For the few remaining churches that preach salvati

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 89 total)
  • Author
    Christian Biker
    Participant

For The Few Remaining Churches That Preach Salvation

I understand that many or most in here are against going to church but I directly owe my salvation to an independent fundamental church and chances are that directly or indirectly you do to. From about 2000 years ago until a decade or so ago the local (soul winning) church was the only place promoting salvation. And in most regions these soul winning churches were and still are greatly numbered by churches of the dead and the damned which preached false doctrine rather than salvation. We have not always had the Internet, telephone, TV, radio, motorized ships, cars, trains, and planes. The transportation and communications industries have made it easier to get the truth out. But unfortunately they have also made it easier to spread deceit.

Were it not for churches that have carried on the traditions of teaching and preaching salvation for the last 2000 or so years you would likely not be saved today (if you are). Now you do not have to be a member of a church to get saved. You do not have to be in a church to get saved. You don’t even need to be any near church to get saved. I accepted Christ in my own bed in the middle of the night with no-one else around. But when I first spoke to Jesus that night, I had a salvation tract in my hand from a local Bible believing salvation preaching church! And I’ll bet you anything that however you got saved (if you are) the path can be traced back to a local Bible believing salvation preaching church. So please let’s not beat-up the hand full of churches that are still serving the Lord.

If you are a saved Christian than you know that leading others to Christ is the most important thing you can do. If we do not lead others to Christ, than Christianity dies with us. What a shame that would be for us all to have to explain to Jesus on that final day, sorry Lord this is all there is we didn’t invite anyone else. Look I’m not here to beat-up on anybody but as Christians we are not supposed to fit in with the secular world. We are supposed to be looked at differently because we are different (Amen; and aren’t you glad that you are different). Hey nobody said life as a Christian was going to be easy. If someone told you that you’d land a great job, get a new car, and a big house, and everything was going to be peaches and cream than you got lied to friend. Hey try sending Benny Hinn or some other televangelist a thousand dollars to pray for you and see how that works for you.

Now I’d like to know if all of us who are saved can agree that leading others to Christ is more important than what version of scripture they are going to read once they are saved. (Can I get an amen if we agree?)
    I also believe that reading the Bible, meditating on the Word, and praying to God daily is the best way to have a good relationship with Lord. Oh and I know I’m going to lose ya on this one but going to a good church and hearing a man who reflects the light of Christ well will convict you. And the reason why most of ya are here is because you’ve been to crappy churches where there is no presence of God and in many cases don’t even use the scripture in the message that they deliver. And those who have been to a church where the presence of God is there you got convicted by the Spirit of the God and didn’t want to make whatever sacrifice it was that God was moving you to make. I’m sorry folks but when God moves you to do something you better do it. (and all Gods people said). Whatever it is that God is asking you to change your life he’s going to change it for you. All you have to do is let him! I don’t know what happened when you got saved but when I got saved I told God that I would be his servant, his solder, whatever he wanted me to be. And I try to remember this every day and I read Romans 12:1, 2 every day. I’m not trying to boast here but inspire. I do these things because I want God to make me what he wants me to be.

In John 21:18, 19 it speaks of dying to this world and Coming alive in the body of Christ. If you are alive in the body of Christ you should want the light of Christ to reflect off of you for all to see.
    Ephesians 4:11-17
    And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
    For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
    Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
    That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
    But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:
    From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.
    This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind,
    Ephesians 4:29,30
    Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.
    And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

You can be against churches if you want to but I assure you that the few remaining salvation preaching churches are the driving force (by the power of Christ) behind leading others to Christ.

In the name of Jesus Christ I pray that all who read this understand that it is my love for Christ and desire to serve him that has driven me to write this post.

Christian Biker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CB,
    Have you been reborn of water and the Spirit or just ACCEPTED CHRIST?
    Is ACCEPTING CHRIST shown in the bible as the way of salvation?

Christian Biker
    Participant

Hi Nick
    How did you receive salvation, if you have?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CB,
    By following the way shown in Jn3 and Acts.
    We need the three witnesses that Jesus had shown in 1Jn 5.8-Spirit , water and blood.

Mere acknowlegement that Jesus is Lord does not make him your Lord.
    Obedience does.

Christian Biker
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 29 2009,13:32)
    Hi CB,
    By following the way shown in Jn3 and Acts.
    We need the three witnesses that Jesus had shown in 1Jn 5.8-Spirit , water and blood.

Mere acknowlegement that Jesus is Lord does not make him your Lord.
    Obedience does.

That’s a rather vague answer. How can I be sure that when I die I will immediately go to Heaven?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CB,
    Where does scripture say men go to heaven?
    Forget your traditions and read scripture letting it teach you and confirm itself.

Christian Biker
    Participant

OK Nick
    Do you believe in salvation? If so what is it and how does someone get it?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CB,
    Listen to Jesus Jn3, Peter at Pentecost Acts 2 and Paul in Athens Acts 17.

Christian Biker
    Participant

Matthew 18:3
    And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CB,
    Indeed seek ye first the kingdom.
    The door is Jesus Christ and we must repent and seek baptism into him.

KangarooJack
    Participant

CB,
    Nick is anti-church and I don't think he truly understands the way of salvation. He holds to a works salvation belief.

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    The church is the body of Christ to which I am joined.
    I am not against myself but all these competing denominations are not of Jesus are they?

Or are some Kosher and others not- do we have to join with them as well?

Christian Biker
    Participant

Hi Nick
    I would love to hear (or read) your salvation testimony.
    Also I think you should be aware that many churches and people put on the cloak of Christianity, this does not make them Christians. We can all put on lab coats and call ourselves doctors but only those who earned a doctorate degree are doctors. The fact that most people that call themselves Christians have no relationship with God, have not had the spirit awakened within them, and have not truly accepted Jesus Christ as their savior.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CB,
    I have given my testimony on this site in the testimony section?

Sooner or later people should realise that what was said and taught by Jesus when his church was established has not changed.

Men have changed.]

They have developed thier own theories and stopped listening to scripture.
    They no longer seek the grace and blessing promised to all whom God calls in Acts 2.39

Will Jesus know them?

Christian Biker
    Participant

So Nick
    What led you to salvation?
    Did you just happen upon a bible and read it?
    Did someone talk to you and show you the way?
    What happened that let you know that you had salvation?

Participant

Quote (Christian Biker @ July 01 2009,11:42)
    Hi Nick
    I would love to hear (or read) your salvation testimony.
    Also I think you should be aware that many churches and people put on the cloak of Christianity, this does not make them Christians. We can all put on lab coats and call ourselves doctors but only those who earned a doctorate degree are doctors. The fact that most people that call themselves Christians have no relationship with God, have not had the spirit awakened within them, and have not truly accepted Jesus Christ as their savior.

Amen C.B., I was one of those(supposed Christians) who was brought up in the Catholic church, married in the Assembly of God church, and a member of a Southern Baptist church, but I did not have a personal relationship with God, until I turned to Him in a moment of crisis, and He heard my cry.

And so, I am praying for those who are in the church but do not have a personal relationship with God, that God do every thing to save their souls.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Cindy
    Participant

Christian Biker! Most Churches now belief in the trinity, you will not find that in your Bible. Either that or the Jewish Faith. And we know that they don't think that Jesus has come yet. So we, my Husband and I stay home too. We belong to Christ and His Church is Spiritual. We worship in Spirit and in Truth. God called us out of the Catholic Church into the W.W.Church of God. They however went back believing in the trinity. That was 15 years ago. Since then God has revealed new truths to us. We learn daily. One day we will be with Christ, hopefully in the Millenium.
    Peace and Love Irene

Proclaimer
    Participant

Hi Christian Biker.

Regarding denominations, I am not a fan of them because they create unnecessary division. It is also a bad witness to an unbeleiving world when there are so many divisions. Jesus said that the world would beleive that Jesus was sent by God when we become one.

Your point about most of us being saved in adenomination is not really that valid when you consider that the body of Christ exists inside and outside demonimations. It is the body that reaches out to the world to help join people to Christ. Judging by the outward appearance might seem to validate denominations, but do we have eyes to see the body of Christ instead? Surely it is the body that Christ uses to reach out to the unsaved with his gospel.

It is true that some organisations preach to people in their own name however. This is one of the things that denominations can fall easily fall into. They become kingdoms unto themselves and people end up serving them more than God.

I personally am for the body of Christ and against anything that tries to divide the body in any way.

So it is not so much me being antidenominational, but pro the body of Christ. After all it is Christ´s body and if we don´t love the body, then how can we love the head of that body?

Christian Biker
    Participant

Hi Marty,
    Hi Irene,
    Thanks for responding.
    I know there is much debate in here about the trinity. In my opinion the term trinity is used to interconnect the three things that must BE in order to have salvation;
    1)There must BE a God or there is no creation
    2)There must BE the Spirit of God or Holy Ghost to communicate Gods will and hear prayer
    3)And there must BE Jesus Christ to awaken our spirit to allow communication with Gods Spirit
    I honestly don’t care if you want to view them as 3 separate entities or 1 entity but we have to have all 3 in order to have salvation. Be they combined 3 into 1 or 3 separate entities I believe that the 3 come together and form the Godhead. If you want to view the Godhead as 3 separate entities that is fine with me!

John 21:25
    And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.

If we can’t know all the things Jesus has done we certainly cannot know all the things of the Father and Spirit. It is far beyond our comprehension the thoughts, motives, and ways of God except that little that he has left in the written word.

Acts 17:29
    Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.

We forget it is by faith not physical. You will not find God by physical findings at archeological digs. You’ll not find God in your physical readings. You’ll only find God by faith

Romans 1:20
    For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

God has written his word on the inward parts of all men. Once your spirit has been awakened you can separate the lies from the truth by checking them against your heart. God can use a charlatan televangelist who is asking you to send in a thousand dollars to deliver a massage to you. He may mean it for evil but God means all things for good.

Colossians 2:9
    For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

There are three distinct pieces that we must have in order to have salvation: God, the Spirit of God, and Jesus Christ. Combined they form the Godhead. Whether they be together 1 entity or three separate entities they are the Godhead.

Christian Biker
    Participant

Hi T8
    I understand that the believers make up the body of the church.
    I still believe that God wants us to congregate and teach and preach and inspire one another.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 89 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account