Does Scripture State Flesh Can't enter heaven?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 114 total)
  • Author
    kerwin
    Participant

2 Corinthians 12:2 (King James Version (KJV))

2 I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) such an one caught up to the third heaven.

I hear of people who confidently state that flesh and blood cannot enter heaven and yet Scripture, which cannot be broken, clearly states that one who’s body is flesh and blood can enter heaven.  It stated that because if flesh and blood could not enter heaven it would simply state, either explicitly or by context, that the man of Christ was snatched up into the third heaven in an out of body experience since there would be no question.  Therefore to state otherwise is to argue with scripture.

Those that believe scripture often misunderstand the words “flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God” from 1 Corinthians 15:50.

There are several points

•There is no word “all” or “some” in the scripture and thus they must be gleaned from either the written or unwritten context of the scripture.
    •The scripture does not state “enter” but rather it states “inherit”.
    •The scripture does not state “heaven” but rather it states “kingdom of God.  The kingdom of God includes, but is not limited to, both the new heaven and the new earth.

So what we have is that {All / Some) flesh and blood cannot come into possession of the God’s reign.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Kerwin,

Those who profess such a thing, overlook this verse…

But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. (Romans 8:9)

God bless  
    Ed J
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Rena
    Participant

Hi Kerwin.

“flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God” from 1 Corinthians 15:50.

From what I understand, Jesus did not have his blood and scripture says those who are resurrected will be like him.

And the flesh can mean other things, like here:

Gal 5:17

But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you won't fulfill the lust of the flesh.  For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, that you may not do the things that you desire.  But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.  Now the works of the flesh are obvious, which are: adultery, sexual immorality, uncleanness, lustfulness,  idolatry, sorcery, hatred, strife, jealousies, outbursts of anger, rivalries, divisions, heresies, envyings, murders, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these; of which I forewarn you, even as I also forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the Kingdom of God.  But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faith,  gentleness, and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Those who belong to Christ have crucified the flesh with its passions and lusts. If we live by the Spirit, let's also walk by the Spirit. Let's not become conceited, provoking one another, and envying one another.

Rena
    Participant

Kerwin, also, the way I see it, we struggle against the things of the flesh constantly. Which are things like jealousy, envy, anger etc. But spiritually we KNOW theres another way, and thats of the spirit. And in spirit everything is easier. Example I may feel fleshly things that arent good, the moment I `switch ` to spiritual, I calm down, I feel good, I feel love in my heart, even if moments before I had the flesh side.
    If we remain in this everything is good. If we remain in `the flesh – nothing is good.

Maybe theres a link to the two verses?

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Rena,

What's wrong with jealousy?

God bless  
    Ed J

Rena
    Participant

Hi Ed.
    Good question.
    I know theres two ways. So according to the bible, theres the way of the flesh – which feels jealousy etc, and the way of spirit which doesn't. According to the bible, in the NT, jealousy is of the flesh. I can understand it. Iv felt the change between both. NOT feeling jealousy – being in the spirit not the flesh – is definatly the way to go. Jealousy can destroy a couple for example. It hurts the person feeling it. And the person can over-react. But it can also be a safety thing. Feeling jealous and being angry about it can cause whoever is causing problems in the first place to back off.

Just rambling. My son won't stop speaking… What's your opinion?

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Rena,

Jealousy is OK, envy is not.

Jealousy is your concern for what you own.

Envy is concern for having what you do NOT own.

Do you see the difference?

God bless  
    Ed J

Rena
    Participant

I do Ed, thanks.

When you truly become a Christian though – then envy should not be a problem. Envy should be a thing of the past.
    Jealousy though is a big thing. Are you sure jealousy is alright? How come it says it isnt? It says in Gal 5:7 and I think also in James and other places.

Were going off topic, a bit.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Rena,

?? Gal 5:7 Ye did run well; who did hinder you that ye should not obey the truth? ??

God bless  
    Ed J

Rena
    Participant

Oh, sorry. Gal 5:17. The verse I quoted above.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Rena,

Jealousy isn't written in that verse either; do you see it there?
    Gal 5:17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against  the flesh:
    and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

God bless  
    Ed J

Rena
    Participant

Oh, I see now. I had taken the numbers out. Sorry about that.

Gal 5:17-26.

But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you won't fulfill the lust of the flesh.  For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, that you may not do the things that you desire.  But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.  Now the works of the flesh are obvious, which are: adultery, sexual immorality, uncleanness, lustfulness,  idolatry, sorcery, hatred, strife, jealousies, outbursts of anger, rivalries, divisions, heresies, envyings, murders, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these; of which I forewarn you, even as I also forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the Kingdom of God.  But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faith,  gentleness, and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Those who belong to Christ have crucified the flesh with its passions and lusts.  If we live by the Spirit, let's also walk by the Spirit. Let's not become conceited, provoking one another, and envying one another.

Tim Kraft
    Participant

For All: I do not know if this is true in every case but for the most part “flesh” is referring to the “old covenant way” of works, rituals, physical temple, physical sacrifice etc.! The “spirit” is the words of Jesus from God. Faith in what the spirit/God says is the way to God! The human being, child of God need not go anywhere to commune with God. The human being is now the “Temple” and the “Church” and the “house of God” and the “Body of God/Christ!

You are what you eat! If you eat/partake of thoughts and meditations of death and destruction(believe in the mind) then that will produce the fruit of evil/destriction in your life.

If you eat the flesh of Jesus(truth food) and drink his blood(truth drink) then you have the Father/Son/holy spirit/truth from God within you.

By the old way/old covenant/old laws/physical works/deeds/efforts/ etc., shall no one be justified. Works/deeds are contrary to faith/believing. Under spirit/truth/words of God you are not under the works of the law. What you believe you are unto God is what you are. The byproduct of “believing” under the law that you are an adulterer, or unclean, or unworthy or unrighteous is doing the very things you restrict yourself from doing. The fruit of the mind. What is on the inside will be revealed on the outside. Clean the inside of the cup

and the outside follows. Clean your mind with the words of truth that you are clean, righteous, perfect unto God and that is what you will reflect on the outside. The spirit cleanses to the utermost. Then, when the branch is fully grafted into the tree of life only the fruit of the spirit of that tree of life will come forth.

I believe the word “flesh” is metaphoric for the old covenant ways! The Grk.word “sarx” means carnal, temporal, unregenerated!

The religious doctrines of “hating your old flesh” is highly destructive. Only a fool would hate their own body where they live. There are many religious fools. Don't hate the abode of God lest ye hate God.

The flesh is old covenant teachings and the spirit is NewTestament. The old is death. The New is life and peace in Christ. The old is past. The New has come, is come, is coming, and will come as the eternal words of God! IMO, TK

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Rena @ June 24 2011,18:49)
    Oh, I see now. I had taken the numbers out. Sorry about that.

Gal 5:17-26.

But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you won't fulfill the lust of the flesh.  For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, that you may not do the things that you desire.  But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.  Now the works of the flesh are obvious, which are: adultery, sexual immorality, uncleanness, lustfulness,  idolatry, sorcery, hatred, strife, jealousies, outbursts of anger, rivalries, divisions, heresies, envyings, murders, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these; of which I forewarn you, even as I also forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the Kingdom of God.  But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faith,  gentleness, and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Those who belong to Christ have crucified the flesh with its passions and lusts.  If we live by the Spirit, let's also walk by the Spirit. Let's not become conceited, provoking one another, and envying one another.

Hi Rena,

Jealousy is not in the list; what corrupted version of the bible are you quoting from?
    I suggest you throw it away, and get God's anointed word: the “AKJV Bible”(=74).

Gal 5:19-21 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these;
    Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred,
    variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness,
    revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past,
    that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. (Do you see Jealousy listed?)

God bless  
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Tim,

The old “Testament” is a shadow picture of goods things to come.
    Why do you continually bash God's word (given through the Prophets)?

Ed J (Joshua 22:34)

Istari
    Participant

Didnt God say, Thou shalt have no other God before me – for I am a JEALOUS GOD!

Rena
    Participant

Quote (Istari @ June 25 2011,07:52)
    Didnt God say, Thou shalt have no other God before me – for I am a JEALOUS GOD!

Istari, the Hebrew word is  קַנָּא: qanna which is Zealous, I looked at this with Bod and you I think quite a while back. I had a good website view about it, but don't have the time right now to find it.

Rena
    Participant

Ed, jealousy is there in the Greek.
    ζῆλος zēlos 2205 jealousy

kerwin
    Participant

To all,

In one context it is the spirit that inherits the reign of God and not any kind of body but I have doubts that is the context being used in 2 Corinthians.  

I did not want to addresss that particular issue beyond pointing out that it does not state “heaven”, “enter”, or the types of flesh and blood.

Tim Kraft
    Participant

Ed and Istari: I do not bash my God of Jesus. I bash the so called gods of the old testament. There were many gods revealed in the old testament. You can even find the most high God if you search diligently and throw out the gods that are contrary to the truth. Jesus came and gave us the singular truth of God. Why would anyone, knowingly, follow untruth! The truth about God is his makeup.Certain fruit is produced from the most high God! God is spirit, or words of truth that are life giving, creative, peaceful, loving, kind, gracious,always building up and flowing in all goodness. This is the truth given by the master of the universe, King and Lord of all, Jesus. I follow Jesus in everything he says and does.

It is the choice of any person whether to accept Jesus description of God or the old testament ways of their gods. The God of Jesus would not give a commandment to his people, thou shalt not kill and then turn around and send them into towns and villages to kill, men, women, children, animals and then steal all they had. If that is your god, so be it! Its not mine!

When the New Testament came and the old was done away, completed, ceased to be, there should not have been exposure to the old way that failed. Man made religion has caused the ot to remain in most cases as mainline beliefs. Religion has continued to hammer away at people to follow the old ways because they are profitable for financial support. Physical religion needs physical money for support. Spirit truth, free from God through Jesus straight into the heart of man needs no physical money. Spirit breeds spirit, freedom, love. Physical breeds physical, demanding, needing etc.!! IMO, TK

The old testament man made religion produced unworthy sinners in darkness. It beat the people with doctrines of uncleanliness, unrighteousness, dirty, sinful, unforgiven, and impureness etc.! That is a reflection of the “so called gods” of the old way.

It is each persons choice of whom to serve. I will serve the God of Jesus my lord. He has saved me from all that ot trash! IMO, TK

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 114 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account