Free Will?

Viewing 20 posts - 621 through 640 (of 3,826 total)
  • Author
    chosenone
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Sep. 15 2008,05:51)
    Hi Chosenone and Gene:

On what basis did God choose you over someone else?

Hi 942767.
    Only God knows whom He has chosen first, all will be saved at the consummation. See 1Cor.15:24-28.

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    All who remain?

TimothyVI
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 16 2008,08:30)
    Hi not3,
    God is not a God of confusion so trust him and not your understanding.

Hi Nick,
    Then what was the purpose of the story about the tower of Babel?

(Gen. 11:8-9) – “So the Lord scattered them abroad from there over the face of the whole earth; and they stopped building the city. 9Therefore its name was called Babel, because there the Lord confused the language of the whole earth; and from there the Lord scattered them abroad over the face of the whole earth.”

The outcome was they stopped building the city.
    The purpose was to confuse the language.

That is the main reason there is so much confusion over the scriptures now. If He really wanted for mankind to read and understand His word, this was a strange way to do it.

Tim

TimothyVI
    Participant

I should have included Gen 11:7 where God siad that He was going to go down and confuse their speech.

Genesis 11:7-9
    Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech….. Therefore is the name of it called Babel; because the LORD did there confound the language of all the earth:

Tim

Tiffany
    Participant

Quote (chosenone @ Sep. 17 2008,16:38)

Hi Chosenone and Gene:

Hi 942767.
         Only God knows whom He has chosen first,  all will be saved at the consummation.  See 1Cor.15:24-28.

Blessings.

chosenone what are you saying that all will be saved? There are millions that will go with Antichrist, and Satan after they have known nothing but God's Truth taught by Jesus in the Millenium. After that Satan will be loosed and will deceive many.
    The scripture that you are quoting is for those that have made it and are the Sons of God. Not all will be saved. Only those that have endured until the end. Then God will be all in all. 1 Corimth. 15:28
    Peace and Love Irene

chosenone
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 17 2008,16:47)
    Hi CO,
    All who remain?

1Cor.15:28 …that God may be All in all.

“all” means all, look in the dictionary.

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,

Does ALL not need context to be defined?

chosenone
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 18 2008,06:22)
    Hi CO,

Does ALL not need context to be defined?

Yes, see 1Cor.15:20-28.

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    1Cor 15
    “20But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.

21For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.

22For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. “

CONTEXT
    All are not in Christ

” 23But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.”

CONTEXT
    Fisrt resurrection above.
    Then the second resurrection, judgement and the removal of the sinful dross in the lake of fire.

” 24Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

25For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.

26The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

27For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.

28And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all. ”

CONTEXT
    Indeed ALL that is left will be of Christ and of His God.

chosenone
    Participant

Nick.
        22For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. “

CONTEXT
    All are not in Christ

So were all in Adam?  In context, use ALL the words, not just the one you make an example of!  All were in Adam, so use the second part of this sentence in the same context.  Simple.

23But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.”

CONTEXT
    Fisrt resurrection above.
    Then the second resurrection, judgement and the removal of the sinful dross in the lake of fire.

You added to the scripture, use the original!

24Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

25For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.

26The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

27For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.

28And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all. ”

CONTEXT
    Indeed ALL that is left will be of Christ and of His God.

Talk about context, where do you get this last sentence?  Where doses it say 'all that is left'?   Shame on you…adding to scripture.

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    All in Christ will be made alive.
    But all are not in Christ.
    So not all will be made alive then.

Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Sep. 17 2008,04:33)
    The Commandments indeed DO stimulate us towards sin.  See the above scriptures.  What do you think?

Mandy

No Mandy:

I already showed you that the Apostle Paul in Chapter 7 was talking about his life under the Law of Moses. But no, the law does not stimulate you to sin. By the law is knowledge of sin. Paul was indicating that by the law we know that all of humanity has sinned.

Why in the world would God give the Nation of Israel the Ten Commandments to stimulate them to sin? That doesn't make any sense at all. It was given to them so that they would know that they had sinned and needed to repent.

Anyway, we are not under the Law, but if we are born again Christians, we have the Holy Spirit to help us not to sin, and to convict us when we sin so that we can repent.

God Bless

Participant

Hi Chosenone and Gene:

Hi 942767.
         Only God knows whom He has chosen first,  all will be saved at the consummation.  See 1Cor.15:24-28.

Blessings.

Sorry CO, I don't get it.

What about the following scripture which is central to Christianity:

Jhn 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Does this mean that everyone will believe? This scripture indicates that everlasting life is conditional upon “whosoever believeth in him”.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    Universalism is not christianity.
    It is a philosophy

chosenone
    Participant

Hi 942767.
    Ro.14:11 … for it is written: Living am I, the Lord is saying, For to Me shall bow every knee, And every tongue shall be acclaiming God!

Nick.
    1Tim.4:9 …10 (for for this are we toiling and being reproached), that we rely on the living God, Who is the Saviour of all mankind,

Scripture is truth.

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    Can all mankind turn to any other saviour?
    Indeed every knee shall bow eventually but bowing the knee saves nobody.

Not3in1
    Participant

Romans 7:8
    But sin, seizing the opportunity afforded by the commandment, produced in me every kind of covetous desire. For apart from law, sin is dead.

I understand we are not under the Law. My point was that the Commandments did indeed stimulate desires for what was to be avoided. And isn't that curious?

Though most Christians believe we are not under the Law but we are freed from those lists of regulations…….our human natures are still bound to sin. This is why Paul said (and he was speaking as one not under the Law anymore), that the very thing he didn't want to do – that he did!!! We are no better than Paul, I'm afraid.

Thanks,
    Mandy

chosenone
    Participant

Nick.
    You miss the point in this scripture by your inability to understand Gods' plan for mankind. God is All in Christ now. He will be All in His saints when we are made alive. He will be All in all when death is abolished, at the consummation. What a marvelous outcome of God's purpose! What a Christ we have, Who can accomplish such a complete reconciliation! The Corinthians denied the resurrection of any: Paul insists on the vivification of all. This fulfills Gods pupose as He explained Himself in Isaiah 46:10-11 …Saying “All” My counsel shall be confirmed, And all My desire will I do.
    What a statement from Almighty God Himself. Yet confirming unbelievers of this statement, He says in Ro.11:32 …For God locks up all together in stubbornness, that He should be merciful to all. Nick???

Blessings, Jerry.

PS. God says, “ALL MY DESIRE I WILL DO” Nick says, “No He can't”.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (chosenone @ Sep. 19 2008,06:18)
    Nick.
        You miss the point in this scripture by your inability to understand Gods' plan for mankind.   God is All in Christ now. He will be All in His saints when we are made alive. He will be All in all when death is abolished, at the consummation. What a marvelous outcome of God's purpose! What a Christ we have, Who can accomplish such a complete reconciliation! The Corinthians denied the resurrection of any: Paul insists on the vivification of all.   This fulfills Gods pupose as He explained Himself in Isaiah 46:10-11 …Saying “All” My counsel shall be confirmed, And all My desire will I do.
        What a statement from Almighty God Himself.  Yet confirming unbelievers of this statement, He says in Ro.11:32 …For God locks up all together in stubbornness, that He should be merciful to all.  Nick???

Blessings,  Jerry.

PS.  God says, “ALL MY DESIRE I WILL DO”  Nick says, “No He can't”.

Hi CO,
    God is in heaven.
    He is in Christ and Christ is in him.
    His elect are in Christ and are in Him.

However the goats, the dross are destined for the second death which is the lake of fire. The lake of fire does not destroy itself.

Tiffany
    Participant

Quote (Tiffany @ Sep. 18 2008,02:34)

Hi Chosenone and Gene:

Hi 942767.

Blessings.

chosenone what are you saying that all will be saved? There are millions that will go with Antichrist, and Satan after they have known nothing but God's Truth taught by Jesus in the Millenium. After that Satan will be loosed and will deceive many.
    The scripture that you are quoting is for those that have made it and are the Sons of God. Not all will be saved. Only those that have endured until the end. Then God will be all in all. 1 Corimth. 15:28
    Peace and Love Irene

You did not anwered my question!
    Irene

Viewing 20 posts - 621 through 640 (of 3,826 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account