Did God create the world through Jesus?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    k4c
    Participant

For the purpose of this post I will use Yahweh when referring to the Father and Jesus when referring to the Son.

Yahweh has spoken everything into existence through the power and authority of His spoken word.

Romans 4:17 As it is written, “I have made you the father of many nations”–in the presence of the God in whom he believed, who gives life to the dead and calls into existence the things that do not exist.

Isaiah 45:5-6 I am the Lord, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me: That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the Lord, and there is none else.

Some people say that Yahweh created the world that we now live in through His Son Jesus. This belief gives Jesus some mystical preexisted form as the word. But we know from Scripture that it was Yahweh alone who created the world we now live in through the power of His spoken word as seen in the command, “God said”.

Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

Genesis 1:3 Then God said, “Let there be light''; and there was light.

Genesis 1:6 Then God said, “Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.''

Genesis 1:9 Then God said, “Let the waters under the heavens be gathered together into one place, and let the dry land appear'' and it was so.

Isaiah 44:24 The Lord, your Redeemer who made you, says, All things were made by me; I alone stretched out the heavens. By myself I made the earth and everything in it.

Nehemiah 9:6 Then Ezra prayed, “You alone are God. You have made the skies and the heavens, the earth and the seas, and everything in them. You preserve it all, and all the angels of heaven worship you.

So what about the world that YAHWEH created through His Son as seen in Hebrews 1:2?

Hebrews 1:2 But in these last days he has spoken to us by a Son, whom he appointed the heir of all things, through whom also he created the world.

When understanding creation we have to understand that Yahweh alone, according to the Bible, created the heaven and earth we now see and live in.

But Yahweh is making a new heaven and earth through Jesus Christ. This new heaven and new earth will be called the kingdom of God or the kingdom of heaven, they both mean that same thing.

2 Peter 3:13 Nevertheless we, according to His promise, look for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells.

Revelation 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. Also there was no more sea.

It’s this new heaven and earth that Yahweh created through Jesus that’s being spoken of in Hebrews as well as throughout the Bible, not the corrupt heaven and earth we now live in.

Pay close attention to the words in Hebrews 1:2 and then watch how God reveals which world He was referring to in Hebrews 2:5.

Hebrews 1:2 Has in these last days spoken to us by His Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the worlds.

Notice how it says that God made the world through Jesus. The world that is made THROUGH Jesus is referring to the world to come, not the one we now live in. Notice is Hebrews 2:5 how God clears this up for us.

Hebrews 2:5 For it was not to angels that God subjected the world to come, of which we are speaking.

Did you notice how the world that God created THROUGH Jesus is referring to the world to come not the one we now live in? People have been taught that Jesus created the world we now live in making Him co-eternal and co-equal with His Father but this is not true.

Yahweh speaks much of this new creation and all the blessings that will be ours in the world to come. This is the Gospel, which was given to Abraham, this is the Gospel message seen throughout the Bible, the promise of God.

Matthew 12:32 And whosoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him; but whosoever shall speak against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, nor in that which is to come.

Mark 10:30 But he shall receive a hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life.

Luke 18:30 Who shall not receive manifold more in this time, and in the world to come eternal life.

Hebrews 2:5 For unto the angels hath he not put in subjection the world to come, which we are speaking of.

Yahweh Himself created the heaven and earth we now live in but He is creating a new heaven and earth THROUGH Jesus Christ. This new heaven and earth, which is to come, will be called the kingdom of God, which will be given to His Son. There will be no more death; pain or suffering. All things will become new and God will be our God and we will be His people. This is the Gospel message throughout Scripture and the power of God unto salvation.

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

He is also creating a new man through Jesus who will be a life giving Spirit. This life giving Spirit will be use to restore God’s people.

Ephesians 4:24 And that you put on the new man which was created according to God, in righteousness and true holiness.

Colossians 3:10 And have put on the new man who is renewed in knowledge according to the image of Him who created him.

This new man, this life giving Spirit is Jesus. This Spirit of Christ is what God is using to restore His people and govern His coming kingdom for all eternity. This is the new creation that God spoke of all throughout the Bible.

Colossians gives us a good picture of how, through Jesus, this coming kingdom was formed and how Jesus will be the heir and head of His Father’s coming kingdom.

Colossians 1:13-20 He has delivered us from the power of darkness and translated us into the kingdom of the Son of His love, in whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins. He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For in Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist. And He is the head of the body, the church, who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in all things He may have the preeminence. For it pleased the Father that in Him all the fullness should dwell, and by Him to reconcile all things to Himself, by Him, whether things on earth or things in heaven, having made peace through the blood of His cross.

Notice in the above verses it speaks of being translated into the kingdom of His Son. This kingdom is spiritual now in that it dwells within our heart as words of truth that we live by.

Luke 17:20-21 Now when He was asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, He answered them and said, “The kingdom of God does not come with observation; “nor will they say, ‘See here!' or `See there!' For indeed, the kingdom of God is within you.''

There will be future literal earthly kingdom, which Jesus inherits because of His obedience in the flesh through His death and resurrection. These verses Colossians are not referring to the Genesis creation, as some people teach, but rather they are referring to the new creation, the world to come. When Jesus comes He is coming for His people to establish the literal kingdom. As you continue in these verses you will see that Jesus is the image or representative of the invisible God. It says that Jesus is the f
    irstborn over all this new creation. It’s not saying Jesus is the first one to be born in the Genesis creation for there were many before Him since Genesis. He is the firstborn from the dead of the new creation as it states in these verses. Then is goes on to say that Jesus is before all things. He is not before all things in time but rather in headship or superiority as the verses state, He is the head of the church. In Jesus the fullness of God dwells in the same way the fullness of God can dwell in us through Christ in us manifesting His Father.

Ephesians 3:19 And to know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.

These verses in Colossians do not teach that Jesus created the world we now live in but rather Yahweh, through Jesus, created a new world to come, the kingdom of God. This new kingdom will be a governmental kingdom as Isaiah stated, “the government shall be on His (Jesus’) shoulders” and as Colossians states, “In Jesus all principalities, powers, thrones and dominions in heaven and on earth were created THROUGH Jesus and for Jesus. It’s not saying that Jesus created the heavens and the earth. In Jesus we have a new creation in which we all become part of.

2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.

Galatians 6:15 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision avails anything, but a new creation.

Many blessings

david
    Participant

Imagine for a second that Yahweh is the most powerful being in existence, which is a grand understatement. He is. Let's call him a King, a King above kings, which rightly describes him.

When we were told in the Bible that King Solomon built the temple, did he?
    Did he do the work himself? Or, rather, did he, as king, have the work done?
    The Bible says he built the temple. He did. But, it's not necessary for the king to do the work. He is the king.

Genesis 1:3 Then God said, “Let there be light''; and there was light.
    Genesis 1:6 Then God said, “Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.''
    Genesis 1:9 Then God said, “Let the waters under the heavens be gathered together into one place, and let the dry land appear'' and it was so.

King Solomon said, Let there be a temple and there was.
    (He didn't really say these words of course.)
    But he could have. What would it have meant?

Similarly, we call the Bible “God's Word.” And it is. It is his thoughts. He inspired it. He didn't physically write it though.

I have to be honest with you. I didn't read your whole post. I know this topic has been discussed several times before. I've commented on it myself. Where, I do not know.

david.

chicano4571
    Participant

NO he wasn`t born yet…………….

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account