Did god send jesus to die?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 115 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ May 14 2010,17:15)

Quote (942767 @ May 14 2010,16:07)

Quote (bodhitharta @ May 14 2010,15:52)

Quote (942767 @ May 14 2010,15:30)

Quote (bodhitharta @ May 14 2010,15:05)

Quote (942767 @ May 14 2010,14:49)

Quote (bodhitharta @ May 14 2010,14:37)

Quote (942767 @ May 14 2010,14:19)

Quote (bodhitharta @ May 14 2010,13:12)

Quote (942767 @ May 14 2010,12:56)

Quote (bodhitharta @ May 14 2010,11:36)

Quote (942767 @ May 14 2010,11:02)

Quote (bodhitharta @ May 14 2010,10:49)
    Marty,

Is God a Male?

The answer is, No.

Then how can HE sire a Child and why would HE when HE has the power to CREATE.

IS GOD a FEMALE?

This is what the scripture states:

Luke 1:26-37 (King James Version)

26And in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God unto a city of Galilee, named Nazareth,

27To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary.

28And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.

29And when she saw him, she was troubled at his saying, and cast in her mind what manner of salutation this should be.

30And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.

31And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.

32He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

33And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

34Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?

35And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

36And, behold, thy cousin Elisabeth, she hath also conceived a son in her old age: and this is the sixth month with her, who was called barren.

37For with God nothing shall be impossible.

shall be called the Son of God.

Does shall be called mean the same as “Is”?

John 3:16: “For God so loved the world that He gave His Only Begotten Son that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life”.

Yes, shall be called is the same as “Is”.

Then you agree that the saying “Ye, are gods” makes you God then?

Jesus said “they were called” gods. You said

Why are you trying to put words in my mouth.  You asked me about Jesus whether or not shall be called is the same as is.  And I showed you that it does according to the scriptures.

Jesus did not say that he was God.  He said that he was the Son of God.

Yes, he was/is called the son of God

For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
    Romans 8:18-20

Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.
    1 John 3:1-3

For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
    Romans 8:13-15

What is a son of God?

Jesus is “unique”.  He is the “Only Begotten Son of God”.  He was conceived of the Holy Ghost in the womb of the virgin Mary.

I am a son of God by the spirit of adoption.  God is the Father of my spirit.

John 1

1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2The same was in the beginning with God.

3All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

4In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

5And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

6There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.

7The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.

8He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.

9That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

10He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

11He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

12But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the
    will of man, but of God.

14And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

15John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me.

16And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace.

17For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

18No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

May God open your eyes to see the truth.  God loves you and sent His Only Begotten Son to be the propitiation for your sins and reconcile you unto Himself.

Romans 10:8But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

9That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

11For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

12For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

13For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for me?
    Jeremiah 32:26-28

One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.
    Ephesians 4:5-7

So you believe that God is the Father of all as it says here or do you believe:

Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
    John 8:43-45

Which is correct? Is God the Father of All or is he not?

When Ephesians 4 speaks of God being the Father of all it relates to all who have been born again.  Obviously, it cannot mean that God is the Father of all if Jesus is saying to the Pharisees that they are of the Father the Devil.

John 1:11He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

12But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

John 3

1There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews:

2The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.

3Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

4Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

5Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

6That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

7Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

Romans 8:8So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

9But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

10And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

11But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you

Love in Christ,
    Marty

So is there One God of us all?

There is “Only One God”, and all of us will give an account of the life that we lived to HIM.

karmarie
    Participant

Bod, Marty,

Please PLEASE stop quoting full conversations?

It gets annoying to readers.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ May 14 2010,19:08)

Quote (bodhitharta @ May 14 2010,17:15)

Quote (942767 @ May 14 2010,16:07)

Quote (bodhitharta @ May 14 2010,15:52)

Quote (942767 @ May 14 2010,15:30)

Quote (bodhitharta @ May 14 2010,15:05)

Quote (942767 @ May 14 2010,14:49)

Quote (bodhitharta @ May 14 2010,14:37)

Quote (942767 @ May 14 2010,14:19)

Quote (bodhitharta @ May 14 2010,13:12)

Quote (942767 @ May 14 2010,12:56)

Quote (bodhitharta @ May 14 2010,11:36)

Quote (942767 @ May 14 2010,11:02)

Quote (bodhitharta @ May 14 2010,10:49)
    Marty,

Is God a Male?

The answer is, No.

Then how can HE sire a Child and why would HE when HE has the power to CREATE.

IS GOD a FEMALE?

This is what the scripture states:

Luke 1:26-37 (King James Version)

26And in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God unto a city of Galilee, named Nazareth,

27To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary.

28And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.

29And when she saw him, she was troubled at his saying, and cast in her mind what manner of salutation this should be.

30And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.

31And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.

32He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

33And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

34Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?

35And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

36And, behold, thy cousin Elisabeth, she hath also conceived a son in her old age: and this is the sixth month with her, who was called barren.

37For with God nothing shall be impossible.

shall be called the Son of God.

Does shall be called mean the same as “Is”?

John 3:16: “For God so loved the world that He gave His Only Begotten Son that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life”.

Then you agree that the saying “Ye, are gods” makes you God then?

Jesus said “they were called” gods. You said

Why are you trying to put words in my mouth.  You asked me about Jesus whether or not shall be called is the same as is.  And I showed you that it does according to the scriptures.

Jesus did not say that he was God.  He said that he was the Son of God.

Yes, he was/is called the son of God

For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
    Romans 8:18-20

Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.
    1 John 3:1-3

For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
    Romans 8:13-15

What is a son of God?

Jesus is “unique”.  He is the “Only Begotten Son of God”.  He was conceived of the Holy Ghost in the womb of the virgin Mary.

I am a son of God by the spirit of adoption.  God is the Father of my spirit.

John 1

1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2The same was in the beginning with God.

3All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

4In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

5And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

6There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.

7The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.

8He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.

9That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

10He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

11He came unto his own, and his own received h
    im not.

13Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

14And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

15John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me.

16And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace.

17For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

18No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

May God open your eyes to see the truth.  God loves you and sent His Only Begotten Son to be the propitiation for your sins and reconcile you unto Himself.

Romans 10:8But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

9That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

11For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

12For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

13For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for me?
    Jeremiah 32:26-28

One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.
    Ephesians 4:5-7

So you believe that God is the Father of all as it says here or do you believe:

Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
    John 8:43-45

Which is correct? Is God the Father of All or is he not?

When Ephesians 4 speaks of God being the Father of all it relates to all who have been born again.  Obviously, it cannot mean that God is the Father of all if Jesus is saying to the Pharisees that they are of the Father the Devil.

John 1:11He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

John 3

1There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews:

2The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.

3Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

4Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

5Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

6That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

7Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

Romans 8:8So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

9But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

10And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

11But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you

Love in Christ,
    Marty

So is there One God of us all?

There is “Only One God”, and all of us will give an account of the life that we lived to HIM.

Yes, Indeed:

Worship God and draw near unto HIM :)

Quote (karmarie @ May 14 2010,19:14)
    Bod, Marty,

Marty and Bod please continue to quote each other, I like seeing the conversation get bigger and bigger. Bod is definitely the master of straws through and I don't believe Jesus is almighty or God and i'm CHRISTIAN. :)

shimmer
    Participant

Quote (betweenchristendomandjws @ Nov. 19 2010,16:41)

Quote (karmarie @ May 14 2010,19:14)
    Bod, Marty,

Marty and Bod please continue to quote each other, I like seeing the conversation get bigger and bigger. Bod is definitely the master of straws through and I don't believe Jesus is almighty or God and i'm CHRISTIAN.   :)

True true :)

That was me by the way, yes, back in the days, haha.

I wanted to 'save bod'.

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ May 07 2010,10:37)
    God sent Jesus in the world that whosoever believed in him would not perish so did he send Jesus to perish?

Greetings B…. The answer to your question is Yes…The sacrafice fullfilled the law as well as the prophets and is an intricate part of Gods plan for the salvation of us all….Just as in the Old Testament the sacrafice of a perfect non blemished lamb was acceptable as a sacrafice for the remission of sins….so Jesus was the lamb of God who took away the sin that so condemed the human race…

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (theodorej @ Nov. 19 2010,23:40)

Quote (bodhitharta @ May 07 2010,10:37)
    God sent Jesus in the world that whosoever believed in him would not perish so did he send Jesus to perish?

Greetings B…. The answer to your question is Yes…The sacrafice fullfilled the law as well as the prophets and is an intricate part of Gods plan for the salvation of us all….Just as in the Old Testament the sacrafice of a perfect non blemished lamb was acceptable as a sacrafice for the remission of sins….so Jesus was the lamb of God who took away the sin that so condemed the human race…

But the scriptures say that Sacrifice was not commanded at all.

For I spake not unto your fathers, nor commanded them in the day that I brought them out of the land of Egypt, concerning burnt offerings or sacrifices:
    Jeremiah 7:21-23

The Scriptures say that obedience and repentance cause salvation

Jeremiah 7:23 (King James Version)
    23But this thing commanded I them, saying, Obey my voice, and I will be your God, and ye shall be my people: and walk ye in all the ways that I have commanded you, that it may be well unto you.

And then Jesus himself says what his mission is:

I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.
    Luke 5:31-33

But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.
    Matthew 9:12-14

So sacrifice is not the intention of God, Mercy is. The Quran says that the children of Israel plotted to kill the Messiah but God saved him from the cross and it is scriptural

Psalm 91:3-5 (King James Version)
    3Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.
    4He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.
    5Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;

The Quran agrees with this saying that they thought they killed and crucified the Messiah but they did not and the truth was hid from them

Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.
    Matthew 13:12-14

The Lamb of God who takes away sins is the Scapegoat it is not killed it is sent away

But the goat, on which the lot fell to be the scapegoat, shall be presented alive before the LORD, to make an atonement with him, and to let him go for a scapegoat into the wilderness.
    Leviticus 16:9-11

You see here it is a living atonement and this Goat is blessed by a suitable man

Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.
    Matthew 11:10-12

Aaron shall lay both his hands on the head of the live goat, confess over it all the iniquities of the children of Israel, and all their transgressions, concerning all their sins, putting them on the head of the goat, and shall send it away into the wilderness by the hand of a suitable man.
    Leviticus 16:20-22

This is the entire mystery of the Baptism of Jesus

Participant

Hi BD:

Salvation is by Faith so that it might be by grace, not of works, lest any man should boast.  God has provided the sacrifice in the person of Jesus Christ, His Only Begotten Son and His Christ.

Jesus said:“Repent and believe the gospel(“For God so loved the world that he gave His Only Begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.(no sacrifice required of you, only that you come to God with a repentant heart believing what He has done for you).FOR THE KINGDOM OF GOD IS AT HAND.

Gen. 22:7And Isaac spake unto Abraham his father, and said, My father: and he said, Here am I, my son. And he said, Behold the fire and the wood: but where is the lamb for a burnt offering?

8AND ABRAHAM SAID, MY SON, GOD WILL PROVIDE HIMSELF A LAMB FOR A BURNT OFFERING: so they went both of them together.

ISAIAH 53

5But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

6ALL WE LIKE sheep HAVE GONE ASTRAY; we have turned every one to his own way; AND THE LORD HATH LAID ON HIM THE INIQUITY OF US ALL.

7He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.

8He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.

9And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.

10Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.

11He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

12Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Nov. 20 2010,08:44)
    Hi BD:

Salvation is by Faith so that it might be by grace, not of works, lest any man should boast.  God has provided the sacrifice in the person of Jesus Christ, His Only Begotten Son and His Christ.

Jesus said:“Repent and believe the gospel(“For God so loved the world that he gave His Only Begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.(no sacrifice required of you, only that you come to God with a repentant heart believing what He has done for you).FOR THE KINGDOM OF GOD IS AT HAND.

Gen. 22:7And Isaac spake unto Abraham his father, and said, My father: and he said, Here am I, my son. And he said, Behold the fire and the wood: but where is the lamb for a burnt offering?

8AND ABRAHAM SAID, MY SON, GOD WILL PROVIDE HIMSELF A LAMB FOR A BURNT OFFERING: so they went both of them together.

ISAIAH 53

5But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

6ALL WE LIKE sheep HAVE GONE ASTRAY; we have turned every one to his own way; AND THE LORD HATH LAID ON HIM THE INIQUITY OF US ALL.

7He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.

8He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.

9And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.

10Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.

11He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

12Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

“For God so loved the world that he gave His Only Begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Do you read this to mean “Gave”= Sacrificed?

Did you read my entire post about the mystery of the baptism and the scapegoat?

Participant

Hi BD:

What is the mystery of Jesus Baptism.  

Matthew 3:13Then cometh Jesus from Galilee to Jordan unto John, to be baptized of him.

14But John forbad him, saying, I have need to be baptized of thee, and comest thou to me?

15And Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer it to be so now: for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness. Then he suffered him.

16And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:

17And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

Jesus stated that baptism was required to fulfill all righteousness.

In Leviticus 16 there were two goats, one of them was sacrificed and the blood was sprinkled on the mercy seat, and the other was the scapegoat.

Jesus fulfilled both of these positions.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Nov. 20 2010,09:58)
    Hi BD:

Matthew 3:13Then cometh Jesus from Galilee to Jordan unto John, to be baptized of him.

14But John forbad him, saying, I have need to be baptized of thee, and comest thou to me?

15And Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer it to be so now: for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness. Then he suffered him.

16And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:

17And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

In Leviticus 16 there were two goats, one of them was sacrificed and the blood was sprinkled on the mercy seat, and the other was the scapegoat.  

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Sorry marty,

I can't allow you to get away with that explanation because you would have the events backward. Jesus didn't get Crucified then baptized if he did you would have a point but the fact is Baptism occured by John so any death or crucifixion could not be the scapegoat that is set free, they cannot be the same One is killed and the other is not.

Jesus never said the son of God would be crucified however he did say that the son of Man would suffer such a fate and that doesn't mean it would be him at all because son of man is not a title reserved only for Jesus like here:

How much less man, who is a maggot,And a son of man, who is a worm?”
    Job 25:5-6

What is man that You are mindful of him,And the son of man that You visit him?
    Psalm 8:3-5

But you, son of man, hear what I say to you. Do not be rebellious like that rebellious house; open your mouth and eat what I give you.”
    Ezekiel 2:7-9

John 12:33-35 (New King James Version) 33 This He said, signifying by what death He would die.
    34 The people answered Him, “We have heard from the law that the Christ remains forever; and how can You say, ‘The Son of Man must be lifted up’? Who is this Son of Man?”
    35 Then Jesus said to them, “A little while longer the light is with you. Walk while you have the light, lest darkness overtake you; he who walks in darkness does not know where he is going.

Remember the Law must be fulfilled which means Christ could not have died according to the Law

bodhitharta
    Participant

Hi BD:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Plus I must ask you if you are right then why does revelation talk about the Mystery of God being finished in the last days if all was revealed during the time of Christ what other mysteries?

The fact is you did not know why Jesus was baptized and I am now telling you why but you reject the knowledge on what grounds?

Participant

Hi BD:

You quote the following verse:

John 12:33-35 (New King James Version) 33 This He said, signifying by what death He would die.
    34 The people answered Him, “We have heard from the law that the Christ remains forever; and how can You say, ‘The Son of Man must be lifted up’? Who is this Son of Man?”
    35 Then Jesus said to them, “A little while longer the light is with you. Walk while you have the light, lest darkness overtake you; he who walks in darkness does not know where he is going.

And you highlight the fact that he said “Son of man” so that you can continue with your misunderstanding saying that because he said this “the Son of man could have been someone else”.

But no, verse 33 states:

John 12:33This He said, signifying by what death He would die.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Nov. 20 2010,12:06)
    Hi BD:

And you highlight the fact that he said “Son of man” so that you can continue with your misunderstanding saying that because he said this “the Son of man could have been someone else”.

But no, verse 33 states:  

Love in Christ,
    Marty

John 12:33 is not a statement from Jesus but the idea of the author.

Jesus never said “This is the death that I will die” did he?

bodhitharta
    Participant

Now look and believe:

Isaiah 42:19
    Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant?

Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Nov. 20 2010,11:45)

Hi BD:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Plus I must ask you if you are right then why does revelation talk about the Mystery of God being finished in the last days if all was revealed during the time of Christ what other mysteries?

The fact is you did not know why Jesus was baptized and I am now telling you why but you reject the knowledge on what grounds?

Hi BD:

This sums up the mystery:

1 Co 15

12Now if Christ be preached that he rose from the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead?

13But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen:

14And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain.

15Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God; because we have testified of God that he raised up Christ: whom he raised not up, if so be that the dead rise not.

16For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised:

17And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins.

18Then they also which are fallen asleep in Christ are perished.

19If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.

20But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.

21For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.

22For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

23But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

24Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

25For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.

26The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

27For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.

28And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

29Else what shall they do which are baptized for the dead, if the dead rise not at all? why are they then baptized for the dead?

30And why stand we in jeopardy every hour?

31I protest by your rejoicing which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily.

32If after the manner of men I have fought with beasts at Ephesus, what advantageth it me, if the dead rise not? let us eat and drink; for to morrow we die.

33Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners.

34Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame.

35But some man will say, How are the dead raised up? and with what body do they come?

36Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die:

37And that which thou sowest, thou sowest not that body that shall be, but bare grain, it may chance of wheat, or of some other grain:

38But God giveth it a body as it hath pleased him, and to every seed his own body.

39All flesh is not the same flesh: but there is one kind of flesh of men, another flesh of beasts, another of fishes, and another of birds.

40There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another.

41There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for one star differeth from another star in glory.

42So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:

43It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:

44It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

45And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

46Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.

47The first man is of the earth, earthy; the second man is the Lord from heaven.

48As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.

49And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

50Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

51Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

52In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

53For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

54So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

55O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?

56The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.

57But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

But also, because of the resurrection from the dead, every man will give an account to God for the life that he lived, and will be judged according to this works.

John 12:47-48 (King James Version)

47And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.

48He that rejecteth me, and rec
    eiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

And so, what are you telling me about the baptism of Jesus.  

Are you saying that because the Spirit led him into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil this identifies him as the scapegoat of Leviticus 16?  If so, how does this show that he bore the sins of the people, as the scapegoat?

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Jesus needed God to take the cup away from him, so he could fulfill half of Genesis 3:15 and die. Jesus as a perfect man couldn't have died without God's help.

Genesis 3:15 Reads And I shall put enmity between you and the woman and between your seed and her seed. He will bruise you in the head and you will bruise him in the heel.

P.S. This is my personal belief, the Jehovah's witnesses didn't teach me this.

Participant

Quote (betweenchristendomandjws @ Nov. 20 2010,13:08)
    Jesus needed God to take the cup away from him, so he could fulfill half of Genesis 3:15 and die. Jesus as a perfect man couldn't have died without God's help.

Genesis 3:15 Reads And I shall put enmity between you and the woman and between your seed and her seed. He will bruise you in the head and you will bruise him in the heel.

Hi:

My understanding is that Jesus was asking God to that if there was any other way for His purpose of the salvation of mankind to be fulfilled other than for him to have to endure the cross to take away this from him. He didn't want to suffer like that if it was not necessary, but there was no other way, and so, he did what had to be done for our salvation.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Nov. 20 2010,12:10)

Quote (942767 @ Nov. 20 2010,12:06)
    Hi BD:

But no, verse 33 states:  

Love in Christ,
    Marty

John 12:33 is not a statement from Jesus but the idea of the author.

Jesus never said “This is the death that I will die” did he?

Hi BD:

And so, now I have a problem.  Who am I going to believe, the author of the gospel of John or you.

Matthew 16:21
    From that time forth began Jesus to shew unto his disciples, how that he must go unto Jerusalem, and suffer many things of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised again the third day.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Quote (942767 @ Nov. 20 2010,13:19)

Quote (betweenchristendomandjws @ Nov. 20 2010,13:08)

Hi:

My understanding is that Jesus was asking God to that if there was any other way for His purpose of the salvation of mankind to be fulfilled other than for him to have to endure the cross to take away this from him.  He didn't want to suffer like that if it was not necessary, but there was no other way, and so, he did what had to be done for our salvation.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

I think your interpretation is valid as well, but the fact is Jesus was SINLESS and PREFECT, unless God somehow made him able to die, he COULDN'T have died.

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 115 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account