False teachers

Viewing 20 posts - 361 through 380 (of 651 total)
  • Author
    Baker
    Participant

shimmer and Ed! We came out of the Catholic Church when my Husband was 47 and I was 46.  The Catholic Church is the Church that worships Maria, the Mother of Jesus.  They put Her on  the same level then our Savior Jesus Christ.  The Rosary is a big one to them.  In fact I started one in the new Church which started in our neighborhood at the time.  I also started with another woman, a women's organization.  A the time I thought it was a good thing to do.  We even donated money for a New Church.  Also the Mass is the abomination talked about in the Bible.  The Mass they sacrifice Jesus all over again.  Those two items are the most that makes that Church false…… Along with the trinity.  It also was called the Roman Universal Church at first.  It was Constantine who after three brutal and bloody persecution put a stop to it, and also made the trinity a law.  It was Quintus Septimius Florance Tertullian who first came up with the trinity.  He was born to pagan Parents in A.D. 155.  Out of Her all other organized religion came.  In fact the Church is still called the Roman Catholic Church……Also they say not going to Church on a Sunday is a called the Dead-sin.  They go to a Priest for  Confession and He forgives Sins, and penance.  10 Our Fathers etc.  Nobody can forgive sins except God Himself….. They also worship the Pope like God Himself…… He is called Vicar, meaning Christ here on earth….Yet on His triple Crown is written “Vicar of the Son of God” in Latin, making it 666. Not to many Catholics know this, and neither did we at the time.  When my Husband first talked about Mr. Armstrong, I wanted to prove to Him, that that Church was a cult,  and went to a Bible store to find something on Him.  I found a small Booklet and started to read it.  At the same time a Book caught my eyes, called the ” Two Babylonians.”  I stood in line to get the small Booklet, the Lady said:” What about that Book under your arm.”  I was rather embarrassed and said:” Oh, I'll buy that too.”  It was that Book that convinced me to leave the Catholic Church….. I don't know if it is still available, however if you want to read it, I would recommend it highly….. Since Mark came out of that Church too, I wonder what He knows and I do hope He will say something about it too….. I felt it my duty also to say something to both of you….. Also there are others on this site who came out of the Catholic Church  One is Nick Hassan……. Peace Irene

mikeangel
    Participant

Quote (shimmer @ Oct. 09 2010,21:57)

Quote (mikeangel @ Oct. 09 2010,21:29)

Quote (shimmer @ Oct. 08 2010,11:21)

Quote (Baker @ Oct. 08 2010,01:00)

Quote (shimmer @ Oct. 07 2010,20:25)
    Hi Irene, true, the Bible is all over the world, we even have JWs knocking on everyones door, tv evangelists (thats actually what I first became addicted to….just the scripture they were reading, nothing to do with who they were, how rich they were, or what they believed) I know another lady drawn to believe through that.

God will draw people to the son, the Holy Spirit will teach them, from there, we either keep what we know to ourself or share it, There is rejoicing in heaven over ONE that is saved.

shimmer!  Great, My Husband likes to talk about God and the JW came to our House too.  We had many conversations with them.  One thing is for certain, they have some truths,  They believe in the preexisting of Jesus, which we too.  It was one of them that first told us about.  At that time we said:” Are you crazy.'  It took us some studying before we understood it…Asking for wisdom is one rule my Husband has always done…..It is hard to believe that we will be married in January for 50 years. ….You are right about one sinner repenting, there is going to be a hard time coming yet, before Christ will set up His Kingdom.  Unfortunately there will be many that will end up in the Lake of Fire.  That however is another subject……Peace Irene

Hi Irene, good on you both, you and your husband.

JWs do have alot of truth, just as TV evangelists have alot of truth, truth with error. If it brings people to God and not to THEM then its good. I think a person can learn alot from just being alone rather than listening to others, you will never find the full truth in any denomination, iv learnt that. Its a waste of time to even try to search for one. Though maybe God places people within the churches who are willing to ask questions, do they get 'kicked out' ? How long do they last ?

Shimmer, I guess I'll find out how long. Not only have I asked questions, I have written letters defining my differences, so far just strange looks and comments, but the people that really love me support me. Peace

Mark, is it a Catholic Church ?

What are the differences, which you wrote to them about ?

Yes, It is. I do not want to define them here because there is so much RCC bashing already that I don't want to add more fuel to the fire. In short however, I will say this-the church has fell into the same trap as the pharasees and scribes, in that absolute power corrupts absolutely, and like the sanhedrin they have let human precepts become dogma, but the main point of thier teaching is still Jesus Christ as lord and savior, so it being the beast or antichrist IMO is not valid. Also, the antichrist will be a certain man, and the papalcy is composed by a number of men, no fit. Arrogant, yes. Prideful, yup. Antichrist no. God will come and correct all the churches mistakes, and those who truely love him will be forgiven. I will message you personally later. Peace- Mark

shimmer
    Participant

I agree Mark with what you say here. The beast or antichrist denies the Father and the Son. Though the Catholic Church have problems and do unscriptual things, they don't deny the Son so can't be identified with the Antichrist beast system,. this more sounds like Islam, with the False Prophet, decieving the whole (Middle Eastern) world.

Irene,

My family are Catholic, my Mother does the music, my Father is the Eucharist Minister, he also does this for the elderly in their homes… (all I remember of the Catholic church is the smell of woodpolish or something…and the statues, and my Dad's really bad singing… which I used to try not to laugh at, it was really bad singing!)

You get good people in the Catholic Church, and you also get bad people. You get non Church goers, who believe, and out of them you get good and bad. And even in non believers, you get good and bad.

God knows who are his. He knows their hearts. The good and bad will be together untill his return,

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (shimmer @ Oct. 11 2010,05:21)
    I agree Mark with what you say here. The beast or antichrist denies the Father and the Son. Though the Catholic Church have problems and do unscriptual things, they don't deny the Son so can't be identified with the Antichrist beast system,. this more sounds like Islam, with the False Prophet, decieving the whole (Middle Eastern) world.

Irene,

My family are Catholic, my Mother does the music, my Father is the Eucharist Minister, he also does this for the elderly in their homes… (all I remember of the Catholic church is the smell of woodpolish or something…and the statues, and my Dad's really bad singing… which I used to try not to laugh at, it was really bad singing!)

You get good people in the Catholic Church, and you also get bad people. You get non Church goers, who believe, and out of them you get good and bad. And even in non believers, you get good and bad.

God knows who are his. He knows their hearts. The good and bad will be together untill his return,

shimmer

the beast in revelation 13; that comes out of the earth and who also is the false prophet is Islam ,and it came out during the seventh century wen the western roman empire were losing the war and at to give up most of there land in the middle east,and head that is wounded is the sixth head(rome) and so Muhammad created and image from rome religion (Jewish Christianity)and force all small and great to receive the mark of is beast and the ones who refused he kill them ,history can not be change,so look for it,

Pierre

mikeangel
    Participant

Quote (shimmer @ Oct. 10 2010,22:21)

Irene,

Amen Shimmer, Amen. :)

Baker
    Participant

Irene,

To all! The only thing that I am going to say on this about the Catholic Church is, that most do not want to hear the truth. Writing about the truth, is not bashing. I do know how hard it is to leave a Church which most are in all of their lives, however if you want to follow Christ, then you have to find out what exactly is the truth. The trinity alone is a false doctrine and easy to prove. Those that worship under the trinity are worship in vain. That is not I saying it, it is according to Scripture…..We would have never left the Church, if God did not open our eyes….. it also is not very popular to believe what the majority does not….. most want to please others, and saying it is Love that keeps me there….. Yet Jesus said if you love Mother,Father , Sister or Brother more then Me, you are not worthy of Me….What does Jesus say when some will come before Him and say:” Did we not prophecy and give alms to the poor etc. And Jeus will say:”I never knew you.” Ask yourself why would Jesus say that? …….I already gave plenty Scriptures, so you have heard about it, and have no excuse…..Peace Irene

Ed J
    Participant

Irene,

Hi Shimmer,

Jesus returned (in spirit form) on Pentecost! (Click Here)

Witnessing to the world in behalf of YHVH! (Psalm 45:17)
    יהוה האלהים (JEHOVAH GOD) YÄ-hä-vā  hä ĔL-ō-Hêêm!
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34 / Isaiah 49:16 / Isaiah 60:14)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org (Ecl.9:12-16)

shimmer
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Oct. 11 2010,16:15)

Hi Shimmer,

Jesus returned (in spirit form) on Pentecost!

Ed, Jesus hasnt returned yet.

shimmer
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Oct. 11 2010,02:21)
    the beast in revelation 13; that comes out of the earth and who also is the false prophet is Islam ,and it came out during the seventh century wen the western roman empire were losing the war and at to give up most of there land in the middle east,and head that is wounded is the sixth head(rome) and so Muhammad created and image from rome religion (Jewish Christianity)and force all small and great to receive the mark of is beast and the ones who refused he kill them ,history can not be change,so look for it,

Pierre

I agree Terrarica.

shimmer
    Participant

Irene, it must have been hard to leave a church where you know people, My Mother would never leave because friends are really important to her. I never knew Nick was a Catholic. So you all have that in commen.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (shimmer @ Oct. 12 2010,09:06)

Quote (Ed J @ Oct. 11 2010,16:15)

Hi Shimmer,

Jesus returned (in spirit form) on Pentecost!

Ed, Jesus hasnt returned yet.

Hi Shimmer,

Did you read this thread yet?

Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Baker
    Participant

Quote (shimmer @ Oct. 12 2010,09:17)
    Irene, it must have been hard to leave a church where you know people, My Mother would never leave because friends are really important to her. I never knew Nick was a Catholic. So you all have that in commen.

Yes, shimmer, we do. When we left the Catholic Church we joined a Church that kept the Sabbath, which we did not understand at the time. We learned to read the Bible there. We never did in the Catholic Church. In fact I taught our four children all those doctrines, like the trinity and the worship of Maria. I was very active there, but joining a Church that was so Family orientated was good. We all learned to keep Gods Holy Days listed in Lev…. We had good times there. However they too went back to believing in the trinity and all Holidays like Christmas and Eater. In spite of it God has shown us many new truths, like the New Covenant and the preexisting of Jesus. So we have no regrets. Yes, we lost most of our friends, but we made new ones…..
    God has always been more important to us then people, but you are right some just can't do it…. I am not going to sugar code this, it was hard…..But we are at peace and I know God and Christ is with us….. I never felt that in the Catholic Church……….Peace and Love to you, Irene

shimmer
    Participant

Hi Irene…. I went through a stage years ago of keeping the sabbath, I don't anymore. Sometimes I wonder about the sabbath, Im not sure about that. Your right, God is more important than anything, our creator the worlds creator, through him we have life, and with more meaning. Always better than not having God, our ways are wrong and God always knows best. And comforts us when we need it, and strengthens us when we need it, He knows everything we need before we even ask, and if we suffer or if we are fearfull or hurt God knows. And if we are happy too.

It's good you are at peace and God and Christ are with you,

Baker
    Participant

Quote (shimmer @ Oct. 13 2010,20:17)
    Hi Irene…. I went through a stage years ago of keeping the sabbath, I don't anymore. Sometimes I wonder about the sabbath, Im not sure about that. Your right, God is more important than anything, our creator the worlds creator, through him we have life, and with more meaning. Always better than not having God, our ways are wrong and God always knows best. And comforts us when we need it, and strengthens us when we need it, He knows everything we need before we even ask, and if we suffer or if we are fearfull or hurt God knows. And if we are happy too.

It's good you are at peace and God and Christ are with you,

shimmer!  First thank you for those kind words.  As far as the Sabbath goes, we are not under that Covenant any longer.  In
    Exd 34:27 ¶ And the LORD said unto Moses, Write thou these words: for after the tenor of these words I have made a covenant with thee and with Israel.  

Exd 34:28   And he was there with the LORD forty days and forty nights; he did neither eat bread, nor drink water. And he wrote upon the tables the words of the covenant, the ten commandments.  

Notice that in verse 28 it says “the words of the covenant.

Now we go to the New Test. in

Luke 22:20 Likewise He also took the cup after super saying:”
    This cup is the new Covenant in My blood, which is shed for you.

Then Jesus gave us the great commandments in

Mat 22:36   Master, which [is] the great commandment in the law?  

Mat 22:37   Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.  

Mat 22:38   This is the first and great commandment.  

Mat 22:39   And the second [is] like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.  

Mat 22:40   On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.  
    Now you too can be sure about what we should keep.  I find it interesting that most Churches think and say that we are to keep the Ten Commandmets, yet we keep much more, because Jesus also magnified the Law on the Sermon on the Mount.  Now if we are angry with our Brothers, we have committed murder in our hearth…
    Peace adn Love Irene

shimmer
    Participant

Thanks Irene, I learnt alot from your post, it answered something for me,

I wonder where this Mark has got to ?

Baker
    Participant

Quote (shimmer @ Oct. 14 2010,20:38)
    Thanks Irene, I learnt alot from your post, it answered something for me,

I wonder where this Mark has got to ?

shimmer, I saw His users name yesterday, but He did not post. I just wonder sometimes, if some do not know the truth. However they have more love for their friends then they have for God. I know of a Priest in the Catholic Church that we compared Scriptures with, when before we left. At one point He said to Georg:” God is calling you.” From that statement I knew that He knew something was wrong….. Some are so wrapped up with that Church and no matter what they will stay….. I am really happy for you that God has called you. It takes a strong person to go away what they knew all of their lives, some just cannot do it……All IMO though. I will not judge them in any way, but it says this in

Mat 15:9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching [for] doctrines the commandments of men.

And the trinity is a man made doctrine and not of God. How God will judge all of that, I have no idea and I am glad I am not God……One more thing, you are a wonderful person, not to many come here and say that they have learned something from another person…. That to me is outstanding….pat yourself on the back for me……
    Peace and Love Irene

shimmer
    Participant

Thanks Irene yeah I have learnt alot here, love to you and your family Irene,

Participant

Quote (shimmer @ Oct. 15 2010,18:47)

Hi Shimmer:

Relative to the Sabbath, Jesus said that he did not come to change the Law but to fulfill it.  He also said that man was not made for the Sabbath, but that the Sabbath was made for man.

All of God's principles for living are for our good, “six days shall you labor, and then rest on the seventh day” is a wonderful principle.  The body needs a day of rest.

Isaiah 58:6Is not this the fast that I have chosen? to loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke?

7Is it not to deal thy bread to the hungry, and that thou bring the poor that are cast out to thy house? when thou seest the naked, that thou cover him; and that thou hide not thyself from thine own flesh?

8Then shall thy light break forth as the morning, and thine health shall spring forth speedily: and thy righteousness shall go before thee; the glory of the LORD shall be thy reward.

9Then shalt thou call, and the LORD shall answer; thou shalt cry, and he shall say, Here I am. If thou take away from the midst of thee the yoke, the putting forth of the finger, and speaking vanity;

10And if thou draw out thy soul to the hungry, and satisfy the afflicted soul; then shall thy light rise in obscurity, and thy darkness be as the noon day:

11And the LORD shall guide thee continually, and satisfy thy soul in drought, and make fat thy bones: and thou shalt be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters fail not.

12And they that shall be of thee shall build the old waste places: thou shalt raise up the foundations of many generations; and thou shalt be called, The repairer of the breach, The restorer of paths to dwell in.

13If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words:

14Then shalt thou delight thyself in the LORD; and I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth, and feed thee with the heritage of Jacob thy father: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Baker
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Oct. 16 2010,12:57)

Quote (shimmer @ Oct. 15 2010,18:47)

Hi Shimmer:

Relative to the Sabbath, Jesus said that he did not come to change the Law but to fulfill it.  He also said that man was not made for the Sabbath, but that the Sabbath was made for man.

All of God's principles for living are for our good, “six days shall you labor, and then rest on the seventh day” is a wonderful principle.  The body needs a day of rest.

Isaiah 58:6Is not this the fast that I have chosen? to loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke?

7Is it not to deal thy bread to the hungry, and that thou bring the poor that are cast out to thy house? when thou seest the naked, that thou cover him; and that thou hide not thyself from thine own flesh?

8Then shall thy light break forth as the morning, and thine health shall spring forth speedily: and thy righteousness shall go before thee; the glory of the LORD shall be thy reward.

9Then shalt thou call, and the LORD shall answer; thou shalt cry, and he shall say, Here I am. If thou take away from the midst of thee the yoke, the putting forth of the finger, and speaking vanity;

10And if thou draw out thy soul to the hungry, and satisfy the afflicted soul; then shall thy light rise in obscurity, and thy darkness be as the noon day:

11And the LORD shall guide thee continually, and satisfy thy soul in drought, and make fat thy bones: and thou shalt be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters fail not.

12And they that shall be of thee shall build the old waste places: thou shalt raise up the foundations of many generations; and thou shalt be called, The repairer of the breach, The restorer of paths to dwell in.

13If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words:

14Then shalt thou delight thyself in the LORD; and I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth, and feed thee with the heritage of Jacob thy father: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty! You seem to forget, that we are no longer under that covenant and are in the New Covenant. We can keep everyday alike or whatever anyone wants to, we have a choice. Since Gods Holy Spirit is living in us, I believe to keep every day to the LORD. Rest? Well I rest every day….. Paul is who said this in
    Rom 14:5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day [alike]. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

Did you read about the New Covenant in His name? Also we are under grace in

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God:

Eph 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Eph 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

You see Christ died for us so we can now be under His blood which is the New Covenant in

Luk 22:20 Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup [is] the new covenant in my blood, which is shed for you.

And He gave us the great Commandment in

Mat 22:36 Master, which [is] the great commandment in the law?

Mat 22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

Mat 22:38 This is the first and great commandment.

Mat 22:39 And the second [is] like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Mat 22:40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.
    He also magnified the Law and made it Holy…… Meaning that if you are angry with your Brother, you already have commited murder in your Heart……Peace and Love Irene

Participant

Hi Irene:

If we love God with our whole heart, mind, and soul, we will do what He says out our love for Him. Our body is the Holy Temple of God, and it is important to take care of this temple.

Jesus said that “the Sabbath was made for man”, and so, this has not changed. In fact, the Ten Commandents are God's eternal law. They were written in stone by God. They cannot be changed. What has changed is that Jesus has shown us that we fulfill the law through “love”.

Romans 3:29Is he the God of the Jews only? is he not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also:

30Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith.

31Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

Romans 13

8Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.

9For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

10Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

Jesus said, “if you love me, keep my commandments”.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Viewing 20 posts - 361 through 380 (of 651 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account