Gal.3:17-27, what does Gal.3:17-27 mean?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Ed J
    Participant

Hi Tim, I started this thread for you.

Gal.3:17-27, what does Gal.3:17-27 mean? This needs to be discussed; Tim please listen.

Gal.3:17 I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was
    four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.
    18 For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise.
    19 Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to
    whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator. 20 Now a mediator
    is not a mediator of one, but God is one. 21   Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if
    there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.
    22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given
    to them that believe. 23 But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which
    should afterwards be revealed. 24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that
    we might be justified by faith. 25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster. 26
    For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. 27 For as many of you as have been baptized
    into Christ have put on Christ. (Gal.3:17-27) There are two aspects I wish to discuss concerning this:

1) The world still needs the schoolmaster (The Law). We will discuss why Tim K. does not understand this.
    2) The law no longer applies to Christians. We will discuss why Tim K. has not articulated what this means.

I humbly ask everyone to PLEASE stick to the subject of this topic; I will remind anyone who is getting off-track.

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Tim,

Since Point #2 is more important, I will start with that first.
    We are above the law, meaning we establish a law for ourselves
    that is even a higher standard than the 10 commandments Moses gave.
    This is what the Apostle Paul meant when he said the following in Phil.2:12-13.
    This is also what the Apostle Paul meant when he said the following in Romans 3:31.

Romans 3:31 Do we then make void “The Law”(God's 10 Commandments) through faith?
    God forbid: yea, we establish “The Law”(What Jesus said the 2 commandments mean for us).

Phil.2:12 Work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. 13 For it is God
    which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure. (Phil.2:12-13)
    It is the “HolySpirit”(God) in us who establishes the mind set to accomplish this.

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Everyone,

At this point I will wait until others weigh in on this importiant subject.

God bless

ftk
    Participant

Ed:……I will interpret in full caps and point out what I am referring to with parentheses.

….Gal.3:16….To Abraham and his seed were the promises made..to one seed…Christ…and I say, that the covenant,(Abrahams promise) that was confirmed (before) of God in Christ, (the law), which was
    four hundred and thirty years after,(Abrahams promise) cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.
    18 For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise.
    19 Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to
    whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator. 20 Now a mediator
    is not a mediator of one, but God is one. 21 Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if
    there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.
    22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given
    to them that believe. 23 But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which
    should afterwards be revealed. 24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that
    we might be justified by faith. 25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster. 26
    For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. 27 For as many of you as have been baptized
    into Christ have put on Christ. (Gal.3:17-27) There are two aspects I wish to discuss concerning this:

1) The world still needs the schoolmaster (The Law). We will discuss why Tim K. does not understand this.
    2) The law no longer applies to Christians. We will discuss why Tim K. has not articulated what this means.
    I humbly ask everyone to PLEASE stick to the subject of this topic; I will remind anyone who is getting off-track.

ftk
    Participant

I hit the post button. Start again!

……Gal.3:16….To Abraham and his seed were the promises made..(to one seed)…Christ…and I say, that the covenant,(Abrahams promise) that was confirmed (before) of God in Christ,(before) (the law), which was
    four hundred and thirty years after,(Abrahams promise) cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of(Abraham)of none effect….[THE LAW DID NOT DISANNUL THE PROMISE TO ABRAHAM]…..

18 For [if the inheritance be of the law], it is no more of promise:(faith) but God gave it to Abraham by promise.(faith)
    19 Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, (till)(the law was until Christ) the seed should come to
    is not a mediator of one, but God is one. 21 Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for [if
    there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law]…..THE LAW COULD NOT MAKE ONE RIGHTEOUS. NO RIGHTEOUSNESS FROM THE LAW!…..

to them that believe. 23 But before faith(Jesus) came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto (the faith) which
    should afterwards(after the law) be revealed. 24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us (unto)(up to) Christ, that
    we might be justified (by faith). 25 But…… [after that faith is come, we are no longer under a(law) schoolmaster]….read Ed! 26
    For…. ye are all the children of God (by faith)(not law) in Christ Jesus…. 27 For as many of you as have been baptized

Ed says we still need a schoolmaster, the scripture says we no longer need a schoolmaster, who ya gonna believe?
    My Bible, New Testament, says the Holy Spirit will lead me, guide me and teach me all things unto God. The law was “until” Christ! Then “FAITH”

Ed:You might want to re-read the very scriptures you chose to (TEACH ME A LESSON)! the schoolboy, TK

ftk
    Participant

Ed:
    …….Hi Tim,

This is what the Apostle Paul meant when he said the following in Phil.2:12-13.[IF ANYONE BELIEVE THAT THIS SCRIPTURE MEANS TO WORK OR DO WORKS AND DEEDS TO ATTAIN SALVATION WILL HAVE THEIR OWN SALVATION. ONE THAT HAS FAITH IN WHAT JESUS HAS DONE AND GIVEN TO US BY FAITH IS SAVED BY GOD! YOUR CHOICE, GODS SALVATION OR YOUR OWN.
    This is also what the Apostle Paul meant when he said the following in Romans 3:31……..LETS BACK UP A FEW VERSES AND SEE IF WHAT ED SAYS IS TRUE…..Rom.3:20…..THEREFORE BY THE DEEDS OF THE LAW THERE SHALL NO FLESH BE JUSTIFIED….V21….BUT NOW THE RIGHTEOUSNESS OF GOD…WITHOUT THE LAW….IS MANIFESTED…V27…WHERE IS BOASTING THEN?….IT IS EXCLUDED….BY WHAT LAW OF WORKS…NAY…BUT BY THE LAW OF FAITH…..V28….THEREFORE WE CONCLUDE THAT A MAN IS JUSTIFIED BY FAITH….WITHOUT THE DEEDS OF THE LAW…!!!

Romans 3:31 Do we then make void “The Law”(God's 10 Commandments) through faith?
    God forbid: yea, we establish “The Law”(What Jesus said the 2 commandments mean for us)…..I THOUGHT THERE WAS 10!

Phil.2:12 [Work out your own salvation] with fear and trembling. 13 For it is God…WORK FOR YOUR OWN SALVATION WILL ONLY GET YOU YOUR OWN SALVATION…..MAYBE SELF BOASTING BUT NO GOD HELP…..NOTHING!

which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure. (Phil.2:12-13)
    It is the “HolySpirit”(God) in us who establishes the mind set to accomplish this…..WRONG, IT IS THE HOLY SPIRIT THAT TEACHES US, WITHIN, AND NOT BY ANY LAWS.

ITS CRUNCH TIME, FOLLOW THE SCRIPTURES OR FOLLOW…….SOMEONE ELSE! TK

seekingtruth
    Participant

Ed and Tim,
    I believe that both of you are right… for the most part. The Law is important and while we're not under it's covenant it is still important to know what displeases the Lord and if we truly love God we will not want to do anything to displease Him.  

Our salvation is based on faith, but if your faith does not make you want to please the Lord then it is dead.

It all boils down to the most important commandment, to love the Lord our God with all our heart, mind and soul. If I do those things I do not want to do, God will forgive me. If I choose to do those things which displease the Lord then I violate my own conscience hindering my love for God.  

God bless both of you – Wm

ftk
    Participant

Wm: Thank you for your kind and gentle response of truth reflecting the love of God within you!

If I may make a couple of points to consider:

I have always been under the impression that in Heaven there is no pain, suffering, sickness, hurt, sorrow etc.! I still believe this to be so. There is no sorrow or displeasure in God. Man has created that idea of “pleasing God” but there is no “displeasure” in Heaven. God, in my opinion, is not looking on mankind to grade them and judge them for what they do or don't do. I believe that to be an errant belief established by religion over the years.

The scriptures say that to love the lord is to abide in his words. If his words abide in us, then our love is perfected. Perfected love has no fear (afraid of God). Perfected love stands tall with his father and brother in unity by faith. If a persons conscience judges them or degrades them or makes them feel bad, it is not God.

Scriptures say that to come to God one must: Believe that he is…and….that he is a “rewarder” of those that diligently seek him. The reward is not to please God the reward is what God has given to man. Believing what God has actually done for mankind is where the reward is. The summation of the entire New Testament in my opinion is….whatsoever you sow(you mind, thoughts, ponders, meditations, contemplations et.al., you will reap in life. You create your own life by these things in your powerful “mind of Christ”. If one fills his mind/heart with Gods love and sows that love he receives a life of love and peace.

There is no condemnation from God in Christ. We are now referring to our relationship with God. This earthly world has fear, condemnation and all other forms of “evil” still operating until man puts them away. The earth is created in relative duality for the sake of experiencing either extreme of any whole force. Here there are likes and dislikes, hot and cold, heavy and lite, happy and sad etc.! We are here to experience what cannot be experienced in Heaven. Heaven is perfect balance of all forces at all times. Bliss! There is no discordant energy in Heaven.

Duality does not mean to experience good and evil! There is only good! Man has accepted (or introduced) the belief of evil unto death. We must each individually stop judging and grading things as good or evil. Evil is not of God or anything God has made. Evil is a belief in an opposite of God. God is ONE, absolute which has no opposite. God is all inclusive. Where evil is, God is not. God is everywhere so evil is not!! If one believes in “evil” he is apart from God. God has no evil. God sees no evil. The things we call “evil” are experiences in Gods eyes. All is balanced and all is equal. We reap that which we sow in the earth. We live in choices, constantly choosing a path to follow or leave alone.

What ever our “Aura” of electromagnetic energy is predominately composed of [high frequency(God) or low frequency(depression)] which is created by the thoughts and meditations of our minds. This self created energy field will draw like energy from the ether in the form of the circumstances of your life. Whether we know it or not, that is the way we create our own personal lives on earth.

These are some of my beliefs formed over many years of study. They are my opinions of truth like everyone has on their pathway to God. Thanks for reading them and forming your own opinions. God bless you, TK

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Oct. 06 2011,02:47)
    1) The world still needs the schoolmaster (The Law).

Quote (ftk @ Oct. 07 2011,20:49)
    This earthly world has fear, condemnation and all other forms of “evil” still operating until man puts them away.

Hi Tim,

It appears you agree with me with this statement of yours.

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

2) The law no longer applies to Christians. We will discuss why Tim K. has not articulated what this means.[/b]

Hi Tim,

We as Christians not only don't steal things that belong to others, but
    we give some of our things away to others who need them more than we do.

God bless

ftk
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Oct. 08 2011,07:51)

2) The law no longer applies to Christians. We will discuss why Tim K. has not articulated what this means.[/b]

Hi Tim,

God bless

Ed: You use that term liberally. I have yet to see one single man
    on earth that I would call, “Christ Like”! There was only one, Jesus!

Only a simple minded self-righteousness man would be so deluded as to say he would not steal food for his family's survival. Also a liar! Typical religious outward deception. Religious Actors full of lies and deceptions. Anything to make a show of their religion. Ask them if they lie and they say no, never! There's another lie. Ask them if they steal and they say no, never! Another lie.

Self-righteous people are the most disgusting people on earth. Paul called it boasting. Completely works and show oriented, they are always saying look at me if you want to see effort for perfection. They say, oh I've done so much good, to so many, come look at me and see a true Christian! God really loves me!

Where there are gathered the most religious/deceived people, is the place that are gathered the anti-christ. The buzzards circle overhead of the dead! IMO, TK

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (ftk @ Oct. 08 2011,21:31)

Quote (Ed J @ Oct. 08 2011,07:51)

Hi Tim,

God bless

Ed:  You use that term liberally. I have yet to see one single man
    on earth that I would call, “Christ Like”! There was only one, Jesus!

Only a simple minded self-righteousness man would be so deluded as to say he would not steal food for his family's survival. Also a liar! Typical religious outward deception. Religious Actors full of lies and deceptions. Anything to make a show of their religion. Ask them if they lie and they say no, never! There's another lie. Ask them if they steal and they say no, never! Another lie.    

Self-righteous people are the most disgusting people on earth. Paul called it boasting. Completely works and show oriented, they are always saying look at me if you want to see effort for perfection. They say, oh I've done so much good, to so many, come look at me and see a true Christian!  God really loves me!

Where there are gathered the most religious/deceived people, is the place that are gathered the anti-christ. The buzzards circle overhead of the dead!  IMO, TK

Hi Tim,

Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you?
    let him show out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom.
    But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth. This wisdom
    descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish. For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work. (James 3:13-16)

For in many things we offend all. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridle the whole body. (James 3:2)
    Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure
    of the stature of the fulness of Christ (meaning one completely STOPS sinning): (Ephesians 4:13)

God bless

ftk
    Participant

Ed: Who is a wise man, endued with knowledge let him show out of a good conversation his WORKS(words) with meekness of wisdom……

A man like this Ed…… Woe to you scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites….ye devour widows houses…for a pretense make long prayers…woe to you for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte and when he is made ye make him two fold

more the child of hell than yourselves….ye blind guides…ye fools…..and blind…..ye make clean the outside of the cup but within ye are full of extortion and excess….woe to you that appear beautiful outward but are within full of dead men's bones and uncleanliness,…..ye also appear righteous unto men but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity….ye serpents, ye generation of vipers….!!! Lord Jesus!

Is this like you are talking about? TK

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Tim,

This thread is on what Gal.3:17-27 means;
    care to give your views in this regard?

God bless

annie
    Participant

Gal.3:17-27, what does Gal.3:17-27 mean? This needs to be discussed; Tim please listen.

Gal.3:17 I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was
    four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.
    is not a mediator of one, but God is one. 21   Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if

God bless

Hi everyone!

What Paul is saying in these verses in a nutshell is, you can not be considered righteous and be saved by the law, only through faith.  

In trying to discern the meaning of Gal.3:17-27 you need to go back to chapter 2.  The circumcised group under Peter were teaching that you couldn't be saved unless you were circumcised.  Paul then explains to them that circumcision is obedience to the law yes, but that is not what saves you.  In order to inherit the promise given to Abraham you need to have faith in God.  As he says in verse 3:6 Thus Abraham “believed God, and it was reckoned to him as righteousness.”  

It is those who have faith who are the sons of Abraham and thus inherit the promise.  When he is talking about the law being written down over 400 years after Abraham, he is saying in other words, we have never been considered righteous (saved) by the works of the law but only by faith in God as Abraham's faith being reckoned to him as righteousness was before the written law.  Paul then explains to them that we needed the law as a guide to let us know how to please God because of our transgressions against Him.  (By the time of the Exodus, they had been slaves in Egypt for so long, and had learned their pagan ways, so they had to be retaught how to please God.) Now, because of the law, they knew what sin was and what the punishment was for sinning, which was death.  

It is impossible for us, by ourselves, without the Holy Spirit, to keep the law completely as we are carnal creatures and by nature rebel against God. As Romans 3:23 says, 'since all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God'.  Therefore, because of our carnality we were doomed under the law as we all have sinned and were condemned to death according to it. Thus he tells us in verse 22But the scripture consigned all things to sin, but what was promised to faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe.  You need faith in order to please God and to be considered righteous and receive the promise.  Now because of Yeshua, who was promised to Abraham through his seed, who became the final sacrifice for our sins, we are now made sons of God, therefore heirs to the Kingdom, through faith in Him.

Does this mean that the law no longer applies?  No, because it still is our guide as to how to please God.  The instructions never changed, we are to still obey as best we can.  The only thing that changed is the fact that, now, we are no longer under the curse of death, as stated in the law, because of our sins, but are now covered with His blood through faith so that as long as we repent of our sins we are now FORGIVEN and have eternal life.  We are then to continue in our faith by following Him and keeping His Commandments.

As far as the two commandments given in Matthew 22, 37'And he said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.  38This is the great and first commandment.  39And a second is like it, You shall love your neighbor as yourself”, unfortunately, most people stop at verse 39.  You need to also read verse 40 which says, 'On these two commandments depend all the law and the prophets.'  In other words, these two commandments are the two most important but the rest of the law and the prophets tell us how to accomplish these two greatest commandments!  If you follow the law (or in Hebrew, the Torah, which is the first 5 books of the Bible, and where we find God's Commandments) you will be showing God that you love Him with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.  You will also show love to your neighbor as if it were yourself, if you follow His commandments which are found in His law!  

So, do we still need to keep the law?  I would say the answer to that question is a resounding YES!! Without keeping the law we are sinning against God and our fellow man, therefore, breaking the two most important commandments!  As stated in 1John3:4 'Every one who commits sin is guilty of lawlessness; sin is lawlessness.'  So according to John, sin is without the law. Besides, there are some forever Commands in His law that most Christians choose to ignore but that is another topic altogether.

Rev:14:12 'Here is a call for the endurance of the saints, those who keep the Commandments of God and the faith of Jesus.'

Shalom

Pastry
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Oct. 06 2011,02:48)
    Hi Tim,

This is what the Apostle Paul meant when he said the following in Phil.2:12-13.
    This is also what the Apostle Paul meant when he said the following in Romans 3:31.

God forbid: yea, we establish “The Law”(What Jesus said the 2 commandments mean for us).

Phil.2:12 Work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. 13 For it is God
    It is the “HolySpirit”(God) in us who establishes the mind set to accomplish this.

God bless

You are as confusing as ever; “”we establish a law for ourselves””?

Where do you read that? did not Jesus tell us this?

Jhn 13:34 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.

Jhn 14:15 ¶ If ye love me, keep my commandments.

What commandments?

Mat 22:36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?

Mat 22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

Mat 22:38 This is the first and great commandment.

Mat 22:39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Mat 22:40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Rom 13:8 ¶ Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.

Gal 5:14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

So you see, we don't establish “a law” for ourselves; we fulfill the law by our love for God and neighbor.

Georg

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    We never were under the Law but due to perish.[Rom 2-3]
    That is why we must make sure we have obeyed the commands and received the promise [Heb4]

We must be baptised into Christ Jesus because there is no condemnation for those in Christ Jesus.[Rom8]
    Under the Law of the Spirit we are to allow ourselves to be led by the Spirit and we will not be motivated by sin or deliberately sin.[1jn 3]

We saved so that we can be useful to God and to mankind while we remain on the earth.

We work out our salvation by the Spirit-letting blessings follow our path.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (annie @ Mar. 06 2012,02:52)

God bless

Hi everyone!

What Paul is saying in these verses in a nutshell is, you can not be considered righteous and be saved by the law, only through faith.  

In trying to discern the meaning of Gal.3:17-27 you need to go back to chapter 2.  The circumcised group under Peter were teaching that you couldn't be saved unless you were circumcised.  Paul then explains to them that circumcision is obedience to the law yes, but that is not what saves you.  In order to inherit the promise given to Abraham you need to have faith in God.  As he says in verse 3:6 Thus Abraham “believed God, and it was reckoned to him as righteousness.”  

It is those who have faith who are the sons of Abraham and thus inherit the promise.  When he is talking about the law being written down over 400 years after Abraham, he is saying in other words, we have never been considered righteous (saved) by the works of the law but only by faith in God as Abraham's faith being reckoned to him as righteousness was before the written law.  Paul then explains to them that we needed the law as a guide to let us know how to please God because of our transgressions against Him.  (By the time of the Exodus, they had been slaves in Egypt for so long, and had learned their pagan ways, so they had to be retaught how to please God.) Now, because of the law, they knew what sin was and what the punishment was for sinning, which was death.  

It is impossible for us, by ourselves, without the Holy Spirit, to keep the law completely as we are carnal creatures and by nature rebel against God. As Romans 3:23 says, 'since all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God'.  Therefore, because of our carnality we were doomed under the law as we all have sinned and were condemned to death according to it. Thus he tells us in verse 22But the scripture consigned all things to sin, but what was promised to faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe.  You need faith in order to please God and to be considered righteous and receive the promise.  Now because of Yeshua, who was promised to Abraham through his seed, who became the final sacrifice for our sins, we are now made sons of God, therefore heirs to the Kingdom, through faith in Him.

Does this mean that the law no longer applies?  No, because it still is our guide as to how to please God.  The instructions never changed, we are to still obey as best we can.  The only thing that changed is the fact that, now, we are no longer under the curse of death, as stated in the law, because of our sins, but are now covered with His blood through faith so that as long as we repent of our sins we are now FORGIVEN and have eternal life.  We are then to continue in our faith by following Him and keeping His Commandments.

As far as the two commandments given in Matthew 22, 37'And he said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.  38This is the great and first commandment.  39And a second is like it, You shall love your neighbor as yourself”, unfortunately, most people stop at verse 39.  You need to also read verse 40 which says, 'On these two commandments depend all the law and the prophets.'  In other words, these two commandments are the two most important but the rest of the law and the prophets tell us how to accomplish these two greatest commandments!  If you follow the law (or in Hebrew, the Torah, which is the first 5 books of the Bible, and where we find God's Commandments) you will be showing God that you love Him with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.  You will also show love to your neighbor as if it were yourself, if you follow His commandments which are found in His law!  

So, do we still need to keep the law?  I would say the answer to that question is a resounding YES!! Without keeping the law we are sinning against God and our fellow man, therefore, breaking the two most important commandments!  As stated in 1John3:4 'Every one who commits sin is guilty of lawlessness; sin is lawlessness.'  So according to John, sin is without the law. Besides, there are some forever Commands in His law that most Christians choose to ignore but that is another topic altogether.

Rev:14:12 'Here is a call for the endurance of the saints, those who keep the Commandments of God and the faith of Jesus.'

Shalom

Hi Annie,

Excellent Post!    …welcome to H-net!

Your brother
    in Christ, Jesus.
    holycitybiblecode.org

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Pastry @ Mar. 06 2012,03:43)

Jhn 13:34   A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.  

What commandments?

Mat 22:36   Master, which is the great commandment in the law?  

Mat 22:37   Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.  

Mat 22:38   This is the first and great commandment.  

Mat 22:39   And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.  

Mat 22:40   On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.  

Rom 13:8 ¶ Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.  

Gal 5:14   For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.  

So you see, we don't establish “a law” for ourselves; we fulfill the law by our love for God and neighbor.

Georg

Hi Georg,

Romans 3:31.

God bless

Pastry
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Mar. 06 2012,04:57)

Quote (Pastry @ Mar. 06 2012,03:43)

Jhn 13:34   A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.  

What commandments?

Mat 22:36   Master, which is the great commandment in the law?  

Mat 22:37   Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.  

Mat 22:38   This is the first and great commandment.  

Mat 22:39   And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.  

Mat 22:40   On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.  

Gal 5:14   For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.  

Georg

Hi Georg,

Romans 3:31.

God bless

What does Roman 3:31 say? can't you copy and paste?
    I bring it up for you.

Rom 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

Do you see what it says? we establish “””THE LAW”””, not “A” law.

Here is how you fulfill the law.

Rom 13:10   Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore “”love”” is the fulfilling of the law.  

Georg

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account