First born of creation

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 17 posts - 261 through 277 (of 277 total)
  • Author
    kenrch
    Participant

Ah! Sis are you saying that any day is the Sabbath. What other day has a name in the bible? :p

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ Aug. 12 2007,17:42)
    Besides this is it the only weak scriptures that you can read what ever you want into it.

Not whatever you want….it talks about keeping certain DAYS special. Certain days are more special to one than the other. Paul doesn't use this time to set apart Friday night till Saturday night, does he?

Not3in1
    Participant

There was something wrong with the first convenant, Paul tells us. That is why we have a new covenant!! I think God knows that even keeping one day set-apart would be too hard to keep as a LAW. That is why Jesus died for us. To set us free from those laws.

Did Paul keep the Sabbath? Do we have any examples of Paul doing this?

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Aug. 12 2007,17:49)

Besides this is it the only weak scriptures that you can read what ever you want into it.

Not whatever you want….it talks about keeping certain DAYS special.  Certain days are more special to one than the other.  Paul doesn't use this time to set apart Friday night till Saturday night, does he?

No he doesn'r because he's talking about annual holy days feasts tha go with certain food.

I'm not going to even try to show you the truth because ONE I'm tired, TWO I'm drained, THREE your mind is closed.

But you didn't answer me :laugh: ( i laugh at myself) When God says to remember the Sabbath which day is he speaking of remember there is only one day that has a name :D

Good night :)

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Aug. 12 2007,17:51)
    There was something wrong with the first convenant, Paul tells us.  That is why we have a new covenant!!  I think God knows that even keeping one day set-apart would be too hard to keep as a LAW.  That is why Jesus died for us.  To set us free from those laws.

Did Paul keep the Sabbath?  Do we have any examples of Paul doing this?

Yes animal blood didn't cut it! Jesus fulfilled the Sacrifical law of Moses. Luke 24:44.

Do what YOU want because YOU believe never mind what scripture says.

Oh my Paul served the Law of GOD Rom 7:25 1 cor 9 something :laugh: But I guess there are only nine commandments.

Whatever have a nice night! kinda of late for you isn't it? i know it is for me!

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ Aug. 12 2007,17:55)

Not whatever you want….it talks about keeping certain DAYS special.  Certain days are more special to one than the other.  Paul doesn't use this time to set apart Friday night till Saturday night, does he?

No he doesn'r because he's talking about annual holy days feasts tha go with certain food.

I'm not going to even try to show you the truth because ONE I'm tired, TWO I'm drained, THREE your mind is closed.

But you didn't answer me :laugh: ( i laugh at myself) When God says to remember the Sabbath which day is he speaking of remember there is only one day that has a name :D

Yes, brother, you should go to sleep………

You must not judge the status of my mind or anyone elses. You never know how the Spirit chooses to work in one's life and heart. The outcome may not be what you are desiring or what God has shown you for your life – but we are all on our paths to God. Some take the slower roads, and some take a lot of rest-stops, and some are speeding a head….but we will all get there. :)

You cannot impose adherence to the Law on your brothers and sisters! It must come from the LORD above and through scripture. I have not found in scripture that we are to observe a Sabbath from sun-down on Friday night until sun-down on Saturday night. If I am missing that scripture, please let me know where to find it.

Until then, goodnight and sweet dreams.

Col. 2:16, 17
    :)

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Aug. 12 2007,18:03)

Quote (kenrch @ Aug. 12 2007,17:55)

Yes, brother, you should go to sleep………

You must not judge the status of my mind or anyone elses.  You never know how the Spirit chooses to work in one's life and heart.  The outcome may not be what you are desiring or what God has shown you for your life – but we are all on our paths to God.  Some take the slower roads, and some take a lot of rest-stops, and some are speeding a head….but we will all get there.  :)

You cannot impose adherence to the Law on your brothers and sisters!  It must come from the LORD above and through scripture.  I have not found in scripture that we are to observe a Sabbath from sun-down on Friday night until sun-down on Saturday night.  If I am missing that scripture, please let me know where to find it.

Until then, goodnight and sweet dreams.

Col. 2:16, 17
    :)

Yes some choose to remain in ignorance, but then that's what the Millennium is for.

What are the Ten Commandments for Mandy. Are they there to break? I DO NOT JUDGE scripture judges. I just point out the scripture.

Do what you will and lets just leave it at that, ok?

The way I see it is that I'm laying a scriptural foundation so people will learn more easily during the Millennium.

Yes I know harsh words but nonetheless true and when defending you have to be a little harsh just as Jesus was harsh with the Pharisees :D

You cannot impose adherence to the Law on your brothers and sisters! It must come from the LORD above and through scripture. I have not found in scripture that we are to observe a Sabbath from sun-down on Friday night until sun-down on Saturday night. If I am missing that scripture, please let me know where to find it.

Sure:

Exo 16:22 And it came to pass, that on the sixth day they gathered twice as much bread, two omers for one man: and all the rulers of the congregation came and told Moses.
    Exo 16:23 And he said unto them, This is that which the LORD hath said, To morrow is the rest of the holy sabbath unto the LORD: bake that which ye will bake to day, and seethe that ye will seethe; and that which remaineth over lay up for you to be kept until the morning.

I don't have to show you that the day according to the Lord starts at sunset do I?

OK, following the sixth day (not Friday, the other days had NO name) The LORD said TOMORROW was the Sabbath unto the LORD

Being that the only day with a name is the Sabbath and the Sabbath follows the sixth day; when the LORD says to Remember the Sabbath, What day is HE saying to Remember?

Any day you want?

Now you do what you want. The scripture is there for you to read. I will KEEP DEFENDING His word till death and hopefully during the Millennium.

And YES I do this in Love! NOT to prove I'm right their is NO one right but the LORD!

SO:

IHN&L,

Ken

Not3in1
    Participant

Ken,

You didn't read Colossians 2:16-23, did you?

If you'd like to keep the Sabbath your way, please do. I'm sure you are honoring your Father and he is pleased with you. Just as I keep a Sabbath unto my Father and he is pleased with me.

Paul says we are not to judge anyone regarding a “Sabbath day” – this is what you are doing to your brothers and sisters here. If we do not keep it the way you do (the right way in your eyes), then we are lost and do not have truth. Paul says that you are not to do this. Further, he could have used that time to instruct the keeping of the Sabbath day, but instead he says it is a “shadow of the things to come.”

Paul goes on to say:

Colossians 3:17

And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

This, I do, you can rest assured. So, please keep your Sabbath holy and do it in the name of the Lord Jesus – as will I keep my Sabbath and do it in the name of the Lord Jesus. Brother, I believe that according to the scriptures we are both doing right.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Aug. 13 2007,07:40)
    Ken,

You didn't read Colossians 2:16-23, did you?

If you'd like to keep the Sabbath your way, please do.  I'm sure you are honoring your Father and he is pleased with you.  Just as I keep a Sabbath unto my Father and he is pleased with me.

Paul says we are not to judge anyone regarding a “Sabbath day” – this is what you are doing to your brothers and sisters here.  If we do not keep it the way you do (the right way in your eyes), then we are lost and do not have truth.  Paul says that you are not to do this.  Further, he could have used that time to instruct the keeping of the Sabbath day, but instead he says it is a “shadow of the things to come.”

Paul goes on to say:

Colossians 3:17

And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

This, I do, you can rest assured.  So, please keep your Sabbath holy and do it in the name of the Lord Jesus – as will I keep my Sabbath and do it in the name of the Lord Jesus.  Brother, I believe that according to the scriptures we are both doing right.

Col 2:14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

Was the ten commandments nailed to the cross? Were there any Ordnances in the Ten commandments?

Col 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
    Col 2:17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

Where in the Ten commandments does it mention food, drink, holy days, new moons, and sabbath dayS.

Now the last word days is in italiacs because one can easily see that this Sabbath keeping in context with the chapter (ordnances, moons, holydays etc) is speaking of annual Sabbaths that go along with feasts days.

Col 2:21 (Touch not; taste not; handle not;

Where in the ten commandments does it speak of touch not, taste not?

Col 3:17 And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.

Sure we are to do all things to please God including keeping His Commandments.

1Jo 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

2Jo 1:6 And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.

1Jo 2:3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.

1Jo 2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

1Jo 3:24 And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.

1Jo 5:2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.

But you do what you want, ok? :)

IM4Truth
    Participant

not3in1 I fully agree with you

Peace and Love Mrs.

Not3in1
    Participant

Hebrews 8:13
    By calling this covenant “new,” he has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and aging will soon disappear.

The children of Israel did not remain faithful to the first covenant God made with them [vs.9], so God made a new covenant with them and with us.

In Matthew, Jesus tells us that the rules for the Sabbath were changing; now you could heal on the Sabbath, you could help a fallen animal out of the ditch and not call it work. How can you follow the letter of the law when that letter was changing? Jesus even ADDS TO the commandments by saying, “Love your neighbor as yourself.” Clearly this command is not a part of the original 10 commandments? And God gave the 10 commandments, not his Son…..how can Jesus add to them?

Jesus essentially said he was greater than the Law – certainly he was greater than the temple! What is it to keep the Sabbath? Is is sacrifice? Jesus said mercy is greater than sacrifice.

We have the laws and commandments of God (and there are many “commandments” that go beyond the orginal 10 – how do you know that when the word speaks of the “commandments of God” that it is referring to the orginal 10?) written on our hearts and certainly we obey them because we love God. And these commands are not burdensome; folks couldn't keep the laws because they were burdensome.

IM4Truth
    Participant

not 3in1 There is also the Sermon on the mount which shows us what Jesus(when he spesks remember it is the Father, cause Jesus will speak what the Father tells Him too say) also expects of us. So the road is steep indeed, but with being under Jesus Blood we are under Grace by faith in Jesus Christ, and we can overcome. We have Gods Holy Spirit that guides us and keeps us on the straight pad. I am so happy that you understand the New Covenant that God gave us.
    Peace and Love Mrs.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Aug. 13 2007,14:16)
    Hebrews 8:13
    By calling this covenant “new,” he has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and aging will soon disappear.

The children of Israel did not remain faithful to the first covenant God made with them [vs.9], so God made a new covenant with them and with us.

In Matthew, Jesus tells us that the rules for the Sabbath were changing; now you could heal on the Sabbath, you could help a fallen animal out of the ditch and not call it work.  How can you follow the letter of the law when that letter was changing?  Jesus even ADDS TO the commandments by saying, “Love your neighbor as yourself.”  Clearly this command is not a part of the original 10 commandments?  And God gave the 10 commandments, not his Son…..how can Jesus add to them?

Jesus essentially said he was greater than the Law – certainly he was greater than the temple!  What is it to keep the Sabbath?  Is is sacrifice?  Jesus said mercy is greater than sacrifice.

We have the laws and commandments of God (and there are many “commandments” that go beyond the orginal 10 – how do you know that when the word speaks of the “commandments of God” that it is referring to the orginal 10?) written on our hearts and certainly we obey them because we love God.  And these commands are not burdensome; folks couldn't keep the laws because they were burdensome.

Wow Sis you sure took off on one scripture. :)

You know as well as I do that the old covenant was the sacrifice of animals for the covering of sin and not the forgiveness of sin. Jesus fulfilled that law Luke 24:44

But you are right there is no more letter of the law. The law is spiritual.

What is your view on these scriptures?

Mat 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
    Mat 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
    Mat 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Rev 12:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Rev 14:12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Rev 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Just wondering? How you interpret them? What do these scriptures say to YOU? :)

IHN&L,

Ken

Not3in1
    Participant

Hi bro,

In Matthew chapter 5, read further……in verse 21 Jesus begins to talk about murder and he says that anyone who murders will be subject to judgement (the law) – but then he goes on to *add* to the law by including the following:  

Matt 5: 22, 27, 31

But I tell you anyone who is angry with his brother will be jubject to judgment…..

You have heard that it was said, “Do not commit adultery.” But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has alredy committed adultery with her in his heart……

It has been said, “Anyone who divorces his wife must give her a cert of divorce.”  But I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for marital unfaitfulness, causese her to commit adultery…….

So the law has changed to include physical commands (thou shalt not murder) to heart-condition commands (don't hate your brother).  So Jesus didn't come to destroy what God had set up, but he did come to bring everything into fulfillment.  When something is fulfilled, we can say it is accomplished.

Jesus tells us that unless we are more righteous than the Pharisees we cannot enter into the kingdom of heaven.  Now, the Pharisees loved their robes and high places – certainly they had a form of “righteousness” didn't they?  Was Jesus telling us to be like them?  I'm sure the answer is no.  The Law will not disappear.  It cannot disappear – it was made so that people would know they needed a Saviour.  Jesus is that Saviour.  We cannot fulfill the law, tho we try.  There are those on this site who have a false sense of humility in proclaiming that they celebrate the Sabbath and all the feasts, and even go as far as to say they obey all the commandments – well that is super – but it won't save you, nor is it required for salvation.  If we were all able to do this, then Jesus didn't need to bother with the sacrifce of his life.

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (IM4Truth @ Aug. 13 2007,14:33)
    not 3in1 There is also the Sermon on the mount which shows us what Jesus(when he spesks remember it is the Father, cause Jesus will speak what the Father tells Him too say) also expects of us. So the road is steep indeed, but with being under Jesus Blood we are under Grace by faith in Jesus Christ, and we can overcome. We have Gods Holy Spirit that guides us and keeps us on the straight pad. I am so happy that you understand the New Covenant that God gave us.
    Peace and Love Mrs.

Mrs – hello to you!

I'm not sure if I understand all about the convenants and commandments as I am still learning. But I certainly do not see condemnation for those who do not embrace the Law and it's required feasts and celebrations. I believe there is a false humility that can dress itself up, but underneath it all is still ugly pride. Only our Father knows for sure; he knows our hearts and secret motivations (thank God). :)

But I appreciate your encouragement and will continue to seek Him and listen to what I hear on this site.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Aug. 13 2007,15:54)
    Hi bro,

In Matthew chapter 5, read further……in verse 21 Jesus begins to talk about murder and he says that anyone who murders will be subject to judgement (the law) – but then he goes on to *add* to the law by including the following:  

Matt 5: 22, 27, 31

But I tell you anyone who is angry with his brother will be jubject to judgment…..

You have heard that it was said, “Do not commit adultery.” But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has alredy committed adultery with her in his heart……

It has been said, “Anyone who divorces his wife must give her a cert of divorce.”  But I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for marital unfaitfulness, causese her to commit adultery…….

So the law has changed to include physical commands (thou shalt not murder) to heart-condition commands (don't hate your brother).  So Jesus didn't come to destroy what God had set up, but he did come to bring everything into fulfillment.  When something is fulfilled, we can say it is accomplished.

Jesus tells us that unless we are more righteous than the Pharisees we cannot enter into the kingdom of heaven.  Now, the Pharisees loved their robes and high places – certainly they had a form of “righteousness” didn't they?  Was Jesus telling us to be like them?  I'm sure the answer is no.  The Law will not disappear.  It cannot disappear – it was made so that people would know they needed a Saviour.  Jesus is that Saviour.  We cannot fulfill the law, tho we try.  There are those on this site who have a false sense of humility in proclaiming that they celebrate the Sabbath and all the feasts, and even go as far as to say they obey all the commandments – well that is super – but it won't save you, nor is it required for salvation.  If we were all able to do this, then Jesus didn't need to bother with the sacrifce of his life.

Yes I know Jesus changed the law to spiritual but how does that effect till heaven and earth pass away? And whoever teaches…..

And what about the other scriptures I gave what do you think of those?

What do they say to you?

Ken

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Jesus is to be the firstborn among many brethren.[Rom8.29]
    We can only follow him into sonship by rebirth of his Spirit.

Viewing 17 posts - 261 through 277 (of 277 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account