Exodus 34:14

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tim2,
    Is this the only verse you rely on?

Tim2
    Participant

Hi Nick,

Why, do you have a problem with it?

I rely on Matthew 1:23, 21:16, 28:19, John 1:1, 1:18, 5:18, 5:23, 8:58, 10:30, 20:28, Acts 3:14-15, 5:3-4, 13:2, 20:28, Romans 9:5, 1 Corinthians 1:24, 2 Corinthians 3:17, 12:14, Titus 2:13, Hebrews 1:6-12, 2 Peter 1:18, Revelation 1:8, 1:17-18, 22:13.

Again, why won't you listen to John 20:28?

Tim

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tim2,
    Assemble your exceptions but do not forget the great facts of the bible.
    God is one.
    God has a son that He sent and filled with His Spirit.

Tim2
    Participant

Nick,

I left out some. Acts 10:36.

Revelation 17:14 and 19:16 compared with 1 Timothy 6:5, Deuteronomy 10:17, and Psalm 136:3.

Exceptions? I'd say you're making a pretty big exception to John 20:28 if Jesus isn't your God.

Tim

Cult Buster
    Participant

Joh 20:25  The other disciples therefore said unto him, We have seen the Lord. But he said unto them, Except I shall see in his hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into his side, I will not believe.
    Joh 20:26  And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you.
    Joh 20:27  Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.

Joh 20:28  And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

Joh 20:29  Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

What of those who have not seen, and will not believe?
    Are they blessed?

Joh 1:5  And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CB,
    Indeed you must believe in the Son of God and in his Father God[Jn 14.1].

Cult Buster
    Participant

NH

Hi CB,

Mar 14:61  But he held his peace, and answered nothing. Again the high priest asked him, and said unto him, Art thou the Christ, the Son of the Blessed?
    Mar 14:62  And Jesus said, I am: and ye shall see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.
    Mar 14:63  Then the high priest rent his clothes, and saith, What need we any further witnesses?
    Mar 14:64  Ye have heard the blasphemy: what think ye? And they all condemned him to be guilty of death.

Nick,
    Even the Jews understood that the Christ, the Son of the Blessed was God, that is why they accused Jesus of blasphemy. Why is it that the Jews could see, but you can't?

Jesus answered the high priest “I AM”,  and claimed to be the Son of the Blessed, whom the Jews understood to be God.

The high priest then accused Jesus of blasphemy, because He claimed to be the Christ, the Son of the Blessed and  because He used the name of God “I AM” as His own. When a man claims to be God it is blasphemy (John 10:33).

Joh 10:33  The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

Jesus could have said to the high priest, “I wasn't blaspheming, you misunderstood me, I am not claiming to be God.” But He didn't correct the high priest because Jesus was in fact confirming His deity.

Jesus was accused many times of blasphemy, of making Himself God, but never once did He try to change their perception of Him claiming deity. Jesus was and is the self existent and eternal Jehovah God. The great I AM.

Exo 3:14  And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Cult Buster @ April 11 2007,00:01)
    NH

Hi CB,

Mar 14:61  But he held his peace, and answered nothing. Again the high priest asked him, and said unto him, Art thou the Christ, the Son of the Blessed?
    Mar 14:62  And Jesus said, I am: and ye shall see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.
    Mar 14:63  Then the high priest rent his clothes, and saith, What need we any further witnesses?
    Mar 14:64  Ye have heard the blasphemy: what think ye? And they all condemned him to be guilty of death.

Nick,
    Even the Jews understood that the Christ, the Son of the Blessed was God, that is why they accused Jesus of blasphemy. Why is it that the Jews could see, but you can't?

Jesus answered the high priest “I AM”,  and claimed to be the Son of the Blessed, whom the Jews understood to be God.

The high priest then accused Jesus of blasphemy, because He claimed to be the Christ, the Son of the Blessed and  because He used the name of God “I AM” as His own. When a man claims to be God it is blasphemy (John 10:33).

Joh 10:33  The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

Jesus could have said to the high priest, “I wasn't blaspheming, you misunderstood me, I am not claiming to be God.” But He didn't correct the high priest because Jesus was in fact confirming His deity.

Jesus was accused many times of blasphemy, of making Himself God, but never once did He try to change their perception of Him claiming deity. Jesus was and is the self existent and eternal Jehovah God. The great I AM.

Exo 3:14  And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

Hi CB,
    Are you telling me that in the Jewish culture that to be called someone's son meant you were the father of that person?
    Umm

Tim2
    Participant

Nick,

For the thousandth time, the Trinity does not hold that Jesus is His own Father. It holds that the Father and the Son are the same God. If you're going to argue with us, argue with what we actually say.

Tim

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tim2,
    Of course it does not teach such ridiculous things.
    But such is the inevitable conclusion of the foolish trinity theory.
    Face it.
    Kids can see it.

Tim2
    Participant

Hi Nick,

How does it follow from, “The Father, Son, and Spirit are one God,” and “The Father is not the Son, nor the Son the Father,” that the Father is the Son?

Tim

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tim2,
    The Son is really a son and the Father really a father.
    Start again there.

Tim2
    Participant

Ok Nick,

I agree. The Son really is a son. The Father really a father. Good.

Now, how do you say the birth/begetting of the Son happened? I say it happened outside of time, so that the Son has always existed (He is the first and the last). Do you think it happened at a moment in time?

I also say that the Son was born/begotten out of the Father, so that the Son has the same nature and substance as the Father. And I fail to see how the substance of God could be divided, so I maintain that the Son and the Father share the same substance. Do you believe the Son was begotten out of the Father or out of nothing?

Tim

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tim2,
    So the Son is a true son who was with God?
    The image of God with life in himself?
    Forget the old theological substance rationalisations.

Tim2
    Participant

Hi Nick,

Yes, the Son is a true Son who was with God.
    Yes, the image of God with life in Himself? Yes.
    One thing you left out … God, yes.

Forget the old theological substance rationalizations? And agree with the 2007 Nick Hassan rationalizations? Nothing personal, but I think I'll go with the Bible and the common understanding that Athanasias, Hilary, Augustine, Aquinas, Scotus, Luther, Calvin, and now that I think about it, every Christian has had for the past 200o years.

I've answered your questions, now please answer mine. Explain how you think the Son came to be the Son?

Tim

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tim2,
    Put that lot in one room and you would have not have either unity or peace, but try and follow them in their various diversions from truth if you can.
    The monogenes Son was begotten of God Himself in the beginning and was with God.
    God was not the Word.

Tim2
    Participant

Hi Nick,

Yes, they would disagree with each other. But not about this. Maybe that should tell you something.

He was begotten in the beginning? Actually it says He was in the beginning.

God was not the Word? Actually it says the Word was God.

Tim

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tim2,
    But you keep telling us God is the Word and God died.
    Your God is not our Almighty Immortal God.

Tim2
    Participant

Hi Nick,

I agree. My God, Jesus, is definitely not your god.

Tim

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tim2,
    Jesus came to reveal the Father God to us but you missed the message?
    He did not come to proclaim himself as God but have your masters told you this?

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account