Exposing the king james bi” bel.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 144 total)
  • Author
    BrandonIke
    Participant

wow, that's amazing, eliyah. thanks. i heard it and yes it does. that goes against the pronunciation instruction i saw here http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=gad

david
    Participant

Good point Brandon.

In some dictionaries such as the one brandon visited, “gad” is prounced with the soft “a” sound, like “tad,” or “lad,” or “bad.”

But even if “gad” were prounced “gawd,” what does that prove?

You guise (guys) have and awed (odd) way of reasoning.

does
    baal=bail (bucked handle) or does
    baal=bale (bundle of hay)

No. It doesn't.

david.

Eliyah
    Participant

David, Did you really look into a Strongs Exaustive Concordance at that word “” gawd ” 1409 and guwd 1464 and how it connects with all modern ( English, German, Danish, Swedish) words that WERE ADOPTED FOR THE CREATOR'S NAME???

David, WHY did You NOT answer my questions in the Baal Gad Topic??

Ps. I will put that Article up tonight on christianity and satan's influience for Idolatry, and modern BULL WORSHIP .

david
    Participant

Elijah. Go look in your baal gad thread. I went through everything you said in your first post about baal gad. I picked it apart and there was nothing there.

Go read it over.

david.

Eliyah
    Participant

David, you ” picked ” nothing apart, you gave ONE of the words “” gawd “”=Strongs 1409, and I have proven its connection and that its pronounciation is the same as “” g-d “”, which is the Babylonian WHORE of Revelation's words that is used today for a worship title.

Go re-read the Article called “” THE DEVICES OF SATAN “” too.

david
    Participant

DO YOU EVEN HEAR WHAT YOU'RE SAYING? Please stop saying they are pronounced the same, as though that means anything at all.
    Oh, they're pronouced the same. Yes, you've said that about 20 times.
    So?
    Look up the word: homonyms.

You say I picked nothing apart, but only gave one of the words…..

OK, then explain the following post, which was several days ago:
    (I'm going to edit it down a little)

David wrote:
    “This is in responce to Elijah's very first posting of Baal Gad. I've tried to go through everything he said.

ISAIAH 65:11
    ““But YOU men are those leaving Jehovah, those forgetting my holy mountain, those setting in order a table for the god of Good Luck [Gad] and those filling up mixed wine for the god of Destiny.”

(The KJV used the word “troop” in translating Gad. This is one possible definition of “gad,” but I’m not sure it makes sence here. (*See Easton's 1897 Bible Dictionary definition of gad below)

ELIJAH,

I WANT YOU TO READ OVER THE FOLLOWING VERY CAREFULLY. THEN, READ IT OVER AGAIN. THEN, READ THE SCRIPTURES THAT ARE QUOTED AND FIND OUT WHAT “BAAL” MEANS IN THE BIBLE.

THE WORD: “baal”
    In the Scriptures, the Hebrew word bá`al is employed with reference to
    (1) a husband as owner of his wife (Ge 20:3);
    (2) landowners (Jos 24:11, ftn);
    (3) “owners of the nations” (Isa 16:8, ftn);
    (4) “confederates” (literally, “owners [masters] of the covenant”) (Ge 14:13, ftn);
    (5) owners or possessors of tangibles (Ex 21:28, 34; 22:8; 2Ki 1:8, ftn);
    (6) persons or things having something that is characteristic of their nature, manner, occupation, and the like, for example, an archer (literally, “owner of arrows”) (Ge 49:23), a “creditor of the debt” (literally, “owner of a debt of his hand”) (De 15:2), “anyone given to anger” (literally, “owner of anger”) (Pr 22:24), “judicial antagonist” (literally, “owner of judgment”) (Isa 50:8, ftn);
    (7) Jehovah (Ho 2:16);
    (8) false gods (Jg 2:11, 13).

THE WORD: HabBaal
    The term habBá`al (the Baal) is the designation applied to the false god Baal. The expression habBe`aliḿ (the Baals) refers to the various local deities thought of as owning or possessing and having influence over particular places.

JEHOVAH REFERRED TO AS: Baal
    At times in Israel’s history Jehovah was referred to as “Baal,” in the sense of his being the Owner or Husband of the nation. (Isa 54:5)
    NOW ELIJAH, SINCE THE WORD BAAL IS OFTEN USED TO MEAN: “OWNER” AS SHOWN ABOVE, WHAT IS THE PROBLEM WITH JEHOVAH AS BEING REFERRED TO AS “BAAL” (OWNER) IN THIS INSTANCE? Also, the Israelites may have improperly associated Jehovah with Baal in their apostasy. The latter appears to be borne out by Hosea’s prophecy that the time would come when Israel, after going into and being restored from exile, would repentantly call Jehovah “My husband,” and no more “My owner” (“My Baal,” AT). The context suggests that the designation “Baal” and its associations with the false god would never again pass the lips of the Israelites. (Ho 2:9-17) The bad connotation that appears to have become attached to the Hebrew word bá`al because of its association with the degraded worship of Baal is thought by some to be the reason the writer of Second Samuel used the names “Ish-bosheth” and “Mephibosheth” (bósheth means shame) instead of “Eshbaal” and “Merib-baal.”—2Sa 2:8; 9:6; 1Ch 8:33, 34

BAAL GAD
    Each locality had its own Baal, and the local Baal was often given a name denoting his being attached to a specific locality. For instance, the Baal of Peor (Baal-peor), who was worshiped by Moabites and Midianites, took his name from Mount Peor. (Nu 25:1-3, 6) The names of these local Baals later came to be transferred through a figure of speech (metonymy) to the localities themselves, as, for example, Baal-hermon, Baal-hazor, Baal-zephon, Bamoth-baal. However, although there were many local Baals, officially, among the Canaanites, it was understood that there was actually just one god Baal.
    (Báal-gad) [Owner of Gad (Good Fortune)].
    A town in the valley plain of Lebanon at the base of Mount Hermon, on its W side. It is used to describe the most northerly point of Joshua’s conquest of the land of Canaan, as compared with the southerly point of Mount Halak in the Negeb. (Jos 11:17; 12:7; 13:5) The exact location is uncertain, but it is generally identified with Hasbaiya in the Wadi et-Teim or a site nearby.

THE WORD: GAD

DEFINITION GIVEN BY ELIJAH:
    GAD, 1.IN THE BIBLE, a son of Jacob. 2. A tribe of Israel descended from him. 3. The land where this tribe lived. GAD, gad, interj. A mild oath or expression of suprise, disgust, e.t.c., A EUPHEMISM FOR GOD. “”

This doesn’t mean the word “Gad” means God, rather, it is a euphemism for God. There are many euphemism’s for God.

euphemism
    n : an inoffensive expression that is substituted for one that is considered offensive [ant: dysphemism]

The following list was compiled using Webster's New Collegiate Dictionary, Webster's New World College Dictionary, Roget's International Thesaurus, Rodale's Synonym Finder, and other references.
    I ACTUALLY REMOVED THE ONES FOR GOD, AS THEY WERE QUITE LONG. BUT NOTICE SOME EUPHEMISMS FOR JESUS:
    * cheese
    * cheez
    * cheeze
    * gee
    * gees
    * gee whiz
    * geez
    * geeze
    * jee
    * jeepers
    * jee whiz
    * jeez
    * jeminy
    * jiminy
    * sheece
    * sheesh

SO, I GUESS CHEESE=JESUS.
    There, we've proven it.

So, what does it mean that “gad” is a euphemism for God? If “God” were a euphemism for “gad,” that may be different.

*Source: Easton's 1897 Bible Dictionary
    gad
    fortune; luck. (1.) Jacob's seventh son, by Zilpah, Leah's handmaid, and the brother of Asher (Gen. 30:11-13; 46:16, 18). In the Authorized Version of 30:11 the words, “A troop cometh: and she called,” etc., should rather be rendered, “In fortune [R.V., 'Fortunate']: and she called,” etc., or “Fortune cometh,” etc. The tribe of Gad during the march through the ilderness had their place with Simeon and Reuben on the south side of the tabernacle (Num. 2:14). The tribes of Reuben and Gad continued all through their history to follow the pastoral pursuits of the patriarchs (Num. 32:1-5). The portion allotted to the tribe of Gad was on the east of Jordan, and comprehended the half of Gilead, a region of great beauty and fertility (Deut. 3:12), bounded on the east by the Arabian desert, on the west by the Jordan (Josh. 13:27), and on the north by the river Jabbok. It thus included the whole of the Jordan valley as far north as to the Sea of Galilee, where it narrowed almost to a point. This tribe was fierce and warlike; they were “strong men of might, men of war for the battle, that could handle shield and buckler, their faces the faces of lions, and like roes upon the mountains for swiftness” (1 Chr. 12:8; 5:19-22). Barzillai (2 Sam. 17:27) and Elijah (1 Kings 17:1) were of this tribe. It was carried into captivity at the same time as the other tribes of the northern kingdom by
    Tiglath-pileser (1 Chr. 5:26), and in the time of Jeremiah (49:1) their cities
    were inhabited by the Ammonites.

(2.) A prophet who joined David in the “hold,”
    and at whose advice he quitted it for the forest of Hareth (1 Chr. 29:29; 2 Chr. 29:25; 1 Sam. 22:5). Many years after we find mention made of him in connection with the punishment inflicted for numbering the people (2 Sam. 24:11-19; 1 Chr. 21:9-19). He wrote a book called the “Acts of David” (1 Chr. 29:29), and assisted in the arrangements for the musical services of the “house of God” (2 Chr. 29:25). He bore the title of “the king's seer” (2 Sam. 24:11, 13; 1 Chr. 21:9
    ).

Before we go further, a note on the KJV which seems to be the only thing Elijah is basing any of this on, or at least, the basis for Elijah’s opening words in this thread. It’s not the most trustworthy translation. I think that has already been stated in this forum.

HOSEA 2:16
    “And it must occur in that day,’ is the utterance of Jehovah, ‘that you will call [me] My husband [ishi] and you will no longer call me My owner [baali].’”

Elijah wrote:
    “Now, when this verse with its names is correctly ” transliterated ” it [Hosea 2:16] will read thus blelow, and it is inescapable that the title name “” BAALI “” means “” LORD “”..

Well, according to the scriptures, there is about 8 things it could mean which are stated at the beginning of this thread. Which makes the most sence in the context of Hosea 2:16?

Eliha writes:
    “Now, the center reference column in the K.J.V. absolutely leaves NO DOUBT as to the true meaning of the “” title name of BAALI “”, for it means “” LORD “”, and that is exactly what people are calling YHWH=YAH( Psalms 68:4) today.”
    Whether the center reference column in the KJV says that or not, the scriptures themselves indicated what the word “baal” means. It can mean several things. Again, see above.

Next, Elijah quotes these scriptures:
    HOSEA 2:17
    ““‘And I will remove the names of the Báal images from her mouth, and they will no longer be remembered by their name.”

EXODUS 23:13
    ““And YOU are to be on your guard respecting all that I have said to YOU; and YOU must not mention the name of other gods. It should not be heard upon your mouth.”

Elijah writes:
    “Now, will you believe your own eyes, as you read the true meaning of ” BAAL=LORD” in your own K.J.V. scriptures ?”

I’m following your line of reasoning, reading everything you write several times and so far, no, I’m not putting great trust in “baal=lord” in the KJV. Although I don’t presently have a KJV, I have followed what you said.
    Elijah, I often show people the name Jehovah in their “own KJV,” at Ps 83:18. If you take what the KJV says without question, then I take it you will start using “Jehovah” as your pronunciation of God’s name.

The first 6 ways that the word “baal” is used is as some sort of “owner.” “Besides this, it is also used in connection with Jehovah (#7) and used to refer to false gods (#8)

Let’s look at it again.

HOSEA 2:16-17
    “And it must occur in that day,’ is the utterance of Jehovah, ‘that you will call [me] My husband, and you will no longer call me My owner [or, my “baal”].’ “‘And I will remove the names of the Báal images from her mouth, and they will no longer be remembered by their name.”

Elijah writes:
    “If YAH( Psalms 68:4) is going to remove and take away the title names of BAALIM =LORD and GOD=GAD out of people's mouths in the future, then should we not get an early start at doing that today? “
    Fist off, God does not equal Gad. It just doesn’t.
    Secondly, yes, Jehovah said he would remove the names of the Baal images from the Israelites.
    Next, Elijah quotes this scripture:
    JEREMIAH 23:26-27
    “How long will it exist in the heart of the prophets who are prophesying the falsehood and who are prophets of the trickiness of their own heart? They are thinking of making my people forget my name by means of their dreams that they keep relating each one to the other, just as their fathers forgot my name by means of Báal.”
    Yes, The Isrealites were turned away from pure and undefiled worship towards baal worship and this caused them to “forget” Jehovah’s name because of this baal worship.
    WHAT DOES THIS PROVE? What doesn’t it prove?

Next, Elijah writes:
    “Also, He says that He would remove the names( plural) of Balim( lord and god) out of their mouths( See also Hosea 2:16-17).”
    Yes, Jehovah would remove the names of the baal images from their mouth.
    WHAT DOES THIS PROVE? What doesn’t it prove?
    You say to check the encyclopedia britannica on the definition of “gad.”

Main Entry: 1gad
    Pronunciation: 'gad
    Function: noun
    Etymology: Middle English, spike, from Old Norse gaddr; akin to Old English geard rod — more at YARD
    1 : a chisel or pointed iron or steel bar for loosening ore or rock
    2 chiefly dialect : a long stick

Elijah writes:
    “In every place that “” Ashtoroth==Astarte==Easter” was practiced( See Ezek.8:14-18–), so was the worship of the Babylonian deity called “” Baal Gad=Lord God””( Judges 2:11,13, 1 Kings 11:33–), and it was condemned by YHWH= YAH, and it even condemned Solomon too( 1 Kings 11:6–). ”
    This statement is true except for the Baal Gad=Lord God part.
    Right, worshiping false gods is wrong. Ashtoroth, wrong. Baal, wrong. Good point.

These are the only points you make on baal gad=lord god. They seem to be a bit of a stretch.

For someone that has several forums with this topic on them, and has been studying this for years, I would think it could be proven a little more clearly and with more proof.”

THERE, I'VE RESPONDED TO YOU ON “BAAL GAD” TWICE NOW. PLEASE DON'T ASK ME TO “ANSWER YOUR QUESTION” AGAIN.

david.

Eliyah
    Participant

David, evidently you DID NOT read my responses, and the words you quoted from the Dictionary concerning “” G-d “”?

Strange you should LEAVE OUT THIS( Because you say it was TOO long??), which I will quote here.

“””

The following list was compiled using Webster's New Collegiate Dictionary, Webster's New World College Dictionary, Roget's International Thesaurus, Rodale's Synonym Finder, and other references.

Euphemisms for God:
    * ga
    * gad
    * gadfrey
    * gawd ==( NOTICE THIS == Strongs Hebrew Num.1409( Isaiah 65:11, Babylonian deity)
    * godfrey
    * gol
    * golly
    * good God
    * good gracious
    * good grief
    * good Lord
    * goodness
    * goodness gracious
    * goodness me
    * good night
    * gosh
    * gracious
    * great Scott
    * od
    * odd
    Euphemisms for oh God:

* egad
    * egads
    * yegads

Euphemisms for oh my God:

* oh my
    * oh my gawd== Strongs Hebrew Num.1409
    * oh my goodness
    * omigosh

Euphemisms for by God:

* begorra (Irish)
    * b'gosh
    * by gar
    * by George
    * by Jove
    * pardie (French)

Strange as to the REAL REASON WHY you left out that above isn't it?

Then notice I said and pointed out.

“””

Look all these up in the Strongs “” Heb.Num.1408,1409= gad=GAWD from 1413, and =gaw-dad, comp. 1464= guwd akin to 1413, and 1413 takes you back again to 1464.

You will recognize all these with the English word ” god =German of gott=guth, and the Danish and Swedish have ” gud” which you will recognize in number 1464= GUwD.

Please Type in the Number “” 1409 “” in the address below and LISTEN TO THE PRONOUNCIATION of the word “”Quote
    gawd=Strongs Hebrew number 1409 used in ( Isa.65:11)= gad of that Babylonian deity.

http://bible1.crosswalk.com/Lexicons/Hebrew/heb.cgi?

Be honest with yourself, does this word not SOUND IN PRONOUNCIATION exactly like the English ” G-D “??

I have proven this words connection to the ancient Babylonian deity whether anyone wants to admit it or not, as this explains the Idolatry worship of satan the devil that is explicitly said by Messiah and John in ( Rev.9:20; Rev.13:3-4, 8; Rev.18:2-3) through satan's deception( Rev.12:9) in the end times.

Otherwise, how could satan the devil deceive the whole world into worshipping him in the end times?

Eliyah C.

BrandonIke
    Participant

this is complicated. 3 languages can be involved: hebrew, greek, english. i speak only english fluently.

david is saying that the word “baal” was used for landowners or husbands in the hebrew text i think. eliyah, you're saying this word shouldn't be used to mean a landowner or husband?

Eliyah
    Participant

Greetings BrandonIke,

You said, “”

david is saying that the word “baal” was used for landowners or husbands in the hebrew text i think. eliyah, you're saying this word shouldn't be used to mean a landowner or husband?

No, I'm saying this word ” Baal =Lord ” should NOT be used as a noun title name INPLACE OF or SUBSTITUTE for the Name YHWH=Yah.

Please go back and re-read my first few posts on page 2 in the ” Baal Gad ” topic.

“””

WHO OR WHAT IS BAAL?

To find the answer to this question a good place to begin is using the Strong’s Hebrew Dictionary.

#1167 ba’al, bah’al; from 1166; a master; hence a husband, or (fig.) owner (often used with another noun in modification of this latter sense):- + archer, + babbler, + bird, captain, chief man, + confederate, + have to do, + dreamer, those to whom it is due, + furious, those that are given to it, great, + hairy, he that hath it, have, +horseman, husband, lord, man, + married, master, person, + sworn, they of.

Now if these were the only uses of the word baal we really couldn’t complain could we? Why? Because even Scripture reveals that YAH was a husband to Israel. (cf. Isa. 54:5; Jer. 31:32). This in Hebrew would be YAH is baal to Israel. Thus, baal is used in a good sense.

But this is not the only usage of the word base as we shall show.

#1168 ba’al, bah’al; the same as 1167; Baal, a Phoenician deity:-Baal, (plur.) Baalim.

Here we bind another Baal, a bad one, a false deity. Can we find out more about this false deity? Yes, let me quote page 1212 in the Explanatory Notes of The Scriptures:

Ba’al: This word it seems, gradually became a proper name. A similar Semitic word derives from the Aryan root Bhal, which means “to shine,” according to some. According to W. H. Roscher’s well-known lexicon of mythology, Ba’al (Bel, Belos) was the ancestral and national deity of the Semites, and says that Ba’al was the founder of Babel (Babylon), according to secular history.

He is identified with Zeus, Jupiter, Ammon, Asshur, Assur, Kronos, and Bel-Markud. Morris Jastrow, Max Müller, and W. H. Roscher all three agree: Baal is the Babylonian sun deity. The Ba’als of the nations were sun deities, and Ba’al worship means sun worship.

Quite revealing isn’t it? Now, would YAH appreciate it if we called Him after the name of a false deity? A closer look at a couple of Scriptures will answer that question easily! Let us see just what the Mind of YAH is in regards to the above question.

“And in all that I have said to you take heed. And make no mention of the name of other mighty ones, let it not be heard from your mouth,” (Ex. 23:13).

“…And make no mention of the name of their mighty ones, nor swear by them, nor serve them, nor bow down to them,” (Josh. 23:7).

YAH( Exo.15:2; Psalms 68:4) has explicitly spoken to us by the above verses of Scripture not to mention the name of the other mighty ones( deities) even to the point that they not be heard coming out of our lips.

So the answer to our question is: NO! YAH would not be pleased if we called Him by the name of any other mighty one or heathen deity! So YAH would not be pleased if we called Him Baal in the bad sense.

But how is it we can call Him Baal in a good sense and be right but yet use the same word and it be in a wrong sense and YAH’S anger burn against us? What is the answer to this apparent contradiction of YAH'S word?

To find the answer look again at Strong’s #1167. Read it again, please. Did you see the answer? It’s really simple! Notice that it says: #1167 Baal is…. (often used with another noun in modification of this latter sense.):

But what does this mean? To find the answer we need to research a few more Scriptures that will shed much needed light on the subject. The three Scriptures I want us to look at relate to a place in Syria called Baal Gad.

“Thus Joshua took all this land: the mountain country, and all the South, and all the land of Goshen, and the low country, and the desert plain, and the mountains of Yisrael and its low lands, from Mount Halag that goes up to Seir, and as far as Baal Gad in the valley of Lebanon below Mount Hermon…,” (Josh. 11:16-17).

“And these are the sovereigns of the land which Joshua and the children of Israel smote beyond the Jordan, on the west, from Baal Gad in the valley of Lebanon as far as Mount Halaq that goes up to Seir, which Joshua gave to the tribes of Israel as a Possession according to their divisions,”( Josh. 12:7).

“And the land of the Gebalites, and all Lebanon toward the sunrise, from Baal Gad below Mount Hermon as far as the entrance to Hamath,” (Josh. 13:5).

Have you noticed that in each of the above quoted texts reference is made to a place called Baal Gad? Just what and where was this place called Baal Gad? Let’s again go to the Strong’s Hebrew Dictionary for the answer.

#1171 Baal Gad, bah’al gawd; from 1168 and 1409; Baal of Fortune: Baal Gad, a place in Syria:- Baal-gad.

Now that wasn’t much of an answer was it? We still haven’t found out who or what Baal of Fortune was. Let us dig deeper to find out the truth by looking up the reference that was given under Strong’s Hebrew #1409 for more light.

#1409 gad, gawd; from 1464 (in the sense of distributing); fortune:- troop.

This SAME word ( Baal=Lord)was also substituted as a proper noun title for YAHWEH'S Name( As has been done today too) and Person during the time of Old Eliyahu The Prophet( See my Article on Eliyahu the Prophet and the Baal prophets) that you will read of in ( 1 Kings 18), and the same has happened today too.

When that word ” lord ” is used in substitute as a proper noun name for YHWH'S= Yah's true name, it is Idolatry, and violates ( Exod.20:1-7), and the same had happened to the Children of Israel during Old Eliyahu the Prophet's time( 1 Kings 18).

Thanks,

Eliyah C.

david
    Participant

Brandon, Elijah wrote:
    “No, I'm saying this word ” Baal =Lord ” should NOT be used as a noun title name INPLACE OF or SUBSTITUTE for the Name YHWH=Yah.”

When we think of the word “baal,” the thought of false gods come to mind.
    No, of course we shouldn't substituted LORD for the Almighty's name. Nor would it make much sence to substitute “baal” for Jehovah's name.

In Hosea 2:16, the word “baal” which means “owner” was used in reference to Jehovah, and since this is what Jehovah inspired to be written, one shouldn't take issue with it.

In the Scriptures, the Hebrew word bá`al is employed with reference to
    (1) a husband as owner of his wife (Ge 20:3);
    (2) landowners (Jos 24:11, ftn);
    (3) “owners of the nations” (Isa 16:8, ftn);
    (4) “confederates” (literally, “owners [masters] of the covenant”) (Ge 14:13, ftn);
    (5) owners or possessors of tangibles (Ex 21:28, 34; 22:8; 2Ki 1:8, ftn);
    (6) persons or things having something that is characteristic of their nature, manner, occupation, and the like, for example, an archer (literally, “owner of arrows”) (Ge 49:23), a “creditor of the debt” (literally, “owner of a debt of his hand”) (De 15:2), “anyone given to anger” (literally, “owner of anger”) (Pr 22:24), “judicial antagonist” (literally, “owner of judgment”) (Isa 50:8, ftn);
    (7) Jehovah (Ho 2:16);
    (8) false gods (Jg 2:11, 13).

And despite what Brandon's dictionary says, “gad” may be pronouced “god.”

does any of this prove baal gad=lord god Brandon?

Eliyah
    Participant

David, I gave the connections of “” gawd “”= Strongs 1409, but YOU purposely left it out in the other post( As it was too long you said.).

You also seem to forget that YHWH said in ( Hosea 2:16-17) that He was going to REMOVE the title NAMES OF BAALIM out of people's mouths, as that is exactly what people are calling Him today, as in the Old Prohet Eliyahu time too..

He did NOT say He was going to let them keep on calling Him names of Baalim.

Cubes
    Participant

Quote (liljon @ Sep. 13 2005,20:45)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 12 2005,22:50)

Quote (liljon @ Sep. 12 2005,13:13)
    ditto for easter, everything else i don't believe is true

Thank you liljon for showing you are openminded to search out truth for yourself. have you discovered any other falsities taught by the traditional churches?

christ born on december 25
    once saved always
    sunday is sabbath

cool, liljon. We agree on something. I'm glad!
    I think the Seventh day adventists have it right on the sabbath day.

Eliyah
    Participant

David, your Organization points out explicitly how the true name of the Creator was substituted for suragate titles, and they stress that point which I do admire.

However, then you are on here with others that do not seem to care IF His true was substituted with suragate titles or not and trying to defend against me pointing it out to people.

I wonder what a few other JWs would think about your position in doing this, and that your even associating with those of the other position?

Cubes
    Participant

Eliyah and all, just started reading the discussions in this thread. I am grateful for the exchange and contributions of all. Certainly worth looking into further to see if these things are so and if so, what do we do about it.

For one thing, I do not celebrate or acknowledge Halloween. Even the imageries are plain enough in most instances. Many christians opt to send their children to “harvest parties” or gatherings on that day at their churches. Some of these children wear custumes though of biblical personages. I've always kept mine at home and regarded the day as any other day, without acknowledgment of halloween or harvest. That's just me. The kids have never expressed or shown disappointment and have not needed reassurance. Since it is so blatantly pagan, how do we apply the Romans 14 clause of celebrating or not celebrating holidays to it? Any thoughts?

david
    Participant

There's a difference between those that try to hide God's name and substitute it with titles like LORD and GOD and you who say that lord=baal, so we shouldn't use the word “LORD” at all in reference to Jehovah.

Elijah writes:
    “You also seem to forget that YHWH said in ( Hosea 2:16-17) that He was going to REMOVE the title NAMES OF BAALIM out of people's mouths, as that is exactly what people are calling Him today, as in the Old Prohet Eliyahu time too..”

HOSEA 2:16-17
    “And it must occur in that day,’ is the utterance of Jehovah, ‘that you will call [me] My husband, and you will no longer call me My owner [baal].’ “‘And I will remove the names of the Ba´al images from her mouth, and they will no longer be remembered by their name.”

Yes, he said he was going to remove the names of the baal images from their (Israel's) mouths.
    But I don't see people calling him “baal” today, as you protest.
    I know, I know, baal=lord you say, and people call him lord, therefore people are calling him baal. Sure.

Elijah wrote:
    “However, then you are on here with others that do not seem to care IF His true was substituted with suragate titles or not and trying to defend against me pointing it out to people.”
    Elijah, I'm on here with you, Nick, Brandon, and very seldon, a couple others. I think they do care that his true name was subsituted with surogate titlses like LORD and GOD. But you say his name has been subsituted with the word “baal,” or that it's wrong to use the word “lord” because baal=lord, you say. Yes, baals were false gods. It's also a word that means “owner” in several places and it also is used in reference to Jehovah as an owner.
    Elijah, I'm on here for the same reason as you. Before we started this long baal=gad theory of yours, Nick and I were discussing a number of things.

You make it seem like I've joined forces with the people of this forum “the other position” you call it, to attack you. Rather, I'm questioning everything you say, as are they, because you're the only one saying anything.

The truth is, I see some very intriguing thoughts coming from you. It's those thoughts that compell us that need to be looked at with the most scrutiny.

Elijah, are you associating with those of the other position? While I've enjoyed sharpening up my reasoning ability, as this is a trial in futility, I am thinking of ending it. So you may go on to repeatedly repeating that baal gad=lord gad without any proof other than some obscure KJV footnotes that have been bent to the limits.
    And you will have less people questioning you.

Eliyah
    Participant

David,

First you say, “”

Yes, he said he was going to remove the names of the baal images from their (Israel's) mouths.

Then you say, “”

But I don't see people calling him “baal” today, as you protest.
    I know, I know, baal=lord you say, and people call him lord, therefore people are calling him baal. Sure.

David, Let's not get CONFUSE concerning the word ” lord ” meaning husband, and the word “” lord =baal “” as is used today in a proper noun name in substitute of YHWH'S= Yah's true Name.

The word ” lord ” is ” baal ” plain and simple, and when it is used as a proper noun name in substitute for YHWH=Yah's true name, it is Idolatry and violates ( Exod.20:1-7), this is the same situation that the Children of Israel fell into during Old Eliyahu The Prophet's Time( 1 Kings 18).

David, you say that your going to investigate this, but all i've heard from you is your BIAS against it.

And the English word ” G-d derived from German=Gott ” also has connection to the pagan “” Jupiter “” in the “” Sanskrit Language and culture “”, which means “” Libatate to invoke”” and to ” pour molten metal ” that was used in the making of idol images of the same deity, and hence the Gothic title of ” g-d “.

BrandonIke
    Participant

i did a little research. http://www.truthradio.com/JasonName.htm

“The word “God” comes from the “Common Teutonic word for a personal object of worship, formerly applicable to super-human being of heathen myth; on conversion of Teutonic races to Christianity, the term was applied to Supreme Being.” Encyclopedia Americana 1945. It also seems to have etymological relation to the Pagan deity Gott or Gud. [Gott is the German word for God.] Regardless of our ignorance of the roots of the words, the fact remains that these are terms used to refer to Pagan gods. Now while using those words in ignorance is one thing, using them just because one is unwilling to change due to tradition is another. Not knowing the ramifications, if any, I would rather not find out.”

eliyah, have you researched the encyclopedia americana 1945?

BrandonIke
    Participant

david, you were wondering before about where on tv or radio was this message given out? it appears this is an example of an internet radio website. i don't know exactly about it appearing here.

there are also public access channels on tv, i'm wondering if certain people aired information about YHWH.

BrandonIke
    Participant

YHWH the tetragrammaton.

BrandonIke
    Participant

i feel like killing them. “Secondly, by calling all the deities of the nations only by a title, it was very easy to assimilate them all, identifying all of them with the one deity, whichever you wish to identify them with. This is exactly what happened. With the solarisation of all the deities, the Sun-deity was seen as the one behind them all only having different names.” http://www.iahushua.com/ST-RP/glory.htm

nick hassan or is 1:18, COUNTER THIS NOW. THIS IS ABOMINATION!!! IF YOU THINK IT'S OK TO USE THE TITLE “God” THEN LOOK AT THE ABOVE QUOTE AND SEE HOW IT MIGHT NOT BE OK.

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 144 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account