Elohim is plural

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 442 total)
  • Author
    Cindy
    Participant

Quote (RokkaMan @ Aug. 14 2009,05:14)
    And to be honest, I am not good at pulling direct scripture off the top of my head, the best I can do for quick posts is to paraphrase common knowledge of the scripture.

If you like I can spend the time to put together a bundle of scriptures that support Jesus' divinity and rightful place in the Godhead.

The biggest Idea is that, if he was not divine before or while on earth, then his worship and ability to forgive sins would be falsified.

And how can you not think that Jesus is not divine when all creation was made through him? lol

Who told you that Jesus is the one who forgives our Sins?
    Not so. He is our Mediator to go through Him to the Father and He is who forgives our Sins.
    Talking about being false!!!!!! Maybe you should study more to remember Scriptures. To tell you the truth I was like that too. But since I am reading more Scriptures it comes easier.
    Also if Jesus was divine when He waked the earth, He could not have died for us. He now however is divine.
    Irene

Anonymous
    Inactive

hello! I think some people need to look at Colossians 1:15,16,17 again because Jesus is not the first born of all creation. He is the first born of EVERY CREATURE! Image of the invisable God. By him all things were created,that are in Heaven and that are in earth.All things were created by Him and for Him. And Jesus is the only one who can forgive our sins. He is our Saviour and is called God our Saviour. Titus1:3 and 2;4 But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared!How about 1 John 5:20 and we know that the Son of God has come, and has given us a understanding, that we may know Him that is true,and we are in Him that is true, even in His son Jesus Christ. THIS IS THE TRUE GOD, AND ETERNAL LIFE! 1John 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, The Word and the Holy Ghost: AND THESE THREE ARE ONE! Scripture tells us everywhere that God(spirit) lives in Jesus. Who laid down His life for us? JESUS! 1John 3;16 Hereby perceive we the love of God, because He laid down His life for us. Eph.3:9 tells us all things where created by Jesus. Hebrews 12:2 tells us Jesus is the author and finisher of our faith. Job 19:25,26 For I know that my redeemer liveth,and that He shall stand at the ladder day upon the earth (which is Jesus) and 26 says and though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God. I could go on and on but I'll just add one more. Exodus 3:14 God saying to Moses: I AM THAT I AM John 8: 58 Jesus says: verily, verily i say to you, Before Abraham was, I AM! Rev. 22:13(jesus says) I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end,The first and the last! To me it's easy to understand that God is spirit that lives in Jesus(thats how we will get to see our God :job 26)and when we invite Him into our hearts he sends us the Holy spirit. What a wonderful feeling, and what a wonderful God!! God Bless!!

Cindy
    Participant

Quote (katjo @ Aug. 14 2009,15:56)
    hello! I think some people need to look at Colossians 1:15,16,17 again because Jesus is not the first born of all creation. He is the first born of EVERY CREATURE! Image of the invisable God. By him all things were created,that are in Heaven and that are in earth.All things were created by Him and for Him. And Jesus is the only one who can forgive our sins. He is our Saviour and is called God our Saviour. Titus1:3 and 2;4 But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared!How about 1 John 5:20 and we know that the Son of God has come, and has given us a understanding, that we may know Him that is true,and we are in Him that is true, even in His son Jesus Christ. THIS IS THE TRUE GOD, AND ETERNAL LIFE! 1John 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, The Word and the Holy Ghost: AND THESE THREE ARE ONE! Scripture tells us everywhere that God(spirit) lives in Jesus. Who laid down His life for us? JESUS!  1John 3;16 Hereby perceive we the love of God, because He laid down His life for us. Eph.3:9 tells us all things where created by Jesus. Hebrews 12:2 tells us Jesus is the author and finisher of our faith. Job 19:25,26 For I know that my redeemer liveth,and that He shall stand at the ladder day upon the earth (which is Jesus) and 26 says and though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God. I could go on and on but I'll just add one more. Exodus 3:14 God saying to Moses: I AM THAT I AM John 8: 58 Jesus says: verily, verily i say to you, Before Abraham was, I AM! Rev. 22:13(jesus says) I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end,The first and the last! To me it's easy to understand that God is spirit that lives in Jesus(thats how we will get to see our God :job 26)and when we invite Him into our hearts he sends us the Holy spirit. What a wonderful feeling, and what a wonderful God!! God Bless!!

Do you believe in Scriptures? You say that Col.1:15-17 does not say that Jesus is the firstborn of all creation. So why? It is exactley what it says. you are denying it. And I don't know why? Also in Rev. 3:14 it say this.
    ….”These says the Amen, the Faithful and True Witness, the
    B E G I N N I N G O F T H E
    C R E A T I O N O F G O D.
    You are denying Scripture!!!!!!!!!!!. Not very smart. Jesus is our Mediator, and the Father will and does forgive our Sins. He is our perfect Sacrifice. Our Father is most High and powerful.
    My King James Bible says that in
    Col. 1:15 says this:” He is the image of the invisible God,
    THE FIRSTBORN OVER ALLCREATION.
    VERSE 16 For by Him all things were created that are in Heaven and that are on Earth, invisible and visible……
    verse 17 And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist.
    Irene

RokkaMan
    Participant

hello! I think some people need to look at Colossians 1:15,16,17 again because Jesus is not the first born of all creation. He is the first born of EVERY CREATURE! Image of the invisable God. By him all things were created,that are in Heaven and that are in earth.All things were created by Him and for Him. And Jesus is the only one who can forgive our sins. He is our Saviour and is called God our Saviour. Titus1:3 and 2;4 But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared!How about 1 John 5:20 and we know that the Son of God has come, and has given us a understanding, that we may know Him that is true,and we are in Him that is true, even in His son Jesus Christ. THIS IS THE TRUE GOD, AND ETERNAL LIFE! 1John 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, The Word and the Holy Ghost: AND THESE THREE ARE ONE! Scripture tells us everywhere that God(spirit) lives in Jesus. Who laid down His life for us? JESUS!  1John 3;16 Hereby perceive we the love of God, because He laid down His life for us. Eph.3:9 tells us all things where created by Jesus. Hebrews 12:2 tells us Jesus is the author and finisher of our faith. Job 19:25,26 For I know that my redeemer liveth,and that He shall stand at the ladder day upon the earth (which is Jesus) and 26 says and though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God. I could go on and on but I'll just add one more. Exodus 3:14 God saying to Moses: I AM THAT I AM John 8: 58 Jesus says: verily, verily i say to you, Before Abraham was, I AM! Rev. 22:13(jesus says) I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end,The first and the last! To me it's easy to understand that God is spirit that lives in Jesus(thats how we will get to see our God :job 26)and when we invite Him into our hearts he sends us the Holy spirit. What a wonderful feeling, and what a wonderful God!! God Bless!!

AMEN!

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (RokkaMan @ Aug. 15 2009,05:34)

AMEN!

Amen again!  All things were created FOR Christ. This certainly throws a wrench in the anti-trinitarian's works.

thinker

RokkaMan
    Participant

Quote (Cindy @ Aug. 14 2009,18:39)

Do you believe in Scriptures?  You say that Col.1:15-17 does not say that Jesus is the firstborn of all creation. So why?  It is exactley what it says. you are denying it. And I don't know why?  Also in Rev. 3:14 it say this.
    ….”These says the Amen, the Faithful and True Witness, the
    B E G I N N I N G  O F   T H E  
    C R E A T I O N   O F  G O D.
    You are denying Scripture!!!!!!!!!!!. Not very smart. Jesus is our Mediator, and the Father will and does forgive our Sins.  He is our perfect Sacrifice.  Our Father is most High and powerful.  
    My King James Bible says that in
    Col. 1:15 says this:”  He is the image of the invisible God,
    THE FIRSTBORN OVER ALLCREATION.
    VERSE 16  For by Him all things were created that are in Heaven and  that are on Earth, invisible and visible……
    verse 17 And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist.
    Irene

It also says Cindy, that all things were created BY him and FOR him…And I believe Thethinker has pointed out where The Father gives The Son credit for all creation….yet there are plenty places where the father says he created all things alone???

How can the father and son both take part when The Father says he as God did it alone? Well doesn't make sense if they are seperate beings, but if they are both God manifested as The inifinite unkowable Father and The eternal knowable Son, then it makes perfect sense that God created all things.

It was just God The Son…same being different identity…

And I don't think Katjo is denying scripture, he is explaining scripture from a more grand perspective.

When anti-trinitarians say Jesus is the first born of all creation, it paints it as he was the first created being that made the earth ect…

Katjo stated it in a way to clearly define that ALL things made and unmade came from Jesus…even beyong just the earth….This includes the Heavens and the Heavens of the Heavens…principalities, powers, forces, laws…seen and unseen ect…

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Cindy @ Aug. 14 2009,12:18)

Quote (RokkaMan @ Aug. 14 2009,05:14)
    And to be honest, I am not good at pulling direct scripture off the top of my head, the best I can do for quick posts is to paraphrase common knowledge of the scripture.

If you like I can spend the time to put together a bundle of scriptures that support Jesus' divinity and rightful place in the Godhead.

The biggest Idea is that, if he was not divine before or while on earth, then his worship and ability to forgive sins would be falsified.

And how can you not think that Jesus is not divine when all creation was made through him? lol

Who told you that Jesus is the one who forgives our Sins?
    Not so.  He is our Mediator to go through Him to the Father and He is who forgives our Sins.
    Talking about being false!!!!!! Maybe you should study more to remember Scriptures.  To tell you the truth I was like that too.  But since I am reading more Scriptures it comes easier.
    Also if Jesus was divine when He waked the earth,  He could not have died for us.  He now however is divine.  
    Irene

Irene,
    Jesus Himself told us this.This is why the Jews charged Him with blasphemy.

1 So He got into a boat, crossed over, and came to His own city. 2 Then behold, they brought to Him a paralytic lying on a bed. When Jesus saw their faith, He said to the paralytic, “Son, be of good cheer; your sins are forgiven you.”
    3 And at once some of the scribes said within themselves, “This Man blasphemes!”
    4 But Jesus, knowing their thoughts, said, “Why do you think evil in your hearts? 5 For which is easier, to say, ‘Your sins are forgiven you,’ or to say, ‘Arise and walk’? 6 But that you may know that the Son of Man has power on earth to forgive sins”—then He said to the paralytic, “Arise, take up your bed, and go to your house.” 7 And he arose and departed to his house.

What Bible did you say you read? ???

thinker

RokkaMan
    Participant

Lol Thethinker…..

Also want to point out

Talking about being false!!!!!! Maybe you should study more to remember Scriptures. To tell you the truth I was like that too. But since I am reading more Scriptures it comes easier.
    Also if Jesus was divine when He waked the earth, He could not have died for us. He now however is divine.
    Irene

If Jesus was a man that was made divine then He is a God in the Face of the ONE true God…this is blasphemy.

And yet again, how can you not think he was divine if all things were made through him? lol That's stupid to think not.

Anonymous
    Inactive

hello, Your not reading Colossians 1;15 correct.First of all ,look at 14. it says In whom we have redemption through His blood,even for the forgiveness of our sins.(Jesus, he shed His blood) now 15(still talking about (Jesus) who is the image of the invisible God, the FIRST BORN OF EVERY CREATURE! Does not say creation.Please read on down to 18(still talking about (Jesus) and 19 says It pleased the father that in Him(Jesus) should all fulness dwell. You should read all the scriptures I put on my last post very carefully.Look at Colossians 2:26 Even the mystery which has been hid for ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to the saints (27) To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the gentiles, which is CHRIST IN YOU. The hope of glory. reaaly you should read all of 1-14. 2;6 says as ye have therefore received Christ Jesus The Lord, so walk ye in Christ. (8) Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the traditions of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after CHRIST (9) For IN HIM DWELLETH ALL THE FULNESS OF THE GODHEAD BODILY(10) tells us we are complete in Him. Chapter 3 tells us If you are risen in Christ than seek those things which are above (4) says when Christ who is our life shall appear then shall you also appear with Him in glory. (11) tell us Christ is all and in all! (24) Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inhereitance: FOR YE SERVE THE LORD CHRIST. Read all of chapter 3. May I ask if you go to church? Have you ever excepted Jesus as your saviour? Because scripture tells us if you dont have the Son than you dont have the Father and without the Son you cant have the Holy Spirit. James 2: 26 tells us That the body without the spirit is dead! 2 Timothy 1:1 tells us the promise of life is in JESUS christ (9) says He saved us according to His own purpose and grace which was given to us in Christ Jesus before the world began. I'll stop there.You should really read these scriptures. Are you reading from a Kings James? You cant deny the scriptures, They tell us everywhere ,that God lives in Jesus . Thats not pushing God out or lowering him, To me it makes Him a really awesome God. Scipture tells us the words Jesus speaks are of the Father (which is God(spirit) in Him) Just like we pray and talk to the spirit of God that lives in us. For example: we can be three persons in one body. I can be a Sister, a Mother and a Grandma but Im still one. I sure hope I helped you . God Bless You!

Hi katjo

Quote (katjo @ Aug. 14 2009,15:07)
    You should really read these scriptures. Are you reading from a Kings James? You cant deny the scriptures, They tell us everywhere ,that God lives in Jesus .

So you think that because the scriptures say that the Father lives in Jesus he cannot be God?

Jesus says he lives in the Father, does that mean that the Father is not God?

WJ

RokkaMan
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Aug. 15 2009,07:14)
    Hi katjo

You should really read these scriptures. Are you reading from a Kings James? You cant deny the scriptures, They tell us everywhere ,that God lives in Jesus .

So you think that because the scriptures say that the Father lives in Jesus he cannot be God?

WJ

WJ, I think katjo is for trinitarianism…If not then his arguements are definately for us.

So you may be mistaken in charging him…

Katjo GREAT WORK….

and great find BTW….

Trinity may not be found in the bible…but GODHEAD IS…

Colossians 2:9

9For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

What does that mean to you? hhrrmmm :D

Quote (RokkaMan @ Aug. 14 2009,15:21)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Aug. 15 2009,07:14)
    Hi katjo

WJ

WJ, I think katjo is for trinitarianism…If not then his arguements are definately for us.

So you may be mistaken in charging him…

Katjo GREAT WORK….

and great find BTW….

Trinity may not be found in the bible…but GODHEAD IS…

Colossians 2:9

9For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

What does that mean to you?  hhrrmmm :D

Ok, I think you are right.

MY Bad, and welcome! I am not used to seeing so many Trinitarians around here! :)
    WJ

kerwin
    Participant

I think it is interesting that Trinitarians believe humans are three persons in one after all we are made in God's image and called Elohim.  :cool:

Anonymous
    Inactive

ROKKAMAN , Thanks for the Amen!! Yes, I'm a total believer in the trinity. And by the way, I'm a lady. god Bless!

Cindy
    Participant

Quoting Co. 1:15,16/17 in my King James Bible says this;”
    He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation.
    verse 16 For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are in earth,visible and invisible……….
    verse 17 AND HE IS BEFORE ALL THINGS AND IN HIM ALL THINGS CONSIST.

Also in
    verse 18 And He is the Head of the body the church, who is the beginning, THE FIRSTBORN OF THE DEAD,that in all things He may have preeminence. Meaning He is first in all. Firstborn of all creation and firstborn by resurrection. I had ask what Scripture there is to prove that Jesus is the one that is the only one to forgive our Sins. If our Heavenly Gather is above all,
    Ephesians 4:6 one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all. Then He is the One who forgives our Sins. Jesus is our Mediator between God the Father and us. Jesus is the perfect Sacrifice and we can go through Him to go to our Heavenly Father and ask Him to forgive our Sins. By Jesus own words He said that ” my Father is greater then I.” John 14:28

Titus 1:3 and has in due time manifested his words through preaching, which was committed to me according to the commandant of God our Savior.
    That commandment is the commitment of the New Covenant in Jesus Blood. It says
    Love your God with all of your Heart and your Neighbor as yourself. All listed in Math.
    Titus 2:4 says this:” that they admonish the young woman to love their husband, to love their children.

All of these versed in our Bible has nothing to do with what Jesus can do, even to forgive our Sins.

Listen good….

1 John 5:20 AND WE KNOW THAT THE SON OF GOD HAS COME AND HAS GIVEN US AN UNDERSTANDING, THAT WE MAY KNOW HIM WHO IS TRUE, IN HIS SON JESUSCHRIST.
    This is the True God and eternal life.

Why did Titus say that. We receive eternal true believing in
    Faith through Jesus Christ who is our Savior and it is a free gift from God.
    Read Ephesians 2:1-9

You also quoting Scriptures that tells us that Jesus preexisted before He became a man.
    1 John 5:7 In the footnotes in the Rye Study Bible of King James says that that verse was added. It does not go with the rest of the Bible. It contradicts.
    If you know Ancient History you would be surprised, to say the least.

You are interpreting these Scriptures and making it look like what you want it to say.

The rest of the Scriptures you quote is concerning how Jesus preexisted. The Holy Spirit is God the Fathers Spirit. There is only one Holy Spirit abd that is God the Fathers.

But yes living in Gods Holy Spirit is wonderful, and if we walk in it, we will not sin. However Satan i8s still around and He will influence our Children and Grandchildren who have not been called. So in conclusion I hope that Christ will come soon and set all straight and only the truth will be taught.
    To that time I am forever looking forward to.

Peace and Love Irene

Quote (katjo @ Aug. 14 2009,18:17)
    ROKKAMAN , Thanks for the Amen!! Yes, I'm a total believer in the trinity. And by the way, I'm a lady. god Bless!

Hey katjo

Welcome, its good to see a woman Trinitarian here.

You may be the only one here.

Blessings WJ

Cindy
    Participant

Quote (katjo @ Aug. 15 2009,10:17)

Interesting indeed. I used to believe in the trinity too, and we belonged to the Catholic Church. But I have proven to myself that there is no trinity. It was not easy to come out of that system, I was very active there. But I have found many more interesting people that believed otherwise.
    We are to prove all things, and proving the trinity is not possible.
    The first Christians did not believe in it. It was a Pagan upbringing Quintus Septimus Florence Tertullian that first instituted that doctrine. The first Christians were heavy persecuted until the Roman emperor Constantine in A.D. 313
    issued an edit, granting all Christians full freedom to practice their religion.
    In A.D. 321 He issued an edit forbidding work on Sunday and making it a day of worship.
    In A.D. 324 Constantine establishes Christianity as the first official religion of his empire. It will become to known as the Roman Universal Church.
    Later when the Monks took little pieces of the Letters of Paul etc. and established some of the New Testament Scriptures.

Nobody was aloud to own a Bible and if you were caught you were persecuted and killed. First the Romans and then the Catholic Church. The Church is still called the Roman Catholic Church. I am forever thankful to God that He called us out of that system.
    Peace and Love Irene

RokkaMan
    Participant

Cathy don't think because of the catholic church believed in the trinity and you feel that now that you've found them to be a deceitful sect, that trinitarianism is false as well.

One of the devils greatest powers is to mix truth's with falsehood to steer people off track.

Fortunately trinitarianism isn't one of those things.

So please don't condemn a truth as a lie, just because you heard it from liars…Liars do tell the truth sometimes, even if they don't know it themselves.

If trinitarianism is false, then how can we reconcile claims The Father made stating he created creation alone, then in other verse we see him giving that credit to The Son?

How can we also believe Jesus telling The Father to restore the glory he SHARED with him before the world was, when it was clear that The Father had no Gods before him, and would not share his glory with another?

Please if you feel trinitarianism is wrong, then reconcile all these contradictions with logically explainations.

With trinitarianism, all these things makes sense…without…it seems the bible is filled with unreconcilable contradictions.

Anonymous
    Inactive

You are not finishing the scripture out in 1 John 5;20 IT IS SIMPLY TELLING YOU THAT JESUS CHRIST IS THE TRUE GOD, and eternal life. and I cannot understand how you keep on saying Colossians 1:15 says “of all creation” The exact words are WHO IS THE IMAGE OF THE INVISIBLE GOD,THE FIRSTBORN OF EVERY CREATURE. why are you changing it? That is not the way it is in the King James. That sounds to me like a J.W. bible because I have read the same thing about there's on the same verses. They take everything away from Jesus. They have wrote there own to how they want it to be and thats what they go by.

Anonymous
    Inactive

You are not finishing the scripture out in 1 John 5;20 IT IS SIMPLY TELLING YOU THAT JESUS CHRIST IS THE TRUE GOD, and eternal life. and I cannot understand how you keep on saying Colossians 1:15 says “of all creation” The exact words are WHO IS THE IMAGE OF THE INVISIBLE GOD,THE FIRSTBORN OF EVERY CREATURE. why are you changing it? That is not the way it is in the King James. That sounds to me like a J.W. bible because I have read the same thing about there's on the same verses. They take everything away from Jesus. They have wrote there own to how they want it to be and thats what they go by.

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 442 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account