End of the road

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    dirtyknections
    Participant

Quote (Cindy @ Aug. 27 2009,20:46)

Quote (Douglas @ Aug. 26 2009,19:01)

Quote (CatholicApologist @ Aug. 26 2009,18:00)
    Hey guys,

This is probably where I need to get off the bus.  It's been a good ride while it lasted.

I'm not going to argue with anyone based on a Sola Scriptura presupposition.

Unless we can agree about the place of the Scriptures as written and intended, there is little we can accomplish here.

I pray something I said regarding the dangers of the Bible Alone will stick with you.

God love your souls!

So basically, the only point to staying around is if everyone will agree with your viewpoints?

If you truly believe in whatever you believe in, you accomplish nothing by fleeing in the face of adversity.

There's a whole mix of people here, most of whom seem to disagree with most of the rest about most things.

Don't get me wrong though, I may have been brought up Roman Catholic as a child, but I'm not at all sorry I rejected it later – and hope I'd have rejected any religion. I'm not real keen on the whole brainwashing thing, and where other people tell me what to believe and do with my life.

Good thing that you left that Church, so did we, my Husband and I.  You are right you can't tell a Catholic what is right and wrong.  Their believe is that they are the only true Church.  Boy am I going to be glad when Christ comes back to straighten all out.  No more confusion on anything. Only the truth will be taught.
    Peace and Love Irene

This oughta be fun!!!! :)

Two groups who believe they are the ONLY true church of GOD arguing about who really is…hahahaha

GOD help them both (and us all)

Two groups who believe they are the ONLY true church of GOD arguing about who really is…hahahaha

Except mine was started in the first century AD by Jesus Christ and has enjoyed an unbroken line of apostolic succession.

His is a freak of the 19th century.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CA,
    Did Jesus start the catholic church so all others are false?
    I knew the smug and contemptuous superiority of catholicism would eventually surface.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CA,
    If Jesus began your denomination why have you betrayed him by denying his teachings and preferring your traditions?
    Those of the antichrist come from among us[1Jn]

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (CatholicApologist @ Aug. 28 2009,05:22)

Except mine was started in the first century AD by Jesus Christ and has enjoyed an unbroken line of apostolic succession.

David and CA,

This is precisely why I thought it would be interesting…….

Love,
    Mandy

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 28 2009,06:49)
    Hi CA,
    Did Jesus start the catholic church so all others are false?
    I knew the smug and contemptuous superiority of catholicism would eventually surface.

Nick,

Give them a break, really!

Perhaps you should give yourself a warning for calling someone, “smug”? Hmmmm?

Conversations/debates tend to actually get somewhere when you keep your spoon out of the pot! There! I said it! Geesh.

Love :;):
    Mandy

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    It is catholicism which is smug.
    rev 18
    ” I sit as a queen and not a widow and will never see mourning”

Douglas
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Aug. 28 2009,07:34)

David and CA,

Love,
    Mandy

I dispute that Jesus started Roman Catholicism – I'd attribute Jesus as being the trigger for Christianity.

Roman Catholicism in my opinion followed a little time later, and the “Roman” bit is an important clue I feel.

I would not dispute however that Roman Catholicism is a considerably older religion than plenty of newer ones, and it remains quite a successful religion (in terms of headcount). It does however seem to have accumulated a complex power structure and a lot of rituals as it has aged.

I take it that CA literally believes he eats flesh and drinks blood at Holy Communion following the process of trans-substantiation during the consecration?

Just remember, CA, you have far more common ground to stand for your beliefs here with most of the rest of the site than I do. In fact, it's mostly like I'm not even here at all… (sooner or later I'll stop dropping by I daresay)

Roman Catholicism in my opinion followed a little time later, and the “Roman” bit is an important clue I feel.

Maybe you missed it when I said that I am not a “Roman” Catholic. Even the Latin west does not officially go by this name. It is a term applied to them by Protestants.

I'm an Eastern Catholic under the Patriarch of Antioch.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CA,
    Sop who is he under?
    Jesus is the head of his church, the body of Christ.
    Entry to a denomination by human means does not join anyone to Christ

Quote (Douglas @ Aug. 27 2009,17:14)

Quote (Not3in1 @ Aug. 28 2009,07:34)

David and CA,

Love,
    Mandy

I dispute that Jesus started Roman Catholicism – I'd attribute Jesus as being the trigger for Christianity.

I would not dispute however that Roman Catholicism is a considerably older religion than plenty of newer ones, and it remains quite a successful religion (in terms of headcount). It does however seem to have accumulated a complex power structure and a lot of rituals as it has aged.

I take it that CA literally believes he eats flesh and drinks blood at Holy Communion following the process of trans-substantiation during the consecration?

Just remember, CA, you have far more common ground to stand for your beliefs here with most of the rest of the site than I do. In fact, it's mostly like I'm not even here at all… (sooner or later I'll stop dropping by I daresay)

Hi All

If everyone was honest here , some of the earliest records and writings of the Church Fathers goes way back to around 110 AD by the third Bishop of Rome which was Ignatius who was a disciple of the beloved John the closest one of the 12 to Jesus.

I am not sure about the first 2 Popes which they say the first is Peter, maybe CA can enlighten us on that.

But in all honesty we would not have a Bible if it were not for the Catholics, and he is right they seem to be the closest to the early Apostles and the original Church!

WJ

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WJ,
    POPE is from PAPA.
    We have one Father in heaven and the meandering of men into fellowship based on philosophy and speculation only isolates them from fellowship with God and His Son.[2Jn]

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 27 2009,17:33)
    Hi WJ,
    POPE is from PAPA.
    We have one Father in heaven and the meandering of men into fellowship based on philosophy and speculation only isolates them from fellowship with God and His Son.[2Jn]

Hi NH

Actually you show your lack of understanding the scriptures.

Paul claimed to be the Father of many! Study the word!

WJ

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 28 2009,07:57)
    Hi not3,
    rev 18

So we can't insult one another, but we can insult one another's religion……got it.

Thanks for clearing that up!
    ???

Douglas
    Participant

Quote (CatholicApologist @ Aug. 28 2009,09:18)

Maybe you missed it when I said that I am not a “Roman” Catholic.  Even the Latin west does not officially go by this name.  It is a term applied to them by Protestants.

Well now, not only should I apologise if I failed to pick that up, but I should thank you for telling me something I didn't know, namely that there is such a thing as Eastern Catholics.

I'm mildly curious (no more) about the key similarities and differences with the Roman (what you seem to refer to as West/Latin) Catholics and the other branches, particularly in this instance yours.

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Douglas @ Aug. 28 2009,09:45)

Quote (CatholicApologist @ Aug. 28 2009,09:18)

Maybe you missed it when I said that I am not a “Roman” Catholic.  Even the Latin west does not officially go by this name.  It is a term applied to them by Protestants.

Well now, not only should I apologise if I failed to pick that up, but I should thank you for telling me something I didn't know, namely that there is such a thing as Eastern Catholics.

I'm mildly curious (no more) about the key similarities and differences with the Roman (what you seem to refer to as West/Latin) Catholics and the other branches, particularly in this instance yours.

I'm curious, too.

My husband was raised Roman Catholic.  Maybe if he was raised Eastern Catholic, he wouldn't be so (how shall I put this?), um, anal?  Can I say “anal” on this board?   :laugh:

Love,
    Mandy

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Aug. 28 2009,09:36)

Hi not3,
    rev 18

So we can't insult one another, but we can insult one another's religion……got it.

???

Hi not3,
    Yep.
    Pulling down speculations is part of the commission.

2cor10.5

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 28 2009,09:54)

Quote (Not3in1 @ Aug. 28 2009,09:36)

Hi not3,
    rev 18

???

Hi not3,
    Yep.
    Pulling down speculations is part of the commission.

2cor10.5

Hmmmm.

We were commissioned to spread the GOOD NEWS! Were we not? We were commanded to love one another….

The fruits of the Spirit do not include insulting another's belief system – does it?

2 Corinthians 10:5 (New International Version)
    5We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.

Oh? Is this what you think you are doing? “…demolishing arguments…”. :laugh:

Goodness,
    Mandy

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Not3,
    The sword of the Spirit is to set men free from dangerous entanglements with human speculations.

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 27 2009,18:15)
    Hi Not3,
    The sword of the Spirit is to set men free from dangerous entanglements with human speculations.

NH

So of course you are the only one weilding the sword around here and the rest of us are weilding broomsticks?

WJ

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 52 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account