Elijah

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Elijah deserves his own forum as he is apparently a vital part of the message from God.
    He has done his work once and his mantle passed to Elisha.
    He came again as John the Baptist according to Jesus.
    Some believe he will reappear before the Day of the Lord and some believe this is as one of the two witnesses of Rev 11.

So lets look at Mal 4.1f
    “For behold a day is coming, burning like a furnace;and all the arrogant and every evildoer will be chaff” Surely this is the final state of earth , the wrath of God as shown in 2 Peter?

v4″ Remember the Law of Moses My servant, even the statutes and ordinances which I commanded him in Horeb for all Israel”
    Clearly this message is for Israel only as we are gentiles and have never been under the Law.

v5″ Behold I am going to send you Elijah, the prophet, before the coming of the great and terrible day of the Lord”
    In context following the previous verse this message too is for Israel surely.

v6
    ” He will restore the hearts of the fathers to their children, and the hearts of the children to their fathers, so that I will not come and smite the land with a curse”
    So is this the message to the jews from Elijah? Family respect and love? It is not The Father spoken of as it says 'fathers'.
    Who can add?

NickHassan
    Participant

ps But perhaps v6 is more inclusive
    We are all in various ways

Children of God
    Children of Adam
    Children of Abraham

and these all are our fathers.

Is it a restoration of all under God?

trettep
    Participant

John the Baptist was the Elijah to come that turned the hearts to the fathers and the fathers to their children. As I have said before, the Gospel is about being born into the Family of God as Sons of God. There is no gender in Heaven everyone that is born again are referred to as Sons of God. This message is about that realization. That when one realizes the Gospel message they will look at their own children with a new reponsibility and as well as their own fathers will a new understanding. Because the Gospel is all about reproduction. The Gospel message IS Creation!

Paul

Proclaimer
    Participant

Elijah's ministry or mantle is to make the way straight for the coming of the Lord. We see that clearly with John the Baptist, baptising with a baptism of repentance. Repentance must preceed the coming of the Lord if the Lord is to receive a bountiful harvest of souls and if he is to come for a church without spot and blemish.

The Church today needs to repent of her idolatory and traditions of men. Those who labour in the truth of God, restoring that which has been lost, can be described as having an Elijah ministry or coming in the Spirit of Elijah. This is something that God does before he sends his Messiah.

It just goes to show us how God respected Elijah's life. That he would use what he had done in the past, to carry on in the future, and preceeding the coming of his son.

Jesus said that there was no greater man born of a woman than John the Baptist and he came in the spirit of Elijah. What great respect and honour that God can show a man when he obeys him and yet Elijah was just a man (mankind) like us. We all have huge possibilities in God if we obey him.

We see the same thing with Abraham, that God would even go as far as to call all his children the children of Abraham.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi trettep
    2 Cor 6.17
    ” Therefore come out from their midst and be separate” says the Lord
    ” and do not touch what is unclean; and I will welcome you and I will be a father to you, and you shall be sons and DAUGHTERS to me says the Lord Almighty.”
    However you are right in that the new bodies will be asexual like the angels.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ April 15 2005,23:32)
    Elijah's ministry or mantle is to make the way straight for the coming of the Lord. We see that clearly with John the Baptist, baptising with a baptism of repentance. Repentance must preceed the coming of the Lord if the Lord is to receive a bountiful harvest of souls and if he is to come for a church without spot and blemish.

The Church today needs to repent of her idolatory and traditions of men. Those who labour in the truth of God, restoring that which has been lost, can be described as having an Elijah ministry or coming in the Spirit of Elijah. This is something that God does before he sends his Messiah.

It just goes to show us how God respected Elijah's life. That he would use what he had done in the past, to carry on in the future, and preceeding the coming of his son.

Jesus said that there was no greater man born of a woman than John the Baptist and he came in the spirit of Elijah. What great respect and honour that God can show a man when he obeys him and yet Elijah was just a man (mankind) like us. We all have huge possibilities in God if we obey him.

We see the same thing with Abraham, that God would even go as far as to call all his children the children of Abraham.

Hi t8,
    speaking of John the baptist Jesus said in
    Mt 11.9f
    ” But what did you go out to see? A Prophet?
    Yes, I tell you, and one who is more than a prophet. This is the one of whom it is written
    'Behold I send my messenger ahead of you, who will prepare your way before you'
    Truly I say to you , among those born of women there has not arisen anyone greater than John the baptist”

So Jesus said Enoch, Abraham, Moses and Elijah were no greater than John. That is pretty amazing.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ April 15 2005,23:32)

Hi t8,
    Yes the message must be sent to all corners of the earth- a message of God's forgiveness given through repentance and salvation.

Be reconciled with God is the call.

david
    Participant

Elijah, Will he come again?

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 15 2005,22:39)

Children of God
    Children of Adam
    Children of Abraham

Hi,
    Or is it deeper and suggesting that it clarifies who the fathers really are? God or Satan?

david
    Participant

Just to clarify, I was asking if Eliyah would come again, to this forum.

david
    Participant

I guess not.

david
    Participant

I was wrong.
    Eliyah has returned.

Eliyah
    Participant

Written by Nick on “” OCT.25th, 2005″

Children of God
    Children of Adam
    Children of Abraham

Hi,
    Or is it deeper and suggesting that it clarifies who the fathers really are? God or Satan?

Unquote.

Tho I cannot sit up for very long for getting excruciating headachs, I felt led to respond to these articles written.

There are TWO meanings to ( Mal.4:6), the literal meaning is turning the hearts( minds) of the Children to their Fathers, and the hearts( minds) of the Fathers to their Children.””

The literal has to do with restoring the Torah, Commandments, Statutes, and Judgments of YHWH and including their true Names( not titles)as Moshea( Moses) reinstated in Horeb, back to the the Children of Israel from the Father's Abraham, Issac, Jacob as their obedience by faith was counted to them as righteousness( See Paul's writings), however, the people did not OBEY those commandments not being mixed with faith( Heb.Chapters 3 and 4).

The SECOND is a spiritual meaning of ( Mal.4:6)

And he shall turn the heart( mind) of the fathers( Plural) to the children, and the heart( mind ) of the children to their fathers( Plural),…””

Yahushua Meassiah also said that John the Imerser( or Baptist) fulfilled as a forerunner( See Matt.11:9-10; Matt.17:10-13; Luke 7:26-27) proclaiming the true Name of YHWH= YAH-U-WEH( See Original texts of (Isa.40:3), and this original text was repeated concerning John the Baptist by each Desciple writer in ( Matt.3:3; Mark 1:3; Luke 3:4, John 1:23), and even a witness by the Angel Gabriel in ( Luke 1:76).

Yahushua Messiah, Shaul( Paul), Yohanan( John)reveals the truth concerning the spiritual meaning of “” The fathers and the children”, as Messiah plainly said to those Jews( which even believied on him( John 8:30-31) and sought to kill him( the Messiah), in ( John 8:37,40), however, Yahushua Messiah called those “” YOUR FATHER THE DEVIL “”( John 8:44).

This is the ” FALSE FATHER SATAN THE DEVIL”.

Also, see ( Acts 13:8-10) of Paul calling Elymas the Sorcerer “” CHILD OF THE DEVIL “”.

See also Paul's anology of “” SERVANTS OF SIN/ ie-disobedience of lawlessness ( 1 John 3:4) with the Messiah's words in ( John 8:34-35).

Also, ( 1 John 3:8) John says, “”” He that committeth( commits) SIN( ie- transgresses the law- or committs lawlessness( 1 John 3:4), “” IS OF THE DEVIL “”( ie- children of the devil)( 1 John 3:8).

Also, John says “”Whosoever is born of El ( Yah)doth not( wilfully, see Heb.10:26) commit sin/ ie committ lawlessness); for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot( or will not) sin, because he is born of El ( Yah).( 1 John 3:9).

John also says, “””In this the CHILDREN OF EL( YAH)are manifest( or made known), and the CHILDREN OF THE DEVIL: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of El( Yah), neither he that loveth not his brother.

So here are the ” Children of their father the devil “” is explained as Children of disobedience to Yah's Laws and Commandments.

And the true Children of Yah the Holy Father that does righteousness, and all thy commandments are righteousness( Psalms 119:172).

Also, Yahushua Messiah reveals the TRUE HOLY FATHER ( YAH-Exod.15:2; Psalms 68:4) in His Prayer in ( John 17:11) as He prayed to keep those whom the true Father had given Him IN HIS- YAH'S NAME( not titles, for 'name' does not mean title) that they may be one, as He and the Father are one in purpose and agreement.

Hence ( Mal.4:6)the TWO FATHERS, and the turning of the heart( mind) of the children to the fathers, and the heart( mind) of the fathers to the children..””

It is people's own choice to which and whom to OBEY whether the true FATHER YAH( Psalms 68:4; John 17:11), or the false father satan the devil( John 8:44) ?

The Messiah is ” THAT PROPHET”, and the true ELIYAHU TO COME, for He is the one who reveals “” THE FATHERS AND THE CHILDREN”” and we only proclaim it to the people.

This is a quote by T8,

It is people's own choice to which and whom to OBEY whether the true FATHER YAH( Psalms 68:4; John 17:11), or the false father satan the devil( John 8:44) ?

http://www.freewebs.com/elyah/

http://www.elyah.freehomepage.com/

http://www.ynca.com/YNCA2default/EliYahMessage.htm

http://www.nazarite.net

http://hometown.aol.com/jerrheal/index.html

http://www.yaim.org/

This day is these scriptures fulfilled in your eyes.

HalleluYAH!

Its people's choice whom they want to serve and obey, whether the servant of sin or lawlessness, which is the fasle father satan the devil( John 8:44; 1 John 3:8), or whether obedience unto righteousness in Messiah by Yah's Commandments to the true Holy FATHER Yah( Exod.15:2;Psalms 68:4; John 17:11; 1 John 3:10 last part) ?

Eliyah
    Participant

Restoration and the sealing is almost complete, as the true scriptural sabbath and Torah commandments has been restored, and so has His true Name of Yah.

This day is these scriptures of restoration being fulfilled in your very eyes.

Eliyah
    Participant
    NickHassan
    Participant

Will he come again?

seekingtruth
    Participant

10The disciples asked him, “Why then do the teachers of the law say that Elijah must come first?”

11 Jesus answered and said to them, “Indeed, Elijah is coming first and will restore all things. 12 But I say to you that Elijah has come already, and they did not know him but did to him whatever they wished. Likewise the Son of Man is also about to suffer at their hands.” 13 Then the disciples understood that He spoke to them of John the Baptist.

As I read this it sounds like there is a future coming (future tense “is” and “will”) as well as the one in the past. Now we know that John was not a re-incarnation of Elijah but must of carried the mantle (foreshadowed by Elisha taking up the mantle) and brings to question what of the two witnesses, one of them commonly believed to be Elijah in the flesh. Will the second appearance be; Elijah in the flesh, or also someone with his mantle?

Just speculating

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ST,
    Good points.
    I will find the thread.

malcolm ferris
    Participant

Elijah – according to Mal 4 is to do two acts of turning hearts.
    Now with the heart man beleives unto salvation – so this turning would affect the belief of those turned.
    We learn in the first chapter of Luke that John the Baptist fulfills the first turn of hearts.
    Namely that of the fathers to the children.

This is pretty mysterious really – who are the fathers that have their hearts turned back to the faith of the children.
    And who are the children that their hearts are turned back?

Well we are told at the start of chapter 4 in Malachi to remember Moses – it was Moses who also gave the promise of a Messiah to come who would be a prophet like unto him.
    Jesus refers to this at times in the gospels – sayings such as: if you beleived Moses writings then you would beleive me – for Moses wrote of me…

So I beleive this was the faith that these people in the time of Jesus were being turned back to – in order to see a prophet like Moses – namely Jesus Christ.
    This was John the Baptist's ministry to prepare the way for him.

So with this in mind then the children spoken of here would be the children of Israel who came out of Egypt under Moses.
    The fathers would be those who recognised Jesus in his day and hence became what we refer to as the gospel fathers.

It isn't too difficult at this point to see that the second turning of hearts – that of the children to the fathers – would involve a restoration of faith of the people of a future day (children – of Pentecost?) back to the faith once delivered to the saints (the gospel fathers)

Why? in order to prepare them for his (Messiah's) second coming.

TJMTCW:D

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Malcolm,
    Good points.
    Mal 4
    ” 4Remember ye the law of Moses my servant, which I commanded unto him in Horeb for all Israel, with the statutes and judgments.

5Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD:

6And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.”

Who were the father of the Israelites?
    They claimed Abraham as their father and David and even God.
    Jesus denied God was their father but told them Satan was.

I think this refers to all the great men of old who led and taught the children of Israel.
    Mal 4 refers to the words of Moses one of these great men.

We are the salt of the earth and it is faith among men that stops God destroying all of His rebellious creation.

Now we too are children of God and Abraham and Moses, of Jesus and Paul and we too are to turn back to our spiritual roots before Jesus comes again.

But when he comes will he find faith on the earth when he returns and after his people join with him in the air?

No and the earth shall indeed be smitten with a terrible curse.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 51 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account