Do you believe the theory of Evolution to be true?

• This topic has 1,340 replies, 50 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Stu.
Viewing 20 posts - 561 through 580 (of 1,341 total)
  • Author
    Stu
    Participant

Quote (IM4Truth @ Sep. 05 2007,21:09)
    Hi Charity
    Like your Poem. Wonder if Stuart going to receive it and believe it. Love that pass knowledge is the only way. Love for God that is. I wonder why He is still sticks around. It is almost like He wants to learn of God. We should set a good example to love each other.

Peace and Love Mrs.:D :D

Hello MrsIM4Truth

“No matter what they tell us” you will believe what you believe regardless.

I'm afraid I'm not like that. I will be curious about, and wholeheartedly interested in god(s) when it can be demonstrated that such thing(s) exist. No-one ever has, though.

It is quite sweet that you refer to me (I presume) as “He”.
    Should you be using a capitalised third person pronoun for someone who is not an Imaginary Friend?

With a temporarily inflated ego,

Stuart

:;):

charity
    Participant

>….I'm afraid I'm not like that. I will be curious about, and wholeheartedly interested in god(s) when it can be demonstrated that such thing(s) exist. No-one ever has, though.

That’s okay Stuart, wholeheartedly is good; it’s not fare to expect you just to pretend in a friend, when its just not there, I’m thinking I hope so much that it can be a real experience if that ever happens, that being something that can not be ignored, joy, even if it is un explainable to another how it came about, it may only be seen within a quieting down and happier spirit.

Its so good see the members here that except Science, and we hope that God maybe seen some where along the line of its duty, but its more a thing that you request faith from within yourself, as something that he will deliver, being not of a deadly vain faith, just pretend?

:laugh:

Stu
    Participant

Quote (charity @ Sep. 05 2007,19:07)

Quote (Stu @ Sep. 05 2007,18:44)
    ++”hey david where are you??

…Afterward shall the children of Israel return, and seek the LORD their God, and David their king

Are these two things related??

Stuart

sorry stuart, that was a bit confusing for you

david with the small d is the member david whom you have spoken to on this thread!

And the scripture set as my signature is King David, and concerns prophecy on his resurrection from the dead!

how you doing anyway?

Hi Charity

I'm doing very well thanks, and I hope you are as well.

Your sig. refers to the way that David made prophecies about the ressurection of Jesus, but writing in the first person, using himself as a prototype messiah?

David and Isaiah (and others) made grand prophecies; Jesus proclaimed himself the messiah (as did many others of his time); a few generations later the gospel writers spun things to make the prophecies appear to have been fulfilled. There is no independent record of resurrection of anyone, ever in human history. It is not possible for humans to be born of mothers only. If humans are made in the image of a god, how could that god be born in human form but only of a mother? Do you not think the line of prophecy from David to the gospel writers is an obvious case of a self-fulfilling prophecy (with a little help from some creative fiction writing), if ever there was one?

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

++”That’s okay Stuart, wholeheartedly is good; it’s not fare to expect you just to pretend in a friend, when its just not there, I’m thinking I hope so much that it can be a real experience if that ever happens, that being something that can not be ignored, joy, even if it is un explainable to another how it came about, it may only be seen within a quieting down and happier spirit.

But isn't it more desparate than that? Isn't my mortal soul in peril unless you can convince me to find the Imaginary One? Are you not commanded to evangalise me to within an inch of my life? I think you are probably far too considerate a person to literally follow the antisocial evangelical requirements of the Judeo-Christian book of historical fiction.

++”Its so good see the members here that except Science, and we hope that God maybe seen some where along the line of its duty, but its more a thing that you request faith from within yourself, as something that he will deliver, being not of a deadly vain faith, just pretend?

Sadly, Charity, the members here do not seem to accept science. Rather, they do not understand the process and do not appreciate that in principle at least, all science is open for you to discover for yourself. There is no need to believe on faith alone.
    Worse, they make a virtue out of being able to “know” things which either plainly contradict common observation or just “because I believe it” which is childish. One may be “born again” but never grow past one's second childhood!

Stuart

charity
    Participant

Most definitely Stuart, those a very valid thoughts,  I do understand just as you have, I found myself also looking at things with my feet on the solid ground honestly, and need that if this was going to be my way of life, it would need to be more than just taught as a theology faith a reality. And I requested that if it was to be by an unseen enigma not to be ignored, then so be done, I desire it.
    Yes I agree, Jesus was well instructed from the prophets writings, and yes Isaiah has prophesied from David, holding the faith, and this is and has been A LITTLE ignored
    Even as all the prophets that delivered covenants were spoken of in the book of Enoch, THEY IDENTIFIED THEIR WORKS, and then the OT is the book of Enoch revealed the happenings come to pass, and the New Testament is the old revealed
    I guess Stuart I can’t offer more hope than keep looking at the things like, the dedicated years of BC, to Jesus Christ, and the days beginning at 0 again,as a new beginning in all honesty, just for your own soul, and don’t be enticed into deceitfulness, I know that alone will please God, and where people wish to change these things, they are not being honest to their own souls, for the evidence is they did happen or something great happened on earth, while the Man jesus lived his life, but they just wish to not keep their feet on the earth in honesty, they just didn’t do all this 2000 yrs ago, on behalf of a fairy tale, but dishonesty will try to refuse, like a small child thinks if he puts hands over his eyes, the parent cant see him, because he can't see anything.

charity

charity
    Participant

:D Have a nice day Stuart

Night MRS TRUTH :)

IM4Truth
    Participant

Charity Thank you, you do a really good job on responding to Stuart, I guess I better call Stuart by His name. You say you read the Book of Enoch. We never read that. Maybe we can find it in our Bible Stores now too.
    Yes my German Heritage some times comes through when I put together sentences, but nobody so far has complained, Stuart.
    Talking about a imaginary friend.
    This is what happened to our Granddaughter when she was 2 years old. They lived on the second floor of an Apartment Building. Our Granddaughter always liked to climb on everything. She had gone on the Balcony stood on top of a grill, that is when our Daughter sah what she was doing, but it was to late.
    Down she went. Our Daughter started to scream and the neighbors came outside. Two Man left the scene. Our Granddaughter was taken to the Hospital, but there was not even a blue mark on Her. Nobody could believe that she had fallen of a second floor Balcony. We believe that those two Men that left the scene, had to be Angels. Miracles do still happen at times. :D :D
    Peace and Love Mrs.

Stu
    Participant

Hi Charity

++”Yes I agree, Jesus was well instructed from the prophets writings, and yes Isaiah has prophesied from David, holding the faith, and this is and has been A LITTLE ignored
    Even as all the prophets that delivered covenants were spoken of in the book of Enoch, THEY IDENTIFIED THEIR WORKS…

Charity, do you believe in the prophetic power of your horoscope in the morning paper? I think we all can, because the predictions and advice given are so vague that they could apply to anyone. Can you please give me a biblical prophecy that exactly, and specifically, came to pass, can be verified by the records of people who were not Judeo-Christian, and that could not have applied to any other event in history?

++”and don’t be enticed into deceitfulness, I know that alone will please God, and where people wish to change these things, they are not being honest to their own souls, for the evidence is they did happen or something great happened on earth, while the Man jesus lived his life, but they just wish to not keep their feet on the earth in honesty, they just didn’t do all this 2000 yrs ago, on behalf of a fairy tale, but dishonesty will try to refuse…

What evidence is there that Jesus even existed at all? One unspecific mention by Josephus, and the elaborate fictions of the gospels? What evidence is there that the so-called “miracles”, if they were not invented years after Jesus’ death, were anything other than conjuring? There are many illusionists on earth today who can replicate these supposed miracles quite convincingly.

Did anything “special” happen at all 2000 years ago? This thread has been mainly about evolution, for which there is so much evidence it would be perverse to deny it, and you are suggesting “special” things for which there are not even eyewitness accounts. Which sounds more like a fairy story to you?

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

Quote (IM4Truth @ Sep. 06 2007,01:29)
    Charity Thank you, you do a really good job on responding to Stuart, I guess I better call Stuart by His name. You say you read the Book of Enoch. We never read that. Maybe we can find it in our Bible Stores now too.
    Yes my German Heritage some times comes through when I put together sentences, but nobody so far has complained, Stuart.
    Talking about a imaginary friend.
    This is what happened to our Granddaughter when she was 2 years old. They lived on the second floor of an Apartment Building. Our Granddaughter always liked to climb on everything. She had gone on the Balcony stood on top of a grill, that is when our Daughter sah what she was doing, but it was to late.
    Down she went. Our Daughter started to scream and the neighbors came outside. Two Man left the scene. Our Granddaughter was taken to the Hospital, but there was not even a blue mark on Her. Nobody could believe that she had fallen of a second floor Balcony. We believe that those two Men that left the scene, had to be Angels. Miracles do still happen at times. :D :D
    Peace and Love Mrs.

That is a surprising story MrsIM4Truth and I am glad that it turned out well.

The surprise to me is not so much the survival of a young child falling, but of one as old as two years. There are accounts of infants being trapped under tractor wheels and surviving wihtout a mark in situations that would have killed or seriously injured an adult. It sounds a bit gruesome to say it but young children are very flexible because their bones still have a high cartilege content. I guess the key piece of luck in a fall is not to land on the head.

Is it not possible that the two men who left the scene were visitors from the Church of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints?! :D

Like many infants I survived a fall from the less astonishing height of my pram, although I am told I did hit my head, which may explain a lot.

Stuart

IM4Truth
    Participant

Stuart I don't think so, they would not have walked away. But you can believe what you will, I believe in Angels. Besides I had an experience before too. We had snow and the Highway I was driving on had a icy spot. I was going about 50 miles an hour when I was spinning around several times. I screamed for God and someone took over the wheel for me and straightened the car out, and I was able to continue to drive on. I believe in Angels. I have experienced them.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (IM4Truth @ Sep. 06 2007,18:12)
    Stuart I don't think so, they would not have walked away. But you can believe what you will, I believe in Angels.  Besides I had an experience before too. We had snow and the Highway I was driving on had a icy spot. I was going about 50 miles an hour when I was spinning  around several times. I screamed for God and someone took over the wheel for me and straightened the car out, and I was able to continue to drive on. I believe in Angels. I have experienced them.

A family member of mine thinks I foretold of the sudden death of a great uncle when I was very young. I don't think I did – humans tend not to be very good at estimating the probability of a certain event occurring just by pure chance.

You think of someone you haven't thought of for a while, then later that day the same person rings you. Seems like it was “meant to be” or “someone up there” was organising things. Actually you should be surprised if that sort of thing NEVER happened to you – the chances are much higher than we think.

Stuart

IM4Truth
    Participant

Stuart What do you mean by saying – the chances are much higher than we think?

Well there is such a thing as Extra Sensitive Perception. That goes deep, Stuart. There are a few that have it. Mostly woman have it. Sorry do you feel insulted?

Peace and Love Mrs.

TimothyVI
    Participant

Quote (IM4Truth @ Sep. 07 2007,06:10)
    Stuart What do you mean by saying – the chances are much higher than we think?

Well there is such a thing as Extra Sensitive Perception. That goes deep, Stuart. There are a few that have it. Mostly woman have it. Sorry do you feel insulted?

Peace and Love Mrs.

Hi Mrs.
    Was that an intentional tongue in cheek play on words?

Did you mean extra sensitive, or extra sensory?

For a woman I suppose it could work either way. :D

Tim

IM4Truth
    Participant

Timothy VI I meant sensory you are right it could mean sinsitive for us, because woman are more then Men. :D :D

Peace and Love Mrs.

Stu
    Participant

++”Stuart What do you mean by saying – the chances are much higher than we think?

What I mean is, humans will buy lottery tickets even though the odds of an individual winning the big prize are usually much much smaller that the chances that the person will be involved in a plane crash – we are very poor at estimating how likely things are to happen.

++”Well there is such a thing as Extra Sensitive Perception. That goes deep, Stuart. There are a few that have it. Mostly woman have it. Sorry do you feel insulted?

I'm sorry? Extrasensory perception?? You've got to be joking surely!

Stuart

david
    Participant

hey david where are you??

–Charity.

Right here. My extra sensitive precipitation tells me that some day someone will find the missing link. It will make the headlines as it always does. Then, it will be reclassified as something completely different. But no one will ever hear that story.

charity
    Participant

hey david apparently some evidence is on the way, a banana?

… “News Flash” Reporting of a Post man seen running thru the streets of New Zealand, after delivering a parcel to a private residence
    The post man was last seen to be running for his life, after being chased by the local Apes of the surrounding resident caves, grasping after his postal baggage!!!!
    Apparently the contence of the baggage was under dispute, over who was considered being the best handler, having then a better grip controversy over proving to appear they were created for the Job,
    The police are asking all people that shaved their legs armpits and facial hair to remain off the streets as the evidence is released, this could become a crushing blow to the whole of mankind and how the future will appear

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (charity @ Sep. 16 2007,14:20)
    The police are asking all people that shaved their legs armpits and facial hair to remain off the streets as the evidence is released, this could become a crushing blow to the whole of mankind and how the future will appear

Somebody! Quick! Get this girl a job writing for the local paper!!

Not3in1
    Participant

In addition to “Charity's Rhymns” I think you should add, “Charity's News Blogs” or something….what do you think Charity? Break-up the hum-drum here? Come on……:;):

Please!!

charity
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Sep. 16 2007,17:03)

Quote (charity @ Sep. 16 2007,14:20)

Somebody!  Quick!  Get this girl a job writing for the local paper!!

No ..No …no…  Mandy…I don’t need any encouragement!

t8 would band me before the end of the first day
    david would never speak to me again, after an interview over what he would have wanted for his birthday if ….

And to top it off, all the profits would have to go charity :)

Viewing 20 posts - 561 through 580 (of 1,341 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account