Fully God, Fully Man

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 321 through 340 (of 394 total)
  • Author

Quote (t8 @ May 31 2007,16:46)
    To WJ.

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ June 01 2007,11:25)
    t8

So Jesus is not the “Express image of the invisible God” or the “exact representation of his substance”?

But he like us just shares the nature of God?

Jesus is a divine being. He has God's nature, but for a time he partook of human nature.

He has God's nature.
    We can partake of this same nature.

He is the image of God.
    We are made in the image of God.

He is the son.
    We are sons.

He is our brother
    We are his brothers.

He isn't the Most High God.
    We are not the Most High God.

1 John 3:2
    Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when he appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is.

t8

There is only “One” divine being!

Jesus does not “have” the nature of God!

He is the “Express image of the invisible God” or the “exact representation of his substance”!

We “share”  his divine nature and likeness.

But we do not share his divine being! Neither are we nor shall we ever be the exact representation of his substance!

Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when he appears, we shall be *like him*, for we shall see him as he is.

Tell me t8, are we to be like God or like a glorified man?

???

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    Of course the purpose here of the one who was meek and humble was not to elevate himself and demonstrate his own glory and powers but he came as a weak and vulnerable man so that in his weakness the strength and power of God in him might be shown to men. God's power shows up best in weak people and in him was the fullness of deity.

Colossians 1:19
    For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;
    Jn3
    27John answered and said, A man can receive nothing, except it be given him from heaven.

28Ye yourselves bear me witness, that I said, I am not the Christ, but that I am sent before him.

29He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom's voice: this my joy therefore is fulfilled.

30He must increase, but I must decrease.

31He that cometh from above is above all: he that is of the earth is earthly, and speaketh of the earth: he that cometh from heaven is above all.

32And what he hath seen and heard, that he testifieth; and no man receiveth his testimony.

33He that hath received his testimony hath set to his seal that God is true.

34For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him.

35The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand.

olive
    Participant

Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when he appears, we shall be *like him*, for we shall see him as he is.

WJ,

We do see things different, in the passage cited above, I take this as his coming and gathering his flock.

And again the question that you generate, makes no sense to the passage that is cited.

Please stop w/ the confusion and rightly divide scriptures.

If you want to be a 'god', then you are following in the footsteps of man, they strive for it every day.

If you want to be his servant, then boldly step up to the throne.

What your words speak to me is that salvation is unattainable. I know this not to be true.

Christ is the fullness of Yahweh, not Yahweh himself.

Turn your foot straight, my friend. Walk his path.

Quote (olive @ June 02 2007,04:46)

WJ,

We do see things different, in the passage cited above, I take this as his coming and gathering his flock.

And again the question that you generate, makes no sense to the passage that is cited.

Please stop w/ the confusion and rightly divide scriptures.

If you want to be a 'god', then you are following in the footsteps of man, they strive for it every day.

If you want to be his servant, then boldly step up to the throne.

What your words speak to me is that salvation is unattainable. I know this not to be true.

Christ is the fullness of Yahweh, not Yahweh himself.

Turn your foot straight, my friend. Walk his path.

Olive

My question is a valid one!

Since t8 believes Yeshua is just a man that has all of Gods power.

And because there are many passages that speak of Gods people being like God and like Christ with no distinction or difference. Which one is it?

Does the Father want man to take on the image of another glorified man or his Image?

Now because you have a little understanding of the scripitures and because you are an unbeliever in the Lord “YHWY” from heaven does not mean you have a corner on all truth.

You say…

If you want to be a 'god', then you are following in the footsteps of man, they strive for it every day. If you want to be his servant, then boldly step up to the throne.

You making this statement toward me for asking a simple question seems you are the one playing god.

Shall I step up to your throne?

I suggest that before you rebuke me about a topic or a scripture and put your finger in my eye that you should come down off the high horse you are on and meet me face to face with scripture on any subject you like!

:)

olive
    Participant

Truly Wj,

It must be:

Love the way the spirit works, Praise YAH !!!

I have a subject, came to me this evening and you were the one I wanted to discuss it with, imagine that.

Truth and Spirit…………..

This subject okay with you. Let me know……….

blessings

Quote (olive @ June 02 2007,16:56)
    Truly Wj,

It must be:

Love the way the spirit works, Praise YAH !!!

I have a subject, came to me this evening and you were the one I wanted to discuss it with, imagine that.

Truth and Spirit…………..

This subject okay with you. Let me know……….

blessings

olive

Absolutely!

Start a new thread if you like!!!

Blessings! :)

olive
    Participant

Wonderful Wj,

Now you must understand, the thought came, so I have a starting point…….father willing I am spending the weekend w/ my family and friends…sabbath and all that……so it could be a bit before I post.

I am so excited Wj, can't wait to see what fruit comes out of this.

I do know the passage that comes to mind is John 4

blessings

Quote (olive @ June 02 2007,17:54)
    Wonderful Wj,

Now you must understand, the thought came, so I have a starting point…….father willing I am spending the weekend w/ my family and friends…sabbath and all that……so it could be a bit before I post.

I am so excited Wj, can't wait to see what fruit comes out of this.

I do know the passage that comes to mind is John 4

blessings

Olive

Have a nice trip!

:)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    The Spirit of God transformed Christ from the Jordan into a man of wisdom and power .
    The same Spirit of Christ was sent to fill his body of believers on earth.
    God is all in all.

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 02 2007,22:44)
    Hi W,
    The Spirit of God transformed Christ from the Jordan into a man of wisdom and power .
    The same Spirit of Christ was sent to fill his body of believers on earth.
    God is all in all.

Nh

Where is this written that Christ was “Transformed” into a man of wsdom and power?

Making inferrences again?

???

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    You must be one of the few that does not yet know how God anointed the man Jesus Christ filling him with the Spirit in the Jordan and then he went about doing good in the power of that anointing and authority of his and our God.

chosenone
    Participant

1 CORINTHIANS 8:6

Yes, to us there is one God, and one God only, the Father, out of Whom all is. This One is quite separate and distinct from the Lord Jesus Christ, though, of course, there is a close relationship between them. The One is the Father, the other is the Son. The One is Supreme, the other is termed Sovereign (Col.1:18). But let us note this; the Lord Jesus Christ is Sovereign only because God, the Supreme One, has made Him so. Peter explained this to Israel when he stated most emphatically, as recorded in Acts 2:36, “Let all the house of Israel know certainly, then, that God makes Him Lord as well as Christ—this Jesus Whom you crucify.” Paul also tells us this (in Phil.2:9), “wherefore, also, God highly exalts Him, and graces Him with the name that is above every name, that in the name of Jesus every knee should be bowing, celestial and terrestrial and subterranean, and every tongue should be acclaiming that Jesus Christ is Lord, for the glory of God, the Father.”

What room is there here for the conception of the Trinity— three gods in one and one three, and all co-eternal and co-equal? (In none of the passages we have quoted is God’s holy Spirit even mentioned.)

The doctrine of the Trinity, as generally understood, is a most pernicious one, and is yet another attempt by the Adversary to undermine the deity of God. The words Father and Son lose their meaning if the Father does not precede the Son, and if the Father is not greater than the Son. Jesus Himself said, “The Father is greater than I” (John 14:28), and spoke of the Father as His God (John 20:17).

It is surprising how widespread this undermining doctrine has become, and how many believers it has deceived. We get into real difficulties whenever we use terms that are not in the Scriptures to describe scriptural matters. “Trinity” is a term invented by theologians; it has its origin in their creeds and finds expression in their hymns. We should be very wary of using terms which are unscriptural, and even more wary of building doctrines upon them. It is true that there is a Father and there is a Son and there is a holy Spirit, but they are not three Beings in one, still less are they one in three.

The Father is God in absolute right; He was, is, and always will be, the Supreme. As such, He is entitled to the worship and adoration and affection of all.

The Son is God in a relative sense only. He is “the only-begotten God” (John 1:18). As the Original of God’s creation (Rev.3:14), the Firstborn of every creature (Col.1:15), He appeared before creation “in the form of God” (Phil.2:6) so that He might reveal to creation the God Whose true Image He is. But invariably the Son is pointing to the Father, and directing that glory be given to Him. It is the Father, Who (subsequent to obedience of His Son on the cross) ordains that acclamation be given to Christ, when He highly exalts Him, and gives Him a name which is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow. It is clearly stated that this acclamation is “for the glory of God, the Father.”

Blessings

Tim2
    Participant

The Son is God in a relative sense only.

So John 1:1 should read, “and Theos was the Word in a relative sense only”?

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (chosenone @ June 03 2007,17:09)
    The Son is God in a relative sense only.

Relative = person connected with another by blood or marriage.

It is difficult for intellectual minds to grasp that Jesus is indeed the only literal Son of God; that is, he is connected to God because he is formed by God's imperishable seed.

Warning Tim2 – the below is rated “Mature.” :)

Are you aware that during conception, the sperm is the organism by which the blood of the child is derived? The female nourishes the baby through the placenta only. In this way, the virgin conception of the Son of God is pure (life is in the blood, so they say). This is also why our dear Lord was able to be counted “born of a women under law” and not guilty of that same law.

Not3in1
    Participant

I'm razzing Tim2 because he doesn't like to think of God as a “true” Father in the sense that he “contributed” what was needed (sperm) to conceive his own son. Just some clarification there. I'm not trying to be mean spirited – just teasing. It's typically not in my character to be so sarcastic – I guess I've picked it up here, where sarcastic comments fly right and left! :)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    Of course the baby derives existence also from the genes of the woman.
    Body, flesh and blood enlivened by the breath of God.
    Christ was conceived in Mary.
    He is truly son of Man.

lamontre
    Participant

Can one be fully God, or fully have the nature of God, and yet be ignorant, (Mark 13:32)?

Mar 13:32 But of that day or that hour knoweth no one, not even the angels in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.

Ignorant? I think you are a very arrogant poster, first of all, which is strike one against your particular Jesus.

Strike 2:

Phi 2:5 For think this within you, which mind was also in Christ Jesus,
    Phi 2:6 who subsisting in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God,
    Phi 2:7 but emptied Himself, taking the form of a slave, having become in the likeness of men
    Phi 2:8 and being found in fashion as a man, He humbled Himself, having become obedient until death, even the death of a cross.

Your interpretation of that scripture should prove interesting.

Can one be fully God, or fully have the nature of God, and yet be powerless, (John 5:30)?

Joh 5:30 I am able to do nothing from Myself; just as I hear, I judge; and My judgment is just, for I do not seek My will, but the will of the One sending Me, the Father.

Phi 2:6 who subsisting in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God,
    Phi 2:7 but emptied Himself, taking the form of a slave, having become in the likeness of men
    Phi 2:8 and being found in fashion as a man, He humbled Himself,<—something I am sure you know little about) having become obedient until death, even the death of a cross.

Heb 4:15 For we do not have a high priest not being able to sympathize with our weaknesses but One having been tried in all respects according to our likeness, apart from sin.

Rom 8:3 For the Law being powerless, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and concerning sin, condemned sin in the flesh,

It's nightmarish for you I am sure….

Can one be fully God, or fully have the nature of God, and yet lack wisdom, (Luke 2:52)?

Luk 2:52 And Jesus progressed in wisdom and stature and favor before God and men.

Phi 2:8 and being found in fashion as a man, He humbled Himself,<—something I am sure you know little about) having become obedient until death, even the death of a cross.

Rev 1:14 His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;
    Rev 1:15 And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.
    Rev 1:16 And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.
    Rev 1:17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last: (see Isa 41:4)
    Rev 1:18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

Lets hear your interpretation? When did the first and the last ever die in your opinion???

I think thats strike 3….but lets allow you a few more trys.

Can one be fully God, or fully have the nature of God, and yet need perfecting, (Hebrews 5:9)?

Heb 5:9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

Joh 8:58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.
    Joh 8:59 Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.

I bet you would have joined them in gathering stones to throw wouldn't you??

Can one be fully God, or fully have the nature of God, and yet die, (Revelations 2:8)?

You need to answer that one. The scriptures either make Jesus a liar, and a possible lunatics, or he is the first and the last who died, and is alive forever more. I know, you don't like that, and that says allot about who you have placed your faith in. You have placed your faith in a false god….a false Jesus. You believe another gospel, which was never given to the saints.

Not3in1
    Participant

LM,
    Who are you quoting?

lamontre
    Participant

Um, that's from the OP……

Not3in1
    Participant

Sorry, the OP? What is that?

Viewing 20 posts - 321 through 340 (of 394 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account