ENCOURAGEMENT

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    SEEKING
    Participant

Encouragement! Somethig we all need from time to time and something we can give to fellow believers. Let's take a breather from the debates and, “ENCOURAGE ONE ANOTHER.”

Encouragement can come from the word – Rom 15:4 For whatever was written in former days was written for our instruction, that through endurance and through the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope.

Encouragement can come from each other – Act 4:36 Thus Joseph, who was also called by the apostles Barnabas (which means son of encouragement) What a reputation too have! Would you like to be and encourager?

Encouragement is what we should be about – 1Th 5:11 Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing.

Can you use some encouragement? Do you have some to give? I am curious to see how quickly this thread fills
    with words of encouragement.

SEEKING
    Participant

Hello Encouragers!

I have an acquaintance who continually suggests that I be less than truthful regarding taxes, insurance claims, and Veteran's Benefits.  

The word encourages me in that our God always provides a way to remain faithful – 1Co 10:13  No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.

My wife encourages me too reminding me to avoid this person as much as possible and do what is right.  She continually warns that this person is not good to be around – 1Co 15:33  Do not be deceived: “Bad company ruins good morals.”

The faithfulness of my God and encouragement of my wife keeps me from sin!

Cindy
    Participant

Seeking We do live in an environment that is not Christian like.
    Even tho my Family does not live directly in our home, but they are constantly in our lives in a negative way. So I came here to fellowship. But was disappointed, because I mainley find
    debating here.
    So to find what you or I looking for, might not be found here. Let's wait and see. Waiting on the Lord sometimes takes time. So lets be of good courage and sing our Songs of Praise.
    Amen, Amen Amen Amen. Amen Amnen Amen. so that song goes.
    the rest you finish, cause I don't remember the lyrics.
    Peace and Love Irene
    :) :) :)

SEEKING
    Participant

Quote (Cindy @ Feb. 23 2009,08:16)
    Seeking  We do live in an environment that is not Christian like.  
    Even tho my Family does not live directly in our home, but they are constantly in our lives in a negative way. So I came here to fellowship. But was disappointed, because I mainley find
    debating here.
    So to find what you or I looking for, might not be found here. Let's wait and see. Waiting on the Lord sometimes takes time. So lets be of good courage and sing our Songs of Praise.
    Amen, Amen Amen Amen. Amen Amnen Amen. so that song goes.
    the rest you finish, cause I don't remember the lyrics.
    Peace and Love Irene
    :) :) :)

Amen to your observations! I am looking at another location to see what it offers –

http://christianforums.com/index.php

SEEKING
    Participant

SEEKING,Feb. wrote:

[/quote]
    Hello Encouragers,

Find some Encouragement here –

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivIaHyrngws

Be Blessed!

SEEKING
    Participant
    Not3in1
    Participant

Paul says we are to encourage one another with the knowledge that someday we will meet Him.  Someday we will be with Him.  There will come a time when there will be no more tears, sickness, worry and death.

Jesus has overcome the world!
    The plan is for us to follow…..

Listen for the trumpet, brother's and sister's.  Look up!!!  There He is….in the clouds!  Calling us home.  Home.

1 Thess. 416-18

16For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. 18Therefore encourage each other with these words.

Love to all,
    Mandy

SEEKING
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Feb. 23 2009,10:47)

Amen Mandy! Are you familiar with the song about His coming in the clouds? Not sure how it goes but you reminded me of it

There He is….in the clouds!

Love to you,

Seeking

Participant

Hi To All my Brothers and sisters in Christ:

Jhn 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
    Jhn 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned

2Th 2:13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:
    2Th 2:14 Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.
    2Th 2:15 Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.
    2Th 2:16 Now our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God, even our Father, which hath loved us, and hath given [us] everlasting consolation and good hope through grace,
    2Th 2:17 Comfort your hearts, and stablish you in every good word and work.

1Th 4:14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
    1Th 4:15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive [and] remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
    1Th 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
    1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive [and] remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
    1Th 4:18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

Rev 3:11 Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.

Hbr 2:17 Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto [his] brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things [pertaining] to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

SEEKING
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Feb. 23 2009,17:01)
    Hi To All my Brothers and sisters in Christ:

Jhn 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
    Jhn 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned

2Th 2:13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:
    2Th 2:14 Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.
    2Th 2:15 Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.
    2Th 2:16 Now our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God, even our Father, which hath loved us, and hath given [us] everlasting consolation and good hope through grace,
    2Th 2:17 Comfort your hearts, and stablish you in every good word and work.

1Th 4:14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
    1Th 4:15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive [and] remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
    1Th 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
    1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive [and] remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
    1Th 4:18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

Rev 3:11 Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.  

Hbr 2:17 Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto [his] brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things [pertaining] to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.  

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty,

Thanks for the encouragement and blessings to you.

Shalom,

Seeking

Blessed are the poor in spirit, theirs is the reign of the heaven
    Blessed are those who mourn, they shall be comforted
    Blessed are the meek, because they shall inherit the earth
    Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, they shall be filled
    Belssed are the compassionate, they shall obtain compassion
    Blessed are the clean in heart, they shall see Yah
    Blessed are the peacemakers, they shall be called sons of Yah
    Blessed are those persecuted for righteousness sake, theirs is the reign of heaven

Matthew 5

david
    Participant

A long time ago, I started a thread on “encouragement.” I wonder what happened to it.

Not3in1
    Participant

David,
    Encouraging your brother is not nearly as popular as “rebuking” him. Maybe start a “Rebuking” thread! I bet it would be the most popular thread here!

Yup, it's time for me to take a break. :laugh:
    My attitude is definitely in the toliet. Sorry.

Oh and by the way, I thought your post about quoting yourself was hysterical!

Love,
    Mandy

Lightenup
    Participant

My encouragment for the day, it has blessed me greatly…be encouraged!

1 Peter 5:6-11

6 Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you at the proper time, 7 casting all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you. 8 Be of sober spirit, be on the alert. Your adversary, the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. 9 But resist him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same experiences of suffering are being accomplished by your brethren who are in the world. 10 After you have suffered for a little while, the God of all grace, who called you to His eternal glory in Christ, will Himself perfect, confirm, strengthen and establish you. 11 To Him be dominion forever and ever. Amen.
    NASU

SEEKING
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Feb. 24 2009,12:04)
    To Him be dominion forever and ever. Amen

Lightenup and all other encouragers,

Thanks for the uplifting posts!!

Blessings and Peace to all,

Seeking

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Philippians 4:8
    Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things

But first encourage them to seek the kingdom.[mt6]
    There is no lasting joy outside it.

Hebrews 10:34
    For you showed sympathy to the prisoners and accepted joyfully the seizure of your property, knowing that you have for yourselves a better possession and a lasting one.

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 25 2009,08:04)
    Philippians 4:8
    Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things

Love this!
    Thank you,
    Mandy

SEEKING
    Participant

Fellow Encouragers,

Are there times when  a decision is hard to make?  Are you overwhelmed with this vast amount opinions and how they vary?  I find the following scripture from the Amplified version holds many answers to peace in the midst of the storm.

“Colossians 3:15 (Amplified Bible)
    And let the peace (soul harmony which comes) from Christ rule (act as umpire continually) in your hearts [deciding and settling with finality all questions that arise in your minds, in that peaceful state] to which as [members of Christ's] one body you were also called [to live]. And be thankful (appreciative), [giving praise to God always].

Be thankful, give praise, let Him umpire, find peace and harmony of soul!

Be blessed and favored,

Seeking

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (SEEKING @ Feb. 25 2009,14:39)
    Fellow Encouragers,

Are there times when  a decision is hard to make?  Are you overwhelmed with this vast amount  opinions and how they vary?  I find the following scripture from the Amplified version holds many answers to peace in the midst of the storm.

“Colossians 3:15 (Amplified Bible)
    And let the peace (soul harmony which comes) from Christ rule (act as umpire continually) in your hearts [deciding and settling with finality all questions that arise in your minds, in that peaceful state] to which as [members of Christ's] one body you were also called [to live]. And be thankful (appreciative), [giving praise to God always].

Be thankful, give praise, let Him umpire, find peace and harmony of soul!

Be blessed and favored,

Seeking

Hi Seeking,
    I LOVE your post here. Christ as umpire…terrific picture!

I hope this passage encourages us to take the high road:

Eph 5:6-21

6 Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of these things the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience. 7 Therefore do not be partakers with them; 8 for you were formerly darkness, but now you are Light in the Lord; walk as children of Light 9(for the fruit of the Light consists in all goodness and righteousness and truth), 10 trying to learn what is pleasing to the Lord. 11 Do not participate in the unfruitful deeds of darkness, but instead even expose them; 12 for it is disgraceful even to speak of the things which are done by them in secret. 13 But all things become visible when they are exposed by the light, for everything that becomes visible is light. 14 For this reason it says,

“Awake, sleeper,
    And arise from the dead,
    And Christ will shine on you.”

15 Therefore be careful how you walk, not as unwise men but as wise, 16 making the most of your time, because the days are evil. 17 So then do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is. 18 And do not get drunk with wine, for that is dissipation, but be filled with the Spirit, 19 speaking to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody with your heart to the Lord; 20 always giving thanks for all things in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ to God, even the Father; 21 and be subject to one another in the fear of Christ.
    NASU

11 Do not participate in the unfruitful deeds of darkness, but instead even expose them; This part can be scary…press on and take courage

LU

SEEKING
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Feb. 25 2009,14:02)
    Hi Seeking,
    I LOVE your post here.  Christ as umpire…terrific picture!

Lu,

Thank you. I am encouraged that it was helpful!

Blessings and peace,

Seeking

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account