Do you really believe jesus was tempted?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    kerwin
    Participant

To all,

Hebrews 4:15(NIV) reads:

For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet he did not sin.

Luke 4:13(NIV) reads:

When the devil had finished all this tempting, he left him until an opportune time.

Are Spiritual Beings tempted by evil as we are?

Some angels fell due to sin in the beginning.  Did they have flesh then?

Are Angels still being tempted and falling from heaven?

Is God tempted by evil?

Can God, under any circumstances, be tempted by evil?

I ask these questions to test if you truly believe Jesus was tested even as we are and to correct your belief if you do not.

terraricca
    Participant

kerwin

this is very basic don't you think,

scriptures are very clear on this

Pierre

kerwin
    Participant

Pierre,

It is clear in scripture that Jesus was tempted by evil just as us but Worshiping Jesus, and perhaps others, have a different interpretation than I do.  In addition I would like to hear the answers to the questions I asked and understand how others tie them together.  I have blind spots and discussions with others can illuminate those spots.

dee
    Participant

Hello.

Satan knows Jesus isn't God. God cannot be tempted. Jesus was tempted. Therefore, Jesus cannot be God.

barley
    Participant

Quote (dee @ Nov. 16 2010,20:04)
    Hello.

Satan knows Jesus isn't God.  God cannot be tempted. Jesus was tempted. Therefore, Jesus cannot be God.

Amen!

barley

Baker
    Participant

Quote (dee @ Nov. 16 2010,20:04)
    Hello.

Satan knows Jesus isn't God.  God cannot be tempted. Jesus was tempted. Therefore, Jesus cannot be God.

Very good deduction dee.

Georg

Baker
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Nov. 15 2010,07:41)
    To all,

For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet he did not sin.

When the devil had finished all this tempting, he left him until an opportune time.

Is God tempted by evil?

I ask these questions to test if you truly believe Jesus was tested even as we are and to correct your belief if you do not.

kerwin

Although Jesus was a spirit being before he became man, on earth he was “all” man, flesh and blood as we are.
    I would venture to say that Jesus was tempted more then any of us, simply because the stakes were much higher.

There are two groups of angels that did succumb to temptation; the first were the angels that followed Satan in his rebellion against God.
    The second group are the once that were tempted by the beauty of the woman on earth, came down, married them, and produced the giants causing God to destroy all flesh.
    Spirit beings have the ability to manifest them self as humans, this group the Bible says, gave up their first estate and left their own habitation, heaven, Jude 1:6.
    The Bible doesn't speak of any other angels fallen since then.

If God “could” be tempted by evil, he would not be God.

Georg

Proclaimer
    Participant

Is God tempted by evil?

I think that Jesus was tempted just as Adam was.
    Jesus could have chosen to not do God's will.

God cannot be tempted by evil. We should be very thankful about that.

Angels could choose to sin. When the opportunity arose, 2/3 chose not to rebel. I think that decision is final just as it will be for us when we are in the next age. Because we too have chosen God's will.

I don't think that the opportunity will arise again and again. I think the time for testing and proving once finished is finished for good.

terraricca
    Participant

all

all of creation are under the law of LOVE of God,and if you work against it you are rejecting God s will to do you Good.

so wen we get cut off of the protection of God we then become exposed to the spirit of Satan who as the love of himself,by himself for himself,this is his law,sound familiar??

Pierre

Laurel
    Participant

To all,

Is God tempted by evil?

Yes the Messiah was tempted because He was flesh not god.

Asking questions from a mangled perspective will bring misunderstanding 100% of the time, but now and again you can fit your false doctrine into a litte here and a little there, but if you think Yahushua Messiah was god then you'll never understnad how He could have been tempted LIKE WE ARE, unless you make yourself equal to your god and you believe you have the power to change the truth of ELohim and His doctrines to your own imagination.

If the Spirit of YHWH ELohim was in you, you would not need to ask these questions, you would have the answer already written in your heart.

kerwin
    Participant

Laurel,

You fail to understand Wisdom. You should study Wisdom's call in Proverbs. The Spirit teaches but it used many tools to do so whether they are a unbelieving high priest, a tree in the field, a breeze blowing by, or even another person who claims to seek God.

Questions are made to enable people to think things through. God praises those that seek knowledge of him and his ways.

Trinitarians can't respond to this because they know God can't be tempted the same way we can and it this disproves their doctrine :p

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (betweenchristendomandjws @ Dec. 09 2010,23:07)
    Trinitarians can't respond to this because they know God can't be tempted the same way we can and it this disproves their doctrine :p

Bet

Jas 1:13 When tempted, no one should say, “God is tempting me.”((( For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone;))))
    Jas 1:14 but each one is tempted when, by his own evil desire

Pierre

Quote (terraricca @ Dec. 10 2010,13:55)

Bet

Jas 1:13 When tempted, no one should say, “God is tempting me.”((( For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone;))))

Pierre

Yeah what's your point the scripture is saying God Can't be TEMPTED period. Whether Jesus fell into temptation or not is irrevelant. You either believe God can't be tempted or not. :p

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (betweenchristendomandjws @ Dec. 10 2010,22:24)

Quote (terraricca @ Dec. 10 2010,13:55)

Bet

Pierre

Yeah what's your point the scripture is saying God Can't be TEMPTED period.  Whether Jesus fell into temptation or not is irrevelant. You either believe God can't be tempted or not.  :p

you do not make sense

Anonymous

Hi,

Scriptures is very clear on all matters but the clarity depends on the Spiritual Eye and the Spiritual Mind of the reader, AND by revelation by God's Holy Spirit.

If it were not so then there would be no dispute, and with no dispute we would all believe and if we all believe because it is clear then who would know the deceiver from the truth teller?

In short, If we could all see God, we would believe in Him – even the wayward ones.

But God says, by Faith, but also Works, shall be see him. So he gives leeway for us to fall away from Him to show that we are seeing Him Spiritually and doing our works in the belief that it is to HIM.

God cannot be TEMPTED because “to BE Tempted” means being offered something that you do not already have – and there is nothing that God does not have – for all is HIS.

Jesus could be Tempted, because he was made Lower than the Angels for a time.
    Everything he had in Heaven was taken out of him, his power, authority and divinity…Therefore he was like MANKIND in every way except that he was SINLESS.

Being SINLESS does not mean he could not SIN – WAS not ADAM created SINLESS – yet he succumbed.
    Was LUCIFER not created SINLESS – Yet he succumbed.

What many fail to differentiate is “TESTED” and “TEMPTED”…

Now GOD CAN BE TESTED – but it is not wise to do so:
    – Did the Israelites not TEST God in the wilderness when they wanted him to prove Himself by getting them water (Deuteronomy 6:16).
    – Was not Zechariah made dumb because he 'tested' God on the name God told him to give his son to be “John” [The Baptist]

And Kerwin, Yes, Angels are tempted even today (but it is not for Mankind to ponder on)

Baker
    Participant

Quote (Astaria @ Dec. 31 2010,07:23)
    Hi,

Scriptures is very clear on all matters but the clarity depends on the Spiritual Eye and the Spiritual Mind of the reader, AND by revelation by God's Holy Spirit.

If it were not so then there would be no dispute, and with no dispute we would all believe and if we all believe because it is clear then who would know the deceiver from the truth teller?

In short, If we could all see God, we would believe in Him – even the wayward ones.

But God says, by Faith, but also Works, shall be see him. So he gives leeway for us to fall away from Him to show that we are seeing Him Spiritually and doing our works in the belief that it is to HIM.

God cannot be TEMPTED because “to BE Tempted” means being offered something that you do not already have – and there is nothing that God does not have – for all is HIS.

Jesus could be Tempted, because he was made Lower than the Angels for a time.
    Everything he had in Heaven was taken out of him, his power, authority and divinity…Therefore he was like MANKIND in every way except that he was SINLESS.

Being SINLESS does not mean he could not SIN – WAS not ADAM created SINLESS – yet he succumbed.
    Was LUCIFER not created SINLESS – Yet he succumbed.

What many fail to differentiate is “TESTED” and “TEMPTED”…

Now GOD CAN BE TESTED – but it is not wise to do so:
    – Did the Israelites not TEST God in the wilderness when they wanted him to prove Himself by getting them water (Deuteronomy 6:16).
    – Was not Zechariah made dumb because he 'tested' God on the name God told him to give his son to be “John” [The Baptist]

And Kerwin, Yes, Angels are tempted even today (but it is not for Mankind to ponder on)

Hello and welcome! I agree with you on some, however when you say we are saved through faith and works I disagree because this is what Scripture says

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God:

Eph 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Peace Irene

Anonymous

Hello Irene (And thanks for the Welcome!),

It was going 'off topic' a little but do I think this allowed for a short burst?

Many are to be 'Saved by Faith' ('I believe that Jesus came in the flesh….etc.') But many others will be given credence for WORKS alone even if they did not come to know GOD and the testament of Jesus…These will go into the second resurrection where they will be again “tested” with the full knowledge of the Truth of God.

Imagine a man on a desert island who never got to hear the word of God before he died. Should he be punished with everlasting death? No!
    He will be judged on his life on the island – Everyone has God in them…everyone is made in the Image of God and knows good from God…(Thanks to Adam!!!).

– If that man saw a fight between two friends and he went and resolved the dispute – then that is godly…even though he did not KNOW IT WAS GODLY …
    – If a woman gave some food to a destitute one who could not help himself (Not a lazy person who would NOT help himself) then she, too, was GODLY, even though she knew it not.

These two acts of generosity are called “WORKS”.

Anyway, like I said, it is going off topic.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Astaria @ Dec. 31 2010,15:05)
    Hello Irene (And thanks for the Welcome!),

It was going 'off topic' a little but do I think this allowed for a short burst?

Many are to be 'Saved by Faith' ('I believe that Jesus came in the flesh….etc.') But many others will be given credence for WORKS alone even if they did  not come to know GOD and the testament of Jesus…These will go into the second resurrection where they will be again “tested” with the full knowledge of the Truth of God.

Imagine a man on a desert island who never got to hear the word of God before he died. Should he be punished with everlasting death? No!
    He will be judged on his life on the island – Everyone has God in them…everyone is made in the Image of God and knows good from God…(Thanks to Adam!!!).

– If that man saw a fight between two friends and he went and resolved the dispute – then that is godly…even though he did not KNOW IT WAS GODLY …
    – If a woman gave some food to a destitute one who could not help himself (Not a lazy person who would NOT help himself) then she, too, was GODLY, even though she knew it not.

These two acts of generosity are called “WORKS”.

Anyway, like I said, it is going off topic.

Astaria

Hi and welcome;

Jas 2:23 And the scripture was fulfilled that says, “Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness,” and he was called God’s friend.
    Jas 2:24 You see that a person is justified by what he does and not by faith alone.
    Jas 2:25 In the same way, was not even Rahab the prostitute considered righteous for what she did when she gave lodging to the spies and sent them off in a different direction?
    Jas 2:26 As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead.

this is what works

Pierre

Anonymous

Addendum for Irene,

I just saw another post where a similar thing was being debated about Works…and it mention the verse about Works being about Boasting.

This is a two pronged theme…There are works that people do just to show external piety (piousness for the sake of it) – This is what God Abhors. This is like the Jews praying loudly in the market place and giving over-generously because they can.

It is obvious that their souls are set on externalising their deeds to win praise from onlookers “See how Godly he is – that's four times he 's prayed to – and look how generously he give to the Temple!” – Perhaps if he were not so rich he would have to work – and therefore would not be able to 'pray four times a day'…and perhaps if he weren't gaining money from not paying his staff properly, he wouldn't have so much to give away so openly…

Then, Irene, I think, the ones who pray in secret, a moment from their work place where no one sees them…and they give respectfully in a covering bag…and refuse the paparazzi pictures when he saved that little girls life, saying, “Any one would have done the same, wouldn't they?”.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account