False teachers

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 651 total)
  • Author
    Oxy
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 16 2007,08:41)
    Hi Oxy,
    You teach by implication from these words.
    You go beyond what is written.
    Most unwise.

Just pointing out the obvious Nick.

Why would Jesus refer to the Holy Spirit as “He” who can hear, teach, comfort etc etc if He wasn't a He??

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Oxy,
    Did Jesus tell us to read between the lines to find truth?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi c,
    If you believe your inspiration does not need scriptural authority for your beliefs then you can be easily misguided.

To go on personal revelation without the support of scripture is a popular but foolish path.

God is not a God of confusion.

Christ assured us that the Spirit of God will remind us of his words and not speak on His own authority.

John 14:26
    But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.

John 15:26
    “When the Counselor comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father, he will testify about me.

John 16:13
    But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come.

John 16:15
    All that belongs to the Father is mine. That is why I said the Spirit will take from what is mine and make it known to you.

You need the Word as well as the Spirit.
    Map and compass.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    And the scriptures are what we hang onto as to till the requested Spirit of Christ, the morning star comes to guide us from within.

2Peter 1
    ” 19We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:

20Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

21For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

Rev 22
    16I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

17And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

Oxy
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 17 2007,05:55)
    Hi Oxy,
    Did Jesus tell us to read between the lines to find truth?

Nick, I wasn't reading between the lines. I quoted Scripture. In fact, the Scripture I quoted wasn't just any Scripture, but the very words spoken by Jesus.

We know that our God is not a God of confusion. It's there in black and white Nick. (Or red and white if you have a red letter version) :)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Oxy,
    Where does scripture SAY that the Holy Spirit is a person?
    What it SAYS is what you should teach.
    The rest is conjecture.
    And
    Dangerous conjecture.

Oxy
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 17 2007,09:48)
    Hi Oxy,
    Where does scripture SAY that the Holy Spirit is a person?
    What it SAYS is what you should teach.
    The rest is conjecture.
    And
    Dangerous conjecture.

Nick, if I see a man I refer to him as “he”. If the wind blows I refer to it as “it”.

Show me in Scripture where the Holy Spirit is referred to as it.

Jesus called the Holy Spirit “He” repeatedly and also referred to Him as Whom.

What part of that don't you get?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Oxy,
    When you teach by presumption you are not following Christ.
    Ps 139
    ” 6Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it.

7Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?

8If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.”

Do these verses speak of both
    God and another person, the Spirit of God,
    or just God?

Oxy
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 17 2007,09:54)
    Hi Oxy,
    When you teach by presumption you are not following Christ.
    Ps 139
    ” 6Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it.

7Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?

8If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.”

Do these verses speak of both
    God and another person, the Spirit of God,
    or just God?

Where is the presumption Nick. I was quoting Jesus!

If what the Bible says is that confusing I might as well throw it away!

Was Jesus confused? Did He not understand that the Holy Spirit was just a force or a power or whatever?

I don't think so Nick. I choose to believe Jesus, not just by what He is quoted as saying in Scripture, but also because of the revelation He gave me on my page http://www.all4god.net/trinity.htm

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Oxy,
    It is this lax approach to the treasures of scripture that reveal your traditional roots. They have decided that a little inference, logic and personal insights are sufficient to teach their own doctrines as truth.
    However a good servant serves his teaching master rather more carefully teaching what he TAUGHT if his master's approval matters to him.

Oxy
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 17 2007,11:41)
    Hi Oxy,
    It is this lax approach to the treasures of scripture that reveal your traditional roots. They have decided that a little inference, logic  and personal insights are sufficient to teach their own doctrines as truth.
    However a good servant serves his teaching master rather more carefully teaching what he TAUGHT if his master's approval matters to him.

Is that the best you can do?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Oxy,
    You knew you need to stay within the bible teachings?
    Why do you venture beyond into speculation?

Oxy
    Participant

I do not speculate my friend. I am not that bold. I fear God, therefore am very careful about what I have to say.

But it is obvious that there are many interpretations of Scripture. God is not beyond giving further revelation to clarify things we ask Him about.

Nick, in regard to my website, I had wanted to build a website to honour God and to make the things He had taught me available to others. I had very little, in fact, no success in putting it together until one morning I woke early to hear God saying to me “Today we shall build a website, and this is how it will be.” The website fell together in an amazing way as I followed the instructions I was given.

I take that as being God's stamp of approval. Nothing gets added to those pages without His approval!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Oxy,
    One moment of inspiration does not give you permission to go beyond the teachings of Christ.
    He did not teach that God's own Spirit was separate as another person did he?

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Oxy @ Dec. 16 2007,08:17)

Quote (kenrch @ Dec. 16 2007,00:54)
    Unless something has changed their are no Trinitarians here!

The trinity doctrine states Three EQUAL persons in one.

WJ, Oxy, CB, Isiah1:18, and Tim have stated that the Father is GREATER than the Son. That being true the issue is who is the Holy Spirit? Is the Holy Spirit a third SEPARATE person?

How are we to baptize in the Holy Spirit's name?

Both the Father and Son have the same Holy Spirit that we have. This is what makes them one and should make us ONE. :)

Ahh Kenrich, I see you haven't lost your touch lol. I was wondering why, if the Holy Spirit isn't a “person”, why does Jesus refer to Him as such?

Joh 16:13 However, when He, the Spirit of Truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth. For He shall not speak of Himself, but whatever He hears, He shall speak. And He will announce to you things to come.
    Joh 16:14 He will glorify Me, for He will receive of Mine and will announce it to you.

So Jesus calls the Holy Spirit “Him” and the Holy Spirit guides, speaks, hears, announces, comforts, and a whole host of other things, all aspects of an identity rather than a power.

Act 2:3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them. :)

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Oxy @ Dec. 16 2007,08:18)

Quote (kenrch @ Dec. 16 2007,00:56)
    It's a Dove, NO! it's tongues of fire! No it's a person?! :D

Careful Kenrich.

Mar 3:29 But he who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never shall have forgiveness, but is liable to eternal condemnation.

Oxy, have you never known the “funny” side of God?

The Holy Spirit is GOD, period. The Holy Spirit is NOT a third separate person. Is your spirit a separate person? Are we not created in His image?

Before you say we are not God. No we cannot “send” our spirit to different places YET. But then we only use 10% of our brain. Or has that changed?

The point is you are not a Trinitarian! A Trinitarian believes that the three are equal. The Spirit, according to those here who believe God is three, is the LOW “person” on a Totem Poll. So Low in fact that Paul didn't even recognize the Spirit.

1Co 1:3 Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.

Now where is that third separate person? :)

I'm not saying anything new am I? I'm sure no one here is saying anything “new”.

:laugh:

God bless you Ox!

Ken :)

Oxy
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ Dec. 17 2007,12:36)

Quote (Oxy @ Dec. 16 2007,08:18)

Quote (kenrch @ Dec. 16 2007,00:56)
    It's a Dove, NO! it's tongues of fire!  No it's a person?! :D

Careful Kenrich.

Mar 3:29  But he who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never shall have forgiveness, but is liable to eternal condemnation.

Oxy, have you never known the “funny” side of God?

The Holy Spirit is GOD, period.  The Holy Spirit is NOT a third separate person.  Is your spirit a separate person?  Are we not created in His image?

Before you say we are not God.  No we cannot “send” our spirit to different places YET.  But then we only use 10% of our brain.  Or has that changed?

The point is you are not a Trinitarian!  A Trinitarian believes that the three are equal.  The Spirit, according to those here who believe God is three, is the LOW “person” on a Totem Poll.  So Low in fact that Paul didn't even recognize the Spirit.

1Co 1:3  Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.

Now where is that third separate person? :)

I'm not saying anything new am I?  I'm sure no one here is saying anything “new”.

:laugh:

God bless you Ox!

Ken :)

So now I'm Ox?

You quote one Scripture and neglect all the obvious ones that don't suit your purposes?

Your sense of humour borders the dangerous.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    False teaching is rebellion against God.
    God hates rebellion

1 Samuel 15:23
    For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because thou hast rejected the word of the LORD, he hath also rejected thee from being king.
    Proverbs 17:11
    An evil man seeketh only rebellion: therefore a cruel messenger shall be sent against him.
    Job 34:37
    For he addeth rebellion unto his sin, he clappeth his hands among us, and multiplieth his words against God.
    Jeremiah 28:16
    Therefore thus saith the LORD; Behold, I will cast thee from off the face of the earth: this year thou shalt die, because thou hast taught rebellion against the LORD.
    Jeremiah 29:32
    Therefore thus saith the LORD; Behold, I will punish Shemaiah the Nehelamite, and his seed: he shall not have a man to dwell among this people; neither shall he behold the good that I will do for my people, saith the LORD; because he hath taught rebellion against the LORD.
    Hebrews 6:6
    and then have fallen away, it is impossible to renew them again to repentance, since they again crucify to themselves the Son of God and put Him to open shame.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Mat 23
    8″But do not be called Rabbi; for One is your Teacher, and you are all brothers.

Let Jesus speak.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    So the primary teacher now for us should not be man but the Spirit of God.
    That Spirit manifested fully in Jesus Christ of Nazareth.
    The Spirit reminds us of his words.
    We must abide there.

1Jn2
    24Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father.

25And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.

26These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you.

27But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

28And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming.

Jn16
    13Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

14He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

Following blind men leads only to the pit.

Matthew 15:14
    “Let them alone; they are blind guides of the blind And if a blind man guides a blind man, both will fall into a pit.”

Luke 6:39
    And He also spoke a parable to them: ” A blind man cannot guide a blind man, can he? Will they not both fall into a pit?

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 651 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account