FAITH

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 227 total)
  • Author
    martian
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ Nov. 04 2007,04:03)

Quote (Samuel @ Nov. 03 2007,22:38)
    What kills me is excatly what someone was saying…Ken I believe it was…

How when Jesus was teaching and he saw the way the pharisees and such had added their “OWN” twist on how they “THOUGHT” it should be.  AND HE REBUKED THEM FOR IT!  lol….some people just don't ever learn.  Why?  Because that is the VERY same thing that is going on in this day and age.   Since when do people start professing that they have such a “WONDERFUL” understanding of the word that they can start adding their “OWN” little “SPICE” to it to convey it more efficiently.  

Bible Scholars, Harvard Grads…Debaters…and notorious leaders and scholars that have had this frame set of mind…I believe…

Completely disgusts GOD.  These people have distorted his word so much to a point its not even funny.  And profess to make it their “OWN” little “Doctrine”…Lord have mercy on their souls…even I believe that they know not what they do…For if they did they would never attempt such a thing.

I also like the way the one poster mentioned that people think that if they have all the understanding and knowledge of MAN that that obviously have the spiritual understanding as well.  That pretty much describes a lot of the people that have tried to get me caught up in a “DEBATE” on GOD's word.  

Brothers  and  Sisters…I'm not a preacher, or a scholar, or anything thing else that one might profess their self to be.  In fact I a Hillbilly from Arkansas…that probably don't have half the education that some do.

However…I love GOD…I believe that he sent his only begotten Son to save us…and thus he has.  I know that GOD loves us all VERY MUCH…otherwise he would never do such a thing.  I believe that Jesus Christ is our mediator to GOD…and the Holy Ghost is the Guide that was sent to comfort us until he returns. I put my FAITH in these things.  And…GOD's word is not at any time, nor never was, nor will be “Open for Debate” in my heart.  It's not a Game Show folks…this ain't “Name that tune!”  cause their ain't but ONE TUNE!

Is anyone tracking?

That's exactly right how can people deny that we should keep the Commandments of God when it so plainly says we are to walk after His commandments.  That this is the LOVE that we keep His commandments.  That the “remnant” keep HIS commandment and the testimony of Jesus.  But would rather keep to the triditions of men teaching that the commandments of God were done away with.  This is nothing new.

Mar 7:6  He answered and said unto them, Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me.
    Mar 7:7  Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
    Mar 7:8  For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.
    Mar 7:9  And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.

The judging will never stop!  The one who accuses one of judging is judging him/her self.

What does keeping the commandments mean to you?

martian
    Participant

There has been some talk about keeping the commandments and though I have posted on this before. I would like to know what soem think keeping and breaking the commandments means to you all and why you come to those beliefs.

IM4Truth
    Participant

Martian God made many Covenants with diffrent Peple, each one has its own commandments

The first covenant that God made was with Noah

Gen. 6:17 “And behold, I Myself and bringing the flood of waters on the earth, to destroy from under heaven all flesh in which is the breath of life; and everything that is on the earth shall die.”
    verse 18 “But I will establish My covenant with you; and you will go into the ark–you, your sons, your wife,and your son's wives with you.

Then He made a Covenant with Abraham, promising Him to multiply Him exceedingly.

Gen. 17:2 ” And I will make My covenant between Me and you,and will multiply you exceedingly.”
    verse 4 “As for Me, behold, My covenant is with you, and you shall be a father of many nations.”

There are many more scriptures that speak of God making a covenant with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.
    But the covenant that we refer to as the Old covenant that was given to Moses in

Exodus 24:12 Then the LORD said to Mose, come up to Me on the mountain and be there; and I will give you Tablets of stones, and the law and commandments which I have written that you may teach them.”

Exodus 31:16 “Therefore the children of Israel shall keep the Sabbath, to observe the Sabbath throughout their generations as a perpetual covenant.”

This shows that the Sabbath was made with the Israelites as a covenant, Period…
    verse 17 “It is a sign between Me and the children of Israel forever;…”

Exodus 32:15 “And Moses turned and went down from the mountain,and the two tablets of the Testimony were in His Hand. The tablets were written on both sides; on the one side and on the other they were written.”

Notice that the tablets were written on both sides. They not only contained the Ten Commandments but the law as well.

Exodus 34:27 “Then the LORD said to Moses, write these words, for according to the tenor of these word I have made a covenant with you and with Israel.”
    verse 28 “So he was there with the LORD forty days days and forty nights; he neither ate bread nor drank water. And He wrote on the tablets the WORDS OF THE COVENANT, the TEN COMMANDMENTS.”

And now we come to the NEW COVENANT

Luke 22:20 “likewise He also took the cup after super, saying, THIS CUP IS THE NEW COVENANT IN MY BLOOD,WHICH IS SHED FOR YOU.”

This Jesus did the night before He died,the next day He sealed His new covenant with HIS BLOOD.
    Jesus became our High Priest and Mediator;
    Hebrews 7:12 “For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.”

This is what Paul says about what happened to the Old covenant;
    Colossians 2:14 “Having wiped out the handwriting of requirements that was against us, which was contrary to us. And He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross.”

Romans 3:28 ” Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith apart from the deeds of the Law.”

Romans 6:14 ” For sin shall not have dominion over you, for you are not under law but under grace.”

Paul understood that the new covenant would be difficult to understand, He explained in;
    Romans 14:1 “Receive one who is weak in the faith, but not to disputes over doubtful things.”
    verse 2 for one believes He may eat all things, but he who is weak eat only vegetable.”
    verse 3 let not him who eats despise him who does not eat, and let not him who does not eat judge him who eats; for God has received him.”
    verse 5 “One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind.”
    verse 6 “He who observes the day,observes it to the Lord; and who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe it. He who eats, eats to the Lord, for he gives God thanks; and he who does not eat, to the Lord he does not eat, and gives God thanks.”

Galatians 2:16 “Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the Law but by faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law; for by the works of the law no flesh shall be justified.”
    verse 21 ” I do not set aside the grace of God; for if righteousness comes through the law, then Christ died in vain.”

Galatians 3:24 “Therefore the law was our tutor to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith.”
    verse 26 “For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.”

Galatians 5:18 “But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.”

Ephesians 2:8 “For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the Gift of God.”
    verse 9 ” Not of works, lest anyone should boast.”
    verse 15 “Having abolished in His flesh the enmity, that is, the law of commandment contained in ordinances, so as to create in Himself one new man from the two, thus making peace.”

Philippians 3:9 “And we found in Him, not having my own righteousness, which is from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by Faith.

Peace and Love Mrs.

IM4Truth
    Participant

THERE IS NO OTHER COMMANDMENT GREATER THEN THESE.

Jesus said to the Apostles;
    John 13:34 “A NEW COMMANDMENT I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
    John 15:12 “This is MY COMMANDMENT, that you love one another.”

I wonder why Jesus said that twice?

1 John 4:7 “Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God.”
    verse 8 He who does not love does not know God, for God is Love.
    verse 9 In this the love of God was manifested toward us, that God has send His only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through Him.
    verse 10 In this is love, not that we love God, but that He loves us and send His Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
    verse 11 Beloved if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another
    verse 18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love.
    verse 20 If someone said I love God, and hates his brother he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother who he has seen, how can he love God whom he has not seen?

Romans 13:10 “Love does no harm to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfillment of the Law.”

This is what grace is all about, LOVE.
    This is what the new law is, Love.
    If we love God, we don't just love and honor Him one day of the week, we love and honor Him every day. God wants children that Love Him, not fear Him. If we do anything because we think we have to, we put ourselves under a law, not God; it is then not of faith but of fear.
    The Apostles preached the gospel of love, not of law.
    If we love God, we don't need for commandments to tell us how.
    If we love our neighbor, we don't need six commandments to tell us how.
    If we don't love from the heart, keeping the fourth or any of the other commandments only, wont save us.

Love is what the new covenant law is built on. Jesus not only laid the foundation for the new law, Love
    He is the foundation; for us and everyone to built up on it.
    John 15:13 “Greater love has no one then this, then to lay down one”s life for his friends.”

Peace and Love Mrs.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (martian @ Nov. 05 2007,01:46)
    There has been some talk about keeping the commandments and though I have posted on this before. I would like to know what soem think keeping and breaking the commandments means to you all and why you come to those beliefs.

The LOVE you have for GOD your Father.

1Jo 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

2Jo 1:6 And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.

Faith without works is dead.

Love without works is alive?

To some the words come too easily “I LOVE YOU” then they beat their wives!

Now I know that most everyone here loves God. But we were taught lies. The teachings of men that God's law was nailed to the cross. I'm sure that even WJ and Isiah 1:18 love God. But again the love we show for God is to keep His Law the Ten commandments which HE wrote.

AND IT IS A BLESSING!

:D

IM4Truth
    Participant

Martian Why did I come to that belief, by studying the Word and Asking God for the Holy Spirit to guide us, and show us the truth. My Husband and I have done so more then 12 years now. We do not listen to any men anymore. All we need is God's Holy Spirit to guide us. When you listen to some of these teachers or Ministers on T.V. how wrong some are, it makes you wonder. We came out of the Catholic Church in 1984 and belonged to the W,W,C.of God for 10 years and we did study the Bible there. But unfortunately they did not have all the truths either. We did not stand still ,we kept on growing and my Husband and I belief that God has shown us the truth. Of course not everybody will belief with us, everybody has to be convinced in their own mind and so do you. Prove all things.

Peace and Love Mrs. :D :D :D

martian
    Participant

I guess I must be more specific. What does the term “keep”, “break” and “commandment” mean? Please give your definitions and where they come from.

IM4Truth
    Participant

martian Look it up in a Dictionary

charity
    Participant

Quote (martian @ Nov. 05 2007,06:24)
    I guess I must be more specific. What does the term “keep”, “break” and “commandment” mean?  Please give your definitions and where they come from.

:laugh:comndemed by “breck”ing, with out faith , under the Law?
    Days of grace of saling by “bye”

If its not by faith, we should consisder moving to another thread?

Towshab
    Participant

If you will look at scripture each successive covenant built upon the last. There was never a replacement of the prior but an improvement on it. When the new covenant comes the improvement will be that the Abrahamic and Mosaic covenants will be written on people's hearts. I know Christians think they have the new covenant but they do not because according to Jer 31 (a) all will be responsible for their own iniquities (Jer 31:30) and (b) all people will know G-d (Jer 31:34). Since all people do NOT know G-d the new covenant has not been brought forth. Jer 31:30 also shows that the new covenant is not a Christian one because all will die for their own sins, Jesus cannot do it.

martian
    Participant

Quote (charity @ Nov. 05 2007,06:50)

Quote (martian @ Nov. 05 2007,06:24)
    I guess I must be more specific. What does the term “keep”, “break” and “commandment” mean?  Please give your definitions and where they come from.

:laugh:comndemed by “breck”ing, with out faith , under the Law?
    Days of grace of saling by “bye”

If its not by faith, we should consisder moving to another thread?

Perhaps you are right. I bring it up only because there are many that talk about the commandments and yet have no clue what they really are or what we must do to keep them.

charity
    Participant

:) Faith is and has commandments… as, take every thought captive to the will of God, these are way better to observe, they sit well above the Law, they act to prevent, in awareness, well before we even get to having to be conscious use of the Law commandments, which are accusing, often used after the offence is committed,
    There a many, higher commandments those are the ones written in the heart,

I just saw the split coming, and I’m just enjoying this thread, it’s so nice.

Thanks martian
    :laugh:

martian
    Participant

What does it mean to keep or break the commandments?
    In order to understand this concept it I necessary to understand the Hebrew words themselves.
    For the purpose of this discussion, I will be using definitions found in the Ancient Hebrew Research Center at http://www.ancient-hebrew.org

Commandments
    “The word command, as well as commandment, is used to translate the Hebrew word mits'vah but does not properly convey the meaning of mits'vah. The word command implies words of force or power as a General commands his troops. The word mits'vah is better understood as a directive. To see the picture painted by this word it is helpful to look at a related word, tsiyon meaning a desert or a landmark. The Ancient Hebrews were a nomadic people who traveled the deserts in search of green pastures for their flocks. A nomad uses the various rivers, mountains, rock outcroppings, etc as landmarks to give them their direction. The verb form of mits'vah is tsavah meaning to direct one on a journey. The mits'vah of the Bible are not commands, or rules and regulations, they are directives or landmarks that we look for to guide us. The word tsiyon meaning landmark is also the word translated as Zion, the mountain of God but, not just a mountain, it is the landmark.”

Keep –
    “Many times I have heard it said that no one can keep all of the commands but, this is not true. From an Hebraic perspective of the word shamar behind the English word keep, it is possible to keep all of the commands. The problem lies in our understanding of keep as meaning obedience, but this is not the meaning of shamar. It should first be recognized that not all of the commands of the torah are for all people. Some are only for the priests, some are only for men and some are only for women. Some are only for children and some are for leaders. But, it should also be understood that even if a command is not for you, you can still keep it. The original picture painted by the Hebrew word shamar is a sheepfold. When a shepherd was out in the wilderness with his flock, he would gather thorn bushes to erect a corral to place his flock in at night. The thorns would deter predators and thereby protect and guard the sheep from harm. The word shamiyr derived from this root means a thorn. The word shamar means to guard and protect and can be seen in the Aaronic blessing, May Yahweh bless you and keep (guard and protect) you. One keeps the commands of God by guarding and protecting them. ?”

Break –
    “While the word keep, as in “keep the commands of God” does not mean obedience but guarding and protecting, the meaning of “break the commands of God” does not mean disobedience. The Hebrew word parar, translated as break, is the treading of grain on the threshing floor by oxen to open up the hulls to remove the seeds. To the Ancient Hebrews, breaking the commands of God was equated with throwing it on the ground and trampling on it. In both cases, keeping and breaking are related to ones attitude toward the commands. A child who disobeys his parents and is genuinely apologetic shows honor and respect to his parents. But a child who willfully disobeys with no sign of remorse has trampled on his parents teachings and deserves punishment. “?

Another word that brings these ideas into more clearity is the word translated “law” in our English Bibles.

Law –
    “To interpret the Hebrew word torah as law is about the same as interpreting the word father as disciplinarian. While the father is a disciplinarian he is much more and in the same way torah is much more than law. The word torah is derived from the root yarah meaning to throw. This can be any kind of throwing such as a rock or an arrow from the bow or throwing the finger in a direction to point something out. Another word derived from this root is the word moreh which can mean and archer, one who throws the arrow, or a teacher, as one who points the way. The word torah is literally the teachings of the teacher or parent. When a parent is teaching a child a new task and he demonstrates a willingness to learn but fails to grasp the teaching completely the parent does not punish the child but rather encourages and builds on the teaching. In contrast to this a law is a set of rules that if not observed correctly will result in punishment and there is no room for teaching. The torah of God are his teachings to his children which are given in love to encourage and strengthen.”

It is still assumed that at least most of the New Testament was written in Greek or Aramaic, however, these were Hebrew writers writing from a Hebrew mindset and about Hebrew concepts. We see this Hebrew concept carried on is scriptures such as, Gal 3:24-26
    24Therefore the Law has become our tutor to lead us to Christ, so that we may be justified by faith.
    25But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor.
    26For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.

The Law/Torah was and is a teaching tool to lead us to sonship. Because we can appropriate the blood of Christ for our mistakes, we can allow God to use these directions toward Zion as teaching tools to teach us how to walk with Him. The key is the attitude of the heart toward God. Far too often Christian leaders become “sin police” rather then promoters of proper attitude toward God. They concentrate so much on stomping out sin that they stomp out the hearts of the people along with it. They become hunters of men rather then fishers of men. After all, our sins past, present and future are already under the blood. Those that keep concentrating on them deny that blood. They need to move on the cultivating the hearts of men toward a loving and nurturing father that wants his children to learn His wisdom.

Samuel
    Participant

I was trying to point out how you must have FAITH. Above all else …no matter what it is you believe.

The NEW commandments that Jesus Gave us came with the NEW law…the NEW plan…where by we might all be saved and not perish.

Obviously…if something is pleasing to GOD you would probably feel compelled to do it. So therefore, I would hope that no one would want to KILL someone considering that is obviously against the commandment that you should LOVE each other…If you love some one how then can you kill them? Being as how Thou Shalt not Kill one of the commandments…then yes I suppose you would be keeping this commandment…no?
    This same example can be used with anyone of the commandments …For instance…Jesus took the commandment of adultery…and more or less IMPROVED it…he took it one step further to say that if you even look upon a woman to lust after her you have sinned.
    Matthew 5:28
    But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

So…if you are saved…and you love GOD…and you are following the NEW law…you probably will not be breaking the old LAW either.

Where by your FAITH is the key to everything. It really is.

acertainchap
    Participant

I agree Samuel. :)

Samuel
    Participant

I must say that the LUST thing I really struggle with. Being as how i'm single…and lonely at times…I often find myself longing for someone in my mind.

I just keep praying and have FAITH that GOD is going to make a way through this for me.

FAITH…if you don't have FAITH you can't expect to get any where spiritually. It's the bases of all things. FAITH that GOD is not going to let you fall. FAITH that he is going to do what he said he was going to do. FAITH. I'm telling you FAITH.

GOD knows what you need…he knows where you are…he just wants you to know that he knows.

acertainchap
    Participant

I am going to be honest, frank, and open. I am struggling with lust too, being single and all, at times it gets tough. I have been praying for God to see me through it as well. Thanks for the comforting Samuel. I will pray for your restoration as well. :)

charity
    Participant

Rooftop, even tide, bible terms, the search and need of a companion, one that will love your soul, and do you no wrong

Faith in God to bring to the well,  drawing of water, even as Isaac's wife was sort after and  by faith found for him, but with fear, did his  father Abraham on his death bed, send his friend to search for her, using signs, as her willingness to give

What do you think, will anybody do?

I’m thinking partners may pine around about the same time, desire, drives to reunites, after the separation from God has been healed, and a female can dissolve into the safety of the God head.

Zion

Chrity

charity
    Participant

Your precious in God sight, always

Better that which closer than which is far off?

WHITH FEAR. its Better to sit it out, and suffer a while, ….over the contentious,

Pro 6:26 For by means of a whorish woman [a man is brought] to a piece of bread: and the adulteress will hunt for the precious life.

That precious Life…is worth more than Fine Gold to the one God sets aside

As for this mismatch of reward, good luck the Laws going to bit you hard, for freedom

Pro 11:22 [As] a jewel of gold in a swine's snout, [so is] a fair woman which is without discretion.

charity
    Participant

King of kings Lord of lords

So Much better to be asked to come forward with a King,
    than to be seated back down with princes.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 227 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account