General answers to posts

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 515 total)
  • Author
    Mandy
    Participant

I'm not angry with anyone, Nick.

:p

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Mandy,
    If you are finally able to accept that God revealed little of the two aspects of the kingship of Jesus to the chosen people will you get over it and allow God to be sovereign in these matters?

Mandy
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 06 2008,17:25)
    Take your complaints against our God to Him if you dare.

The Psalms are full of complaints towards God.

I believe you need to give our God more credit, Nick. He is able to handle our doubts/fears/questions. He knows we are merely dust.

Mandy
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 06 2008,17:33)
    Hi Mandy,
    If you are finally able to accept that God revealed little of the two aspects of the kingship of Jesus to the chosen people will you get over it and allow God to be sovereign in these matters?

Yes.

But what little he did reveal – Jesus didn't match completely. It's a “close but no cigar” type of senerio.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi mandy,
    Your call on these matters may not be accurate.

Mandy
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 06 2008,17:36)
    Hi mandy,
    Your call on these matters may not be accurate.

OK.

Hey, I'm just reading the book and taking notes….

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi mandy,
    If you cannot satisfy your idea of proof will you walk away or will you still say with Peter ?

“Lord to whom else shall we go? You have the words of eternal life”

Mandy
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 06 2008,18:02)
    Hi mandy,
    If you cannot satisfy your idea of proof will you walk away or will you still say with Peter ?

“Lord to whom else shall we go? You have the words of eternal life”

I don't know….

Of course I want to believe Jesus. I want to be a part of the group that is convinced of him. But why are so many questions left unanswered? And why do we not have more evidence that Jesus is the Christ? Why are there things said of the promised Messiah that have not rang true in Jesus?

How can I just deny these bits of contradiction? It would certainly be easier to just ignore them, but now my concience will not allow it.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi mandy,
    Who owns your mind?
    Rom12
    2And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Mandy
    Participant

But I don't think asking reasonable questions about holes in Messiah teaching is “conforming to the world”. I'm simply asking questions that seem to have no answers and I'm wondering why?

Perhaps there are no answers. Perhaps we all must just choose something to believe and stick with it? Everyone says they have the truth, so just pick one! Right!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi mandy,
    God comes down the road and meets you and blesses you and empowers you.
    No empty icons and useless human religions

Stu
    Participant

A belief in what Jesus really said would be better than belief in the Pauline fictional Jesus, which in turn is about the same as belief in a god that ignored / allowed / caused the atrocities by the Nazis against various minorities in the 1930s and 1940s. Apart from 'do unto others…' (hardly original) How can any of this belief system be considered morally defensible?

Stuart

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 06 2008,01:26)
    Hi mandy,
    God comes down the road and meets you and blesses you and empowers you.
    No empty icons and useless human religions

Since humans wrote every religious text out there, how can any of them NOT be a human religion? In fact, a non-human religion would not rely on an ancient tome of unsupported events to guide them to the nature of God when that nature changed in the tome over the course of its writing.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    So you believe the influence of the human vessel is greater than the influence of our God?
    Your god is too small.

kejonn
    Participant

Or rather your dogma is too large. Since when can God be contained in an old tome?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    You really do not know the awesome powers of our God do you?
    A group of illiterate fishermen and a debt collector recalled and recorded with precise certainty the words and actions of an anointed man.
    There are few greater miracles.

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 06 2008,18:14)
    Hi KJ,
    You really do not know the awesome powers of our God do you?

Which God, the same one spoken of in the bible? The jealous, quick to anger, manipulative, wrathful one who acts like an 8 year old child pitching a temper tantrum?

Yes, much power is WRITTEN about him in the bible but archaeology, sociology, anthropology, and other fields are quickly showing that the bible is more legend and myth than historical reality. If the bible is proven to be such, where does that leave the god described therein?

A group of illiterate fishermen and a debt collector recalled and recorded with precise certainty the words and actions of an anointed man.

This has also pretty much been disproven. It is now well known that the writers of the gospels never even encountered Jesus, and they certainly were not the illiterate fisherman who would not have been able to write anything. And Paul admits he neve rmet Jesus except in some suppose dvision (how can we be certain the vision was Jesus since he never met him? Could have been Satan).

So much for that theory.

There are few greater miracles.

Or rather there are few greater embellishments accepted by many to be real. When other books write such tales we call it fiction.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    With your insolent ways exposed for all to see you will be hoping the God to be feared does not exist.

Mandy
    Participant

Kevin,

Have you completed your search and made a decision for yourself? Is God real? Does he exist but maybe not in the fashion the bible portrays? Has your search given you too many explainations that widdle away at the very core of faith? Have you lost faith entirely?

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Mandy @ Mar. 06 2008,23:16)
    Kevin,

Have you completed your search and made a decision for yourself?  Is God real?  Does he exist but maybe not in the fashion the bible portrays?  Has your search given you too many explainations that widdle away at the very core of faith?  Have you lost faith entirely?

Hey Mandy,

No way! I have complete faith in God, just not that He is even remotely described accurately in the bible. God in the bible is just a bigger more powerful version of us. He displays many of our same emotions and even enjoys the smell of a good cookout!

I am instead heading away from the Abrahamic view of God. That view of God has resulted in the death and persecution of billions of mankind since its original days. Why, even the bible records some of this! Joshua alone shows what belief in God in the Abrahamic form can result in. The Christians took up after this and killed many of the first Abrahamics, then each other, then the Muslims came along, killed many of the first two Abrahamics, and are still killing both groups today.

I see God as morally superior to us in every way. He does not play the super hero one minute and the super villian the next! He is not looking for us to atone for our sins because we can not hurt God, but I do believe He expects us to seek the forgiveness and reconcile with other humans we have wronged. He does not desire to be worshiped because that would indicate that He is selfish. Did your father or mother have you so you would worship them? Then why would you expect God to be any different as the morally superior being He is?

That is not to say He can't be worshiped and that it is wrong to do so. Rather, I believe true worship is not found in singing or praying but working. Working to improve ourselves both inside and out, with out thoughts, words and deeds. Working to imrpove our relationship with our fellow man, no matter the race, sex or religion. We all share the same planet, we need to stop thinking we are superior or inferior in any way from any other man or woman based on any factor. Some religions can make you feel superior or at least make you avoid those of other faiths (or no faith) and that is not — IMHO — how God wants us to be.

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 515 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account