False teachers

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 651 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Jesus warned about false Christs and false prophets.
    Matthew 24:24
    For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect—if that were possible.

It did not take long for the leaven of the Pharisees to bring forth the tares in God's field.

Even during their own lifetimes Paul and Peter were struggling against false teachers, false apostles, false prophets false brothers and he warned men the flock would not be spared after his death. They did not offer freedom but rigidity and legalism. Their teaching was not aligned with scripture. Trinity is one of their bad fruits.

2 Corinthians 11:13
    For such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, masquerading as apostles of Christ.

2 Corinthians 11:26
    I have been constantly on the move. I have been in danger from rivers, in danger from bandits, in danger from my own countrymen, in danger from Gentiles; in danger in the city, in danger in the country, in danger at sea; and in danger from false brothers.

Galatians 2:4
    This matter arose because some false brothers had infiltrated our ranks to spy on the freedom we have in Christ Jesus and to make us slaves.

1 Timothy 6:3
    If anyone teaches false doctrines and does not agree to the sound instruction of our Lord Jesus Christ and to godly teaching,

1 Timothy 6:20
    Timothy, guard what has been entrusted to your care. Turn away from godless chatter and the opposing ideas of what is falsely called knowledge,

2 Peter 2:1
    But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them—bringing swift destruction on themselves.

We were warned, but the tares will first be pulled out and their fate is the fire.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    True doctrine comes from the mouth of God.

Matthew 4:4
    But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

God speaks through His Word
    Lk 1
    ” 68Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people,

69And hath raised up an horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David;

70As he spake by the mouth of his holy prophets, which have been since the world began:”

NickHassan
    Participant

topical

Debra
    Participant

Hi Nick

Paul in Acts 20:25, called a special meeting of all the leaders of the Church, he told them that this would be the last time he would see them. He told them in v:28 To keep watch over themselves and all the flock, of which the Holy Spirit had made them overseers.”Be Shepherds over the Church of God, which He bought with His own blood.v:29″ I know that after I leave, savage wolves will come in among you and will not spare the flock”
    He told them that even from their own numbers men will rise and distort the Truth in order to draw away disciples after them
    Then he gave them this sober warning: “For three years now, I've warned you night and day with tears about what I see coming to the Church after I'm gone. Now I want you to hear this warning one more time….
    Paul's warnings weren't about the chaos going on outside the church doors. He was grieved about what he saw coming inside the walls of God's house. He warned the Ephesians about what he for- saw coming upon the ministry, upon Shepherds in particular. And those warnings were about destruction to come at the hands of deceivers who would flood into the church. Paul's mind was not on church growth, no he's deep heart cry was, “You Pastors you Shepherds take heed. Be on guard, for yourselves and for your people”. “The Holy Ghost hath made you overseers to feed the church of God, which He hath purchased with His own blood”.
    I posted a youtube on the Wolves in sheep's clothing thread take a look..
    God bless.

michaels
    Participant

hi nick you mentioned ev angel ists ,are there many of these,are these the ones who follow the angle who decieved eve,and what is on the ist, or list,mens souls ? did jesus call his 12 by this name, or is this just satan bragging that so many follow him.instead of jesus.

kejonn
    Participant

Michaels,
    The writers of the 4 gospels were considered evangelists…

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    The most prevalent false teaching is about trinity theory.
    It confuses people such that a simple relationship with God is impossible.
    It elevates the Son of God to be God Himself and divides God from His own Spirit.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Colter,
    Do REALISATIONS have as much relevance
    as the teaching of God through His anointed servants?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi C,
    Many MYSTERIES are man made.

Was Christ our God in human form
    or
    Was God in him reconciling the world to Himself?

Was God not in heaven when His Son came here?

Why would Jesus tell us to pray to God in heaven?

Is there really no true father and son relationship but they are one and the same?

Why did Jesus say he was going back to his God?[Jn20]

How can you be so confident God is a mysterious trinity when Jesus said nothing about it?

IM4Truth
    Participant

Colter What does it say in 1 Thes. 5:21 Prove all things. The trinity Doctrine is an imagination of a man called Quintus Septimus Florence Tertullian.
    QUINTUS SEPTIMUS FLORENS TERTULLIAN

Who was Tertullian? And why is he so important to these studies? Tertullian
    was born to pagan parents, in Carthage North Africa, in the year 155 A.D. He was educated in philosophy, and in Greek and Latin Literature; he also studied law. He became greatly interested in Christianity, because he admired those Christians that were willing to die for their faith, something he had not witnessed before in any other religion. In 193 A.D. he became a Christian himself, and devoted his time to the study of scripture. And by using his knowledge of Law, Literature and Philosophy, he became the great defender of the Christians, against the pagan State, the Jews and several heretic sects. He is credited with becoming one of the greatest early Christian writers. It is said, that his doctrine of the trinity, finds its best expression in his late work “Adversus Praxean”. His doctrine of the trinity? Absolutely! He was a very educated and intelligent man, at a time when most people didn’t know how to read or write. He would have known about other religion just as we do today. He would have known about the triad god of the Egyptians, as he would have known about the triad god’s of the Babylonians and others; and there were others. The Romans themselves had dozens of god’s, and in India today are as many gods as there are people. To make the Christian God a trinity, came almost natural, it made this religion more popular. That is why it is said of him, that in his doctrine of the trinity and Christology, he made his greatest contribution to theology. What is theology and Christology? It is mans study and interpretation of God and his Son, in short, the doctrines of men. You have to ask yourself, why did the Church forbid the reading of the bible, under penalty of death? One reason is for sure, it was easier to fool and control people. But what is our excuse? Do we not have a bible? Do we not know how to read? Do we face execution for reading the bible? Just who is it that is telling us God is a trinity? It is not Christ in his gospel. Does the word of God count for nothing?
    Deut. 4:35 “Unto thee it was shewed, that thou mightest know that the LORD he isGod; there is none else beside him.”
    Deut. 6:4 “Hear, O Israel; The LORD our God is one LORD.”
    1 Cor. 8:4 “… and that there is none other God but one.”
    Why is it so hard to believe the truth, and so easy to believe a lie?
    Is. 8:20 “To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is
    because there is no light (understanding) in them.”
    Paul gives a warning too.
    Gal. 1:9 “As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.”

Those are strong words, and should not be taken lightly.
    Tertullian also writes a book for widows in which he explains why they should not remarry. Then he writes a second book in which he explains why it is all right to remarry. Then he writes yet a third book in which he claims, to remarry is against the will of God and is adulterous to do so. In his later years he left the Christian Church. And this is the man that tells us there is a trinity??? This is also the man of whom it is said that “ his doctrine of the Holy Eucharist “, the Mass sacrifices, the abomination that makes desolate, has been much discussed. His doctrine; I’m shaking my head. Why is it that men of such questionable character receive so much credibility? Tertullian died around 230 A. D., whether we realize it or not, tradition is a powerful enemy. We can be so entrenched in it, that we are willing to fight for it, even kill for it; and we make ourselves believe we worship God.
    Mat. 15:9 “But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.”
    Growing in grace and knowledge requires an open mind, but not necessarily an all believing one. It is every ones responsibility to make sure, you were told the truth. The Bereans were taught by the Apostles, and they checked them out. Shouldn’t we be doing the same?
    Acts 17:11 “These were more noble than those in Thessaloni’ca, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.”
    1 Thes. 5:21 “Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.”
    This is not just a simple suggestion.
    The trinity Doctrine is not in the Bible. You can't prove it to be true, but I can prove to you that it is false. By Jesus own words He said that the Father is greater the He. The Most important Scripture that I belief to be the prove is in
    Ephesians 4:4-6
    There is one body, one Spirit, just as you were called in one calling.
    one Lord, one faith, one baptism;
    ONE GOD AND FATHER OF ALL, WHO IS ABOVE ALL AND THROUGH US ALL AND IN US ALL.
    That is why Jesus said many times that the Father is greater then I.

For that reason I came out of that system, we used to belong to the Catholic Church and believe me I knew how to teach that doctrine and have unfortunately done so to 4 of our Children. Once God opens your eyes you will see and I am so happy that He has called me and have His Holy Spirit so I can understand His Word. Thank you God. I hope and pray that you too will see the error in the trinity doctrine.
    Peace and Love Mrs. :D :D :D

IM4Truth
    Participant

Colter  You can't respond to my Post can you? Because you can't explain those scriptures I gave you that tells me that the trinity is wrong.

Peace and Love Mrs. :blues: :blues: :blues:

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Colter @ Dec. 15 2007,02:18)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 14 2007,14:18)
    Hi C,
    Many MYSTERIES are man made.

Was Christ our God in human form
    or
    Was God in him reconciling the world to Himself?

Is there really no true father and son relationship but they are one and the same?

Why did Jesus say he was going back to his God?[Jn20]

How can you be so confident God is a mysterious trinity when Jesus said nothing about it?

Hello Nick,

God the Father and the person of Christ are two separate personalities yet they are divine.

Jesus  is still a separate personality from the Father as he sits at Gods right hand with the power and authority of a God.

Yes

Because he was God the Son haveing a temporary human experience.

Yes, there has always been a Father Son relationship, their still is a Father son relationship.

I have a question for you, are there things that we do not know?

Colter

Hi C,
    Was Jesus then another divine being from God who worked in his own powers to heal and raise the dead? My reading is as the unique Son of God he came empty of any power and advantage over any other man and was anointed by God with His own Spirit. The Monogenes Son of God died to be raised ever one in the Spirit of God. We follow him.
    There is much we do not know but in the Spirit we can learn from God[1cor2] and many so called mysteries are created by men.

Quote (Colter @ Dec. 14 2007,14:04)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 14 2007,13:10)
    Hi,
    The most prevalent false teaching is about trinity theory.
    It confuses people such that a simple relationship with God is impossible.
    It elevates the Son of God to be God Himself and divides God from His own Spirit.

The trinity is incomprehensible by man, Jesus revealed that God has a Son through whom the world was made. This concept was not a part of Judaism. The revelation of the Father, in a duel nature being, human and divine, was foreign to the Jews.

Man has a cumbersome habit, he dose not believe, is not willing to believe, in things which he cannot completely understand. So when profound things are revealed to him, things of God which are barely outside of mans comprehension, man inevitably dumb's those things down into understandable terms, rules, creeds, doctrines and the like. In this way man creates God in mans own image, then he preserves that understanding even when others come into the world who are capable of understanding the original intent of the revelation.

If man has been confused, he has been confused by Jesus himself when he taught that he:

* existed before Abraham

* could raise himself up from the dead

* was not only in the Father, but that the Father was in him

* would ascend into heaven after which he would pour out his spirit upon all flesh

* would be given all power and authority in heaven and on earth residing at the right hand of the Father

No, the Trinity concept is not a product of false teachings by the church but rather a “realization” by believers in this man who claimed to be the Son of God, who's spirit is even now with us.

God is spirit, the spirit of the Father and Son combined are indistinguishable by man as they minister to us.

Trust God for now, he will explain everything to us when we grow up and are able to understand it.

Colter

Colter

Excellent points!

:)

Quote (Colter @ Dec. 15 2007,07:32)
    [/QUOTE]Hi C,
    Was Jesus then another divine being from God who worked in his own powers to heal and raise the dead? My reading is as the unique Son of God he came empty of any power and advantage over any other man and was anointed by God with His own Spirit. The Monogenes Son of God died to be raised ever one in the Spirit of God. We follow him.
    There is much we do not know but in the Spirit we can learn from God[1cor2] and many so called mysteries are created by men.

It's all quite facinating to consider, our God has a Father, they are divinly unified. Perhaps this would also explain the relative powers and authority of celestial beings who “fooled the whole world” such as Lucifer, Satan, and the Prince of this world.

What's very intrigueing is that prior to the incarnation, Jesus did not have a human persoanlaity, he now and forver is both human and divine. After Jesus was resurrected in a new form, he still had the personality that the apostles had come to know.

The balance of Jesus statments show a man subject to the will of the Father, at other times Jesus seems to speak by divine right as a divine being having a human experience.

Here, the human Jesus talks about what he himself will do as a third person in the future:

Jesus Promises the Holy Spirit
    15″If you love me, you will obey what I command. 16And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever— 17the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be[c] in you. 18I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. 19Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live. 20On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you. 21Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him.”

Here Jesus shows that he has the power to lay down his life and to take it up again.

John 10:17 Therefore doth My Father love Me, because I lay down My life, that I might take it again.

After the resurrection Jesus begins to speak sigularly: “Do you love me, then feed my sheep”

Colter

Colter

You quote…

John 10:17 Therefore doth My Father love Me, because I lay down My life, that I might take it again.

That is one that the Unitarians and Henotheist and Arians turn the face from.

Before long you will probably hear that the translators or the RCC added to the text.

:)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WJ,
    You quote

Indeed he did take up his life again after death having been raised by the everpresent spirit of God given him.

Quote (Colter @ Dec. 15 2007,08:51)

Colter

You quote…Quote  

That is one that the Unitarians and Henotheist and Arians turn the face from.

Before long you will probably hear that the translators or the RCC added to the text.

Thanks WorshipingJesus,

Where the anti-Trinitarians stumble is useing the carnal mind to consider spirtual things. It's like trying to start your car with a can opener.

“The intellectual factors of religion are important, but their overdevelopment is likewise sometimes very handicapping and embarrassing. Religion must continually labor under a paradoxical necessity: the necessity of making effective use of thought while at the same time discounting the spiritual serviceableness of all thinking.”

Colter

Colter

Very well put!

Blessings! :)

IM4Truth
    Participant

Quote (Colter @ Dec. 15 2007,02:24)
    Hi IM4truth,

Is Jesus then a temporary God?

If all power and authority in heaven and on earth has been given to him then where did the Father go?

An acceptable answer to either of these questions is, I just don't know but I trust him and maybe one day I will find out.

Colter

Colter What a dumb question. I guess if you do not understand what God really is then you have to do what you and Worshipping Jesus do. Always learning but never understanding. God is a title they both have names. Look it up its in the O.T. Tell you the truth I am done with you guys you have gone round and around for how many pages?
    Peace and Love Mrs.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi colter,
    You quote
    “”The intellectual factors of religion are important, but their overdevelopment is likewise sometimes very handicapping and embarrassing. Religion must continually labor under a paradoxical necessity: the necessity of making effective use of thought while at the same time discounting the spiritual serviceableness of all thinking.”

Frankly I prefer the simple gospel Jesus brought accessible to children without can openers.

Oxy
    Participant

It seems that false teachers are a dime a dozen. It is also important to know that sometimes we all make mistakes, no matter how genuine we are. Scripture is often misinterpreted and divisions often happen as a result.

I love the way God takes care of this problem. He has given us the Spirit of Truth to teach us and guide us!
    John 14:26 But the Comforter, the Holy Spirit whom the Father will send in My name, He shall teach you all things and bring all things to your remembrance, whatever I have said to you.

Also, Jesus said: John 10:27 My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.

I know that, as is written in the Scriptures, 2Ti 3:16 All Scripture is God-breathed, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,

But at the end of the day I am dependant on our Lord to give me understanding of what I read, to guide me, to teach me. Can I be wrong or make mistakes? Yes, but my hope is in the Lord.

IM4Truth
    Participant

Oxy  Where have you been. This is the first time since I have joined that I see you post. It sounds like that you too belief in the trinity. The Spirit is Gods Holy Spirit according to Ephesians 4:4-6 there is only one Spirit(Holy) one baptizm, one Lord(Jesus) one God and Father of all, who is above all and in us all.
    Peace and Love Mrs.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 651 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account