Eternal torment

Viewing 2 posts - 501 through 502 (of 502 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi seekingtruth:

Thanks for your post:

I believe that this is the way that I understand this subject:

God will not quench the fire that is why the scripture states that it is “unqenchable fire”.

, until the consumption of the item being burned, and to the torment of the wicked, until all has been paid

The punishment of the wicked will be according to their works, but no, I don't believe that they will be tormented for an eternity.

Taking a look at some scriptures which may help us understand this from God's wrath against Jerusalem in the Babylonian Captivity:

Isa 34:8 For [it is] the day of the LORD'S vengeance, [and] the year of recompences for the controversy of Zion.

Isa 34:9 And the streams thereof shall be turned into pitch, and the dust thereof into brimstone, and the land thereof shall become burning pitch.
    Isa 34:10 It shall not be quenched night nor day; the smoke thereof shall go up for ever: from generation to generation it shall lie waste; none shall pass through it for ever and ever.

Jer 7:20 Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, mine anger and my fury shall be poured out upon this place, upon man, and upon beast, and upon the trees of the field, and upon the fruit of the ground; and it shall burn, and shall not be quenched.
    Jer 17:27 But if ye will not hearken unto me to hallow the sabbath day, and not to bear a burden, even entering in at the gates of Jerusalem on the sabbath day; then will I kindle a fire in the gates thereof, and it shall devour the palaces of Jerusalem, and it shall not be quenched.
    Eze 20:47 And say to the forest of the south, Hear the word of the LORD; Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will kindle a fire in thee, and it shall devour every green tree in thee, and every dry tree: the flaming flame shall not be quenched, and all faces from the south to the north shall be burned therein.
    Eze 20:48 And all flesh shall see that I the LORD have kindled it: it shall not be quenched.

david
    Participant

Nick,
    I agree, I did not say all would be saved. Do you believe that God will torture people for eternity?

Me, answering for Nick; “Yes,” he does.

Viewing 2 posts - 501 through 502 (of 502 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account