Did jesus have the same spirit as believers?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 401 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WJ,
    Three persons?
    God was in Christ[2Cor5]

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 24 2009,16:35)
    Hi WJ,
    So when scripture refers to the Spirit of God[eg in Rom 8] it does not mean the Spirit of God?

NH

Now “the Lord is the Spirit”, and where “the Spirit of the Lord” is, there is liberty. 2 Cor 3:17

Do you see a difference?

WJ

Lightenup
    Participant

Hi Keith,
    Thank you for discussing this with me. I disagree with you but I don't have anything more to offer right now. Maybe I was just supposed to dig deeper in the scriptures and I appreciate you and Thinker for your challenges. I am confident with what I have shared. I believe that I have overcome your challenges and I have no desire to continually address the same points that I feel like I have already addressed. I guess we have to agree to disagree.

So, to summarize my beliefs according to the scope of this thread…
    I believe that Jesus has a different Spirit within Him than we have within us because He does not have a spirit of adoption for one thing. He does have his own personal spirit, the Spirit of the Lord Jesus which is also called the Spirit of Christ and has been filled with the Holy Spirit of His Father which is in unity with Jesus's personal spirit, the Spirit of Christ.

The unbeliever has their own personal carnal spirit within them and could also have unclean spirits as well but not necessarily.

The believer has their own personal spirit within them and the united Spirit of the Father and Son which God sends to us in and through His Son. These spirits are also united to become one spirit. And that is how I understand the ONE Spirit that believer's share in…the believer's spirit united with the spirits of the Father and the Son.
    The believer is not forced to allow the united Spirit of the Father and of the Son to dictate their actions and therefore the believer still maintains control and can choose to walk in the fullness of that one Spirit or not.

I will seek to walk in that fullness and invite others to do so also. God is pouring out His Spirit and I want all He has for me.

God's love and guidance to you Keith and all that continually come here for a desire to learn.
    May the arguing decrease and the Lord Jesus increase in our spirit,
    Kathi

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Aug. 25 2009,08:57)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 24 2009,16:35)
    Hi WJ,
    So when scripture refers to the Spirit of God[eg in Rom 8] it does not mean the Spirit of God?

NH

Now “the Lord is the Spirit”, and where “the Spirit of the Lord” is, there is liberty. 2 Cor 3:17

Do you see a difference?

WJ

Hi WJ,
    The Lord Jesus returns in the Spirit of God to do works in his body.

You should be joined with the Spirit of God in Christ to be useful to God.

Then wasting your time promoting the rebellious ideas of men would be see in it's true light.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    In light of Romans 8 can you tell us that the Spirit of Christ is not the Spirit of God in him?

Quote (david @ Aug. 24 2009,16:56)

For David….

Did jesus have the same spirit as believers?

The confusion is that the word “spirit” is used in a great variety of ways.
    “God is a spirit” the Bible says, in the same way that we are humans.
    But, God also HAS his holy spirit, and the majority of cases in the Bible that refer to spirit are referring to God’s spirit or God’s holy spirit.

So when asking: Did Jesus have the same spirit as believers….yes, he had the same holy spirit.  

Example of these 2 uses:

“God IS a spirit.” (John 4:24)  That's what he IS.  
    But the spirit of the Lord, God's holy spirit is what he HAS.

Confusing these two will bring problems.

More than a hundred times the holy spirit is referred to as “the spirit of Jehovah,” “God’s spirit,” “my spirit” and “spirit of Jesus Christ.” These are all possessive uses of the holy spirit.—Judg. 3:10; Matt. 3:16; Acts 2:18; Phil. 1:19; Ps 51:11; Joel 2:28,29

God is a spirit and where God's spirit (his holy spirit) is, there is freedom.

Hi David

Quote (david @ Aug. 24 2009,16:56)
    “God IS a spirit.” (John 4:24)  That's what he IS.  
    But the spirit of the Lord, God's holy spirit is what he HAS.

But the scriptures says the “Lord is the Spirit” not the Lord has a Spirit!

The Spirit of man is also the man!

David makes no distinction in “The Spirit of God” and God in the following verses.

Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O Lord. You hem me in–behind and before; you have laid your hand upon me. “Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain“. “Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast.  Ps 139:4-10

There is no scripture that says that God who is a Spirit has a spirit within him!

Human logic says God cannot be everywhere at any time and all at once!

WJ

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    Jesus gave up his own spirit at calvary.[mt27.50]
    He died.

His faith extended beyond death to continued life in the Spirit of his God.

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 24 2009,17:04)
    Hi LU,
    In light of Romans 8 can you tell us that the Spirit of Christ is not the Spirit of God in him?

Hi Nick,
    See page 20, 2nd post from the top. I have discussed Romans 8 there. Please note that the Father's Spirit has no need to cry out “Abba Father” for the Father has no Father. Since the Son's spirit does cry that out, it wouldn't be the same spirit as the Father's.

LU

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    We do not work from logic alone nor define the Spirit of God according to what we know of our spirit.

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 24 2009,17:17)

Hi LU,

Hi Nick,
    See page 20, 2nd post from the top.  I have discussed Romans 8 there.  Please note that the Father's Spirit has no need to cry out “Abba Father” for the Father has no Father.  Since the Son's spirit does cry that out, it wouldn't be the same spirit as the Father's.

LU

Hi Kathi

And yet we see in the same context that the Spirit of God is the Spirit of Christ!

You, however, are controlled not by the sinful nature “BUT BY THE SPIRIT”, if “the Spirit of God” lives in you. And if anyone does not have “the Spirit of Christ”, he does not belong to Christ. Rom 8:9

Until you see that there is three persons in One Spirit or One God then the whole of scritpures will make no sense!

Blessings WJ

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 24 2009,17:10)
    Hi LU,
    He died.

Nick,
    I understand that Jesus had a united spirit with the Father within Him which He committed into the hands of the Father. The body without the spirit is dead.

James 2:26
    26 For just as the body without the spirit is dead, so also faith without works is dead.
    NASU

Christ's body was raised from the dead and I believed He received His unified spirit back otherwise the body would still be dead. His unified spirit took on a glorified body. The “tent” changed but the spirit didn't. IMO

Kathi

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 24 2009,17:26)

Hi LU,
    He died.

Nick,
    I understand that Jesus had a united spirit with the Father within Him which He committed into the hands of the Father.  The body without the spirit is dead.

26 For just as the body without the spirit is dead, so also faith without works is dead.
    NASU

Christ's body was raised from the dead and I believed He received His unified spirit back otherwise the body would still be dead.  His unified spirit took on a glorified body.  The “tent” changed but the spirit didn't. IMO

Kathi

Hi Kathi

Sorry! That seems like more “Extra Biblical” terminology to me.

No where does the scriptures use the term “unified Spirit”?

And Jesus did raise himself from the dead!

Blessings WJ

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Aug. 24 2009,17:24)

Hi LU,

Hi Nick,
    See page 20, 2nd post from the top.  I have discussed Romans 8 there.  Please note that the Father's Spirit has no need to cry out “Abba Father” for the Father has no Father.  Since the Son's spirit does cry that out, it wouldn't be the same spirit as the Father's.

LU

Hi Kathi

And yet we see in the same context that the Spirit of God is the Spirit of Christ!

You, however, are controlled not by the sinful nature “BUT BY THE SPIRIT”, if “the Spirit of God” lives in you. And if anyone does not have “the Spirit of Christ”, he does not belong to Christ. Rom 8:9

Until you see that there is three persons in One Spirit or One God then the whole of scritpures will make no sense!

Blessings WJ

Well, you might see the Spirit of God as being the Spirit of Christ but I don't believe Romans 8 is saying that. I believe it is saying that without the Spirit of Christ in us causing us to cry out to our Father, we have no part in the Spirit of God. We must come to Him as His little children and see Him as our Father.

Kathi

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    Jesus was ANOINTED by the Spirit of God.
    He was ANOINTED with the Holy Spirit and power.
    He is the Christ, the ANOINTED one and was one with God in that Spirit.

He died but visited the prisoners alive in the Living Spirit.
    Like Isaac and Jacob he lives forever in the eternal Spirit of God.

We follow him

NickHassan
    Participant

Hio LU,
    Unless you are born again of the Spirit and water you cannot even see the kingdom.
    This is rebirth of the Spirit of God in Christ.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    We know the Spirit never forsakes or leaves those to whom the Spirit has been given.
    This is the promise of eternal life in God's Spirit through Christ that is our hope.

You may believe what you like about Jesus receiving back his own spirit but no scripture says this does it?

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 24 2009,17:35)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Aug. 24 2009,17:24)

Hi LU,

Hi Nick,

LU

Hi Kathi

Blessings WJ

Well, you might see the Spirit of God as being the Spirit of Christ but I don't believe Romans 8 is saying that.  I believe it is saying that without the Spirit of Christ in us causing us to cry out to our Father, we have no part in the Spirit of God.  We must come to Him as His little children and see Him as our Father.

Kathi

Hi Kathi

Rom 8:9 is pretty clear and lines up with these…

Or what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For we are the temple of the living God; just as God said, “I WILL DWELL IN THEM AND WALK AMONG THEM; AND I WILL BE THEIR GOD, AND THEY SHALL BE MY PEOPLE. 2 Cor 6:16

And…

Do you not know that “you are a temple of God“and that the Spirit of God dwells in you? 1 Cor 3:16

And…

If any man destroys the “temple of God“, God will destroy him, for the temple of God is holy, and that is what you are. 1 Cor 3:17

And…

Or do you not know that “your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit” who is in you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own? 1 Cor 6:19

Notice Paul using the term “temple of God” in 1 Cor 3:17 and a couple of chapters over he uses the term “temple of the Holy Spirit” in 1 Cor 6:19?

Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you not realize “that Christ Jesus is in you–unless, of course, you fail the test“? 2 Cor 13:5

Do you see the three?

Blessings WJ

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Aug. 24 2009,17:34)

Hi LU,
    He died.

Nick,
    I understand that Jesus had a united spirit with the Father within Him which He committed into the hands of the Father.  The body without the spirit is dead.

NASU

Christ's body was raised from the dead and I believed He received His unified spirit back otherwise the body would still be dead.  His unified spirit took on a glorified body.  The “tent” changed but the spirit didn't. IMO

Kathi

Hi Kathi

Blessings WJ

Keith,
    1 Cor 6:16-17
    16 Or do you not know that the one who joins himself to a prostitute is one body with her? For He says, “THE TWO SHALL BECOME ONE FLESH.”
    17 But the one who joins himself to the Lord is one spirit with Him.
    NASU
    Two spirits become one spirit…that would be a unified spirit. IMO.
    Kathi

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WJ,
    The Lord [Jesus] is the Spirit.
    He and His Father return in Spirit to inhabit submitted men.[ZJn14-16]

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 24 2009,17:54)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Aug. 24 2009,17:34)

Hi LU,
    He died.

Nick,

NASU

Kathi

Hi Kathi

Blessings WJ

Keith,
    1 Cor 6:16-17
    16 Or do you not know that the one who joins himself to a prostitute is one body with her? For He says, “THE TWO SHALL BECOME ONE FLESH.”
    17 But the one who joins himself to the Lord is one spirit with Him.
    NASU
    Two spirits become one spirit…that would be a unified spirit. IMO.
    Kathi

Hi Kathi

Then why do you have such a hard time with others using “extra biblical” terms?

WJ

Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 401 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account