Fully God, Fully Man

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 394 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Tim2 @ April 11 2007,09:32)
    Hi Nick,

All the persons of the trinity mutually indwell each other.

Tim

Hi Tim2,
    So the Word was not in Christ?

WhatIsTrue
    Participant

Nick and Tim2,

Could you possibly find a more appropriate thread for this argument?  It seems a little off topic here.  :cool:

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WIT,
    Tim2 tells us that God was the Word and the Word was in Christ but then he seems unsure if God was a trinity in Christ or as Christ. We are trying to untangle this unsavoury web of deception and give him the freedom he craves.

Tim2
    Participant

Nick,

I typed, “The Word was in Christ,” and then I said it was a mistake, and corrected myself, saying, “The Word is Christ.” Please show me some respect and just accept that this is my position, the Word is Christ.

Tim

chosenone
    Participant

Quote (Tim2 @ April 11 2007,10:27)
    Nick,

I typed, “The Word was in Christ,” and then I said it was a mistake, and corrected myself, saying, “The Word is Christ.”  Please show me some respect and just accept that this is my position, the Word is Christ.

Tim

I believe when scripture says “The word was God”, means that Gods' word, the revelation of Himself, was Jesus. It was Gods' means of conveying His word to mankind through His Son. He has done it previously in the Old Testament through Moses. We didn't say Moses was God because His word was transmitted through him, did we?
    The trinity is false teaching.

Blessings.

chosenone
    Participant

Quote (chosenone @ April 11 2007,13:02)

Quote (Tim2 @ April 11 2007,10:27)
    Nick,

I typed, “The Word was in Christ,” and then I said it was a mistake, and corrected myself, saying, “The Word is Christ.”  Please show me some respect and just accept that this is my position, the Word is Christ.

Tim

I believe when scripture says “The word was God”, means that Gods' word, the revelation of Himself, was Jesus.  It was Gods' means of conveying His word to mankind through His Son.  He has done it previously in the Old Testament through Moses.  We didn't say Moses was God because His word was transmitted through him, did we?
        The trinity is false teaching.

Blessings.

In Hebrews,1:1, By many portions and many modes, of old, God, speaking to the fathers in the prophets, in the last of these days speaks to us in a Son, Whom He appoints enjoyer of the allotment of all, through Whom He also makes the eons:…(Concordant Version)
    This is an addition to my previous posting. I believe it clearly states that God is using His Son to be the messanger of His Word in “the last of these days”, as He previously used the prophets. To use this scripture as proof of the 'trinity' theory is an error.

Blessings.

Tim2
    Participant

Chosenone,

Can you explain, “when scripture says “The word was God”, means that Gods' word, the revelation of Himself, was Jesus.”

So you believe: The Word was/is the Son/Jesus. And although the Word was God, the Son/Jesus was not God. (?)

Tim

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tim 2,
    If Jesus was a man and fully God then can all men follow him and become fully God too?

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ April 11 2007,12:37)

Quote (t8 @ April 10 2007,17:22)
    Fully God, Fully Man.

Hmmmmm

That makes him 100% of either, i.e., a 200% being.

But God is not a man and we know that the Father is greater than the son.

So if Jesus is God and Man and the Father is God only, then Christ is in one sense greater than his Father. Of course scripture doesn't teach this and therefore such conclusions are in the realm of mens heads.

:blues:

t8

Easy to make a statement like that without showing me where my interpretation of the scriptures I present are wrong.

But of course that is you way.

:blues:

100% God & 100% man is the realm of speculation, not scripture. So I used logic against your speculation, not against scripture.

Proclaimer
    Participant

To Tim2.

Quote (Tim2 @ April 12 2007,04:32)
    Hi Nick,

All the persons of the trinity mutually indwell each other.

Tim

Prove it. Show me a scripture that says this.

Tim2
    Participant

Hi t8,

John 10:38 shows that the Father and the Son mutually indwell each other.

It doesn't explicitly say this for the Spirit, so go ahead and celebrate, but it's a reasonable inference that Christians have made for 2000 years.

Tim

Not3in1
    Participant

Tim2, I'm confused then. If God is three persons in One God – why do they not ALL indwell each other? Shouldn't that be a pre-req for belonging to the trio (mutual indwelling?) Please explain.

I wouldn't base a belief that either saves you or sends you to hell on INFERENCE!

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 11 2007,08:12)
    Hi W,
    If you knew God and His Spirit you would not ask.

NH

That is the question isnt it?

Do you know that God lives inside of you?

Or does he?

???

Tim2
    Participant

Hi Not3in1,

I believe they all do indwell each other. This follows from the logic that God is not divided. Since God is each of them, His substance is fully shared equally among them without division. But in any event, I think it's safe to infer, that since the Father and the Son mutually indwell each other, and the Spirit is also God, that three are always present in each other.

Tim

Quote (WhatIsTrue @ April 11 2007,09:43)
    WorshippingJesus,

I very much appreciate your effort to respond to my original post so completely.  You are the first person to actually do so of the few who have tried.

Obviously, I disagree with you, and much of your post.  I could give you some quick off the cuff reasons as to why, but that would be a disservice to both of us.  Instead, I will take the time to respond to your two part post as completely as possible.  Hopefully, I will have something up on the board in the next couple of days.

In the meantime, I just wanted to let you know that I have read your two part post, and was pleasantly surprised by your attempt to actually answer the questions that I posed.

Great effort!  :)

WIT

Thanks. I take that as a compliment. I look forward to your post. However as I said, I am sure you wont change my mind and I doubt I will change yours.

But it will be entertaining.  :)

Proclaimer
    Participant

To WorhsippingJesus.

Quote (Tim2 @ April 12 2007,10:55)
    Hi t8,

It doesn't explicitly say this for the Spirit, so go ahead and celebrate, but it's a reasonable inference that Christians have made for 2000 years.

Tim

OK I am celebrating and I invite you to celebrate too.

It also says that we can be one with each other and with the Father and the Son.

John 17:21
    that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me.

So do we have a new Trinity, the Father, Son, Church; because we are one?

No it simply means that there is one God who is in his son and his son in him and in spirit we can be one too with each other and one with God and his son. Surely God can be in his people and is in his people. Does God live in you? Are you in God? If yes, are you God?

The point here is that God, the son, and the Church are different identities even though we can all be one in spirit.

Being one was never meant to be taken as being the same being. But Trinitarians desperate for scriptures to back up their stance have taken this teaching and twisted it to suit.

2 Timothy 4:3
    For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Hi Tim2.

Quote (Tim2 @ April 12 2007,11:51)
    Hi Not3in1,

I believe they all do indwell each other. This follows from the logic that God is not divided. Since God is each of them, His substance is fully shared equally among them without division. But in any event, I think it's safe to infer, that since the Father and the Son mutually indwell each other, and the Spirit is also God, that three are always present in each other.

Tim

The big problem with your hypothesis is that we are invited to be one with God and the son. We will also partake of divine nature.

Does God dwell in you? Are you in God? Will you partake of divine nature?

If the answer is yes, you need to change your theology because you have a serious contradiction to contend with.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Tim2 @ April 11 2007,15:55)
    Hi t8,

Tim

Hi tim2,
    Thank you for your honesty.
    So there are many things inferred about the Spirit of God in an attempt to bolster the decision that God is a trinity?

Tim2
    Participant

Hi t8,

Christ's claim to be one with the Father was understood to mean that He is God by everyone who heard Him. John 10:33. The church, however, is nowhere told that it is God, so I do not believe that. Jesus sets his unity with the Father as the ideal for the church to attain, and this is reflected in the church becoming one spirit with Him, just as the image of God is the marriage, one flesh, of male and female. Paul himself confesses, “this mystery is great.” Ephesians 5:32.

Tim

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tim2,
    What happened in the garden of Gethsemene. Was God arguing with Himself?

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 394 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account