Did jesus have the same spirit as believers?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 401 total)
  • Author
    bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Aug. 20 2009,17:46)

Quote (Not3in1 @ Aug. 19 2009,15:44)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 20 2009,07:27)
    Hi not 3,
    Brothers do not teach falsehoods.

Who determines what the falsehoods are that they teach?

The bible…..

You…..

A group of robed, white-bearded men who float 10 inches from the ground?

Seriously, I ask you!

Love,
    Mandy

Hi Mandy

Quote (Not3in1 @ Aug. 19 2009,15:44)
    A group of robed, white-bearded men who float 10 inches from the ground?

Hey, watch it, I have a white beard! I am still working on floating 10″ off the ground though!

Blessings WJ

You are already off the ground too high telling God who He can and can't give The Holy Spirit to. It really was unwise and unintelligent for you to assume such a thing. Do you think only Christians receive The Holy Spirit? If you do you really don't read the scriptures you claim as your own because The Holy Spirit was being received by people before Christ was born including the fact that Mary even had it before Jesus and so did many others.

These weren't Christians. Also, you must also believe that no Jew today has The Holy Spirit, is that your belief?

You make excuses why you do not want to engage with me but maybe the fact is you love a lie. God is not a respector of persons but yet you seem to think that God is a respector of persons and as far as The Holy Spirit goes have you never read what Jesus said?

John 3:6-8 (King James Version)

6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

But saying a Muslim or Jew can't have The Holy Spirit you judgeth the flesh.

John 8:14-16 (King James Version)

15 Ye judge after the flesh; I judge no man.

Acts 24

13 Neither can they prove the things whereof they now accuse me.

14 But this I confess unto thee, that after the way which they call heresy, so worship I the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the law and in the prophets:

Nevertheless WJ you still did not accept the fact that Blaspheming of The Holy Spirit is unforgiveable because blapheming God is unforgiveable as is written in the Law but Balspheming Jesus is Forgiveable so therefore according to the scriptures he cannot be God.

Calling me a Muslim and stuffing your ears won't change the facts and the fact is be careful who you call a heretic it is you that assume that God is triune not me which is interesting because you say that inside you this triune spirit is all one God and yet you say that God has 3 distinct wills and personages. This could be confusing to you.

God Bless you anyway!

Quote (kerwin @ Aug. 20 2009,06:51)
    Why did Jesus only mention only himself and God if he meant himself, God, and the Holy Spirit?

Hi Cato

But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit,”WHOM THE FATHER WILL SEND IN MY NAME”, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. John 14:26

“When the Counselor comes, “WHOM I WILL SEND TO YOU FROM THE FATHER”, the Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father, he will testify about me. John 15:26

Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of “the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost“: Matt 28:19

Blessings WJ

Lightenup
    Participant

Hi all,
    The Spirit that we are united in is a part of the living God. The Spirit is united in Christ and can be united in us and that's good news!!!

Phil 2:1-2
    Be Like Christ 2 Therefore if there is any encouragement in Christ, if there is any consolation of love, if there is any fellowship of the Spirit, if any affection and compassion,
    2 make my joy complete by being of the same mind, maintaining the same love, united in spirit, intent on one purpose.
    NASU

Let's see that this verse is speaking of “its” not persons.
    a mind is an “it”
    love is an “it”
    spirit is an “it”
    purpose is an “it”

All those “its” in us make us like Christ…hallelujah for the “its”!!!

Or would those four “things” be four persons…nah, don't think so.

Kathi

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Aug. 21 2009,03:08)

Quote (kerwin @ Aug. 20 2009,06:51)
    Why did Jesus only mention only himself and God if he meant himself, God, and the Holy Spirit?

Hi Cato

But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit,”WHOM THE FATHER WILL SEND IN MY NAME”, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. John 14:26

“When the Counselor comes, “WHOM I WILL SEND TO YOU FROM THE FATHER”, the Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father, he will testify about me. John 15:26

Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of “the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost“: Matt 28:19

Blessings WJ

Hi WJ,
    Jesus told us not to prepare what to say when we stand before the judge because the SPIRIT OF THE FATHER will give us the words.So tell us of this Spirit and how you think the Spirit of the Father is not the Holy Spirit.

Lightenup
    Participant

I think that it would be good to see what an “it” can do:

Love,
    what is love?

IT is kind
    IT is patient
    IT rejoices with the truth
    IT bears all things
    IT believes all things
    IT hopes all things
    IT endures all things

Now, according to some trinitarian reasoning that we have had lately, love must be a person, and since we are to abide in love and love is to be in us, and since God is love, love must be God and that would give us yet another separate person of the ummm trinity? No, couldn't be trinity because that would make four separate persons…the Father, the Son, the Holy Spirit, the Love. Let's see maybe I'm forgetting some, ok here ya go:
    The Father, the Son, the Holy Spirit, the Love, the Mind, the Purpose…wow, that's a six in one God.

My point is that love is an “it” as WJ would say yet it does things that a person does. Now Keith, are you fine with love being an “it” at the same time it acts like a person, i.e. being kind, patient etc. If you are then you should be fine with the spirit being a part of God and acting like a person does in some senses. This should eliminate that argument for good.

Kathi

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 21 2009,05:44)

Love,
    what is love?

IT is kind
    IT is patient
    IT bears all things
    IT believes all things
    IT hopes all things
    IT endures all things

Now, according to some trinitarian reasoning that we have had lately, love must be a person, and since we are to abide in love and love is to be in us, and since God is love, love must be God and that would give us yet another separate person of the ummm trinity?  No, couldn't be trinity because that would make four separate persons…the Father, the Son, the Holy Spirit, the Love.  Let's see maybe I'm forgetting some, ok here ya go:
    The Father, the Son, the Holy Spirit, the Love, the Mind, the Purpose…wow, that's a six in one God.

My point is that love is an “it” as WJ would say yet it does things that a person does.  Now Keith, are you fine with love being an “it” at the same time it acts like a person, i.e. being kind, patient etc.  If you are then you should be fine with the spirit being a part of God and acting like a person does in some senses.  This should eliminate that argument for good.

Kathi

I agree Kathi,

That was a very good post and very clear but as Gene said, it won't matter. It won't matter any more than if you were to give a blind person an incredibly large pair of Glasses and a telescope or a deaf person an astoundingly loud set of amplified earphones to hear thunder. Shout and wave all you like the seal has been set.

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 20 2009,11:12)
    Hi all,
    The Spirit that we are united in is a part of the living God.  The Spirit is united in Christ and can be united in us and that's good news!!!

Be Like Christ 2 Therefore if there is any encouragement in Christ, if there is any consolation of love, if there is any fellowship of the Spirit, if any affection and compassion,
    2 make my joy complete by being of the same mind, maintaining the same love, united in spirit, intent on one purpose.
    NASU

a mind is an “it”
    love is an “it”
    spirit is an “it”
    purpose is an “it”

Kathi

Hi All

Since Kathi will not address me then I also will speak to you!

First of all the word “It” is not even found in Kathi’s quote!

But hey I can go along with that, but she will have to admit that the Father and Jesus is an “It”, therefore you would have to admit that an “It” can be a person!

God is Spirit, so God is an “It”, so an “It” is a person, hallelujah, right?

The Lord is the Spirit, so the Lord is an “It”, so an “It” is a person, hallelujah, right?

Therefore the Lord who is the Spirit is a person!

But let’s look at her quote…

Be Like Christ 2 Therefore if there is any encouragement in Christ, if there is any consolation of love, if there is any fellowship of the Spirit, if any affection and compassion, make my joy complete by being of the same mind, maintaining the same love, united in spirit, intent on one purpose. Phil 2:1, 2

1.We can be encouraged in Christ! Jesus is a person.
    2.We can be comforted in Love. God is Love and God is a person!
    3.We can have fellowship of the Spirit. God is Spirit, the Lord is the Spirit, and the Spirit is a person!
    4.We have the same mind, which is the mind of Christ, Jesus is a person!
    5.We are united in Spirit because the Lord who is the Spirit is in us, therefore the Spirit is a person!

The confusion comes from not realizing that man is a Spirit being who lives in a flesh Tent which the Bible calls the “Temple” of God, our bodies!

God is a Spirit being, Angels are Spirit beings, and man who is made in the likeness of God is a Spirit being!

Scriptures clearly teach that the Holy Spirit is a Spirit being. Man’s Spirit can be “united” by the “One Spirit” of whom the Lord is! There is only “One Spirit” which is God.

WJ

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Aug. 21 2009,06:09)

Hi all,
    The Spirit that we are united in is a part of the living God.  The Spirit is united in Christ and can be united in us and that's good news!!!

NASU

a mind is an “it”
    love is an “it”
    spirit is an “it”
    purpose is an “it”

Kathi

Hi All

But hey I can go along with that, but she will have to admit that the Father and Jesus is an “It”, therefore you would have to admit that an “It” can be a person!

The Lord is the Spirit, so the Lord is an “It”, so an “It” is a person, hallelujah, right?

Be Like Christ 2 Therefore if there is any encouragement in Christ, if there is any consolation of love, if there is any fellowship of the Spirit, if any affection and compassion, make my joy complete by being of the same mind, maintaining the same love, united in spirit, intent on one purpose. Phil 2:1, 2

3.We can have fellowship of the Spirit. God is Spirit, the Lord is the Spirit, and the Spirit is a person!
    5.We are united in Spirit because the Lord who is the Spirit is in us, therefore the Spirit is a person!

The confusion comes from not realizing that man is a Spirit being who lives in a flesh Tent or the Bible calls the “Temple” of God our bodies!

God is a Spirit being, Angels are Spirit, beings, and man who is made in the likeness of God is a Spirit being!

Scriptures clearly teach that the Holy Spirit is a Spirit being. Man’s Spirit can be “united” by the “One Spirit” of whom the Lord is! There is only “One Spirit” which is God.

WJ

so you do admit then that an Angel is a Holy Spirit whom God can send to comfort or teach, right?

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Aug. 20 2009,14:09)

Hi all,

NASU

a mind is an “it”
    love is an “it”
    spirit is an “it”
    purpose is an “it”

Kathi

Hi All

The confusion comes from not realizing that man is a Spirit being who lives in a flesh Tent or the Bible calls the “Temple” of God our bodies!

God is a Spirit being, Angels are Spirit, beings, and man who is made in the likeness of God is a Spirit being!

WJ

You are right Bo, it went right past him! Amazing as he continues to add to the confusion. WOW!

The Holy Spirit is an intimate part of the Father and is our greatest gift from God through His SON, uniting us in one mind, one spirit, one purpose, and one love. And how does the Father do that? By His Spirit we are united. A simple message, our treasure, and our hope.

Kathi

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi all,

NASU

a mind is an “it”
    love is an “it”
    spirit is an “it”
    purpose is an “it”

Kathi

Hi All

WJ

Hi WJ,
    So one of the so called Persons in your god is the Spirit of God?

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 20 2009,13:44)

Love,
    what is love?

IT is kind
    IT is patient
    IT bears all things
    IT believes all things
    IT hopes all things
    IT endures all things

Now, according to some trinitarian reasoning that we have had lately, love must be a person, and since we are to abide in love and love is to be in us, and since God is love, love must be God and that would give us yet another separate person of the ummm trinity?  No, couldn't be trinity because that would make four separate persons…the Father, the Son, the Holy Spirit, the Love.  Let's see maybe I'm forgetting some, ok here ya go:

My point is that love is an “it” as WJ would say yet it does things that a person does.  Now Keith, are you fine with love being an “it” at the same time it acts like a person, i.e. being kind, patient etc.  If you are then you should be fine with the spirit being a part of God and acting like a person does in some senses.  This should eliminate that argument for good.

Kathi

Hi All

Of course Kathi is reaching now.

For everyone knows that the following…

IT is kind, IT is patient, IT rejoices with the truth, IT bears all things,  IT believes all things, IT hopes all things, IT endures all things.

can only happen if there is a “PERSON”.

The Spirit in fact does all those things which are merely fruit or characteristics of a person and not an “It”.

Kathi wants us to believe that somehow these “Its” exist outside of a person. It is totally ludicrous to think that an “It” by itself can love! Love cannot love; love needs a person to exist! God is love but because God is the source of love. A living being loves! Love is not God because the “It” called love is not a living being!

Notice that the description of love in 1 Cor 13 does not say “Love is  Spirit”!

Love, what is love? God is love, and God is a person!

Love is all those things because love comes from a living person!

It defies logic to believe that love exist without a living person!

My point is that love is an “it” as WJ would say yet it does things that a person does.  

Kathi, love doesn’t do anything without a person, without a living being love does not exist!

Now Keith, are you fine with love being an “it” at the same time it acts like a person, i.e. being kind, patient etc.

Sure I am fine with the word love being an “it”, but it cannot act without a person, because it doesn’t exist without a person! Love is characteristic of a person.

If you are then you should be fine with the spirit being a part of God and acting like a person does in some senses.  This should eliminate that argument for good.

But you said it yourself Kathi that God is love, but love is not God. So why would I have to accept that the One Spirit that the scriptures claims is the Lord is an ‘it”?

The Spirit is not the fruit of the Spirit, the Spirit is the source of the fruit which is….

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. Gal 5:22, 23

Of course you would like to claim that you have solved this and it should be the end of it, but all you have done is opened up more cans of worms.

The Arians and the Henotheist and Unitarians accuse Trinitarians of confusion, but you have completely abandoned logic to hold on to your Arian faith by claiming an “It” can love. IMO

Blessings WJ

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 20 2009,14:39)

Hi all,

NASU

a mind is an “it”
    love is an “it”
    spirit is an “it”
    purpose is an “it”

Kathi

Hi All

WJ

Hi WJ,

Hi NH

Yes like the Son of God is a person!

WJ

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 20 2009,14:38)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Aug. 20 2009,14:09)

Hi all,

NASU

a mind is an “it”
    love is an “it”
    spirit is an “it”
    purpose is an “it”

Kathi

Hi All

WJ

You are right Bo, it went right past him!  Amazing as he continues to add to the confusion.  WOW!

The Holy Spirit is an intimate part of the Father and is our greatest gift from God through His SON, uniting us in one mind, one spirit, one purpose, and one love.  And how does the Father do that?  By His Spirit we are united. A simple message, our treasure, and our hope.

Kathi

Hi Kathi

What went past me, that the Muslim is claiming an Angel of God is the Holy Spirit?

Or that an Angel is not a living being but an “It”?

WJ

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Aug. 21 2009,07:03)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 20 2009,14:39)

Hi all,

NASU

a mind is an “it”
    love is an “it”
    spirit is an “it”
    purpose is an “it”

Kathi

Hi All

WJ

Hi WJ,

Hi NH

Yes like the Son of God is a person!

WJ

Hi WJ,
    You speak from the weak foundation of theology as Scripture says nothing of the kind.
    God pours of His Spirit and that Spirit is never apart from him… as another person.
    You told us yourself.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WJ,
    So you deny you are blessed by the Spirit of God in Jesus?
    Then why should we pay any attention to what you say?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WJ,
    Scripture often speaks of the SPIRIT OF GOD
    Does this refer to your trinity God or a “person” in that strange god or something else?

Lightenup
    Participant

WJ
    What went past you? The idea that an “it” can be said to do things. You have been ranting about how does an “it” do this and how does an “it” do that. Well, I gave you an answer but yet you still can't see it as possible for a part of God to grieve or lead or comfort.

BTW, an “it” can do amazing things since “it” is a most incredible part of the Most High God. What “it” can do is beyond measure! You seem to only accept the Holy Spirit as worthy of your devotion if the Holy Spirit is a separate person and not worthy of your devotion if the Holy Spirit is only the very PART of the Father that can comfort, guide, etc. IMO you have made the trinity doctrine into an idol, a doctrine…imagine that!

All that you have demonstrated to me is that you want to argue for the sake of your idol.

There is the Spirit of the Living God
    There is also the Spirit of the Lord Jesus
    There is also a spirit within each man. When the three are united, we have one spirit. Christ then lives in us, the Father then lives in us and we are one with them. Hallelujah!

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 20 2009,15:14)
    Hi WJ,
    You speak from the weak foundation of theology as Scripture says nothing of the kind.
    God pours of His Spirit and that Spirit is never apart from him… as another person.
    You told us yourself.

And you speak against the scriptures for the scriptures says…

THE LORD IS THE SPIRIT“, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. 2 Cor 3:17

Jesus calls the Holy Spirit “He, him”, the Spirit is a person!

WJ

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WJ,
    So the Spirit of God given to Jesus is accessible also to those in his body.

The Lord is the LORD JESUS if you are in him[1Cor8]

No strange trinity god in scripture.

you should know our god

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 20 2009,15:34)

WJ
    What went past you?  The idea that an “it” can be said to do things.  You have been ranting about how does an “it” do this and how does an “it” do that. Well, I gave you an answer but yet you still can't see it as possible for a part of God to grieve or lead or comfort.

What went past you that an “It” like love can be experienced without a person?

BTW, an “it” can do amazing things since “it” is a most incredible part of the Most High God.  What “it” can do is beyond measure!

It defies logic to say that an “It” can do anything like Love  without being a person or living being!

You seem to only accept the Holy Spirit as worthy of your devotion if the Holy Spirit is a separate person and not worthy of your devotion if the Holy Spirit is only the very PART of the Father that can comfort, guide, etc.

It is I Kathi that embraces the Spirit as God, you are the one that denigrates the Spirit of God to an “It” or some amorphous power! As I said you make the Spirit less than a human which is a person, a living being, or even a dog that is a living creature that can show love!

IMO you have made the trinity doctrine into an idol, a doctrine…imagine that!

You know what they say about opinions, but have I mentioned the word “Trinity” here?

No, but some how this is supposed to ad validity to your judgment and accusations toward me. Let’s attack the messenger now since I cannot disprove his message!

All that you have demonstrated to me is that you want to argue for the sake of your idol.

It takes two as they say Kathi, but continue on with your judgment of me, for I know in whom I have believed!

There is the Spirit of the Living God
    There is also the Spirit of the Lord Jesus
    There is also a spirit within each man.  When the three are united, we have one spirit.  Christ then lives in us, the Father then lives in us and we are one with them.  Hallelujah!

Your Christology leaves out Jesus own words when he says…

Kathi, you claim that I worship an Idol, yet all I am doing is holding on to the truth of the scripture that I believe God has shown me.

How am I doing any different than you or anyone else on this board?

Blessings WJ

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 401 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account