want to be, but I still find reasons for and against. I am just trusting the LORD at this point.

Trusting for the peace that passes all understanding. It's been mine before and I'm praying for it again.

Mandy
    Participant

Sis Irene,

I had a very touching story I wanted to share in the “Positive” thread but didn't have posting rights there. I tried to copy it over to this thread and lost it. It was just too long for me to type over again (I'm too tired tonight). So much for trying to fellowship.

Sorry. I'd like to participate in that thread but I'm not allowed to.

Quote (Mandy @ Mar. 11 2008,17:33)
    Sis Irene,

I had a very touching story I wanted to share in the “Positive” thread but didn't have posting rights there.  I tried to copy it over to this thread and lost it.  It was just too long for me to type over again (I'm too tired tonight).  So much for trying to fellowship.

Sorry.  I'd like to participate in that thread but I'm not allowed to.

Mandy why dont you put the story in the getting to know you tread. You can post there, which you have done already.

Peace and Love Irene

P.S. I am tired to and cant sleep, having one of those nights. Don't get old. Ha,ha. :laugh: :laugh:

kejonn
    Participant

So we can stop taking the other threads offtopic, Nick said elsewhere

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 14 2008,16:24)
    Hi Kj,
    So what if the worthless ones can gain eternal glory with Jesus and His God?

Who is worthless? Do you get to be the judge of who is worthless?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Kj,
    Have you anything useful to offer God?
    You are dust.

kejonn
    Participant

I will be some day. As you will be. So what else is new?

Seriously Nick, what can anyone offer the one who created all? He already has it all. Its not about what we can offer God, you've got the relationship all out of kilter.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    Does our awesome God owe you or I anything?
    So why do you think you can develop a relationship with your God when you do not even respect His Words?

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 14 2008,22:00)
    Hi KJ,
    Does our awesome God owe you or I anything?

No, why do you ask?

So why do you think you can develop a relationship with your God when you do not even respect His Words?

Because they are not His words?

kejonn
    Participant

BTW, you never answered if it was OK for you daughter to be raped and then allow the rapist to marry your daughter after paying you 50 shekels.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Kj,
    Moses was struck with fear but Jesus has enabled his brothers to come close to his awesome God.
    Heb12
    18For ye are not come unto the mount that might be touched, and that burned with fire, nor unto blackness, and darkness, and tempest,

19And the sound of a trumpet, and the voice of words; which voice they that heard intreated that the word should not be spoken to them any more:

20(For they could not endure that which was commanded, And if so much as a beast touch the mountain, it shall be stoned, or thrust through with a dart:

21And so terrible was the sight, that Moses said, I exceedingly fear and quake:)

22But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,

23To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,

24And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

25See that ye refuse not him that speaketh. For if they escaped not who refused him that spake on earth, much more shall not we escape, if we turn away from him that speaketh from heaven:

26Whose voice then shook the earth: but now he hath promised, saying, Yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also heaven.

27And this word, Yet once more, signifieth the removing of those things that are shaken, as of things that are made, that those things which cannot be shaken may remain.

28Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear:

29For our God is a consuming fire.

kejonn
    Participant

BTW, you never answered if it was OK for you daughter to be raped and then allow the rapist to marry your daughter after paying you 50 shekels.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    Your should address criticisms of scripture to the Author,
    and not His servants,
    if you dare.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 15 2008,15:41)
    Hi KJ,
    Your should address criticisms of scripture to the Author,
    and not His servants,
    if you dare.

The author by his own writing is a homocidal manic who shows extreme and arbitrary prejudice. His servants are not servants at all but slaves. If any of it were true it would be a cause for outrage. Because it is mythology it can be tolerated in the spirit of free speech. When people are damaged because of it then it should be denounced with vigour. Can you say that christianity does not damage people?

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

Sorry. can't spell homicidal. Still 'homocidal' does apply if you accept the moral bankrupcy of Leviticus.

Stuart

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 515 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account