Elohim is plural

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 341 through 360 (of 442 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,
    Yes folks rewrite more pleasant bibles all the time.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,
    But we are warned to rather fear the God who has the ability to destroy BODY AND SOUL in geena.
    Mt 10.28

Jodi Lee
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 28 2009,16:51)
    Hi Jodi,
    But we are warned to rather fear the God who has the ability to destroy BODY AND SOUL in geena.
    Mt 10.28

Yes Nick, YHWH is ABLE, but guess what…… He says He is not WILLING!! 2 Peter 3:9

Tell me something Nick, Jesus died so ALL could be made alive (1Co 15:22), do you think that God's plan was to resurrect everyone just so He could destroy a bunch of them again? What would be the purpose of that? And those people who died, did they EVER really TRULY know YHWH, or were they examples of people who didn't, but will finally get the chance to be called? When YHWH predestined Christ, was that Christ's choice? Come on man, think about these things. Man is a gullible, easily influenced creature, he is known for following the most ludicrous dysfunctional  systems,  whether it be a religious group, or gang, or whatever, you name it and he’ll follow it with conviction.  When YHWH comes around with His power and great intelligence,  to fulfill His desire where He is longsuffering towards us, NOT willing that ANY should perish, but ALL come to repentance, I truly don’t see how anyone could not believe that YHWH can’t take our pathetic asses and kick us into shape! Give YHWH just a little more credit!!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,
    God does not want any to perish.
    But the terms are explained in Jn 3.
    Salvation is rescue from the wrath of God.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Jodi! I cant believe some of the things you quotted to nick! I know alot about j.w.beliefs. I am trying to talk (right to this day) with a young girl right now who is studying with them. You should of never ,never told him that the King James was not correct! I cant believe that! you will have him so confused he wont know what to beleive.The person Im talking to now, (at least she does say she knows the King James is the true bible) but says they cannot study it alone.They have to study the one they wrote their selfs, with their own interpretations.They cant study any other. Now you are going to make him think he cant even count on the King James! Our preacher just told us two weeks ago that the NIV. is fine too (easier to understand,but has very same meanings) but when he goes into deeper study, he likes the King James( he did say something about the years of them being some different) If I have to I will ask him on the years, but he just told us if anyone tells you different, have them come and see him. Said he could take you back as far as the “dead sea scrolls” and prove to you that the text matches word for word so close to the King James, its not even funny. He knows his greek and hebrew and has his Dr.'s degree in religion.(thats high as you can go). He done 8 yrs. of college for it! you just quotted you didnt believe in hell and the post before that you believed theres a literal hell.?? and wheather you believe it or not, when JESUS returns with His power, the bible says there will still be some who will reject him. Youre believeing on a easy way out for everyone because hell sounds so bad. WELL IT DOES! but if you have excepted Jesus as your Saviour and repented of your sins, and follow the word the best you can, than you dont have to worry about hell! You cannot be a sinner all your life and not suffer the consequences!Why is there so many scriptures in the bible about hell, and how bad it is, if it is not so? Is God not telling the truth all the time? Or does he just speak the truth when He tell us about heaven? COME ON! and the attitude and language that you used in your last post??????

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (katjo @ Aug. 28 2009,06:59)
    theodorej–Where is that at in the bible?( a sinner is put into the fire to destroy the sin and than is a faithful servant)

Greetings K…..I do not know!!!….It seems to me that Jodi posted that interpretation….My feeling is that after the tribulation…..those who were allowed to survive will be under judgement and the earth will be full of the knowledge of God and his spirit will abound…The elect the 144000 will be spirit beings directly involved with the administration of Gods government/kingdom….Those who elect to challendge or rebel will experience death for eternity….In the final analysis satan will be loosed for a short time and then the final/white throne judgement will take place and all who have died will have the opportunity to see God and live under his government…..those who choose to rebel will cease to exist they will be consumed in the lake of fire…(This will be the time when Hell as we know it will be officially opened)Flesh will be consumed…the beast and false prophet will be cast into the lake of fire and will be subject to torment for eternity….for all we know that torment could very well be the absense of the glory that is God….

Cindy
    Participant

Quote (Jodi Lee @ Aug. 28 2009,16:41)

Quote (RokkaMan @ Aug. 28 2009,06:11)

Quote (theodorej @ Aug. 28 2009,02:20)

Quote (RokkaMan @ Aug. 27 2009,05:28)
    The second death, as it is called, the one where people are cast into the lake of fire, is the final judgment, a period of instruction and discipline where SIN is put to death, but not the sinner. The sinner is cast into a fire for refinement to melt away and destroy the SIN, thus destroying the idolater, the murderer, the sexual immoral, and leaving a faithful servant

Please show me where that is in the bible, I'd really like to believe that.

And even tho he desires and wills that no man perish, that is his righteous feeling towards all of us, but that doesn't mean that we all will be saved one way or another. God cannot go against his own righteousness, even his own laws that the wicked will be punished and perish in the flames of hell.

But pls provide scripture that indicates what you are saying will happen in the second death.

So far from what I've read…I haven't seen any sinner who partakes in the second death getting another chance at righteousness, or going through a refinement process.

Greetings R man….Jodi' post certainly depicts the existence of a mercifull God and is fairly accurate with respect to the circumstances surrounding the second death….The milenium period will be a period of judgement for those who God saw fit to let survive the tribulation,during this period the world will be full of the knowledge of God(as a result of the outpouring of his spirit)…Jesus will preside over this period as King of Kings and lord of lords…Satan will be bound for this period and Gods kingdom/Government will be in control….The unfortunate circumstance will be that there will be those who will reject this Government,they will suffer the second death and will cease to exist for eternity…Every person who ever lived will be given a chance to know God,as I said some will reject him..This information is available throughout the scriptures,it is Gods plan for mankind….

Ok you all misunderstand, please read the posts I quote before assuming.

I do believe in a first and second death, and I do believe in a literal hell.

What Cindy was proposing was that hell was a refinement period where sinners go to be purified and made into saints.

I asked her where is that in the bible…because from what I know I do not believe that to be true.

She also proposes a merciful God, but that is choosing reason and logical over scripture.

So yes I believe in a literal Hell, and second death where sinners burn eternally. Whether it is a literal fire or the burning desire to end their self inflicted suffering; I know it is torture for all eternity based on scripture.

Cindy believs it's a refinement process where everyone will eventually be made a saint. That is just….unbiblical.

Hi Rokkaman,

First of all, I'm Jodi, not Cindy, Cindy is actually Irene….I know that's a little confusing =).

Anyway, let me explain a few things,

I don't believe that those cast into the fire are the Saints, the Saints are part of the firstfruits who are resurrected at Christ return. They are leaders with Christ and they help judge.

One thing I think that would be truly helpful to you is if you came to know that many words in the bible are mistranslated. The word Satan is a mistranslation, Satan means adversary, and it should be rendered every time as such, and then put in proper context to identify WHO the adversary is. Also the word hell, means grave, the word angel means messenger. Soul in Greek under paganism meant an immortal part of you, but in the Hebrew culture under YHWH it meant breath, or LIFE, and is clearly said numerous times to be something that ceases to exist, it is destroyed, it perishes, it DIES! Also the word translated as ETERNAL is Greek AION, which represents a period of time, not at all, forever and ever!!

The translators of the bible were not under the Spirit of YHWH, they were false teachers and they did a great deal of dis-service to the word of God, twisting, distorting and even making up stuff in their translations. For instance, they added the word 'ONE' after wicked, to make it seem like it was referring to a certain 'being', if you know what I mean.  You should really research this stuff. I think your eyes would really begin to be open.  Right now your being dooped. I've been there and I guess I should be more understanding to those currently under all the great deception, and be more patient. It's something I'm working on and often not very good at, I have to admit.

Strong's Number:   165 Browse Lexicon
    Original WordWord Origin
    aijwvnfrom the same as (104)
    Transliterated WordTDNT Entry
    Aion1:197,31
    Phonetic SpellingParts of Speech
    ahee-ohn'    Noun Masculine
    Definition

1. for ever, an unbroken age, perpetuity of time, eternity
      2. the worlds, universe
      3. period of time, age

King James Word Usage – Total: 128
    ever 71, world 38, never + (3364) +&version=kjv 1519 + 3588 6, evermore 4, age 2, eternal 2, miscellaneous 5

Jesus Christ died so ALL could be resurrected. You really think that God raised them from the dead so that He could cast them into an eternal tormenting punishment? 80 years of sin deserves an eternity of torment? That's horrible. If that were  the truth I would DENY the bible. If anything He would have just left them dead. Of course you probably think that death doesn't actually mean true death, it means the separation of the soul from the body, right? So you already believe that God is punishing a bunch of dead people don't you, and then you believe He gives them a body back so they can then REALLY be punished. I've actually listened to a sermon where the pastor said that how horrible it must be to have a body that never dies but is eternally burned. Ugh……what utter and complete sicko that pastor is. I hope that's truly not on the lines of what you believe Rokkaman, is it?

Jodi! For everyone's information, the reason I am Cindy is because I had so many problems getting loged in. My Husband started with being IM4Truth and we had problems with the computer when our Electric went out, when Ike went through Cincinnati. I tried just about everything to use first my own name and it would not log in again. Why all that happened I have no idea. But if you look at a post that the happyman did on the help section, He too is having problem and has not been back for some time now. Before you make Commons like you did on your last post first get the facts straight.
    Irene

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (Jodi Lee @ Aug. 28 2009,17:37)

Hi Jodi,
    Mt 10.28

Yes Nick, YHWH is ABLE, but guess what…… He says He is not WILLING!! 2 Peter 3:9

Tell me something Nick, Jesus died so ALL could be made alive (1Co 15:22), do you think that God's plan was to resurrect everyone just so He could destroy a bunch of them again? What would be the purpose of that? And those people who died, did they EVER really TRULY know YHWH, or were they examples of people who didn't, but will finally get the chance to be called? When YHWH predestined Christ, was that Christ's choice? Come on man, think about these things. Man is a gullible, easily influenced creature, he is known for following the most ludicrous dysfunctional  systems,  whether it be a religious group, or gang, or whatever, you name it and he’ll follow it with conviction.  When YHWH comes around with His power and great intelligence,  to fulfill His desire where He is longsuffering towards us, NOT willing that ANY should perish, but ALL come to repentance, I truly don’t see how anyone could not believe that YHWH can’t take our pathetic asses and kick us into shape! Give YHWH just a little more credit!!

Jodi…. Well put… and I appreciate the seasoning with the venacular…..

Cindy
    Participant

Quote (theodorej @ Aug. 29 2009,01:23)

theodorej–Where is that at in the bible?( a sinner is put into the fire to destroy the sin and than is a faithful servant)

Greetings K…..I do not know!!!….It seems to me that  Jodi posted that interpretation….My feeling is that after the tribulation…..those who were allowed to survive will be under judgement and the earth will be full of the knowledge of God and his spirit will abound…The elect the 144000 will be spirit beings directly involved with the administration of Gods government/kingdom….Those who elect to challenge or rebel will experience death for eternity….In the final analysis Satan will be loosed for a short time and then the final/white throne judgement will take place and all who have died will have the opportunity to see God and live under his government…..those who choose to rebel will cease to exist they will be consumed in the lake of fire…(This will be the time when Hell as we know it will be officially opened)Flesh will be consumed…the beast and false prophet will be cast into the lake of fire and will be subject to torment for eternity….for all we know that torment could very well be the absence of the glory that is God….

I do agree with most of your Post, however I do not believe that God will have the Lake of Fire burning for all eternity. What reason would He have to let it burn for all eternity.
    There is a literal Lake of Fire and in Malachi it says this

Malachi 4:3 “You shall trample the wicked. For they shall be ashes under your feet.
    On the day that I do this.” Says the LORD of hosts. When you see LORD in capital letters it is our Heavenly Father, and when you see Lord it is Jesus Christ. I taught you might want to know this, if you not already know that.
    Peace and Love Irene

Peace and Love Irene

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (Cindy @ Aug. 29 2009,01:54)

Quote (theodorej @ Aug. 29 2009,01:23)

Greetings K…..I do not know!!!….It seems to me that  Jodi posted that interpretation….My feeling is that after the tribulation…..those who were allowed to survive will be under judgement and the earth will be full of the knowledge of God and his spirit will abound…The elect the 144000 will be spirit beings directly involved with the administration of Gods government/kingdom….Those who elect to challenge or rebel will experience death for eternity….In the final analysis Satan will be loosed for a short time and then the final/white throne judgement will take place and all who have died will have the opportunity to see God and live under his government…..those who choose to rebel will cease to exist they will be consumed in the lake of fire…(This will be the time when Hell as we know it will be officially opened)Flesh will be consumed…the beast and false prophet will be cast into the lake of fire and will be subject to torment for eternity….for all we know that torment could very well be the absence of the glory that is God….

I do agree with most of your Post, however I do not believe that God will have the Lake of Fire burning for all eternity.  What reason would He have to let it burn for all eternity.
    There is a literal Lake of Fire and in Malachi it says this

Malachi 4:3  “You shall trample the wicked.  For they shall be ashes under your feet.
    On the day that I do this.” Says the LORD of hosts.  When you see LORD in capital letters it is our Heavenly Father, and when you see Lord it is Jesus Christ. I taught you might want to know this, if you not already know that.
    Peace and Love Irene

Peace and Love Irene

Thanks Irene….. I do enjoy the free flow of knowledge here without adhereing to gramatical constrants (eg. spelling,grammar and stucture)….I had no Idea of the significance of capitalization when it come to addressing the office of the Father….Thanks / TJ

Anonymous
    Inactive

Nick, hello! Can i ask you a question? You quotted that J.W. have some very odd teachings ;right? If you feel that way than why do you follow them? You also quotted they have a more pleasant bible. We all know there are things in the bible that doesnt sound pleasant BUT that dont give us the right to re-write it and leave certain things out, to make us feel better. Correct? We are warned in Gods word about adding to it and taking out of it. we all have a chance to live with God, not just 144,000. We all can be born again if thats our choice. the word is for ALL. To be born again you need to repent of your sins and ask Jesus into your heart. He is your Saviour. Thats the first step.You cant have the Holy Spirit until you do that. Than He will guide you and you WILL learn the truth. Why would so many people want to follow the word if its promises were only for some and not all? Its a free gift. and the bible tells us that. All we have to do is except it. ( I will quote you the scripts if need be.) Do you have a King James bible? I hope you know you can trust in it! If you have it, would you read Romans 3;23, 6:23 and John 3:3 ,John 14:6, romans 10:9-11 and Rev.3:20 in that order and tell me what they say to you? If you dont have the King James i will quote them for you. God Bless You!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I go to church to worship Gods word with others. “BUT” the word is truley all about being in a relationship with Jesus Christ, NOT IN A RELIGION! He is your Salvation!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KAT,
    You say
    “To be born again you need to repent of your sins and ask Jesus into your heart.”

This is a popular idea but is it written?

Folks quote Romans 10 but remember Romans was written to the saved[read Rom1] .

It was written to those who had obeyed the command given through Peter at Pentecost but like the Galatians wanted to turn back to Judaism.[Gal3.1]

They were being encouraged to let the Spirit that had received lead them[Gal5].

That is because the sons of God are the ones who LED BY the Spirit of God. [Rom8.14]

Many receive the investment of God but do not let that investment produce fruit for God[Mt25]

Jodi Lee
    Participant

Quote (Cindy @ Aug. 29 2009,01:30)

Quote (Jodi Lee @ Aug. 28 2009,16:41)

Quote (RokkaMan @ Aug. 28 2009,06:11)

Quote (theodorej @ Aug. 28 2009,02:20)

Quote (RokkaMan @ Aug. 27 2009,05:28)
    The second death, as it is called, the one where people are cast into the lake of fire, is the final judgment, a period of instruction and discipline where SIN is put to death, but not the sinner. The sinner is cast into a fire for refinement to melt away and destroy the SIN, thus destroying the idolater, the murderer, the sexual immoral, and leaving a faithful servant

Please show me where that is in the bible, I'd really like to believe that.

And even tho he desires and wills that no man perish, that is his righteous feeling towards all of us, but that doesn't mean that we all will be saved one way or another. God cannot go against his own righteousness, even his own laws that the wicked will be punished and perish in the flames of hell.

But pls provide scripture that indicates what you are saying will happen in the second death.

So far from what I've read…I haven't seen any sinner who partakes in the second death getting another chance at righteousness, or going through a refinement process.

Greetings R man….Jodi' post certainly depicts the existence of a mercifull God and is fairly accurate with respect to the circumstances surrounding the second death….The milenium period will be a period of judgement for those who God saw fit to let survive the tribulation,during this period the world will be full of the knowledge of God(as a result of the outpouring of his spirit)…Jesus will preside over this period as King of Kings and lord of lords…Satan will be bound for this period and Gods kingdom/Government will be in control….The unfortunate circumstance will be that there will be those who will reject this Government,they will suffer the second death and will cease to exist for eternity…Every person who ever lived will be given a chance to know God,as I said some will reject him..This information is available throughout the scriptures,it is Gods plan for mankind….

Ok you all misunderstand, please read the posts I quote before assuming.

I do believe in a first and second death, and I do believe in a literal hell.

What Cindy was proposing was that hell was a refinement period where sinners go to be purified and made into saints.

I asked her where is that in the bible…because from what I know I do not believe that to be true.

She also proposes a merciful God, but that is choosing reason and logical over scripture.

So yes I believe in a literal Hell, and second death where sinners burn eternally. Whether it is a literal fire or the burning desire to end their self inflicted suffering; I know it is torture for all eternity based on scripture.

Cindy believs it's a refinement process where everyone will eventually be made a saint. That is just….unbiblical.

Hi Rokkaman,

First of all, I'm Jodi, not Cindy, Cindy is actually Irene….I know that's a little confusing =).

Anyway, let me explain a few things,

I don't believe that those cast into the fire are the Saints, the Saints are part of the firstfruits who are resurrected at Christ return. They are leaders with Christ and they help judge.

One thing I think that would be truly helpful to you is if you came to know that many words in the bible are mistranslated. The word Satan is a mistranslation, Satan means adversary, and it should be rendered every time as such, and then put in proper context to identify WHO the adversary is. Also the word hell, means grave, the word angel means messenger. Soul in Greek under paganism meant an immortal part of you, but in the Hebrew culture under YHWH it meant breath, or LIFE, and is clearly said numerous times to be something that ceases to exist, it is destroyed, it perishes, it DIES! Also the word translated as ETERNAL is Greek AION, which represents a period of time, not at all, forever and ever!!

The translators of the bible were not under the Spirit of YHWH, they were false teachers and they did a great deal of dis-service to the word of God, twisting, distorting and even making up stuff in their translations. For instance, they added the word 'ONE' after wicked, to make it seem like it was referring to a certain 'being', if you know what I mean.  You should really research this stuff. I think your eyes would really begin to be open.  Right now your being dooped. I've been there and I guess I should be more understanding to those currently under all the great deception, and be more patient. It's something I'm working on and often not very good at, I have to admit.

Strong's Number:   165 Browse Lexicon
    Original WordWord Origin
    aijwvnfrom the same as (104)
    Transliterated WordTDNT Entry
    Aion1:197,31
    Phonetic SpellingParts of Speech
    ahee-ohn'    Noun Masculine
    Definition

1. for ever, an unbroken age, perpetuity of time, eternity
      2. the worlds, universe
      3. period of time, age

King James Word Usage – Total: 128
    ever 71, world 38, never + (3364) +&version=kjv 1519 + 3588 6, evermore 4, age 2, eternal 2, miscellaneous 5

Jesus Christ died so ALL could be resurrected. You really think that God raised them from the dead so that He could cast them into an eternal tormenting punishment? 80 years of sin deserves an eternity of torment? That's horrible. If that were  the truth I would DENY the bible. If anything He would have just left them dead. Of course you probably think that death doesn't actually mean true death, it means the separation of the soul from the body, right? So you already believe that God is punishing a bunch of dead people don't you, and then you believe He gives them a body back so they can then REALLY be punished. I've actually listened to a sermon where the pastor said that how horrible it must be to have a body that never dies but is eternally burned. Ugh……what utter and complete sicko that pastor is. I hope that's truly not on the lines of what you believe Rokkaman, is it?

Jodi!  For everyone's information, the reason I am Cindy is because I had so many problems getting loged in.  My Husband started with being IM4Truth and we had problems with the computer when our Electric went out, when Ike went through Cincinnati.  I tried just about everything to use first my own name and it would not log in again.  Why all that happened I have no idea.  But if you look at a post that the happyman did on the help section, He too is having problem and has not been back for some time now.  Before you make Commons like you did on your last post first get the facts straight.
    Irene

Settled down
    my lady!!

I actually KNOW all that.

I was simply explaining to RokkaMan who people were, I thought I was doing you a favor.

Not sure what sort of rude intentions you're trying to accuse me of. Sheesh =(

Really? because I said, “I know that's a little confusing” that's offensive to you?

What's the deal, why make the effort to put a negative spin on something that was NEVER negative?

I'm sorry for offending you, it was honestly not my intentions AT ALL.

Jodi Lee
    Participant

Quote (theodorej @ Aug. 29 2009,01:32)

Quote (Jodi Lee @ Aug. 28 2009,17:37)

Hi Jodi,
    Mt 10.28

Jodi…. Well put… and I appreciate the seasoning with the venacular…..

Thanks Theodorej!  :)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Nick- do you have the King James? Please read the scriptures i gave you. I really want you to read those. Matthew 5: 12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad; for great is your reward in HEAVEN; for so persecuted the prophets which were before you.Mark 7:6 Jesus talking about hypocrites and says; these people honor me with their lips, but their heart is far from me.I quotted this one to show you its about a relationship with Jesus)(7) Howbeit in vain do they worship me, Teaching for doctrines the commandments of men. john3:36 Those who believe in the Son have eternal life, but those who do not obey the Son will never have life. Gods anger stays on them. Heres one on born again,but there is so many more) John 3:1 Jesus says: unless one is born again he cannot be in Gods kingdom, down to (5) Jesus says; except a man be born of water and of spirit, he cannot enter the Kingdom of God. I will qoute what I wanted you to read out of the King James-Romans 3:3 For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God–(6;23) For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Saviour. John3:3 No one can see the Kingdom of God unless he is born again!! john 14;6 Jesus says: I am the way the trith and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. romans 10:9-11 If you confess with your mouth Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved! For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved. as the scripture says ANYONE who trust in Him will never be put to shame. Romans 3:20 Jesus says: I stand at the door and knock(that means your heart). If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and him with Me. Right there is how you get born again. I sure hop this helped you,and God Bless You

Anonymous
    Inactive

Jodi! I cant believe some of the things you quotted to nick! I know alot about j.w.beliefs. I am trying to talk (right to this day) with a young girl right now who is studying with them. You should of never ,never told him that the King James was not correct! I cant believe that! you will have him so confused he wont know what to beleive.The person Im talking to now, (at least she does say she knows the King James is the true bible) but says they cannot study it alone.They have to study the one they wrote their selfs, with their own interpretations.They cant study any other. Now you are going to make him think he cant even count on the King James! Our preacher just told us two weeks ago that the NIV. is fine too (easier to understand,but has very same meanings) but when he goes into deeper study, he likes the King James( he did say something about the years of them being some different) If I have to I will ask him on the years, but he just told us if anyone tells you different, have them come and see him. Said he could take you back as far as the “dead sea scrolls” and prove to you that the text matches word for word so close to the King James, its not even funny. He knows his greek and hebrew and has his Dr.'s degree in religion.(thats high as you can go). He done 8 yrs. of college for it! you just quotted you didnt believe in hell and the post before that you believed theres a literal hell.?? and wheather you believe it or not, when JESUS returns with His power, the bible says there will still be some who will reject him. Youre believeing on a easy way out for everyone because hell sounds so bad. WELL IT DOES! but if you have excepted Jesus as your Saviour and repented of your sins, and follow the word the best you can, than you dont have to worry about hell! You cannot be a sinner all your life and not suffer the consequences!Why is there so many scriptures in the bible about hell, and how bad it is, if it is not so? Is God not telling the truth all the time? Or does he just speak the truth when He tell us about heaven? COME ON! and the attitude and language that you used in your last post to Nick???

Jodi Lee
    Participant

Quote (katjo @ Aug. 29 2009,02:37)
    I go to church to worship Gods word with others. “BUT” the word is truley all about being in a relationship with Jesus Christ, NOT IN A RELIGION! He is your Salvation!

Yes Jesus is our savior, but let's not forget how it is that Jesus is our savior,

Ac 13:23 From this man's seed, according to the promise, God raised up for Israel a Savior–Jesus–

Acts 4:27 “For truly against Your holy Servant Jesus, whom You anointed, both Herod and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles and the people of Israel, were gathered together 28 to do whatever Your hand and Your purpose determined before to be done.

Titus 3:4 But when the kindness and the love of God our Savior toward man appeared, 5 not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit, 6 whom He poured out on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Savior, 7 that having been justified by His grace we should become heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

Jesus was MADE our savior through the power and planning of the One True God and Savior, our heavenly Father, YHWH.

Without the Father Jesus would NOT have been a savior.

The Word is truly about building FAITH in the One True God the FATHER, because it is Faith in HIM, that gives us eternal life. YHWH worked that faith in us according to the MAN, Jesus Christ.  We have faith in Jesus because it is what leads us into  having faith in the ONE TRUE God, the Father!

Jodi Lee
    Participant

Matthew 19:16 Now behold, one came and said to Him, “Good Teacher, what good thing shall I do that I may have eternal life?” 17 So He said to him, “Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God.

Joh 20:17 Jesus said to her, “Do not cling to Me, for I have not yet ascended to My Father; but go to My brethren and say to them, 'I am ascending to My Father and your Father, and to My God and your God.' “

Jesus was good because he LEARNED from the Father, the Father is the ORIGINAL source of goodness. We learn goodness from Jesus, but he received it from the Father. Which of course makes sense being that Jesus is not the ONE true God, he is the Son of the ONE TRUE God, and we are too!

Jodi Lee
    Participant

Quote (katjo @ Aug. 29 2009,05:17)
    Jodi! I cant believe some of the things you quotted to nick! I know alot about j.w.beliefs. I am trying to talk (right to this day) with a young girl right now who is studying with them. You should of never ,never told him that the King James was not correct! I cant believe that! you will have him so confused he wont know what to beleive.The person Im talking to now, (at least she does say she knows the King James is the true bible) but says they cannot study it alone.They have to study the one they wrote their selfs, with their own interpretations.They cant study any other. Now you are going to make him think he cant even count on the King James! Our preacher just told us two weeks ago that the NIV. is fine too (easier to understand,but has very same meanings) but when he goes into deeper study, he likes the King James( he did say something about the years of them being some different) If I have to I will ask him on the years, but he just told us if anyone tells you different, have them come and see him. Said he could take you back as far as the “dead sea scrolls” and prove to you that the text matches word for word so close to the King James, its not even funny. He knows his greek and hebrew and has his Dr.'s degree in religion.(thats high as you can go). He done 8 yrs. of college for it! you just quotted you didnt believe in hell and the post before that you believed theres a literal hell.?? and wheather you believe it or not, when JESUS returns with His power, the bible says there will still be some who will reject him. Youre believeing on a easy way out for everyone because hell sounds so bad. WELL IT DOES! but if you have excepted Jesus as your Saviour and repented of your sins, and follow the word the best you can, than you dont have to worry about hell! You cannot be a sinner all your life and not suffer the consequences!Why is there so many scriptures in the bible about hell, and how bad it is, if it is not so? Is God not telling the truth all the time? Or does he just speak the truth when He tell us about heaven? COME ON! and the attitude and language that you used in your last post to Nick???

Hi Katjo,

Do you have me confused with someone else?

I haven't mentioned anything about the King James bible. I did mention to RokkaMan about mistranslations, of which occur in all bibles.

I use mostly the New King James, and Young Literals translation. I am into Jeff Benner's translations. You should check out his work on the Ancient Hebrew Research Center website.

http://www.ancient-hebrew.org/

Viewing 20 posts - 341 through 360 (of 442 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account