Emperor Constantine

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 92 total)
  • Author
    terraricca
    Participant

hi to all
    Adam give a name to all creation so said the sciptures he must have smart or have some inteligence.?

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Constitutionalist @ Nov. 18 2009,02:03)

Quote (Stu @ Nov. 16 2009,23:56)
    From ADAM?

Did he write a gospel too?

Seems everyone was at it.

Stuart

Oral or writing I am sure some things were passed on, I meam look, even Noah kept records.

I'm sorry? Noah kept records?

You have read the gospel according to Noah?

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Nov. 18 2009,12:24)
    hi to all
    Adam give a name to all creation so said the sciptures he must have smart or have some inteligence.?

Did Adam name the animals in English, or have others given them different names in different languages since?

Stuart

terraricca
    Participant

hi stu
    you moking the word of God, by saying wath you said you know better.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Nov. 18 2009,16:34)
    hi stu
    you moking the word of God, by saying wath you said you know better.

That I know what better?

Stuart

terraricca
    Participant

I can' t open wath you dont want to.sorry you are on your own,

bie stu

Stu
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Nov. 18 2009,17:20)
    I can' t open wath you dont want to.sorry you are on your own,

bie stu

OK. Bye then.

Stuart

TimothyVI
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Nov. 18 2009,16:21)

Quote (terraricca @ Nov. 18 2009,12:24)
    hi to all

Did Adam name the animals in English, or have others given them different names in different languages since?

Stuart

Stu, you have got it all wrong.

Adam didn't give them species names.
    He gave them all personal names. Flying up in the sky is Josua, and there is Abraham, and look there comes George and Abemalek hopping over.

Stu
    Participant

I see, Tim. I imagine god was taking care of all the ecosystem clashes and providing microclimates for all the species not that suited to the environment present in the Garden of Eden when he brought them all “out of the ground”, but nevertheless this process of naming must have taken a long time. Apparently there are about 1,250,000 identified species of animal. This includes 1,190,200 invertebrates, among them 950,000 insects, 70,000 mollusks, 40,000 crustaceans, and 130,200 others. There are about 58,800 identified vertebrates, including 29,300 fish, 5,743 amphibians, 8,240 reptiles, 9,800 birds, and 5,416 mammals. As a comparison, almost 300,000 plant species are known.Importantly, the numbers above do not account for species which have not yet been captured or described scientifically. Scientists estimate there may be as many as 10 – 30 million unidentified insect species, many of them living in the rainforest, and up to 1 million mite species. Mites are small arthropods, a group of animals related to but not the same as insects. according to http://www.wisegeek.com/how-many-species-of-animal-are-there.htm.

At one every three seconds, that's 43 days of non-stop naming. It might disprove my claim elsewhere that there is no humour in the bible, although the naming scene would become only interesting for diehard fundies after the first half hour I'd venture. English has one of the most extensive vocabularies of any language, perhaps quarter of a million words or more. So Adam's feat in coming up with ANY word for every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air, let alone naming every living example of every living species as you are suggesting is a greater feat of stringing letters together than several centuries of the combined efforts of the anglophone world.

Did Eve subsequently name the plants? Girls never do anything in the bible, certainly they aren't begat very often, but maybe it just isn't mentioned.

I have a small palm in the study and I shall get in touch with my feminine side by naming it Gerald.

Stuart

What does this all have to do with the post title “Emperor Constantine, friend or foe”?

Quote (Stu @ Nov. 16 2009,23:56)
    From ADAM?

Did he write a gospel too?

Seems everyone was at it.

Stuart

Your taking the subject off topic.

terraricca
    Participant

well get back to the topic

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Constitutionalist @ Nov. 19 2009,05:54)
    What does this all have to do with the post title “Emperor Constantine, friend or foe”?

It was you who made the nonsense claim that Noah kept records.

How was that on-topic?

Noah is a mythological character, not a real human capable of 'keeping records'.

Stuart

terraricca
    Participant

hi stu
    i start to beiveving you are a mythological character because you ad gius like you all over in ancien egypt.
    but this does not make sense disscusing any thing with you ,you are right to your own eyes

Stu
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Nov. 19 2009,16:28)
    hi stu
    i start to beiveving you are a mythological character because you ad gius like you all over in ancien egypt.
    but this does not make sense disscusing any thing with you ,you are right to your own eyes

Is that an argument for the historicity of Noah?

He certainly did not exist in the way portrayed in scripture, and he almost certainly is an invented character, whether or not he is based on a real human being.

Stuart

georg
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Nov. 16 2009,08:31)
    hi to all
    to me constantine is the man of lawlessness,and the antichrist fortold ,he represent ,babylon the greath,in Revelation,if you
    compere the babylon ot the time of Daniel ,these are very similar.in actions that is

terraricca

Give me the scriptures you're referring too.

Georg

georg
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Nov. 19 2009,16:55)

hi stu

He certainly did not exist in the way portrayed in scripture, and he almost certainly is an invented character, whether or not he is based on a real human being.

Stuart

Stu does not believe in the bible, he just reads it so he can argue about it for fun.

Georg

Stu
    Participant

Quote (georg @ Nov. 21 2009,07:04)

Quote (Stu @ Nov. 19 2009,16:55)

hi stu

Stuart

Stu does not believe in the bible, he just reads it so he can argue about it for fun.

Georg

…which is also not an argument for the actual existence of Noah!

Stuart

terraricca
    Participant

hi georg
    i think georg you know all the verses i would quote you ,i have seen you used them in other forum,and if i have to restipulate it become repetition, i am sure if you read again the scripture in daniel 11 and 12 and revelation abode whore ,you will understand,dont mixed ,for now all the beasts ,you have to look at it one or two at the time.

wen you read it go with an open mind dont precondition your mind.

banana
    Participant

terraricca

The bible speaks of many beasts, but talks about the whore in Rev. 17 only; where do you read about the whore in Daniel 11 or 12?

Georg

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 92 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account