Enoch, Methuselah, Lamech and Noah

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 135 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tow,
    So you actually only follow your own god which is yourself.
    You have no faith in any thing beyond youself.
    You sir are a fraud. :p

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 23 2007,21:46)
    Hi Tow,
    So you actually only follow your own god which is yourself.
    You have no faith in any thing beyond youself.
    You sir are a fraud. :p

And just because you interpret scripture in a different manner than many others, you are NOT a fraud? What makes you authentic?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tow,
    You reject the OT in favour of the OT.
    You only accept the parts of the OT that you agree with.
    You are thus only loosely connected to any written truth about God and thus on your own.

We love the revelation of God in all it's forms because we love God and His son..

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 23 2007,23:20)
    Hi Tow,
    You reject the OT in favour of the OT.

Huh?

You only accept the parts of the OT that you agree with.
    You are thus only loosely connected to any written truth about God and thus on your own.

And you only accept the parts of OT that supposedly predict Jesus yet to do so you must throw out the true context of the passages. How is what I do any worse than what you do?

We love the revelation of God in all it's forms because we love God and His son..

Then you would see that Jesus is not in Tanakh.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tow,
    No words in the OT are proven true to you so how can you judge these matters?

Towshab
    Participant

Because my relationship with G-d does not require your approval.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tow,
    Quite so but you have joined the ignorant masses that believe they can set up a personal relationship with their Creator.

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 23 2007,23:46)
    Hi Tow,
    Quite so but you have joined the ignorant masses that believe they can set up a personal relationship with their Creator.

This has to be a classic. You just said that anyone who desires to have a personal relationship with G-d is ignorant.

Towshab
    Participant

Are you an atheist pretending to be a Christian, Stu? I mean, Nick?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tow,
    You are correct that no man can make his own way to a renewed relationship with the Father.
    Jesus is the way and the truth and the life and you must be reborn of water and the Spirit.
    No Israelite would tolerate your ignorant picking over their sacred book to select some truths.
    Some may not accept all the books of the OT but all cherish every word within the books they do.

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 26 2007,02:09)
    Hi Tow,
    You are correct that no man can make his own way to a renewed relationship with the Father.
    Jesus is the way and the truth and the life and you must be reborn of water and the Spirit.

Not so according to Tanakh. Show me where this is supported in the Hebrew scriptures.

No Israelite would tolerate your ignorant picking over their sacred book to select some truths.
    Some may not accept all the books of the OT but all cherish every word within the books they do.

As do I. Just because I do not believe that G-d ordered the slaughter of people including children, or believe in many of the miracles that were supposedly performed does not mean I do not cherish Tanakh.

You keep believing it has to be an “all or nothing” deal. As I've already said, I encourage you to treat all things in your life this way if you think this is what must be. If you have a wife, toss her out if she has any flaws. Children have flaws? Kick them out. Car have a blemish? Junk it. House not perfect? Sell it.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tow,
    God does now expect perfection of men.
    He has sent His son in the likeness of sinful man and by God's grace he has perfectly fulfilled the Law according to God, if not you.
    Now all men are offered the same saving grace to enable them too to satisfy the will and expectations of God.
    The yoke is easy and the burden light.

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 26 2007,12:24)
    Hi Tow,
    God does now expect perfection of men.

Really? I wonder how many of your own brethren will admit to perfection. You're getting off into la-la land.

He has sent His son in the likeness of sinful man and by God's grace he has perfectly fulfilled the Law according to God, if not you.

So not only Jesus was perfect but others can be perfect as well? Ah, the delusions are kickin' in.

Now all men are offered the same saving grace to enable them too to satisfy the will and expectations of God.
    The yoke is easy and the burden light.

So this all equals some sort of perfection?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tow,
    The roles given are small and the work is done by God through us.
    We do not to produce a return on the investment made in us.
    Only later will we know when and how he has used his lesser servants.

The firts priority is to seek the kingdom as Mat 6 tells us.

But the will of God is kindly and we can fulfill it perfectly, or well or acceptably so long as we are not idle and unavalable to serve.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 27 2007,12:37)
    Hi Tow,

But the will of God is kindly and we can fulfill it perfectly, or well or acceptably so long as we are not idle and unavalable to serve.

This is mental slavery. Or actual slavery. Still, scripture is quite clear about what you may do with slaves, so I shouldn't be surprised.

Stuart

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Jan. 05 2008,06:42)

Hi Tow,

This is mental slavery. Or actual slavery. Still, scripture is quite clear about what you may do with slaves, so I shouldn't be surprised.

Stuart

You're right Stu. People take scripture and think every bit of it applies today.

Do you know why the Southern Baptists split off from the main Baptists early in their history? They wanted to keep slaves and saw the bible as supporting this right.

Some primitive minds will never be enlightened.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Towshab @ Jan. 06 2008,00:04)

Hi Tow,

Stuart

You're right Stu. People take scripture and think every bit of it applies today.

Do you know why the Southern Baptists split off from the main Baptists early in their history? They wanted to keep slaves and saw the bible as supporting this right.

They were no slaves in the OT that you declare to be the only truth?

What is you choice today? Who will be your master? You have a boss…you are a slave! Your boss has a boss and is a slave! Either we are slaves to God or Satan. You have a choice as to WHO you will serve. But that's it! :D

Only God has no master!

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ Jan. 05 2008,10:49)

Hi Tow,

Stuart

What is you choice today? Who will be your master? You have a boss…you are a slave! Your boss has a boss and is a slave! Either we are slaves to God or Satan. You have a choice as to WHO you will serve. But that's it! :D

Only God has no master!

I never said Tanakh didn't have slavery in it. As I said, only primitive and closed minds still accept every thing in the various religious writings as still applicable today.

Son of Light
    Participant

Quote (Towshab @ Jan. 06 2008,06:31)

Quote (kenrch @ Jan. 05 2008,10:49)

Hi Tow,

This is mental slavery.  Or actual slavery.  Still, scripture is quite clear about what you may do with slaves, so I shouldn't be surprised.

Stuart

What is you choice today?  Who will be your master?  You have a boss…you are a slave!  Your boss has a boss and is a slave!  Either we are slaves to God or Satan.  You have a choice as to WHO you will serve.  But that's it! :D

Only God has no master!

I never said Tanakh didn't have slavery in it. As I said, only primitive and closed minds still accept every thing in the various religious writings as still applicable today.

As if this at one time WAS applicable?

Sounds like the archon Jehovah who chose his slaves the Israelites decided to make laws on what should be done with his slaves slaves.

A good God would outright reject slavery period.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi SOL,
    So you would design a God according to your ideas of GOODNESS?
    Why do you think our awesome God owes any favours to his puny human creations?

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 135 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account