Do you believe the theory of Evolution to be true?

• This topic has 1,340 replies, 50 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Stu.
Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 1,341 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi a4,
    Hebrews 11:1
    Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

A4J
    Participant

Hi Nick

Hebrews 11:1
    Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

What?
    is that a definition?

okay so you hope there is a god, thats your faith?

charity
    Participant

Psa 18:13 The LORD also thundered in the heavens, and the Highest gave his voice; hail [stones] and coals of fire.
    Psa 18:14 Yea, he sent out his arrows, and scattered them; and he shot out lightnings, and discomfited them.
    The first part of the rebuke was the flood; the second part was the scattering of them, and they should need the meat of earth, that God promised to feed the creation, scattered
    Sience just proves that God has said he formed man from the dust, to dust they return, with fire and waters Rock is formed, from that dust, a little spit, makes clay, give up the Ghost, for it assends back to where it came from.
    Psa 18:15 Then the channels of waters were seen, and the foundations of the world were discovered at thy rebuke, O LORD, at the blast of the breath of thy nostrils.
    Gen 11:1 ¶ And the whole earth was of one language, and of one speech. Gen 11:3 And they said one to another, Go to, let us make brick, and burn them throughly. And they had brick for stone, and slime had they for morter.
    4 And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top [may reach] unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth. :5 And the LORD came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men builded. :6 And the LORD said, Behold, the people [is] one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do. :7 Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech. :8 So the LORD scattered them abroad from thence upon the face of all the earth: and they left off to build the city. :9 Therefore is the name of it called Babel; because the LORD did there confound the language of all the earth: and from thence did the LORD scatter them abroad upon the face of all the earth.

A4J
    Participant

What does this prove?

charity
    Participant

Quote (A4J @ July 31 2007,09:36)
    What does this prove?

Nothing that dose not use, a gospel with gravity, by standing up, as a tree growing towards the force of power for its existence, shall other wise crawl on its belly, in the dust thought out its life,
    And all the creatures shall sing their own Song

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi A4,
    Are you really unaware of a benign force enabling you to enjoy your life?
    Do you really feel totally alone and that all things are utterly reliant on your own control?

A4J
    Participant

That doesnt prove anything, where is your evidence?
    talk normal please (modern English?) about what your trying to say

so… things like plants grow towards the sun, all animals are different and some of them crawl on the ground?

what?

A4J
    Participant

Hi A4,
    Are you really unaware of a benign force enabling you to enjoy your life?
    Do you really feel totally alone and that all things are utterly reliant on your own control?

are you saying a person can't be happy if they do not believe in a god?

alone? i am not! i have friends, family, love of life and whatever els there is to enjoy in this wonderful universe

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5015557 listen to this audio file on this link…. it explains a lot that you obviously cannot grasp on your own… for you have not seen the other side

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi a4,
    You should give the bible a chance.
    It is a message written out of love for all men to offer them a future and a hope beyond the grave.

A4J
    Participant

Hi a4,
    You should give the bible a chance.
    It is a message written out of love for all men to offer them a future and a hope beyond the grave

who says i haven't?
    and don't get me wrong, i think Jesus is a great person, an excellent philosopher its not even really the bible i do not believe, its the beliefe that there is a god, i believe there is no god, i believe everything happend another way… everything els makes perfect since

A4J stands for Atheist for Jesus http://richarddawkins.net/article….Dawkins

But it just doesn't make sense, Noah's arc, water above the earth, living forever until a fruit is eaten, and my all time favorite that there were no dinosaurs on earth? or that there were and we lived with them and all the uranium-lead/carbon dating is wrong

A4J
    Participant

also, just because a book makes you happy doesn't make it correct… you need facts and evidence for that
    or at least i do

For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.

Carl Sagan

i wouldn't want to live my life believing there is hope beyond the gave with no evidence or proof and likely be wrong
    i would rather live my life as it is, and learn as much as i can

the beauty about being a scientist, is we want more knowledge, we want more information… if that means being wrong about the past, so be it. i'm ok with being wrong, it means i get to learn something new and thats always fun

charity
    Participant

Quote (A4J @ July 31 2007,10:17)
    That doesnt prove anything, where is your evidence?
    talk normal please (modern English?) about what your trying to say

so… things like plants grow towards the sun, all animals are different and some of them crawl on the ground?

what?

:D Why, then I would just sound like you: laugh:

SYMBOLIC AND LITUREAL IS NOT AN EVERYDAY language?
    Ears hear, the symbolic, eyes see the literal
    And Intellect, the engineer
    Symbolic and literal are both the system engineers,
    both are needed for the final truth
    Form the Invisible, is made visible

Literal designs without ears to hear

Symbolic often refuses the eyes evidence to see

A4J
    Participant

:D Why, then I would just sound like you: laugh:

What kind of Christian are you?
    haven't you heard what jesus teaches?
    do unto others as you would want others to do unto you.. DUH! even i do that..
    …come on leave out the personal insults 😛 thank you
    we will get no where with this… obviously

SYMBOLIC AND LITUREAL IS NOT AN EVERYDAY language?

what?
    no its not a language… it might in it however.
    but wait… what is LITUREAL? maybe that is a language…i don't know…

Ears hear, the symbolic, eyes see the literal
    And Intellect, the engineer (wtfsm? i dont get this line)
    Symbolic and literal are both the system engineers (engineers of the mind?)
    both are needed for the final truth (so in other words, listen, see and think to learn?”
    Form the Invisible, is made visible ( invisible in the since you cant see it, or you cant detect it?)
    assuming you mean see,
    if thats it, DUH!
    thats pretty much what i have been saying the whole time

but this isn't any proof for anything, its just a bunch of stupid words… that maybe bring meaning to some?

A4J
    Participant

Literal designs without ears to hear

Symbolic often refuses the eyes evidence to see

Uhhh! this doesn't show me any proof!!!
    thats all I'm asking
    what is your point?

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (A4J @ July 31 2007,10:39)
    also, just because a book makes you happy doesn't make it correct… you need facts and evidence for that
    or at least i do

For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.

Carl Sagan

i wouldn't want to live my life believing there is hope beyond the gave with no evidence or proof and likely be wrong
    i would rather live my life as it is, and learn as much as i can

the beauty about being a scientist, is we want more knowledge, we want more information… if that means being wrong about the past, so be it. i'm ok with being wrong, it means i get to learn something new and thats always fun

Hi a4,
    You need evidence?
    Read the book.
    Will you need to put your fingers in the holes in his body to be sure?
    That might be difficult.
    “blessed are those who have not seen and yet believe”

A4J
    Participant

How does a book give evidence?
    will it explain how everyone is deluded with evolution?

“blessed are those who have not seen and yet believe”

Hmmmm… why does this bless me?

hey.. i haven't seen evolution…. blessed me!

A4J
    Participant

The Bible tells us to use more than our heart. We need to use reason and logic.

Test everything. Hold on to the good. (1 Thessalonians 5:21)

And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his HEART was only evil continually. (Genesis 6:5)

And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness. (2 Thessalonians 2:11-12)

So if it doesn't make logical sense, but you have a true and good feeling it shouldn't even stand up to your belief systems if you abide by the bible.

There is a logical explanation figured mathematically for almost everything and it does exclude god.. its called science and it explains; life, the universe, and everything :)

there bible Vs Bible!

now use logic and proof :D the bible says to do so correct?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi a4,
    Stop trying to figure it all out- nobody can.
    Be a little kid.

kenrch
    Participant

Just wondering, what sicentist named the animals?

A4J
    Participant

There is no reason to believe that being a little kid is more desirable. Even if it is more desirable, little kids always ask questions. That is how they learn.

Hi a4,
    Stop trying to figure it all out- nobody can.
    Be a little kid.

What is wrong with trying to figure things out? Obviously, we can never figure out everything; however, knowledge can improve the human condition. For example, understanding evolution advances medical knowledge. You are only stating the obvious as it were profound.

Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 1,341 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account