Do you believe the theory of Evolution to be true?

• This topic has 1,340 replies, 50 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Stu.
Viewing 20 posts - 621 through 640 (of 1,341 total)
  • Author
    Stu
    Participant

David

Anyway, I'm wondering what Stu's ideas about the space aliens are? They must be out there, somewhere.

Why must they? Are we not suspending judgement until some are actually found?

Stuart

david
    Participant

I'd rather read your original writing David. You show more enterprise and thought in one paragraph than this guy has mustered in a whole page of his tedious lies. Why did you post it?

Mostly, it was to eat up your time. Truthfully, I didn't read the whole article. The first paragraph or two seemed interesting.
    (Just kidding.)
    The reason I asked it was more so about what your ideas about space aliens are. YOu say the following:

Please say exactly where the theory of evolution by natural selection predicts life on other planets.

Doesn't it? Are you suggesting that there is only life on this one planet? Out of the 100's of billions of galaxies, each with hundreds of billions of stars, are you saying you're not sure if there's life on other planets?

david
    Participant

Why must they? Are we not suspending judgement until some are actually found?

I would say the same to you on the theory of evolution.

But, if that theory is true, (which as far as I can tell, is a theory that says that massive amounts of time make impossible things possible) then the same could be said of life on other planets.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (david @ Nov. 17 2007,16:45)
    But seriously, about the space aliens.  What are your thoughts?

Please provide a reference.

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

Quote (david @ Nov. 17 2007,16:53)

I'd rather read your original writing David.  You show more enterprise and thought in one paragraph than this guy has mustered in a whole page of his tedious lies.  Why did you post it?

Mostly, it was to eat up your time.  Truthfully, I didn't read the whole article.  The first paragraph or two seemed interesting.
    (Just kidding.)
    The reason I asked it was more so about what your ideas about space aliens are.  YOu say the following:

Please say exactly where the theory of evolution by natural selection predicts life on other planets.

Doesn't it?  Are you suggesting that there is only life on this one planet?  Out of the 100's of billions of galaxies, each with hundreds of billions of stars, are you saying you're not sure if there's life on other planets?

Are you saying that you are sure that there is? Do they have a particular radio frequency I could tune in to?

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

Quote (david @ Nov. 17 2007,16:58)

Why must they?  Are we not suspending judgement until some are actually found?

I would say the same to you on the theory of evolution.

But, if that theory is true, (which as far as I can tell, is a theory that says that massive amounts of time make impossible things possible) then the same could be said of life on other planets.

If you are serious, then obviously your only interest is to lie to people. If you are kidding, then :laugh:

Stuart

david
    Participant

I was half kidding. ARe you saying you're not sure if life exists on the other million quadrillion planets or so?

Stu
    Participant

Quote (david @ Nov. 17 2007,17:09)
    I was half kidding.  ARe you saying you're not sure if life exists on the other million quadrillion planets or so?

You asked the question. Why don't you enlighten us with David's Theory of Extraterrestrial Life?

Stuart

david
    Participant

Shall I take your refusal to answer this question as a “no.”?

Stu
    Participant

Quote (david @ Nov. 17 2007,17:21)
    Shall I take your refusal to answer this question as a “no.”?

You can take it how you want to. While you are laying clever traps for forum readers others in the world are using their PCs to scan radiotelescope data. Do you think they are mad, or doing cutting-edge science?

Stuart

david
    Participant

Stu! I'm falling way behind on the Trivia thread. I need you to ask a question and make it worth let's say 500 points. Shhhh. Don't tell anyone though. Our little secret. Wink Wink.
    (I was never here.)

apparently, I'm getting sleepy and wierd.

You can take it how you want to. While you are laying clever traps for forum readers others in the world are using their PCs to scan radiotelescope data. Do you think they are mad, or doing cutting-edge science?

I don't remember any traps. I'm just asking you if you believe there is most likely life on other planets. You refuse to answer. I find that odd and it makes me want to know why, which makes me ask it repeatedly.

Do you think they are mad, or doing cutting-edge science?

How far can we see into the universe now? Half way? I can't remember.
    I guess that's cutting edge.

My thing is, a long list of very close to nearly impossible things had to happen for life to start on this planet.
    But, if we're willing to accept that, we should be willing to accept it could have happened on a very small percentage of these other planets–maybe billions of times.
    And, while our technology might be cutting edge to us, look how far we've come in the past 50 years. What would a world be able to do that has existed for quite a bit longer?

What traps?

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (david @ Nov. 17 2007,17:52)
    apparently, I'm getting sleepy and wierd.

And very funny too!

I like this side of you, David!

:)

Towshab
    Participant

If there are aliens must they accept Jesus too?

Sorry, couldn't resist.

kenrch
    Participant

I'm sure they already have. All those Billions(?) of suns, planets and no other life form?

Hum only this little planet has life? Their is no proof of other life so there must not be any! Only this planet being in the right place at the right time and having the right ingredients has life. OUT OF HOW MANY?!

Gees IF I were atheist I would at least want to prove life on other planets that would make my religion more believable but still not necessarily true.

But that is what man does. He spends million, probably more like Trillions of dollars wanting to prove his theory. How better than to prove his religion than life on other planets even if it's only bacteria :laugh:

I think it's sad that the money isn't spent helping people of this planet. After all the proof is in the pudding :laugh:

There must be life on other planets says the atheist. They won't say their is.. just that there must be. :laugh:

But if we look at creation and say there must be a designer a Creator then we are stupid, HA!:D

Amazing faith that is what I call it!

But I'm being nice :)

Stu
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ Nov. 18 2007,02:06)
    I'm sure they already have. All those Billions(?) of suns, planets and no other life form?

Hum only this little planet has life?  Their is no proof of other life so there must not be any!  Only this planet being in the right place at the right time and having the right ingredients has life.  OUT OF HOW MANY?!

Gees IF I were atheist I would at least want to prove life on other planets that would make my religion more believable but still not necessarily true.

But that is what man does.  He spends million, probably more like Trillions of dollars wanting to prove his theory. How better than to prove his religion than life on other planets even if it's only bacteria  :laugh:

I think it's sad that the money isn't spent helping people of this planet.  After all the proof is in the pudding :laugh:

There must be life on other planets says the atheist.  They won't say their is.. just that there must be. :laugh:

But if we look at creation and say there must be a designer a Creator then we are stupid, HA!:D

Amazing faith that is what I call it!  

But I'm being nice :)

Unlike for christians, there is no particular hang-up amongst non-believers about the existence of live outside our solar system. There might be, indeed the chances are good when you consider the likely number of planets like ours, and if so how fascinating it will be to find out about it. If there isn't, well there is no atheist dogma that says there must be (actually there is no atheist dogma at all, other than extending agnosticism to a logical conclusion).

It doesn't matter for my own sake if there are aliens or not. It seems to matter to you, though!

Stuart

david
    Participant

So you're saying in all the universe, we might be the only ones that exist? In all the universe?

I just didn't expect that from someone who believes in evolution. The idea that we might be the only ones….

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (david @ Nov. 19 2007,09:30)
    So you're saying in all the universe, we might be the only ones that exist? In all the universe?

I just didn't expect that from someone who believes in evolution. The idea that we might be the only ones….

Exactly David! If we are an accident then the more suns and planets you have then the more chance it would happen again.

The inside of a cell blows my mind. And to think that some believe
    this is an accident.

That's why I say “Amazing Faith”.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (david @ Nov. 19 2007,09:30)
    So you're saying in all the universe, we might be the only ones that exist?  In all the universe?

I just didn't expect that from someone who believes in evolution.  The idea that we might be the only ones….

You seem particularly keen for me to commit to something here. I trust the scientific method which says suspend judgement until you have some evidence. You can tell me your killer argument, David, I don't mind.

How about if I say: Yes, the very basis of all I hold dear will prove to be undone and I shall despair inconsolably if radiotelescopists cannot pretty soon find evidence of the life that I know is out there somewhere?

Stuart :;):

kenrch
    Participant

I'm wondering Stu how do atheist explain love? Is that an accident also? Or do atheist believe that there is love?

acertainchap
    Participant

I see that we get no answer, from Stu, Ken. I'm sure if that's a good sign or not. :;):

Viewing 20 posts - 621 through 640 (of 1,341 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account