Every Knee Shall Bow And Confess to God!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 938 total)
  • Author

Every Tongue Shall Confess…

Truly every knee shall bow and every tongue will confess that Jesus is Lord!

Jesus the Lord from heaven left us with these comforting words.

Matt
    11:25 At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.

Jesus thanked the Father that he has hidden the things of God from the wise and the prudent and revealed them unto babes, the innocent and pure in heart.

He also said….

Mk 4:
    11 And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables:
    12 That seeing they may see, and not perceive; and hearing they may hear, and not understand; lest at any time they should be converted, and their sins should be forgiven them.

Of course the word mystery in vrs 11 is musterion, which means;

1) hidden thing, secret, mystery
    a) generally mysteries, religious secrets, confided only to the initiated and not to ordinary mortals
    b) a hidden or secret thing, not obvious to the understanding

It’s the same word used in the following scriptures…

Matt  13:11, Luk 8:10, Rom 11:25, Rom 16:25, I Cor 2:7, ICor 4:1, ! Cor 13:2, I Cor 14:2, 1 Cor 15:51, Eph 1:9, Eph 3:3, Eph 3:4, Eph 3:9, Eph 5:32, Eph 6:19, Col 1:26, Col 1:27, Col 2:2, Col 4:3, 2 Th 2:7, I Tim 3:9, I Tim 3:16,  Rev 1:20, Rev 10:7.

Many of us believe that we have a clear understanding of the truth concerning the Gospel of Jesus Christ, even a perfect and clear understanding of God.

The Apostles seem to think differently.

As you can see the word mystery means a hidden thing.

As I have been on this sight and had much discussion about the things of God especially the mysterious nature of God, and I don’t hesitate to use the word mysterious, because the Apostles and Jesus used the word, I have learned so much.

I thank God for this. And thank those like t8 and NH and Is 1:18 and Oxy, and M42 and 94 and Cubes and AP and many others
    I have had dialogue with who I don’t question a minute(although at times I may) their Salvation and relationship with God.

I have also come to realize by experience that the Mysterys of the Kingdom are hidden to all those without a pure heart, Including myself, and no matter how much discussion we have or dialogue, we will never understand without the Spirit of truth to reveal the Mysterys.

A man can be Saved and still be deceived. In know way am I saying that I have all truth, not by far.

But I have a pure heart as I am sure many here do.

Before God I have prayed and put a lot of study and energy into my post here.

But for now I feel like the Lord wants me to lay back for awhile.

If I have offended any I beg your forgiveness, because before God I would not intentionally do that.

NH I despise your doctrine, and Im sure you do mine. But I want you to know that you have pushed me closer to God. I thank God for your desire to speak only what you see as truth. I cant agree with you but I appreciate your tenacity.

Anyway as I was praying and meditating about Honour to Jesus, the scripture came to me in Phil 2 and this is what the Lord showed me.

Right after the famous Trinitarian scripture that Jesus was in the form of God, Paul inspired by the Holy Spirit writes this…

Phil 2:
    2:9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
    2:10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
    2:11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Paul was quoting Isa 45:23 and ascribing Jesus name to it..

I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.

Isa 45:23 is proceeded by 45:21 and 22 which says…

21 Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time?, have not I the LORD? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me.
    22 Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.

Without question Paul believes that Yeshua Jesus is the Lord from heaven, YHWH.

And to veryify his claim he quotes it again….

Rom 14:11
    For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.

This time he uses the word God [Theos].

And surely every knee shall confess to God, Jesus to the Glory of his Father whom he is One with.

These things are hidden from the wise and the prudent. But if a man will search the scriptures with a pure heart he will find many hidden treasures concerning God and his Kingdom.

Jn 5:39
    39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
    40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

And so back to Matt 11…Jesus goes on to make a profound and amazing statement that only God could claim…

11:26 Even so, Father: for so it seemed good in thy sight.
    11:27 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.
    11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
    11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
    11:30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Jesus says come unto ME ALL YE that labour and are heavy laden. Who but God could hear and receive and bear the burdens of all the saints.

COME UNTO ME

I can hear many of you already typing, but I am sorry I can not at this time respond.

So I leave you with this.

I pray the Father will bless you and the Son will keep you and the Holy Spirit will guide and lead you.

In the Name of Jesus. Amen.

Farewell. Love In Christ. Keith  :)

Cubes
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Jan. 24 2007,13:14)
    I can hear many of you already typing, but I am sorry I can not at this time respond.

So I leave you with this.

I pray the Father will bless you and the Son will keep you and the Holy Spirit will guide and lead you.

In the Name of Jesus. Amen.

Farewell. Love In Christ. Keith  :)

Hi WJ,

I've enjoyed posting with you and shall miss you and the interaction (It was through responding to your posts that the Lord opened my eyes to Genesis 15f, in ways I hadn't quite understood before)…  

Hope your absence won't be long and much more so that:

Eph 1:17 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:

Col 1:10 That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God;

2Pe 1:2  Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of GOD, and OF Jesus our Lord, 3  According as HIS divine power hath given unto us all things that [pertain] unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of HIM that hath called us to glory and virtue: Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

Now I hope you do not mind that I strongly disagree with the doctrinal conclusions you've made above which I believe to sincerely misinterpret and misrepresent the intent and message of the gospel of the One God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ who is preached by Christ, the prophets and apostles.  

Jesus is made Lord over all creation and is Lord to the glory of HE who made him Lord.  May we know the Father and his son as THEY ought to be known and give glory to God.

Blessings.
     :)  :)

As I went to bed last night I remembered David and how hes been very tenacious on this sight to also find truth.

Thanks David.

God Bless Keith

Cubes
    Participant

And WJ,

I feel to tell you that I speak specifically of the Trinity and not to your love for God or concerning other matters of the scriptures.  I feel the first commandment is fundamental to being the children of God through Christ so make no excuses for it (or else I would be a universalist who believed in various Gods and the way to them.  The way to my God is through the Son of God, Yeshua, not through a Trinity Son-father… you see). I feel that worshipers of the Trinity fall in the category of those in Paul's day who worshiped the “Unknown” God.  After all as you say, he is a mystery and the gropings in the darkness by Trinitarians have found him to be a “Trinity,” rather than the Father, whom they fervently worship the best they know how.  Were the greeks right?

Paul had not attained, he too groped in the dark and as we, he dimly saw and looked to the day when he shall see much more clearly…, but like Paul and the apostles we know this much, that God is not “unknown” in the sense the greeks meant, that he is not a “trinity” in the way Trinitarians claim.  We know this much because it is written:  that the true God is one, and that he is the God and Father of our firstborn brother and Lord Jesus Christ, our hope of glory.  Therefore, our Father too, being that we are born of the same spirit by which he sired his son (John 3).  Yes, our hope of glory.

Big difference between the Father and a Trinity, between the son and a Trinity.  Still, as Paul loved those greeks and wanted to impart the truth to them so that they too may grow even closer to God through his beloved son, we do the same with all prayers to God to that end.

Now I invite you to please go over Acts 17 again with me, if you don't mind.

Remain built up in Christ.

Hello

One Last thought!

Make no mistake.

My confession that their are many things to yet be understood about God, Mysterys, is not a confession of weakness concerning my trinitarian views. My faith in The One God, Father, Son and Holy Ghost is unshakeable.

The Mystery of the Gospel begins in every believer who accepts Christ and his eyes are opened to see the truth, but it dosnt end there.

Those who refuse to see that we only know in part and that God is far above our finite understanding are decieved into thinking they can understand God and the scriptures by their intellect.

Eph 3:
    8 Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;
    9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:
    10 To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,
    11 According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:
    12 In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him.
    13 Wherefore I desire that ye faint not at my tribulations for you, which is your glory.
    14 For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
    15 Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,
    16 That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;
    17 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,
    18 May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;
    19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

Blessings :)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    A million inferences do not make one fact.
    God is one
    God has a Son.
    Life is in the Son.
    May God build true faith in your heart.
    Lovely words cubes.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    Your logic goes.

According to tradition Jesus is God.
    Therefore worshipping Jesus is worshipping God.
    Therefore worship Jesus.

We do not serve tradition or logic because of the obvious folly that comes from such an approach.

Cubes
    Participant

ACTS 17:  WHO IS THE UNKNOWN GOD?

Act 17:1   Now when they had passed through Amphipolis and Apollonia, they came to Thessalonica, where was a synagogue of the Jews:  
    Act 17:2   And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures,  
    Act 17:3   Opening and alleging, that Christ must needs have suffered, and risen again from the dead; and that this Jesus, whom I preach unto you, is Christ.  
    Act 17:4   And some of them believed, and consorted with Paul and Silas; and of the devout Greeks a great multitude, and of the chief women not a few.  
    Act 17:5   But the Jews which believed not, moved with envy, took unto them certain lewd fellows of the baser sort, and gathered a company, and set all the city on an uproar, and assaulted the house of Jason, and sought to bring them out to the people.  
    Act 17:6   And when they found them not, they drew Jason and certain brethren unto the rulers of the city, crying, These that have turned the world upside down are come hither also;  
    Act 17:7   Whom Jason hath received: and these all do contrary to the decrees of Caesar, saying that there is another king, [one] Jesus.  
    Act 17:8   And they troubled the people and the rulers of the city, when they heard these things.  
    Act 17:9   And when they had taken security of Jason, and of the other, they let them go.  
    Act 17:10   And the brethren immediately sent away Paul and Silas by night unto Berea: who coming [thither] went into the synagogue of the Jews.  
    Act 17:11   These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.  
    Act 17:12   Therefore many of them believed; also of honourable women which were Greeks, and of men, not a few.  
    Act 17:13   But when the Jews of Thessalonica had knowledge that the word of God was preached of Paul at Berea, they came thither also, and stirred up the people.  
    Act 17:14   And then immediately the brethren sent away Paul to go as it were to the sea: but Silas and Timotheus abode there still.  
    Act 17:15   And they that conducted Paul brought him unto Athens: and receiving a commandment unto Silas and Timotheus for to come to him with all speed, they departed.  
    Act 17:16   Now while Paul waited for them at Athens, his spirit was stirred in him, when he saw the city wholly given to idolatry.  
    Act 17:17   Therefore disputed he in the synagogue with the Jews, and with the devout persons, and in the market daily with them that met with him.  
    Act 17:18   Then certain philosophers of the Epicureans, and of the Stoicks, encountered him. And some said, What will this babbler say? other some, He seemeth to be a setter forth of strange gods: because he preached unto them Jesus, and the resurrection.  
    Act 17:19   And they took him, and brought him unto Areopagus, saying, May we know what this new doctrine, whereof thou speakest, [is]?  
    Act 17:20   For thou bringest certain strange things to our ears: we would know therefore what these things mean.  
    Act 17:21   (For all the Athenians and strangers which were there spent their time in nothing else, but either to tell, or to hear some new thing.)  
    Act 17:22   Then Paul stood in the midst of Mars' hill, and said, [Ye] men of Athens, I perceive that in all things ye are too superstitious.  
    Act 17:23   For as I passed by, and beheld your devotions, I found an altar with this inscription, TO THE UNKNOWN GOD. Whom therefore ye ignorantly worship, him declare I unto you.  
    Act 17:24   God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;  
    Act 17:25   Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;  
    Act 17:26   And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;  
    Act 17:27   That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:  
    Act 17:28   For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.  
    Act 17:29   Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.  
    Act 17:30   And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:  
    Act 17:31   Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by [that] man whom he hath ordained; [whereof] he hath given assurance unto all [men], in that he hath raised him from the dead.  
    Act 17:32   And when they heard of the resurrection of the dead, some mocked: and others said, We will hear thee again of this [matter].  
    Act 17:33   So Paul departed from among them.  
    Act 17:34   Howbeit certain men clave unto him, and believed: among the which [was] Dionysius the Areopagite, and a woman named Damaris, and others with them.  

NickHassan
    Participant

Yes cubes,
    Act 17:18 Then certain philosophers of the Epicureans, and of the Stoicks, encountered him. And some said, What will this babbler say? other some, He seemeth to be a setter forth of strange gods: because he preached unto them Jesus, and the resurrection.

Those who lived in idolatry thought Jesus was a new deity.
    Something ironic about that.
    The new idolatry of trinity also seems to find a new God in Jesus.

Cubes
    Participant

The Unknown God.  Acts 17

A few things to touch on

• So for three Sabbath days in Thessalonica, Paul was in the synagogue of the JEWS (not atheists) reasoning with them OUT OF THE SCRIPTURES.  About what?   Christ is God?  God has been discovered as a Trinity?  Not!  Instead here is what he was telling them:  Christ must suffer, must rise again from the dead.  THIS JESUS IS THE CHRIST!

Act 17:3   Opening and alleging, that Christ must needs have suffered, and risen again from the dead; and that this Jesus, whom I preach unto you, is Christ.  

So then WHO and WHAT IS CHRIST?  There is an existing thread for that discussion, however the following is clear enough:  Mat 16:13 When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?….But whom say ye that I am?  
    Mat 16:16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.  
    Mat 16:17   And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed [it] unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.    

The Christ, son of the Living God. The anointed son of the Living God:  Is 61 and Luke 4:17f to list but two sources out of many.

Acts 17:16   Now while Paul waited for them at Athens, his spirit was stirred in him, when he saw the city wholly given to IDOLATRY.
    Act 17:17   Therefore DISPUTED he in the synagogue with the Jews, and with the devout persons, and in the market daily with them that met with him.  
    Act 17:18   Then certain philosophers of the Epicureans, and of the Stoicks, encountered him. And some said, What will this babbler say? other some, He seemeth to be a setter forth of strange gods: because he preached unto them Jesus, and the resurrection.

“He seemeth to be a setter forth of strange gods…”  how many times have we been accused by the Trinitarians of   polytheism when it is they who insist “three distinct persons” is our one Living God and Father of Jesus Christ.  

So now just what exactly did Paul say to the Athenians regarding the Unknown God?  Acts 17:22-32 (previous post).  

He made heaven and earth and all the things therein (through Christ, the firstborn of creation and the resurrection); he does not dwell in temples made with hands nor is he worshipped through such; he gives life, breath and all things to us all (including what is given to the heir of all things who was given to have life in himself, and who was raised from the dead by the Spirit of God).

We know that Paul is speaking of God and was not referring to Jesus as God because previous verses including verse 31 make it clear that Christ is the MAN ordained BY GOD (HEBREWS) to judge the world in righteousness, and to bring assurance to us all of the promise of the resurrection.  In fact Paul goes on to say elsewhere that if Christ be not risen, then of all men, those of us who have believed in God through Christ to that end are the most to be pitied.  

Why?

What need has God of a resurrection?  Does God die?  Why is he called the Living God if he dies or ever died? Why are we told that the Father would not leave the soul of his anointed in sheol or his body see corruption?  And why are we given a similar promise concerning our hope of resurrection in Christ?  

Is Yeshua God or some kind of a triune being aka Trinity God?  Not according to the scriptures.

Cubes
Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 25 2007,03:21)
Yes cubes,

Those who lived in idolatry thought Jesus was a new deity.
Something ironic about that.
The new idolatry of trinity also seems to find a new God in Jesus.

Yes, Nick. Still, the unknown God.
And the unknown son of God

kenrch
Participant

Mat 16:16 And Simon Peter answered and said, “Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God”.

And what did Jesus say:

Mat 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Bar-Jonah: “for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my 'Father' who is in heaven”.

NickHassan
Participant

Hi kenrch,
The Father is in heaven.
Peter was on earth.
Connection?
The Spirit of God.

david
Participant

I thank God for this. And thank those like t8 and NH and Is 1:18 and Oxy, and M42 and 94 and Cubes and AP

I was beginning to feel left out, WJ. But I thank you for remembering me.

As I went to bed last night I remembered David and how hes been very tenacious on this sight to also find truth.

Thanks David.

God Bless Keith

Did he say why he was leaving?

NickHassan
Participant

Hi david,
He despised doctrines that he was not founded on.

kenrch
Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 25 2007,01:43)
Hi kenrch,
The Father is in heaven.
Peter was on earth.
Connection?
The Spirit of God.

Amen Nick,

But my point was the Father revealed to Peter that Jesus is the SON of the living God and not God the Father.

“Behold this is My Son in whom I'm well Pleased”!

NickHassan
Participant

Amen kenrch,
and to so believe is a sign of presence of the indwelling Spirit.

Proclaimer
Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Jan. 25 2007,03:14)
Every Tongue Shall Confess…

Truly every knee shall bow and every tongue will confess that Jesus is Lord!

Now for the understanding.

I will let scripture interpret scripture.

1 Corinthians 8:6
yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.

Ephesians 4:4-6
4 there is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called
5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism;
6 one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.

So as we can see, The Father is God and Jesus is Lord.

And the true confession is that Jesus is Lord and this confession is to the glory of God the Father.

Philippians 2:11
and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

1 Corinthians 12:3
Therefore I tell you that no one who is speaking by the Spirit of God says, “Jesus be cursed,” and no one can say, “Jesus is Lord,” except by the Holy Spirit.

Romans 10:9
That if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Saying that Jesus is God is against scripture. Quoting scriptures that say Jesus is Lord and making out that this somehow makes Jesus God is false thinking and false teaching.

So if anyone believes that Jesus is Lord, then he believes this because of the Spirit of God.

This is the real reason certain men try to convince people to believe that Jesus Christ is God. Because believing such a thing means that you could not possibly believe that Jesus is Lord.

Proof? Try this:

Acts 2:36
“Therefore let all Israel be assured of this: God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ.”

So God made him Lord. This cannot be reconciled with the argument that Jesus is YHWH. The other scriptures above confirm this.

If you have ears to hear then listen.

The Lord God is one God.
For us, there is one God the Father.
For us, there is one Lord Jesus Christ.
God made Jesus both Lord and Christ.

It is simple to understand, but only difficult for those who believe otherwise. Even a child can easily comprehend that God is the Father and the Lord is the son and Christ.

Cubes
Participant

Amen, t8.
So clear.

Proclaimer
Participant

Thanks Cubes.

It is great to know that there are dear brothers and sisters who can hear what the scriptures tell us.

:)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 938 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account