FAITH

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 227 total)
  • Author
    Not3in1
    Participant

I used to….and she used to bring her nightly “kill” to the front door every morning for me to see.

If a cat was not domesticated, it would surely kill for food in the wild….in nature…..naturally. :;):

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    So have we perverted the instincts of cats?

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 10 2008,08:54)
    Hi not3,
    So have we perverted the instincts of cats?

No.

They will still kill for food if it is not handed to them in a neat Friskies tin. Their instinct is still intact, albeit not dominant because the need is being met? Ya, that sounds OK. :D

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ April 10 2008,08:44)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 10 2008,08:41)
    Hi not3,
    Those who study the world include as normal whatever they find.
    Yet though animals kill each other they do not say murder is normal.

Animals kill for food, we go to the Super Market for food.
    I don't see your reasoning here.

Mandy….Man has the authority to Kill,Cross Bread,Experiment and enslave animals, which in case you have not noticed happens on regular basis….I myself am an animal lover being fully cognicent of the autority vested in the term Dominion…
    If we can agree on this premis than it should not be to hard for you to consider the possibility that,given the perversity of man and through scientific experimentation we are able to alter the behavioral patterns of animals….

Cato
    Participant

I think we are getting off track, instincts are given in nature for protection of the species.  Men have instincts, but since we also have thought and reason the more primitive aspects of our backgrounds (instincts), need to be subordinate to our higher reasoning which hopefully conscience is part of.  Instincts can protect us too, but like all base motivations, whether hunger, sex, survival, in humankind they should be secondary to our mental and moral processes which lower forms of life ie. animals (and evidently some humans) don't posess.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi cato,
    Scripture rather suggests that the vanity of men's throughts rather leads them to worship what is created rather than God and fall into their own lustful instincts.

Rom1
    20For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

21Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

22Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

23And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

24Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

25Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

Cato
    Participant

Quote (seek and you will find @ April 10 2008,07:23)
    Catro! I hope I can change your mind and convince you that
    Homosexuality is not something that a Human is Born with. It is a choice.
    Please read the first chapter of Romans. God created Humans to produce other Humans.
    Lev. 18:22 it is a abomination to God. What I find so odd that people think that there are just 10 Commandments. Read the last verse in Lev. 23
    Also God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah because of sexual sins.
    Peace and Love Mrs.

Dear Seek,

Well as far as Romans goes, humans have no problem multiplying, in fact most of the world's current problems are compounded by the fact that there are far too many of us for the earth's current support mechanisms.  I take it that by that line of reasoning you are oppossed to birth control also?

Leviticus is full of severe rules it calls for death for a man who lies with another man as if a woman (Lev 20:13) yet it says nothing about women lying with other women (I can tell men wrote this part).  Did you know in Lev 19:27 “you shall not round of the hair on your temples or mar the edges of your beard”  In lev 15:29 in the 8th day after a women's uncleanliness due to mestruation she is to give turtledoves and pigeons to the local priest .  Do you eat pork,  in Leviticus it is unclean.  My point being that some of these practices appear to be a bit dated.  

As far as Sodom and Gomorrah, you don't have to be gay to be a sexual pervert.

I think morality and treating people with respect is a choice, I don't think homosexuality is, at least I honestly can't imagine it as such.  Now how you deal with this orientation is a choice and there morality can be found in how you then respect yourself or others.

Cato! I don't think that I agree with you that homosexuality is normal. What does it produce. Nothing, it only worships self. That is not what God want us to do. He told us to produce. It has nothing to do how anybody respects another Human Being either. It has everything to do if God respects it or not. We are having so much chaos in the world. Do you ever wonder why? We are in the end times, and it will be like it was in Sodom and Gomorrah. Sorry but I think God destroyed that City because of sexual immoralities. Just like it was then, it is now. Every thing is fine, no Sin. Just do what feels good to you.
    That is not God like in my eyes. And there will be people that will say those things are not wrong, you have just proven that to me. They were born with it, and therefore it is fine to do. Bull.
    Peace and Love Mrs.

P.S. If anybody is reading this, please lets see how many feel like Cato does.

NickHassan
    Participant

Indeed Mrs,
    It is not of faith.
    Romans 14:23
    And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

Not3in1
    Participant

Cato,
    I think you flat make a lot of sense! I appreciate your approach and how you explain things. I tend to agree with much of what you are offering here. Nick and Irene, I also see your viewpoints according to the bible. Thanks to you also, Theo!
    Mandy

Cato
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 10 2008,14:28)
    Indeed Mrs,
    It is not of faith.
    And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

Nick,

What you constantly mistake is a lack of faith in the written word of men as a lack of faith in the Almighty.  I have great faith that the Creator made us all for a purpose, and that purpose is a noble one and that each of us great and small have our parts to play that will ultimately lead to the greater good of the universe and mankind.  I realize that this progression is gradual and not linear, so there will be ups and downs but my faith tells me the trend and the end results will be up.

Quote (Cato @ April 10 2008,23:08)

Indeed Mrs,
    It is not of faith.

Nick,

What you constantly mistake is a lack of faith in the written word of men as a lack of faith in the Almighty.  I have great faith that the Creator made us all for a purpose, and that purpose is a noble one and that each of us great and small have our parts to play that will ultimately lead to the greater good of the universe and mankind.  I realize that this progression is gradual and not linear, so there will be ups and downs but my faith tells me the trend and the end results will be up.

Catro!  Where does the knowledge of God come from? Who told you that there is a God? There are unfortunately still humans on this earth that have never heard of God, but it will not be long when Jesus will return and will set-up His Kingdom, and the truth will cover the earth, like water covers the sea.
    Peace and Love Mrs.

Cato
    Participant

Quote (seek and you will find @ April 10 2008,12:53)
    Cato! I don't think that I agree with you that homosexuality is normal. What does it produce. Nothing, it only worships self. That is not what God want us to do. He told us to produce. It has nothing to do how anybody respects another Human Being either. It has everything to do if God respects it or not. We are having so much chaos in the world. Do you ever wonder why? We are in the end times, and it will be like it was in Sodom and Gomorrah. Sorry but I think God destroyed that City because of sexual immoralities. Just like it was then, it is now. Every thing is fine, no Sin. Just do what feels good to you.
    That is not God like in my eyes. And there will be people that will say those things are not wrong, you have just proven that to me. They were born with it, and therefore it is fine to do. Bull.
    Peace and Love Mrs.

P.S. If anybody is reading this, please lets see how many feel like Cato does.

I never said it was normal, just not inherently evil.  It is normal to be right handed yet there are left handed people too.  Many used to think being left handed made you predisposed to evil thus the connotation of the word sinister.  I don't see how our sexual orientation in itself makes us worship self instead of God.  

If sex is only for reproduction and not as a physical expression of love you may have a point, as well as the go forth and multiply line (no matter how overpopulated the earth is) how very Catholic.

We are always in the end times it seems and sexual immorality is nothing new nor does it depend on being gay or not.  There are plenty of very sick and perverted straight people also.  Also I don't believe I ever advocated anything goes, I think those who cause pain, degrade others, involve children, etc., are abhorrent and will be called to account.  Some of the people are just despicable and some are diseased and mentally ill.  Yet this is true for both hetero and homosexuals.

TimothyVI
    Participant

Indeed Mrs,
    It is not of faith.

Hi Nick,
    I have become totally confused about what you consider faith. It appears that your faith is entirely in the bible and not who the bible is about.

The entire passage in Romans is about not judgeing others, or becoming a stumbling block to them because of what you think is O.K. And yet you go to the very last line and use it out of context to judge homosexuals.

What happened to Rom 14:14 I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that [there is] nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him [it is] unclean.

My wife and I have some very dear friends that happen to be gay. They are the kindest, least offensive individuals that we have ever met. There sin is no greater than the sin of a woman having a menstrual cycle, over which they have no control. According to the bible every woman had to give a couple of doves to the priest for a sin offering after every monthly cycle.

Tim

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (seek and you will find @ April 10 2008,23:41)

Indeed Mrs,
    It is not of faith.

Nick,

Catro!  Where does the knowledge of God come from? Who told you that there is a God? There are unfortunately still humans on this earth that have never heard of God, but it will not be long when Jesus will return and will set-up His Kingdom, and the truth will cover the earth, like water covers the sea.
    Peace and Love Mrs.

According to the bible, the humans who have not heard of God are without excuse! God has written his laws on our hearts now and we no longer need to tell our neighbor, “Know God.” This is what the bible teaches.

We know him by what he has created.

Interesting, huh? I guess the JW's are wasting there time?

Not3in1
    Participant

I agree with you Tim!

Quote (Not3in1 @ April 11 2008,04:29)

Indeed Mrs,
    It is not of faith.

Nick,

Peace and Love Mrs.

According to the bible, the humans who have not heard of God are without excuse!  God has written his laws on our hearts now and we no longer need to tell our neighbor, “Know God.”  This is what the bible teaches.

We know him by what he has created.

Interesting, huh?  I guess the JW's are wasting there time?

Mandy! If we would go to the Muslim Nation and met some of them, I am sure you will find just as many good people. But is that religion right?
    So what are you saying lets live the way we see fit and the hell what the Bible teaches? The verse that you quoted is for the Millenium when nobody has to ask what the truth is. There is only going be what Jesus and the Priest and Kings, that will rule with Jesus her on earth, will teach. No more guessing. But that is not yet happening. If we would not have some Literature like the Bible, that we would know God, we would not know Him. God the Father does the calling, He has given us to Jesus, we did nothing on our own. So nobody can boast. No. We know Him because we were told of Him and were Baptized and received the Holy Spirit, without the Holy Spirit we could not understand the things of God. No all will have a chance in the Millenium when only all truths will be taught. Even the J.W. There is so much confusion and I can't wait tell all is done. Come Jesus, Come. That has been my slogan for some time now. This is the way I see it, you are right tho about that God has a purpose for all of us that He has called. But we also have to remember that many are called and few are chosen.
    Rev. 7 talks about the multitude of Spirits that stand in front of the throne from all nations all people. They are clothed with white robes, with palms in their hands
    verse 10 and crying out with a loud voice saying:” Salvation belongs to our God who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb!”
    verse 11 And all the angels stood around the throne and the elders and the four living creatures, and fell on their faces before the throne and worshiped God, saying
    verse 12 Amen! Blessing and glory and wisdom, Thanksgiving and honor and power and might, Be to our God for ever and ever.
    verse 13 Then one of the elders answered, saying to me,” Who are these arrayed in white robes, and where did they come from. So He said to me,” These are the ones who come out of the great tribulation, and washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. These are besides the elect, I believe.
    I let you read the rest of the story, I am getting rather tired.

Peace and Love Irene

Cato
    Participant

Peace and Love Mrs.

Knowledge of God comes from his creation, it is all around for those who look, I feel that those who must find God within an encyclopedia of various anonymous works missing out.

Not everyone may call God with the same name but he speaks to all in their hearts.

Too many look to Jesus to come to the rescue like a divine cavalry to save the day.  We each will have our own judgement when we die, so I would be more concerned with that then global armageddon.  One is sure and imminent, the other anytime or no time.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi cato,
    Certainly many have knowledge of the Creator God
    and some retain an untainted conscience
    but knowledge alone saves nobody.

Jesus did not come to save the righteous but sinners.
    It is wiser to find yourself among them.

Quote (Cato @ April 11 2008,06:23)

Peace and Love Mrs.

Knowledge of God comes from his creation, it is all around for those who look, I feel that those who must find God within an encyclopedia of various anonymous works missing out.

Not everyone may call God with the same name but he speaks to all in their hearts.

Too many look to Jesus to come to the rescue like a divine cavalry to save the day.  We each will have our own judgement when we die, so I would be more concerned with that then global armageddon.  One is sure and imminent, the other anytime or no time.

Catro! There is a saying that the time will come that they will rather worship the creation then the creator. You remind me of that. I disagree with you. Only those that have God's Holy Spirit will understand the things of God.
    2 Timothy 4:3 The time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desired, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers…
    verse 4 and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned to fables.
    1 Corinth. 2:11 For what man knows the things of a man except the spirit of man which is in him.
    Even so no one knows the things of God except the Spirit of God.
    verse 12 Now we have received the Spirit of God, not of the world………

Peace and Love Mrs.

Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 227 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account