Do you believe the theory of Evolution to be true?

• This topic has 1,340 replies, 50 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Stu.
Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 1,341 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi a4,
    Did you drive your mummy crazy asking why?

kenrch
    Participant

Oh come on I would like to know What scientist named the animals? You know cow, dog, cat, monkey, horse, bird etc.

The basic animal.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi a4,
    You say
    “For example, understanding evolution advances medical knowledge. “
    Really?
    Evolution is an unproven theory so how can what is not proven help medicine?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi a4,
    Life is a terminal illness.
    If you found out that there was a cure for this illness would you be interested?

A4J
    Participant

Hi a4,
    Life is a terminal illness.
    If you found out that there was a cure for this illness would you be interested?

…. hahaha maybe for you :p
    of course if you mean to make it so we can live of ever… yes i would be
    in fact i think stem cell research is very important and should be extensively studied

Hi a4,
    You say
    “For example, understanding evolution advances medical knowledge. “
    Really?
    Evolution is an unproven theory so how can what is not proven help medicine?

the only unproven part is that we come from a common ancetstor

how do you think tuberculosis and other bacterial diseases become immune to antibiotics?
    thanks for proving my speculation that you have no idea what evolution really is, if you did you wouldn't have said that and have made yourself look so stupid
    and believe me.. you did
    Natural selection is real of course (Darwin finches anyone?)
    also if your smart you can realize that micro evolution is real/true because that has been preformed in lab settings hence man has created wingless fruit flys
    but answer my question, how do you think bacteria becomes immune to antibiotics?

Gravity isn't a proven theory either, and you cant really see it, you can only see its effects… do you believe something as crazy as the theory of gravity?

Oh come on I would like to know What scientist named the animals? You know cow, dog, cat, monkey, horse, bird etc.

The basic animal.

Are you saying it is impossible for only humans to name animals?
    well its easy!

and hey… we humanly selected *much like how natural selection works* to make all the different species of dogs…
    you know they are all descendants of the common wolf correct?
    and we have named those… hydrides of dogs and plants are made all the time! and of course we name them!

Hi a4,
    Did you drive your mummy crazy asking why?

nope, is it really bad to ask questions?
    if so, i think you should take your own advice and stop asking such stupid ones! thank you :D

Not3in1
    Participant

AJ,

You say, “…everything else [besides there is a God] makes sense…..”

I'm wondering, is it the Trinity teaching that does not make sense to you, and perhaps why you have given up on the idea of a heavenly God? If not for this reason, why have you determined in your mind that there is not God? What is your evidence that there is no God? Thanks.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 14,
    Actually eternal life is on offer and if take up the opportunity and your generation is when the master returns then you will never die. There is proof of the matter as regards Jesus Christ who came back from the death and was seen by over 500 witnesses.
    I see you are very close to changing a wingless fruitfly into an ape and we will await further developments-where too from there?

A4J
    Participant

AJ,

You say, “…everything else [besides there is a God] makes sense…..”

I'm wondering, is it the Trinity teaching that does not make sense to you, and perhaps why you have given up on the idea of a heavenly God? If not for this reason, why have you determined in your mind that there is not God? What is your evidence that there is no God? Thanks.

i believe in only of what has proof, or evidence…
    do you believe in a tea pot that orbits mars?
    can you disprove it?
    what about bigfoot?
    what about the FSM?

evidence for any of that, is absent however it doesnt make it ok to believe in something just for that reason

and i only believe in ideas with evidence with out any contradicting evidence

Hi 14,
    Actually eternal life is on offer and if take up the opportunity and your generation is when the master returns then you will never die. There is proof of the matter as regards Jesus Christ who came back from the death and was seen by over 500 witnesses.
    I see you are very close to changing a wingless fruitfly into an ape and we will await further developments-where too from there?

eternity can not exist… sorry

i got a question for you

Can god know the future?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi A4,
    The whole of scripture is littered with evidence God knows the future.
    But that is not to say it is written what you will choose for breakfast tomorrow.

A4J
    Participant

Hi A4,
    The whole of scripture is littered with evidence God knows the future.
    But that is not to say it is written what you will choose for breakfast tomorrow.

so he only knows some of the future?
    so he is not all knowing?

Not3in1
    Participant

AJ,

I went to the link you provided earlier and read the article that Penn wrote. Very interesting.

I'm sure you've read the scripture, “It's impossible to please God without faith.”? Because without faith, you cannot believe that God exists. An imaginary friend? No. I don't personally believe so. You see, I have “evidence” that God is real. I have personal healings, I've had prayers answered. I've FELT his presence so close to me that the hair on my arm raised……..what would you call that? Hysteria? High hopes? Dilusions?

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (A4J @ July 31 2007,16:21)
    i believe in only of what has proof, or evidence…

Do you believe you will wake up tomorrow morning?

What evidence do you have that this will happen?
    What proof is there that your heart will keep ticking till the dawn?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi a4,
    If we knew what God knows would we not be God?
    Luke 12:6
    Are not five sparrows sold for two farthings, and not one of them is forgotten before God?

A4J
    Participant

AJ,

I went to the link you provided earlier and read the article that Penn wrote. Very interesting.

I'm sure you've read the scripture, “It's impossible to please God without faith.”? Because without faith, you cannot believe that God exists. An imaginary friend? No. I don't personally believe so. You see, I have “evidence” that God is real. I have personal healings, I've had prayers answered. I've FELT his presence so close to me that the hair on my arm raised……..what would you call that? Hysteria? High hopes? Dilusions?

A prayer is always answered in the form of YES, NO and WAIT
    http://www.godisimaginary.com/video8.htm please watch this! really i think it can help explain this very well :D

also i've had hair raise on songs, or personally, if you have seen NASA TV, the sound and the symbol, at least in my family i get the same feeling but this doesn't really mean anything does it?

you cannot get knowledge from feelings… sorry :(

“You see, I have “evidence” that God is real.”?

What are they?

would you like a PDF document?
    its called why i no longer believe, its Anti-Mormonism, but it explains lots of good feelings, Mormons and jeehoves witnesses claim to have good feelings, along with I'm sure hundreds of other religions…
    what does this mean? it doesn't mean its right? in the bible god said all in the heart was evil, and that he would send strong delusion

Do you believe you will wake up tomorrow morning?

What evidence do you have that this will happen?
    What proof is there that your heart will keep ticking till the dawn?

well, so far i have everyday of my life
    i am healthy
    i eat good
    i am young
    and hearts haven't been documented to stop working with out ANY reason
    also i take aspirin *thats good for your heart* fairly often

by statistics, from the fact that i'm healthy, young, and that hearts just don't stop working, without any reason i'm sure i am going to wake up tomorrow and be just fine :D

just like I'm sure the sun will rise everyday :D
    things happen for a reason wouldn't you agree that everything has a cause?
    *for those who know the cosmology argument this would be a great time to jump in… i do have an excellent argument to add to it, making my points even stronger :D*

A4J
    Participant

Hi a4,
    If we knew what God knows we we not be God?
    Luke 12:6
    Are not five sparrows sold for two farthings, and not one of them is forgotten before God?

explain better… its confusing and i don't want my response sound ignorant 😛

Not3in1
    Participant

:D Stats are not proof. Stats are not evidence of your life continuing tomorrow…….. At last, you have no proof or evidence that you will wake tomorrow morning. However, you do “trust” that because of past results with baby aspirin, and past reports of young people not having heart attacks that you will wake tomorrow. I'm sure you will, too. But I have no evidence or proof of it.

A4J
    Participant

:D Stats are not proof. Stats are not evidence of your life continuing tomorrow…….. At last, you have no proof or evidence that you will wake tomorrow morning. However, you do “trust” that because of past results with baby aspirin, and past reports of young people not having heart attacks that you will wake tomorrow. I'm sure you will, too. But I have no evidence or proof of it.

right, but it makes more since to believe that you will, because you have more evidence you will *health etc* then that you will die
    so thats still the logical conclusion
    i guess i only believe what seems the most logical… that makes sense correct?

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (A4J @ July 31 2007,17:05)

:D Stats are not proof.  Stats are not evidence of your life continuing tomorrow……..  At last, you have no proof or evidence that you will wake tomorrow morning.  However, you do “trust” that because of past results with baby aspirin, and past reports of young people not having heart attacks that you will wake tomorrow.  I'm sure you will, too.  But I have no evidence or proof of it.

right, but it makes more since to believe that you will, because you have more evidence you will *health etc* then that you will die
    so thats still the logical conclusion
    i guess i only believe what seems the most logical… that makes sense correct?

Yes, it makes better sense to believe something because it seems to be more logical rather than to *only* believe something because there is proof or evidence. :)

PS – I had a friend who used to jog with me – he was 25 and the picture of health……..he died last year of a heart attack.

A4J
    Participant

Margerine? haha jk
    yeah things happen but you can only guess on things that involve the future… it is impossible to predict the future…
    however it is not impossible to know the past!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi a4,
    So barring car accidents, heart attacks,cancer or a stroke, you, with your diet and aspirin, are hopeful of living maybe 80 years of so? That is enough?

Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 1,341 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account