FAITH

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 227 total)
  • Author
    Samuel
    Participant

I know that T8 once said when I asked him one time what he believed. He told me that he was studying the doctrine of Christ or The Lord Jesus Christ.

I'd like to build upon that at this time. With FAITH. I've studied and prayed and talked and debated with other believers and such at times. And I think that really we should have the Doctrine of FAITH. That if you have faith as a grain of …well here you go:

Matthew 13:31
    Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is like to a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and sowed in his field:

Matthew 17:20
    And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

Mark 4:31
    [It is] like a grain of mustard seed, which, when it is sown in the earth, is less than all the seeds that be in the earth:

Luke 13:19
    It is like a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and cast into his garden; and it grew, and waxed a great tree; and the fowls of the air lodged in the branches of it.

Luke 17:6
    And the Lord said, If ye had faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye might say unto this sycamine tree, Be thou plucked up by the root, and be thou planted in the sea; and it should obey you.

Faith brothers and sisters. You see…I believe that man gets all caught up on this doctrine and that doctrine…and what exactly must be done to be saved. It's a walk of FAITH you've heard it before.
    Matthew 23:23
    Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier [matters] of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

Oh FAITHLESS generation! That is the thing FAITH.
    By this we also know that the Lord Jesus Christ is the Chief Corner Stone of the church…of which the foundation is built. At, least you should know this. Therefore, if you FAITH is built on the Chief Corner stone…who then can destroy you?

The minute your FAITH starts to falter…thats the minute you get into trouble:

Matthew 14 (King James Version)

28And Peter answered him and said, Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water.

29And he said, Come. And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus.

30But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me.

31And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?

You see:

(KJV) Matthew 28
    20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, [even] unto the end of the world. Amen.

I believe that man has lost sight of the power of GOD, and His Son, and the FAITH thereof. That is half the reason we are in the mess we are in now.
    Man wants to prove this and state this about GOD. They want to build their house of FAITH on other things and not JESUS CHRIST the Lord which is the Chief Corner stone. Then when the trials come and the storms come they start to sink…They built their house upon SAND.

Are you hearing anything I'm saying? I mean let me know if none of this clicks with your spirit. Do you understand what i'm talking about?

You need to have FAITH…and You need to have your house built on the ROCK!

That is it brothers and sisters!
    It don't get much simpler than that.

Not3in1
    Participant

Amen, brother Sam.

You're a wise man.

:)

IM4Truth
    Participant

Samuel You are absolutely correct. if we do not have Faith in Christ Jesus that He came from above and became flesh and died for our Sins, we are no Christians at all. That's why I belief so strongly about what Jesus teaches us in the Sermon on the Mount. The greatest Commandments that He gave us God is Love and Jesus is Love and upon that Love we have to built. He set the Foundation. We have the most wonderful and merciful God, that gave us His only begotten Son. He so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that so ever believed, believed in Him, should not perish, should not perish, but have everlasting life. Not only that He said it is a gift from God, by faith in Christ Jesus our Lord. The Father has called us, and had given us to Jesus. And what does He say. What the Father gives to me I will not loose. So Brothers and Sisters always walk with Jesus. Walk in the spirit and you will not sin. But of course watch out for Satan, we are Human and we will sin, but I think what this verse means is that there is no sin in Gods Holy Spirit. Another thing Sin is not imputed to us as long as we confess our Sins, He will instantly forgive them. No more sacrifice needed. Jesus is our perfect sacrifice. Past, Present and Future. Without Faith we cannot be Christians. Simple but yet so hard, if you think about it. How many times have I fallen into Sin, since I became a Christians? Many, but each time the Holy Spirit has told me, you did it again. I confess that I failed many test, because of my pride. So in closing we all have to stay close to Jesus and God in order to be cleansed of all the baggage we brought with us, from where ever we came out of. Without it we can not survive.

Peace andLove Mrs. :D :D :D

martian
    Participant

Before one attempts to act with faith, it is important to understand what faith is.

From the Ancient Hebrew Research Center —

“The Hebrew root aman means firm, something that is supported or secure. This word is used in Isaiah 22:23 for a nail that is fastened to a “secure” place. Derived from this root is the word emun meaning a craftsman. A craftsman is one who is firm and secure in his talent. Also derived from aman is the word emunah meaning firmness, something or someone that is firm in their actions. When the Hebrew word emunah is translated as faith misconceptions of its meaning occur. Faith is usually perceived as a knowing while the Hebrew emunah is a firm action. To have faith in God is not knowing that God exists or knowing that he will act, rather it is that the one with emunah will act with firmness toward God's will.”

Faith is not something we simply believe or that can be mentally ascended to, but rather is something we take an action toward.

One example of the Hebrew concept can be seen in the following verse –

Hebrews 4:2
    For indeed we have had good news preached to us, just as they also; but the word they heard did not profit them, because it was not united by action and firmness toward God’s will in those who heard.

Those spoken of in this verse heard the same Good News, however they did not act with firmness and action to work with God’s will.

charity
    Participant

:D nice to see you martian, nice post,

firm faith can pull us out of a consuming furnace of fire.

martian
    Participant

Quote (charity @ Nov. 01 2007,15:17)
    :D  nice to see you martian, nice post,

Thanks for the welcome back.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Samuel @ Oct. 31 2007,14:36)
    I know that T8 once said when I asked him one time what he believed.  He told me that he was studying the doctrine of Christ or The Lord Jesus Christ.

I'd like to build upon that at this time.  With FAITH.  I've studied and prayed and talked and debated with other believers and such at times.  And I think that really we should have the Doctrine of FAITH.  That if you have faith as a grain of …well here you go:

Matthew 13:31    
    Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is like to a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and sowed in his field:

Matthew 17:20
    And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

Mark 4:31
    [It is] like a grain of mustard seed, which, when it is sown in the earth, is less than all the seeds that be in the earth:

Luke 13:19
    It is like a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and cast into his garden; and it grew, and waxed a great tree; and the fowls of the air lodged in the branches of it.

Luke 17:6
    And the Lord said, If ye had faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye might say unto this sycamine tree, Be thou plucked up by the root, and be thou planted in the sea; and it should obey you.

Faith brothers and sisters.  You see…I believe that man gets all caught up on this doctrine and that doctrine…and what exactly must be done to be saved.   It's a walk of FAITH  you've heard it before.
    Matthew 23:23    
    Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier [matters] of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

Oh FAITHLESS generation!  That is the thing  FAITH.
    By this we also know that the Lord Jesus Christ is the Chief Corner Stone of the church…of which the foundation is built.  At, least you should know this.  Therefore, if you FAITH is built on the Chief Corner stone…who then can destroy you?

The minute your FAITH starts to falter…thats the minute you get into trouble:

Matthew 14 (King James Version)

28And Peter answered him and said, Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water.

29And he said, Come. And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus.

30But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me.

31And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?

You see:

(KJV) Matthew 28
    20  Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, [even] unto the end of the world. Amen.

I believe that man has lost sight of the power of GOD, and His Son, and the FAITH thereof.  That is half the reason we are in the mess we are in now.
    Man wants to prove this and state this about GOD. They want to build their house of FAITH on other things and not JESUS CHRIST the Lord which is the Chief Corner stone.  Then when the trials come and the storms come they start to sink…They built their house upon SAND.

Are you hearing anything I'm saying?  I mean let me know if none of this clicks with your spirit.  Do you understand what i'm talking about?

You need to have FAITH…and You need to have your house built on the ROCK!

That is it brothers and sisters!
    It don't get much simpler than that.

I believe that man has lost sight of the power of GOD, and His Son, and the FAITH thereof. That is half the reason we are in the mess we are in now.
    Man wants to prove this and state this about GOD. They want to build their house of FAITH on other things and not JESUS CHRIST the Lord which is the Chief Corner stone. Then when the trials come and the storms come they start to sink…They built their house upon SAND.

Amen Brother, AMEN!

However their will be those who will appeal to the flesh asking you show me the proof. These people are NOT of the Spirit and don't know Jesus.

1Co 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

This is just the beginning of trials.

Rev 14:12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Thanks Sam,

Ken

charity
    Participant

Quote (martian @ Nov. 02 2007,02:51)

:D we need you

martian
    Participant

Quote (charity @ Nov. 02 2007,11:43)

😀  nice to see you martian, nice post,

😀 we need you

In what way am I needed.

I hope you will forgive me but my health is not so good. I am not sure what stamina I will have to engage in much.

:p

charity
    Participant

Quote (martian @ Nov. 02 2007,13:24)

In what way am I needed.

I hope you will forgive me but my health is not so good. I am not sure what stamina I will have to engage in much.

I’m not surprised, health can suffer for a short time,
    I presume you are going thru a lot, and you have put so much into the searching of the heart, and thats the truth Martian, I have been truly encouraged, just to read your posts, and I CAN hear the silent message that reveals the condition of heart, delighted, over over and again as you are striving for righteousness, there you go, that’s honestly the truth , as best I can think to say at this moment,
    be encouraged with obedience to the first and greatest commandment, with me, as we wait for the knowledge and the perfecting of our souls incorruptible to come, ever after, Amen

Thinking of you, and praying for the joy in your heart to come and lift you in spirit, towards your promises.

Charity
    :D

Not3in1
    Participant

In what way am I needed.

Hey, we'll take what we can get from you! :)

Welcome back, brother. Missed you!
    Mandy

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (charity @ Nov. 02 2007,13:56)

In what way am I needed.

I presume you are going thru a lot, and you have put so much into the searching of the heart, and thats the truth Martian, I have been truly encouraged, just to read your posts, and I CAN hear the silent message that reveals the condition of heart, delighted, over over and again as you are striving for righteousness, there you go, that’s honestly the truth , as best I can think to say at this moment,
    be encouraged with obedience to the first and greatest commandment, with me, as we wait for the knowledge and the perfecting of our souls incorruptible to come, ever after, Amen

Thinking of you, and praying for the joy in your heart to come and lift you in spirit, towards your promises.

Charity

Wow, sister –
    I was blessed just by reading what you wrote for Martain! Amen

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ Nov. 02 2007,03:22)
    Amen Brother, AMEN!

However their will be those who will appeal to the flesh asking you show me the proof. These people are NOT of the Spirit and don't know Jesus.

1Co 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

This is just the beginning of trials.

Rev 14:12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Thanks Sam,

Ken

I totally agree, Ken!

Great post,
    Mandy

Samuel
    Participant

You know…

I've seen here that some people on this site would just as easily argue with a Pine Tree about which way the wind was blowing on any given day, then believe the truth…or at least accept the fact that someone just might have instructed them wrong in the word…or led them down the wrong path. I suppose thats what GOD meant when it said in his word that he would send to them a strong delusion so that they would believe the lie:

2 Thess 2:11
    And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

Some of these religions…I just can't no way in any kind of way believe. I'm sorry…I just can't…I can't see how they even came to the conclusions that they came too. Its almost ridiculous at times on some things. Seriously.

However, I believe that a lot of people do indeed love GOD…and are 100% sincere in their walk. However, I believe that they might be placing their faith in the wrong things…and they might have their house built on the SAND and not the ROCK. So the storms that come might some day destroy their house of faith. I really pray that they rebuild before that happens though.

I'm really not interested in getting into debates anymore on certain subjects …but I did feel that it was laid on my heart to make this thread and post. Not only my faith but I'm sure some others would be tested if you were to actually look and study some of these completely insane ideas some Men have about the word.

But it was made clear to me to not lose faith…at any cost! And to keep my house Built on the ROCK of the Lord Jesus Christ. And, I thought thought I should share that with you all. I'm sure some of you already know this…however there is probably some that don't.

God bless you all! And may the Holy Spirit guide you!

martian
    Participant

Quote (charity @ Nov. 02 2007,13:56)

In what way am I needed.

Charity

I am touched albeit somewhat surprised as my memories of this board are not as favorable as you have made them out to be. As others have said on this thread, I am astounded at times at the utter lack of any critical thinking and the total dishonesty portrayed by some doctrinal stands.

Having spent several years studying Hebrew language and culture, I have attempted to make a paradine shift to a Hebrew mindset, believing that by understanding that mindset, I can better understand the writers of scripture and how God used their culture and language to express truth. Without this understanding I do not think it is possible to understand the depth of the things God wishes us to understand. In some cases there are large mistakes made and missinterpretations that lead to “supposed” proofs of false doctrines.
    I hope to share more of these discoveries that I have found and that they will bless and strengthen our mutual faith in the one true God and Father of all.

IM4Truth
    Participant

Martian Since you study in the Hebrew Bible do you belief that Jesus has come in the flesh and died for us, was resurrected and sits now at the right hand with the Father on His throne?

Peace and Love Mrs.

P.S. I am sorry that you are sick, but you are not alone in this.

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Samuel @ Nov. 02 2007,00:34)
    You know…

I've seen here that some people on this site would just as easily argue with a Pine Tree about which way the wind was blowing on any given day, then believe the truth…or at least accept the fact that someone just might have instructed them wrong in the word…or led them down the wrong path.  I suppose thats what GOD meant when it said in his word that he would send to them a strong delusion so that they would believe the lie:

2 Thess 2:11    
    And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

Some of these religions…I just can't no way in any kind of way believe.  I'm sorry…I just can't…I can't see how they even came to the conclusions that they came too.  Its almost ridiculous at times on some things.  Seriously.

However, I believe that a lot of people do indeed love GOD…and are 100% sincere in their walk.  However, I believe that they might be placing their faith in the wrong things…and they might have their house built on the SAND and not the ROCK.  So the storms that come might some day destroy their house of faith.  I really pray that they rebuild before that happens though.  

I'm really not interested in getting into debates anymore on certain subjects …but I did feel that it was laid on my heart to make this thread and post.  Not only my faith but I'm sure some others would be tested if you were to actually look and study some of these completely insane ideas some Men have about the word.

But it was made clear to me to not lose faith…at any cost!  And to keep my house Built on the ROCK of the Lord Jesus Christ.  And, I thought thought I should share that with you all.  I'm sure some of you already know this…however there is probably some that don't.

God bless you all! And may the Holy Spirit guide you!

Amen. As most people know I have been known to be a die-hard debater on here. But I've recently lost alot of my “spark” for debate. I was into the “pre-existence” thread when it hit me: “What am I doing?!?” I'd much rather learn and let God show me things rather than debate things. For instance, God has convinced me that Yeshua is NOT God and that like the scriptures said, he was to be like Moses. Moses was a man, Yeshua is a man. I do not know exactly what form he is now but I don't think that matters.

If I get stuck on debating things I already know, what am I accomplishing? I can't move forward because I'm letting myself get stuck in order to “convince” others of what I personally believe. That is why I've not been posting much. I'm into learning not debating at this phase of my spiritual journey.

There are many people on here accusing me of “following the letter” instead of the Spirit. To say this would assert that you know my heart when you do NOT. As I study the Tanach — mostly the Torah, the first 5 books of the Bible — I'm learning so much that is helping me shed much of the guilt of legalism!

You see, as I do study these things I realize more and more of what Yeshua was preaching against. What was happening at his time was that certain teachers of the Jewish faith were applying their own set of oral traditions and interpretations of how the Torah was to be observed. If you have ever been in a legalist church you can get an idea. So Christians today can still do what many of the Pharisees of Yeshua's time were doing — making people observe the law in their way, not God's way.

Seek God's way!

LG&LP,
    Kevin

martian
    Participant

Quote (IM4Truth @ Nov. 03 2007,02:34)
    Martian Since you study in the Hebrew Bible do you belief that Jesus has come in the flesh and died for us, was resurrected and sits now at the right hand with the Father on His throne?

Peace and Love Mrs.

I do believe that Jesus came in the flesh, is the literal son of God, dies as all mortals die and physically rose from the grave. He sits on the thrown and has been given all authority in heaven and earth.

martian
    Participant

Quote (IM4Truth @ Nov. 03 2007,02:34)

Peace and Love Mrs.

I might point out that the concept that the Hebrew Bible is in some way different or less accurate then our English translations is a falsie concept. In fact it is the same bible though in most cases more accurate in it's original language and understod from the culture in which it was written.

IM4Truth
    Participant

Kevin In Love there is no guilt, so how come you were caring that guilt around if you loved God? We have baggage that we bring in from were ever we came out of, but guilt?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 227 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account