Eating blood

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    jhenTux
    Participant

The old testament forbids the Israelites from eating blood. How about the new testament?

Some religions forbid it, some don't. What are the biblical basis for this?

kejonn
    Participant

There are many threads about this already. NT:

Act 15:20 but should write to them to abstain from the things polluted by idols, and from sexual immorality, and from what has been strangled, and from blood.

JPR
    Participant

Life is in the blood. This life however, is God-independent life. (Life without God) God never intended it to be like that. The paradise encounter was responsible for blood-life, and for it to become independent of God. God's solution was/is sacrifice.  E.g.  God is “saying”; I want blood to pay the price for the ultimate sin, which is live independent of Me.  Someone therefore (Christ) had to sacrifice his blood in payment for mankind’s blood (which symbolises life without God) As born-again believers, we withhold ourselves from blood (or strangled animals who still has blood in their meat) as a “gesture” (I don't like this word here) to God that we do not associate ourselves with life independent of Him any longer.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Thanks for your post JPR.

Welcome BTW.

charity
    Participant

Life is in the blood?

So is that a continual sacrifice for every child born?
    that they feel the guilt from..

..scapegoat
    someone who is punished for the errors of others

decoy?
    something used to lure fish or other animals into danger so they can be trapped or killed; lure

maxims?
    Imbraced inherited codes of behaviour, the Mind is trained to think that God has a taste for Blood?
    apposed to the sure mercy of one sheperds Love,
    an
    expression of general heart truth, harken hear and your soul shall live, no longer a sacrifice and offering needed.

charity
    Participant

So Very catholic to worry about blood, eat my body and this is the cup of his blood he shed for you all.

It’s as if they need justification for killing him, some how they had to turn their acts into a blessing?

Its the Nature of any child to save face instead of just falling to the bottom where pride hurts and true gutt repenting begins after such a breach.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (charity @ June 13 2008,16:02)
    So Very catholic to worry about blood, eat my body and this is the cup of his blood he shed for you all.

It’s as if they need justification for killing him, some how they had to turn their acts into a blessing?

Its the Nature of any child to save face instead of just falling to the bottom where pride hurts and true gutt repenting begins after such a breach.

Hear hear!

The 'host' is not proper unless it is made of whole wheat. You must wonder why there is a problem for coeliacs if the wafer is literally turned into human flesh:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki….charist

Love that avatar…

Stuart

charity
    Participant

And.. here hear hair hare

Diabetes
    Why managing blood sugar is so important when
    Grape juice is used for the cup of blood?

charity

charity
    Participant

Quote (charity @ June 13 2008,16:02)

charity
    Participant

quote, from gather in his Name …..
    That we are part of the body of Christ and if we don’t drink the blood, our part of the body will wither away and die
    http://www.theologyonline.com/forums….age=229

I consider perhaps the priests were using their scientific imaginations to create a way for all Blood lines to join with gods chosen people, and their elected Savor?
    I guess the thinking…..the only logical “scientific” way back then to mix the life into a lifeless god rejecting nation, was to have them literally as possible drinking his blood to receive this eternal life within themselves.
    that then makes him a savor if he decides to die giving his life “believing” to allow those of the day not die before taking part in eating and drinking his precious chosen eternal blood, that they to convince his god after the promise of eternal life.
    they keep him frozen, pictured on the cross, pierce in the side, left hanging as a butcher hangs a carcass to be bleed, every soul born is offered his blood to become chosen, and sin of ones own blood line is forgiven and washed clean in his?
    In which these days we have syringes, blood transfusions, blood cells reproducing , in which if they had of understood, surly they would not have chosen such a garsley appetite to sustain and nourish the mental life?
    -charity

charity
    Participant

Many times we have written an posted, concerning the delight in desiring the blood yoke to violence.
    only a few of us stand to rescue Jesus from the hands of those that have prevailed in writing, to offering his blood ongoing as an obligation to the original primitive offense.
    its not the same God that commands to abstain from the strangled, and then allow his only son to become that which is warned against?

He that killeth an ox [is as if] he slew a man; he that sacrificeth a lamb, [as if] he cut off a dog's neck; he that offereth an oblation, [as if he offered] swine's blood; he that burneth incense, [as if] he blessed an idol. Yea, they have chosen their own ways, and their soul delighteth in their abominations.I also will choose their delusions, and will bring their fears upon them; because when I called, none did answer; when I spake, they did not hear: but they did evil before mine eyes, and chose [that] in which I delighted not.
    -Isa 66:3-4

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account