General answers to posts

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 515 total)
  • Author
    kejonn
    Participant

Nope. It may be all false, but written in good intention. Or maybe it was willing deception. It would not be the first deception.

What makes the bible any more true than the millions of other writings of man?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    So we have an anointed man of God who does amazing miracles that God has allowed to be recorded and preserved for the sake of our faith and yet you say some of this is dubious ?

kejonn
    Participant

OR, we have legends about a man who may have said some of the things that we read about, but likely very little of the acts that were said of him.

Reality is tough but it is in fact reality. Miracles of the biblical proportion look like magical acts of fiction and can only be reproduced in the imagination or by CGI.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Kj,
    So you are now saying none of it is true and God did not anoint him at all with the Holy Spirit and power? Why can you not make up your mind? Perhaps your doubts keep getting in the road.

kejonn
    Participant

Seriously, why DO you need to believe in the miracles? Was the words not enough for you? It seems that they were not enough for others, so the legends were thrown in for the extra “oomph”. The legend spreaders knew people like you needed a “sign”.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Kj,
    Trying to found your faith when you think the bible is mixed with lies must be difficult.

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 05 2008,21:45)
    Hi Kj,
    So you are now saying none of it is true and God did not anoint him at all with the Holy Spirit and power? Why can you not make up your mind? Perhaps your doubts keep getting in the road.

None, some, most, who really knows? It all comes down to what each individual is willign to accept. Since I stopped believing in Santa and Peter Cottontail when I was a kid, it seemed only natural that the unsupported “miracles” of the bible came later in life. I'm thoroughly amazed that I believed as long as I did. Its the “fear” component if you must know.

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 05 2008,21:46)
    Hi Kj,
    Trying to found your faith when you think the bible is mixed with lies must be difficult.

Actually, if you'd quit kidding yourself, you'd come to find that a book is a poor substitute for the way God can communicate with us in our own heart. In fact, books can get in our way.

kejonn
    Participant

Books are dead trees, the heart is a creation of God. Which ould you trust more?

david
    Participant

Have you seen the things the human heart has lead to?

kejonn
    Participant

Have you seen the things that the bible has infleunced men to do?

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Mar. 06 2008,14:56)
    Books are dead trees, the heart is a creation of God. Which ould you trust more?

Hi kj,
    Jeremiah 17:9
    The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

kejonn
    Participant

Seems bible-God was indeed confused

Deu 4:39 “Know therefore today, and take it to your heart, that the LORD, He is God in heaven above and on the earth below; there is no other.

Deu 6:5 “You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might.
      Deu 6:6 “These words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart.

Deu 10:12 “Now, Israel, what does the LORD your God require from you, but to fear the LORD your God, to walk in all His ways and love Him, and to serve the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul,

Deu 11:13 “It shall come about, if you listen obediently to my commandments which I am commanding you today, to love the LORD your God and to serve Him with all your heart and all your soul,

1Sa 12:24 “Only fear the LORD and serve Him in truth with all your heart; for consider what great things He has done for you.

1Sa 16:7 But the LORD said to Samuel, “Do not look at his appearance or at the height of his stature, because I have rejected him; for God sees not as man sees, for man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart.”

Psa 4:7 You have put gladness in my heart, More than when their grain and new wine abound.

Psa 7:10 My shield is with God, Who saves the upright in heart.

Psa 13:5 But I have trusted in Your lovingkindness; My heart shall rejoice in Your salvation.

Psa 28:7 The LORD is my strength and my shield; My heart trusts in Him, and I am helped; Therefore my heart exults, And with my song I shall thank Him.

Psa 33:21 For our heart rejoices in Him, Because we trust in His holy name.

Psa 40:8 I delight to do Your will, O my God; Your Law is within my heart.”

Psa 73:1 A Psalm of Asaph. Surely God is good to Israel, To those who are pure in heart!

Psa 86:12 I will give thanks to You, O Lord my God, with all my heart, And will glorify Your name forever.

Psa 97:11 Light is sown like seed for the righteous And gladness for the upright in heart.

Psa 111:1 Praise the LORD! I will give thanks to the LORD with all my heart, In the company of the upright and in the assembly.

Psa 119:2 How blessed are those who observe His testimonies, Who seek Him with all their heart.

Psa 119:10 With all my heart I have sought You; Do not let me wander from Your commandments.

Psa 119:11 Your word I have treasured in my heart, That I may not sin against You.

Need I go on?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    You quote His words to His chosen people. But you are a gentile.

kejonn
    Participant

Jew = human
    Gentile = human
    God created humans

Are you a father Nick? Do you play favorites with your children? To think God had a favorite is attributed yet another very human failing to one who is supposed to be morally superior to man in every possible way. So how can such a morally superior God play favorites?

Mandy
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 06 2008,12:26)
    Hi mandy,
    So the prophets did miracles but some of their words were untrustworthy?

Their words? Are you sure it was their words and not a scribe adding his .02 cents? It's happened before to various passages in the Bible, this much we know is true.

I've asked you this before but you never answered me – if we know that there are certain errors in the bible then how can we know there are not more errors that we have not detected yet or have information about?

Mandy
    Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Mar. 06 2008,13:42)
    But if one is to take the bible as a whole and say it is all God's Word, one set of books say Jesus was the “Christ” the other older set disqualifies him on many grounds.

I would love as many as possible to comment on this.

I believe Kejonn is correct. In my personal study it appears that the OT has many qualifications for the promised Messiah that Jesus did not fulfill. Christians tell me that Jesus will fulfill these requirements upon his “second coming.”

But when I ask about the “second coming” and where I can find this information…..the board grows very quiet……

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 06 2008,12:49)
    Exactly KJ,
    Doubt is a crippling disorder.

Are you completely sure about that?

Stuart

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Mar. 06 2008,16:17)
    Jew = human
    Gentile = human
    God created humans

Are you a father Nick? Do you play favorites with your children? To think God had a favorite is attributed yet another very human failing to one who is supposed to be morally superior to man in every possible way. So how can such a morally superior God play favorites?

Hi KJ,
    Number 1471
    Transliteration:
    gowy {go'-ee} rarely (shortened) goy {go'-ee}
    Word Origin:
    apparently from the same root as 1465
    TWOT:
    326e AV – nation 374, heathen 143, Gentiles 30, people 11
    Part of Speech:
    TWOT – 326e
    Usage in the KJV:
    nation 374, heathen 143, Gentiles 30, people 11

Total: 558
    Definition:
    n m
    nation, people
    nation, people
    usually of non-Hebrew people
    of descendants of Abraham
    of Israel
    of swarm of locusts, other animals (fig.) n pr m
    Goyim? = “nations”

So God did not have a chosen people?
    Hmmm

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Mandy @ Mar. 06 2008,16:52)

Quote (kejonn @ Mar. 06 2008,13:42)
    But if one is to take the bible as a whole and say it is all God's Word, one set of books say Jesus was the “Christ” the other older set disqualifies him on many grounds.

I would love as many as possible to comment on this.

I believe Kejonn is correct.  In my personal study it appears that the OT has many qualifications for the promised Messiah that Jesus did not fulfill.  Christians tell me that Jesus will fulfill these requirements upon his “second coming.”

But when I ask about the “second coming” and where I can find this information…..the board grows very quiet……

Hi mandy,
    Take your complaints against our God to Him if you dare.
    Anger against His servants serves no useful purpose.

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 515 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account