First prophecy of the coming of christ

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    Maranatha
    Participant

I'm not real sure what to think about the “lost” books of the Bible….I know that some people say that they should have been left in, and others say that they mean nothing at all. It's interesting that in the Bible, Jude quotes a passage from the Book of Enoch, and then the book of Jasher was mentioned in the OT. So who knows whether they should be in there or not? I'm unsure, but to me, they are an interesting read.

I was reading the lost book of Adam and Eve….and came across this, which is quoted as being the very first prophecy of the coming of Christ, after Adam and Eve sinned in the Garden of Eden! Fascinating, whoever wrote it! Note verse 4-5 especially!

“Chapter XIV

The earliest prophesy of the coming of Christ.

1 Then Adam said to God: “O Lord, take You my soul, and let me not see this gloom any more; or remove me to some place where there is no darkness.”

2 But God the Lord said to Adam, “Indeed I say to you, this darkness will pass from you, every day I have determined for you, until the fulfillment of My covenant; when I will save you and bring you back again into the garden, into the house of light you long for, in which there is no darkness*. I will bring you to it — in the kingdom of heaven.”

3 Again said God to Adam, “All this misery that you have been made to take on yourself because of your transgression, will not free you from the hand of Satan, and will not save you.

4 But I will. When I shall come down from heaven, and shall become flesh of your descendants, and take on Myself the infirmity from which you suffer, then the darkness that covered you in this cave shall cover Me in the grave, when I am in the flesh of your descendants.

5 And I, who am without years, shall be subject to the reckoning of years, of times, of months, and of days, and I shall be reckoned as one of the sons of men, in order to save you.”

6 And God ceased to commune with Adam.

* Reference: John 12:46

Just wondered what everyone else thought about this…..

seekingtruth
    Participant

I have read many of the lost books and some appear to be off the wall but some seem quite sound. For what its worth I use these writings to gain more understanding of scripture, but never to override them.

My opinion – Wm

Maranatha
    Participant

Quote (seekingtruth @ Nov. 29 2009,15:53)
    I have read many of the lost books and some appear to be off the wall but some seem quite sound. For what its worth I use these writings to gain more understanding of scripture, but never to override them.

My opinion – Wm

Very true….I would never try to override them. I just thought it was so interesting to see the very first prophecy of Jesus dying for our sins.

terraricca
    Participant

hi Mara
    the first prophesie in the bible abode Jesus is Gen 3;15

mikeangel
    Participant

I bought a book a few weeks ago about books that were not included in the new testament. In reading it, I felt that many of them were someones view and they put a diciples name on it to give it credibility. Others spoke to my heart. I feel that the bible is what God wanted it to be “faithful and true”, but like the other gentleman said some of the others give me more understanding of the scriptures. Enoch definately “filled in the blanks” for me, especially where demons come from. Godbless

Tim Kraft
    Participant

To all: Could it be we are looking for something to come that has been here for 2k years?

This is the day of the Lord. The Kingdom is come, God’s will be done. The day of salvation is the day of Judgment! The reference to being saved is to be saved from sin and all the things that go along with sin. Therefore a judgment must take place. Will you be judged as a sinner or will you accept the truth from Jesus that says.. “ I have made you clean”…(John15:2) A person is either judged as a sinner or righteous in Christ. Right now the word of God(Jesus) has come from Heaven to earth to separate the wicked from the righteous. This word of God, Jesus, has descended from heaven with the trump of God and the voice of the arch-angel. As this word of God goes forth it burns away the chaff. It purifies the dross from the melting pots. This word of God is going forth to separate the goats from the sheep and the tares from the wheat to bind the tares in bundles and burn them. This word of God is cleansing the earth from evil. The evil will be burned up or smelted away or removed so that the purified will remain and shine like the sun! Does anyone hear the spirit? It’s the unclean, evil, wicked, sinners that are destroyed or removed by death! Sickness is just like fire to the human body. It eats away at the flesh, killing or distorting the cells causing weakness, pain, mental anguish, and physical suffering of all degree’s! This is the great and terrible day of the lord! Its a great day for those who believe they are sons of God and God’s word, Jesus, has cleansed them from all sin and made them righteous unto God. It is a day of destruction for any/all that believe they are evil or in sin or sin everyday or have a sin nature! Those that believe in their minds they are unworthy of Gods love or separated from God for any reason by believing they are adulterers, homosexuals, bad, evil, or have a sin nature and are deserving of death etc.! These will suffer their own judgment against themselves by what they believe. For to believe those things to be truth they must reject what Jesus said of them. They will bring their own judgment upon themselves by what they believe they deserve. Its your choice to believe the words of God through Jesus of sinless perfection or believe what religion tells you that you are a sinner and must face condemnation for the works you have done. If you are judged/condemned for the things you have done then Jesus is of no benefit to you. Accept the cleansing of Jesus by faith alone or reject his cleansing, remain in sin and prepare for death/destruction. The destruction comes like fire, consuming our bodies with cancers, all forms of sickness, and all forms of disease, pain and agony! Those that believe they are in sin or have sin also share in stress, anxiety, hate, anger, hostilities etc. that go along with sin! You are in charge of what you believe. Its your life or death choice. God says choose life!
    This is the final day of judgment that has come. The word of God is the final judgment. The word (Jesus) of God says you have been judged as perfect in Christ! The word says you are the righteousness of God in Christ! If you believe your righteousness in Christ, then your judgment has come! Judgment is by faith. God said it, that’s final! The great judgment is at hand and the eternal word of God (Jesus) has gone forth to judge the sinner or one that believes he is in sin. The same word offers salvation to one that believes God has made him righteous. Remember, the eternal word of God was, is now and forever will be. Gods word(Jesus)the will of God was sent forth into the earth to deliver you out of death/evil/sin. If you accept the gift you are delivered. If you reject the gift you are still doomed to sin & death. Out of the mouth of Jesus came his Fathers words like a two edged sword cutting away the chaff and leaving the wheat. His words were Holy Ghost fire, like a refiners fire to purify like fire and burn away any thoughts of wrong doing or sin. God’s word is purifying and God’s word will purify those who accept. Gods word (Jesus), has gone forth to cut away the chaff from the wheat and is separating the goats from the sheep and is making mankind perfect once and for all. This cleansing is for all that will believe. Those who continue to attempt to be clean through their good works, have denied their gift of perfection/salvation by faith. Those who continue the old testament beliefs of imperfection have rejected deliverance and condemned themselves to pain and suffering on Earth. Can you hear the Spirit call? Any man who believes in the wrath of God for himself, will receive what he believes. Life and death are set before you, now, you choose how you want to judge yourself, either perfect in Christ through believing what Jesus says or condemned to wrath and hellfire somehow for eternity! You are the ruler of your Kingdom, you are in charge of you. The choices of what to believe are yours alone. Jesus said, “judge not others, lest ye be judged, for by the same judgment you use for them, it will be measured back to you”! This is the great and terrible day of the Lord. Its great for those who believe in Gods blessing and its terrible for those who believe in wrath and hellfire. You get your choice of what you believe. God’s cleansing of the Earth is automatic. Those that believe in good, love, peace and all blessings from God will remain. Those who believe in wrath, hell and destruction will be destroyed by their own beliefs in cancers, sickness, diseases of all kinds and all fears of loss of life and destruction will come to them through their beliefs.
    There is therefore now, no condemnation in Love. Condemn no one, lest you be condemned. Did you hear? Don’t judge/condemn what people do as wrong in Gods eyes. If they are transgressing your personal space ask them kindly to correct the situation. You see, telling someone their wrong in God’s eyes, or that they are sinning to God, is totally different than telling them you don’t like something their doing to you. In other words don’t tell them they are sinning or doing wrong against God! That is not your right to judge. If you judge at all judge in righteous judgment. All are righteous in Christ. What they are doing may or may not be wrong in your eyes or your brother’s eyes but if you judge it wrong for him in God‘s eyes, then the judgment becomes yours personally. You rule (you) God’s Kingdom. You’re free to do and experience anything in and of yourself, but leave others alone to rule their own Kingdoms. Your freedom is their freedom. If you attempt to condemn others it will not affect them but it will affect you because you are condemning yourself. Actually with the freedom given in Christ, there are no rules or laws from God. So, if you take your power and set a rule or law for another person it doesn’t effect them, it establishes a rule for you where there was no rule, only freedom. For those of you who think that there will be a final, great white throne judgment day before God, and God will be the judge, know that, he will judge you by the same eternal word he gave to Jesus to give to all who would accept. You were cleansed, you are clean and you will be clean! Now, then, always, Heaven is home. You don’t try to get there, you live there. You are spirit, animating a soul and living in a physical body in the Earth. The essence of you is the eternal life force or Soul of God and you are experiencing life in physicality. There’s Heaven and Earth and when you leave your physical body, you are in Heaven. We have been made free from former man made garbage called religion. Rules. Rituals, buildings, laws, new moons, Sabbaths, feast days, sacrifices etc. do not exist in Christ. Where there is freedom, there is no law, where there are no rules, there are no laws and there can be no punishment! This is in relation to God, not this earthly physical world. Here, in the earth there are billi
    ons of rules, and laws. Gods spirit kingdom is peace, love, and joy in the holy spirit. No law needed! There is no judgment in Heaven there’s no good or evil to judge between, only good. As above so below! Come on, stretch your mind a little, if you really believe you are the offspring of God, the Source of all Existence you will investigate a little about who and what you really are and are capable of doing. Its recorded that Jesus used teleportation, transfiguration, walked through walls, through people, walked on water, created money in a fish, stilled the wind, opened blind eyes and many more supernatural evidences of his control of the physical world. If you are just finding out that you are a child of the creator of all, are you not interested what your family inheritance might be. Especially if you are the creator’s son. An unlimited creator wants for nothing!! “The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want…”! He just creates it himself!! Therefore, what could he possibly need? Give love to all, always. Give all people your same freedoms and gifts that God has given you and you will experience joy unspeakable. Bless all, TK

terraricca
    Participant

tk
    i do not know were you got some of the things you present ,but you should separate all those thoughts and put a scripture quote to it ,so we can see were you got it from

mikeangel
    Participant

TK.
     A quote from you-“Actually with the freedom given in Christ, there are no rules or laws from God”
        Like you said, no one can judge but god, and everyone has a right to have an opinion, but in my personal view and opinion this is not true. Jesus, my brother, God and friend rules. We who love him serve him and obey him. To love him is to follow his commands. We are not free to do as we wish. Even in a state of grace that comes from believeing in Jesus, I must follow Gods rules as best as I can. I pray that every day I get better at following his rules and laws. His will be done, not mine. Godbless.

Elizabeth
    Participant

mike

Yes, but you have a choice not to obey, do you not? When you look at the reward for obeying, do you not gladly obey? Is it not because God loved you first, and sent his son to die for you, that you want to love him back? I don't feel forced at all.

Georg

mikeangel
    Participant

I do not feel forced, and I want to do good also, but my sinful nature is always conflicting with it. For instance, a few days ago I was driving and this woman came from my right and ran a stop sign and almost t-boned me, I noticed she was on the phone texting. As much as I love God and should be forgiving, without a hesitation I screamed “YOU STUPID B…H!!!!”. I pray for patience but sometimes it just comes out. I have a hard time believing someone gets to a point where they can say they are good enough. If they are than Jesus said”If you want perfetion, go sell all you have, give it to the poor, and come and follow me” One day I might be ready for that but I have a few shortcomings to get rid of first. Godbless.

Elizabeth
    Participant

Mike

:D Don't feel bad, I think we all still do that from time to time.
    By the way, giving all your possessions away, will not make you perfect. It is not money that is evil, it is the love of money.

Jam 2:15 If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food,
    Jam 2:16 And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?

If you have wealth in excess, and ignore the need of you brother, that then could be a problem.

Georg

Tim Kraft
    Participant

IS THIS THE FINAL JUDGMENT DAY?
    Could it be that the day of salvation is the day of Judgment? He who has spiritual ears to hear let him hear! Right now the word of God(Jesus) has come from Heaven to earth to judge between the wicked and the righteous.(believers and unbelievers) This is the great and terrible day of the lord. Its great for those who believe God has cleansed them and made them righteous. Yet in the same day it is a day of wrath and destruction for any/all that believe they are in sin or sin everyday or have a sin nature! The wrath comes like fire, consuming our bodies with cancers, all forms of sickness, and all forms of disease, pain and agony! Those believing they are in sin or have sin also share in stress, anxiety, hate, anger, hostilities etc. that go along with sin!
    You are in charge of what you believe. Its your life or death choice. God says choose life!
    The final day of judgment that has come. The word of God sent to the earth is the final judgment. The word of God gave his life to take away the sin of the world. The word says you have been judged as perfect in Christ! The word says you are the righteousness of God in Christ! If you believe your righteousness in Christ, then your judgment has come! You are righteous!! Judgment is by faith. God said it, that’s final! The great judgment is at hand and the eternal word of God (Jesus) has gone forth to judge the sinner or one that believes he is in sin. The same word offers salvation to one that believes God has made him righteous. Remember, the eternal word of God was, is now and forever will be. Gods word(Jesus)the will of God was sent forth into the earth to judge mankind. Out of the mouth of Jesus came his Fathers words like a two edged sword cutting away the chaff and leaving the wheat. His words were Holy Ghost and fire, like a refiners fire to purify like fire and burn away any thoughts of wrong doing or sin. God’s word is purifying and God’s word will purify. Gods word (Jesus), has cut away the chaff from the wheat and is separating the goats from the sheep and is making mankind perfect once and for all.
    This cleansing is for all that will believe. God’s perfection is by faith as it was from the beginning.Those who continue to attempt to be clean through their good works have denied their fathers perfection/salvation by faith. Those who continue the old testament beliefs of imperfection have condemned themselves to pain and suffering on Earth. Can you hear the Spirit call? Any man who believes in the wrath of God will receive what he believes. Life and death are set before you, now, you choose how to judge yourself, either perfect in Christ through believing what Jesus says or condemned to wrath and hellfire for eternity like religion says. religion Jesus came to preach the Kingdom of God within.(Luke17:21). The Kingdom of God is come. You are the ruler of your Kingdom, you are in charge of you. Will you will allow God to rule through you into the earth or you will express what you choose to express. The word of God, Jesus is attempting to rule righteousness into the world through us. If we reject his words that we have been made righteous by him and tell the world we are sinners trying to be righteous then we are ruling our perception of truth to the world. Anything apart from his truth is un-truth. If Jesus says we are clean (John15:2) and we say we are trying to be clean then we have rejected the truth. If he says we are washed by the water of the word of God and made us clean (Eph.5:26) and we say to the world we are unclean we have denied Christ and spoken lie. If Jesus the word of God says that he has cleansed us from all sin (John15:2) and we say we are unclean but trying to be better, we have once again rejected the truth/Jesus and expressed our own religious opinion. Jesus did the work for salvation. If you accept that you are free from sin. Sin is not a work or thing you do it is a mistaken belief that something you do could ever separate you from God. That is impossible! God is everywhere. You cannot be separated from God you could only believe that you are, in which case you would think you were. The choices of what to believe are yours alone. Jesus said, “judge not others, lest ye be judged, for by the same judgment you use for them, it will be measured back to you”! Just some thought, bless you all, TK

mikeangel
    Participant

Quote (Elizabeth @ Feb. 16 2010,14:14)
    Mike

:D  Don't feel bad, I think we all still do that from time to time.
    By the way, giving all your possessions away, will not make you perfect. It is not money that is evil, it is the love of money.

Jam 2:15   If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food,  
    Jam 2:16   And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?  

If you have wealth in excess, and ignore the need of you brother, that then could be a problem.

Georg

In my opinion, The man who approached Jesus was trying to justify himself. He asked him what he must do. Jesus told him to follow the commandments (God's law). The man answered that he followed them from his youth. No doubt he expected Jesus to say something like “ok, then you are doing right and you are rightious and you will get into heavan” But what Jesus answered was that he needed to do one thing further because he knew the man trusted his wealth. Which of us has loved and trusted God so much that we sell all of our possesions and go and preach the good news and minister to the poor? I think not many. I want to oneday. I think “when I get the kids out of school I can” The truth is no one is that  we need to be forgiven every day and pray for God's mercy. Like the time in the gospel where there were two men praying in the temple. One stood up in the front with head unbowed proclaiming his rightiousness, following the law. The other had remorse and humility and was praying for God's mercy. He went home justified. One who assumes they are good like that first man in my opinion is self rightious. You are never good enough in your own self. Godbless.

mikeangel
    Participant

Quote fron TK–If Jesus says we are clean (John15:2) and we say we are trying to be clean then we have rejected the truth. If he says we are washed by the water of the word of God and made us clean (Eph.5:26) and we say to the world we are unclean we have denied Christ and spoken lie. If Jesus the word of God says that he has cleansed us from all sin (John15:2) and we say we are unclean but trying to be better, we have once again rejected the truth/Jesus and expressed our own religious opinion. Jesus did the work for salvation. If you accept that you are free from sin. Sin is not a work or thing you do it is a mistaken belief that something you do could ever separate you from God. That is impossible! God is everywhere. You cannot be separated from God you could only believe that you are, in which case you would think you were.  The choices of what to believe are yours alone. Jesus said, “judge not others, lest ye be judged, for by the same judgment you use for them, it will be measured back to you”! Just some thought,  bless you all,  TK                            

First of all, My apologies to the forum and the moderators for instigating something that does not have anything to do with the topic at hand. To the first post I looked up the Adam and Eve book and found it very interesting. I do not put as much validity as Enoch because I have not read anywhere in the bible where it is quoted or referred to.

Second, TK, I know that we are never going to agree on this. You could write a 20,000 word desertation and I won't. God will show us absolutely one day but lets just agree to disagree for now.  This is almost saying that one who is trying to do good works is separating themselves from god . Majior churches are chasing thier tails over just this. My position is based on James 2-v20–” Do you want proof, you ignoramus, that without works faith is idle? Was not our father Abraham justified by his works when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? There you see proof that faith was both assisting in his WORKS  and IMPLEMENTED BY HIS WORKS……………….v26 BE ASSURED THEN, THAT FAITH WITHOUT WORKS IS AS DEAD AS A BODY WITHOUT BREATH.   Also , in the very next sentance, that is says that teachers are held to a stricter account by god. I have seen in this forum you feel a great need to teach and are very wise in your own estimation, and imply that those who are trying to please god with works are lost. Please take this in a loving and caring way, which is how I intend it–Proverbs 3-v7 Be not wise in your own eyes, fear the lord and turn from evil. From now on I will not reply to a post that does not address  the topic at hand. Godbless.

Elizabeth
    Participant

Quote (mikeangel @ Feb. 16 2010,23:43)

Quote (Elizabeth @ Feb. 16 2010,14:14)
    Mike

:D  Don't feel bad, I think we all still do that from time to time.

Jam 2:15   If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food,  
    Jam 2:16   And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?  

Georg

In my opinion, The man who approached Jesus was trying to justify himself. He asked him what he must do. Jesus told him to follow the commandments (God's law). The man answered that he followed them from his youth. No doubt he expected Jesus to say something like “ok, then you are doing right and you are rightious and you will get into heavan” But what Jesus answered was that he needed to do one thing further because he knew the man trusted his wealth. Which of us has loved and trusted God so much that we sell all of our possesions and go and preach the good news and minister to the poor? I think not many. I want to oneday. I think “when I get the kids out of school I can” The truth is no one is that  we need to be forgiven every day and pray for God's mercy. Like the time in the gospel where there were two men praying in the temple. One stood up in the front with head unbowed proclaiming his rightiousness, following the law. The other had remorse and humility and was praying for God's mercy. He went home justified. One who assumes they are good like that first man in my opinion is self rightious. You are never good enough in your own self. Godbless.

mike

Mat 19:21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

Look at the following scriptures.

Mat 19:22 But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.
    Mat 19:23 ¶ Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven.
    Mat 19:24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

The parable of Lazarus and the rich man drives that point home even stronger.

Georg

Elizabeth
    Participant

Quote (Tim Kraft @ Feb. 16 2010,22:19)
    IS THIS THE FINAL JUDGMENT DAY?
    Could it be that the day of salvation is the day of Judgment? He who has spiritual ears to hear let him hear!  Right now the word of God(Jesus) has come from Heaven to earth to judge between the wicked and the righteous.(believers and unbelievers) This is the great and terrible day of the lord. Its great for those who believe God has cleansed them and made them righteous. Yet in the same day it is a day of wrath and destruction for any/all that believe they are in sin or sin everyday or have a sin nature! The wrath comes like fire, consuming our bodies with cancers, all forms of sickness, and all forms of disease, pain and agony! Those believing they are in sin or have sin also share in stress, anxiety, hate, anger, hostilities etc. that go along with sin!
    You are in charge of what you believe. Its your life or death choice. God says choose life!
    The final day of judgment that has come. The word of God sent to the earth is the final judgment. The word of God gave his life to take away the sin of the world. The word says you have been judged as perfect in Christ! The word says you are the righteousness of God in Christ! If you believe your righteousness in Christ, then your judgment has come! You are righteous!! Judgment is by faith. God said it, that’s final! The great judgment is at hand and the eternal word of God (Jesus) has gone forth to judge the sinner or one that believes he is in sin.                                                                                                                                                                         The same word offers salvation to one that believes God has made him righteous. Remember, the eternal word of God was, is now and forever will be. Gods word(Jesus)the will of God was sent forth into the earth to judge mankind. Out of the mouth of Jesus came his Fathers words like a two edged sword cutting away the chaff and leaving the wheat. His words were Holy Ghost and fire, like a refiners fire to purify like fire and burn away any thoughts of wrong doing or sin. God’s word is purifying and God’s word will purify.                                                                                                                                                                          Gods word (Jesus), has cut away the chaff from the wheat and is separating the goats from the sheep and is making mankind perfect once and for all.
    This cleansing is for all that will believe. God’s perfection is by faith as it was from the beginning.Those who continue to attempt to be clean through their good works have denied their fathers perfection/salvation by faith. Those who continue the old testament beliefs of imperfection have condemned themselves to pain and suffering on Earth. Can you hear the Spirit call? Any man who believes in the wrath of God will receive what he believes. Life and death are set before you, now, you choose how to judge yourself, either perfect in Christ through believing what Jesus says or condemned to wrath and hellfire for eternity like religion says. religion                                                                                                                                                                              Jesus came to preach the Kingdom of  God within.(Luke17:21). The Kingdom of God is come. You are the ruler of your Kingdom, you are in charge of you. Will you will allow God to rule through you into the earth or you will express what you choose to express. The word of God, Jesus is attempting to rule righteousness into the world through us. If we reject his words that we have been made righteous by him and tell the world we are sinners trying to be righteous then we are ruling our perception of truth to the world. Anything apart from his truth is un-truth.                                                                                                                                                                        If Jesus says we are clean (John15:2) and we say we are trying to be clean then we have rejected the truth. If he says we are washed by the water of the word of God and made us clean (Eph.5:26) and we say to the world we are unclean we have denied Christ and spoken lie. If Jesus the word of God says that he has cleansed us from all sin (John15:2) and we say we are unclean but trying to be better, we have once again rejected the truth/Jesus and expressed our own religious opinion. Jesus did the work for salvation. If you accept that you are free from sin. Sin is not a work or thing you do it is a mistaken belief that something you do could ever separate you from God. That is impossible! God is everywhere. You cannot be separated from God you could only believe that you are, in which case you would think you were.  The choices of what to believe are yours alone. Jesus said, “judge not others, lest ye be judged, for by the same judgment you use for them, it will be measured back to you”! Just some thought,  bless you all,  TK                                                                                                      

TK

You're only right in one thing; we can not separate us, or get away from God, but God certainly can separate himself from us, and sin does exactly that.

Isa 59:2 But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear.

1Jo 1:6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:
    1Jo 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
    1Jo 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
    1Jo 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
    1Jo 1:10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

It's all right here, TK

Georg

Tim Kraft
    Participant

Quote (mikeangel @ Feb. 17 2010,00:28)
    Quote fron TK–If Jesus says we are clean (John15:2) and we say we are trying to be clean then we have rejected the truth. If he says we are washed by the water of the word of God and made us clean (Eph.5:26) and we say to the world we are unclean we have denied Christ and spoken lie. If Jesus the word of God says that he has cleansed us from all sin (John15:2) and we say we are unclean but trying to be better, we have once again rejected the truth/Jesus and expressed our own religious opinion. Jesus did the work for salvation. If you accept that you are free from sin. Sin is not a work or thing you do it is a mistaken belief that something you do could ever separate you from God. That is impossible! God is everywhere. You cannot be separated from God you could only believe that you are, in which case you would think you were.  The choices of what to believe are yours alone. Jesus said, “judge not others, lest ye be judged, for by the same judgment you use for them, it will be measured back to you”! Just some thought,  bless you all,  TK                            

First of all, My apologies to the forum and the moderators for instigating something that does not have anything to do with the topic at hand. To the first post I looked up the Adam and Eve book and found it very interesting. I do not put as much validity as Enoch because I have not read anywhere in the bible where it is quoted or referred to.

Second, TK, I know that we are never going to agree on this. You could write a 20,000 word desertation and I won't. God will show us absolutely one day but lets just agree to disagree for now.  This is almost saying that one who is trying to do good works is separating themselves from god . Majior churches are chasing thier tails over just this. My position is based on James 2-v20–” Do you want proof, you ignoramus, that without works faith is idle? Was not our father Abraham justified by his works when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? There you see proof that faith was both assisting in his WORKS  and IMPLEMENTED BY HIS WORKS……………….v26 BE ASSURED THEN, THAT FAITH WITHOUT WORKS IS AS DEAD AS A BODY WITHOUT BREATH.   Also , in the very next sentance, that is says that teachers are held to a stricter account by god. I have seen in this forum you feel a great need to teach and are very wise in your own estimation, and imply that those who are trying to please god with works are lost. Please take this in a loving and caring way, which is how I intend it–Proverbs 3-v7 Be not wise in your own eyes, fear the lord and turn from evil. From now on I will not reply to a post that does not address  the topic at hand.  Godbless.

Mikeangel: Thank you for your response. I would never try to get anyone, anywhere to change anything. To each his own.
    My position is more like this. If a person hears from Jesus that God has cleansed him and believes he is clean, then he will produce fruit on the outside comensurate with the cleansing on the inside. If a person attempts to do good works outside to show or make himself clean on the inside then he is denying the cleansing work of Christ. The fruit does not cleans. The word of God, Jesus, cleanses us. If one says in his heart I am still a sinner trying to be good and does good works to prove his intention they are of no value to his soul. We must believe the perfection that God has made us through the words of Jesus to be clean. Works are a by-product of what is believed. If you believe God loves all then you will be able to love all. If you believe God is a respecter of persons then so will you be. Your perception of God and what he is like is what you will relfect in your life.
    You made mention of teachers being held to a stricter account by God. Do you believe that God is running an accounting for the works that you do or don't do?
    I do not try to teach anyone anthing. I am trying just like everyone else to find the truth of God through wisdom and understanding of Jesus in what he said and did. I appreciate responses without anger which in this field of learning seem hard to come by.
    Note that if all posts followed the topic at hand, the topic at hand would never change. Bless you, TK

mikeangel
    Participant

TK. Yes. God keeps record on every single moment and intention. It says in revelation that when Jesus comes he will reward each man according to what his conduct deserves.  Rev-22v12 “Remember I am coming soon! I bring with me the reward that will be given to each man as his conduct deserves”  I am trying to earn as much treasure in heaven as I can because it will last forever.  Out of those who make it to heaven, as it is written “the last will be first and the first will be last”  Those who only can see life in this world and put themselves first(but saved by believing and accepting Jesus as Lord) will not have as big as reward (see above) as those who devoted themselves totally to charity and love and doing good above everything else.Godbless

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Tim Kraft @ Feb. 17 2010,10:09)

Second, TK, I know that we are never going to agree on this. You could write a 20,000 word desertation and I won't. God will show us absolutely one day but lets just agree to disagree for now.  This is almost saying that one who is trying to do good works is separating themselves from god . Majior churches are chasing thier tails over just this. My position is based on James 2-v20–” Do you want proof, you ignoramus, that without works faith is idle? Was not our father Abraham justified by his works when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? There you see proof that faith was both assisting in his WORKS  and IMPLEMENTED BY HIS WORKS……………….v26 BE ASSURED THEN, THAT FAITH WITHOUT WORKS IS AS DEAD AS A BODY WITHOUT BREATH.   Also , in the very next sentance, that is says that teachers are held to a stricter account by god. I have seen in this forum you feel a great need to teach and are very wise in your own estimation, and imply that those who are trying to please god with works are lost. Please take this in a loving and caring way, which is how I intend it–Proverbs 3-v7 Be not wise in your own eyes, fear the lord and turn from evil. From now on I will not reply to a post that does not address  the topic at hand.  Godbless.

Mikeangel: Thank you for your response. I would never try to get anyone, anywhere to change anything. To each his own.
    My position is more like this. If a person hears from Jesus that God has cleansed him and believes he is clean, then he will produce fruit on the outside comensurate with the cleansing on the inside. If a person attempts to do good works outside to show or make himself clean on the inside then he is denying the cleansing work of Christ. The fruit does not cleans. The word of God, Jesus, cleanses us. If one says in his heart I am still a sinner trying to be good and does good works to prove his intention they are of no value to his soul. We must believe the perfection that God has made us through the words of Jesus to be clean. Works are a by-product of what is believed. If you believe God loves all then you will be able to love all. If you believe God is a respecter of persons then so will you be. Your perception of God and what he is like is what you will relfect in your life.
    You made mention of teachers being held to a stricter account by God. Do you believe that God is running an accounting for the works that you do or don't do?
    I do not try to teach anyone anthing. I am trying just like everyone else to find the truth of God through wisdom and understanding of Jesus in what he said and did. I appreciate responses without anger which in this field of learning seem hard to come by.
    Note that if all posts followed the topic at hand, the topic at hand would never change. Bless you, TK

Hi TK,
    So how does one hear one has been cleansed and forgiven without seeking it? How does one hear this message? If one has been forgiven but never got the message how would he stand?

Tim Kraft
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 17 2010,15:09)

Quote (Tim Kraft @ Feb. 17 2010,10:09)

Hi TK,
    So how does one hear one has been cleansed and forgiven without seeking it? How does one hear this message? If one has been forgiven but never got the message how would he stand?

Hey Nick: If a person is perfect, cleansed and forgiven does it matter if he isn't aware? God is within everyone whether they know it, believe it or are completely unaware of it. There is no place that God is not. Thats why I say that sin is something you believe or don't believe not something you do or don't do. If one thinks something he does is a sin that separates him from God he has created his own illusion of truth. Believing a lie of separation will however separate the one that believes the lie to be truth. Yet in truth there is no separation, where would God go? He's already there! Sin is an illusion of thought. So starting from that I would say that all learning about God is revealed or revelation knowledge from within.If one never becomes aware that he is in God and God is in him it doesn't change anything. There's much that we are not aware of.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 70 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account