Did Jesus really die for all?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 128 total)
  • Author
    chosenone
    Participant

All scripture you quote from Luke 24, is of course, to the Jews. Acts 17.30-31, 30 “Indeed, then, condoning the times of ignorance, God is now charging mankind that all everywhere are to repent, He was CONDONING thier ignorence, that is, their ignorence of the truth was being catered to. Read carefully, you will find the truth.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    The gospel spoke of in Lk relates to all men beginning in Jerusalem.
    You need to correctly cut the Word of truth.

chosenone
    Participant

Matt.15:24. “I was NOT commissioned EXCEPT to the lost sheep of the House of Israel”. Jesus' words, do you not understand? This is how we “correctly cut the word of truth”. You incorrectly do so.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    Tha same gospel was taken to all men everywhere.
    Have you heard it?

chosenone
    Participant

No, I have not seen any scripture saying, “the same gospel was taken to all men everywhere”. Paul was chosen by God for the “nations” (Ro.15:16). Jesus for the “circumcision” (Jews) (Ro.15:8). Maybe you heard it by listening to the “gospel of Nick:.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    Paul and the apostles obeyed Christ and preached the gospel urging all men everywhere to repent.
    Hear him.

chosenone
    Participant

Repent? What did Jesus die for, if not our sins? You are asking God to do what He sent His Son to do, and yes, HAS DONE!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    Certainly God has done his part.
    the Son of God has done his part.
    the rest is up to all men everywhere.

chosenone
    Participant

What nonsense, please quote scripture, not the 'gospel of Nick'.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    Are you not among the all men everywhere? Are you not among the lost Jesus came to save?

chosenone
    Participant

Still no scripture, just the 'gospel of Nick'. Having trouble finding scripture to support your 'truths'?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    No the gospel of Christ for the Jews and Gentiles which I have the privelege in serving is supported by God and His Son and all the apostles so I do not need any more support.

chosenone
    Participant

Just the'gospel of Nick, is that all we need?

chosenone
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 06 2007,09:17)
    Hi CO,
    No the gospel of Christ for the Jews and Gentiles which I have the privelege in serving is supported by God and His Son and all the apostles so I do not need any more support.

Then please show scripture!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Co,
    Do not attack and divide the gospel.
    It makes men one with Israel in Christ and in God.
    It is precious.

kejonn
    Participant

Context, context, context.

Matthew 15:21-28

21 Jesus went away from there, and withdrew into the district of Tyre and Sidon.

22 And a Canaanite woman from that region came out and began to cry out, saying, “Have mercy on me, Lord, Son of David; my daughter is cruelly demon-possessed.”

23 But He did not answer her a word. And His disciples came and implored Him, saying, “Send her away, because she keeps shouting at us.”

24But He answered and said, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

25 But she came and began to bow down before Him, saying, “Lord, help me!”

26 And He answered and said, “It is not good to take the children's bread and throw it to the dogs.”

27 But she said, “Yes, Lord; but even the dogs feed on the crumbs which fall from their masters' table.”

28 Then Jesus said to her, “O woman, your faith is great; it shall be done for you as you wish.” And her daughter was healed at once.

There was a lesson for us here. No words of the Bible are wasted, only the important stuff makes it in. Yes, v.24 says that Yeshua was sent to the “lost sheep of Israel”, but the point of this narrative was to show that faith in God was the important component. It did not matter that this woman was not a Jew, she had the faith that was necessary. This also tells us that his message and ministry reached all people in the area.

John 12:20-26

20 Now there were some Greeks among those who were going up to worship at the feast;

21 these then came to Philip, who was from Bethsaida of Galilee, and began to ask him, saying, “Sir, we wish to see Jesus.”

22 Philip came and told Andrew; Andrew and Philip came and told Jesus.

23 And Jesus answered them, saying, “The hour has come for the Son of Man to be glorified.

24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the earth and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it bears much fruit.

25 “He who loves his life loses it, and he who hates his life in this world will keep it to life eternal.

26 “If anyone serves Me, he must follow Me; and where I am, there My servant will be also; if anyone serves Me, the Father will honor him.

Greeks (who were not Jews BTW) came to follow Yeshua. Yeshua did not turn them away; he merely gave the conditions that would be required of those who serve him.

In other words, his message and ministry was to all.

chosenone
    Participant

Hi kejonn.
    Jesus was commisioned to “the lost sheep of the house of Israel”. This doesn't mean He never conversed or associated with gentiles, but in that era, the gentiles had no part with God. The Jews were “Gods chosen people” and Jesus' commission was to them only, only they were offered the “Kingdom” if they obeyed the law and their covenant with God. They could not obey the law, and they rejected and murdered their prophesied “Messiah”. After His ressurection, when they still rejected Him (Jesus), God set them aside and turned to the nations (Acts 13:46), of whom Paul was commisioned.
    Now this is not to say that it should be ignored by us. We should definately study the four Gospels and Jesus teachings, for it will help us to understand what God is doing (“All is of God:”-Ro.11:36), but we must realise that His teachings were for the Jews only, who were still under the “law” and the “Old Covenant”. To sum it up… All scripture is FOR us, but not all scripture is ABOUT us.
    Only Pauls epistles are for the Nations (gentiles and believing Jews). We must “correctly cut the word of truth” (2 Tim.2:15)

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Co,
    If you reject the gospel of Jesus and will only hear the messages given by Paul then you will not find those messages to the nations in his letters. They are his teachings written to the saints. He is a teacher as well as an apostle.

Instead you will have to hear his voice when he speaks as an apostle in Acts.

Like chapter 17
    “24God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;

25Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;

26And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;

27That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:

28For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.

29Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.

30And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

31Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

32And when they heard of the resurrection of the dead, some mocked: and others said, We will hear thee again of this matter.”

chosenone
    Participant

These “saints” were in the “nations”.

kejonn
    Participant

Whatever are we to do with these verses?

Matthew 28:18-20 – And Jesus came up and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo,I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”

1 Corinthians 7:19 – Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but what matters is the keeping of the commandments of God.

1 John 2:3-4 – By this we know that we have come to know Him, if we keep His commandments. The one who says, “I have come to know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him;

1 John 5:3 – For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments; and His commandments are not burdensome

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 128 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account