Denominations

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 271 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Yes david.
    And that is how I would see the JWs. Their doctrines differ from the word of God.

david
    Participant

Does that make them non-believers?

david
    Participant

Because in your view the trinitarian doctrine also differs from the Word of God. Yet, in their case, you are unsure if they are believers or not, considering the answer to such a question speculation and opinion.

david
    Participant

Believers are those who acted on their faith and obeyed the Son of God.

One of Jesus commands to be obeyed is that he “ordered us to preach.” (Acts 10:42; Mat 28:19))

The trinitarians (for example) say they are obeying the Son of God and preaching about God.
    You preach a different belief about God.

Which of you is obeying the Son?
    And which of you is slandering?
    Or are you both obeying the Son, yet teaching opposite things?

david
    Participant

When does this vote end?

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (david @ April 04 2006,03:08)

Believers are those who acted on their faith and obeyed the Son of God.

One of Jesus commands to be obeyed is that he “ordered us to preach.” (Acts 10:42; Mat 28:19))

The trinitarians (for example) say they are obeying the Son of God and preaching about God.
    You preach a different belief about God.

Which of you is obeying the Son?
    And which of you is slandering?
    Or are you both obeying the Son, yet teaching opposite things?

Hi david,
    If you could see the kingdom perhaps you might know the answers to some of your questions?

david
    Participant

You are very good at dogding and re-directing questions. I commend your skill.

Yes david.
    And that is how I would see the JWs. Their doctrines differ from the word of God.

My reponse:

Because in your view the trinitarian doctrine also differs from the Word of God. Yet, in their case, you are unsure if they are believers or not, considering the answer to such a question speculation and opinion.

Cubes
    Participant

Quote (david @ April 04 2006,03:05)

Hi David,

“Them” to me applies to all who profess the name of Jesus:

1. Some do it in ignorance like the Athenians on Mar's Hill (Acts 17:23f).  They hadn't a clue…just vague shadows of some awesome someone out there.

2.  Some have Zeal like Apollos and know enough but are lacking some things… I tend to identify with Apollos myself.

3.  Some are like the Samaritan at the well.  They know that there is a God but are trapped in their traditions.

4.  Some are like the Israelites they know their God and the scriptures but when through the scriptures they were shown the evidence of God's promises, they would not believe.

What I see is simple:  God is patient and gives all of us some degree of slack as is needed but when the word comes by his ministers e.g. Apollos, Stephen, Priscilla & Aquila, Cornelius, Apostles, Paul, Jesus… and by the established word show, expound, validate, substantiate the holy scriptures then it behooves any of us to continue in unbelief.  I note that within the group above some still were brought into greater understanding by others within the group.  E.g. Apollos by Aquila and Priscilla.  

To those who believe, they join the fold of the lamb of God.  To those in any of the categories who reject the word, these are eventually regarded as unbelievers.  It was in Israel that Jesus told some that their father was the devil while teaching the believers to pray in unisome with him, “Our Father which art in heaven….”

It didn't matter that the former group of Israelites were sons of Jacob who also knew the scriptures and YHWH to be their God.  They refused to believe given ample evidence and so rejected Jesus.  How is that different for the rest of the people in category 1-3… judgment begins in the house of God.

Now it must be noted that it took Jesus himself to apprehend Saul and to pick him out of all the others that Stephen Preached to.  He was certainly zealous for YHWH yet in ignorance and needed to be sort of hit on the head like Thomas to believe Jesus.  God must know each heart that is postured toward him that way.  It is however not advisable  to tempt God, my friends, as he expects us to take him at his word.  

So all I can say is, let's continue to pray for one another that this scripture may be true of us all, that we would recognize the voice of the True Shepherd and so respond to the gospel aright:  

Ephesians 1:17 that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him, 18 the eyes of your *understanding being enlightened; that you may know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, 19 and what is the exceeding greatness of His power toward us who believe, according to the working of His mighty power 20 which He worked in Christ when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places, 21 far above all principality and power and might and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in that which is to come.

sandra
    Participant

Quote (david @ April 04 2006,02:57)

Believers are those who acted on their faith

Does not Paul say some had a zeal for God, but not according to accurate knowledge? (Romans 10:2)

Does not Paul say some had a zeal for God, but not according to accurate knowledge? (Romans 10:2)

This is a wonderful scripture David. We all see dimly, and of the knowledge that we have been given, let us boast of Christ, who provides the increase.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Cubes @ April 03 2006,13:16)

Quote (kenrch @ April 01 2006,05:13)
    I would like to pick a day, any day. And all of us on that day pray and seek the Lord TOGETHER.

I believe we would be one if we prayed as one!

What do ya think?

Hi Ken,

The only question is, who shall we be praying to respectively? Shouldn't we agree on who to pray to? YHWH who is one or the Trinity who is not my God? I believe this is critical a foundation, don't you?

What about if we all pray to YHWH (God) in the name of Jesus his son, and ask God to reveal to our hearts what his will is regarding what we should do next to serve him and extend his Kingdom?
    We can ask for direction regarding this website too.

What about Sunday New Zealand time, which is Saturday USA time?

seekingtruth
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ April 06 2006,05:40)

I would like to pick a day, any day.  And all of us on that day pray and seek the Lord TOGETHER.

What do ya think?

Hi Ken,

The only question is, who shall we be praying to respectively?  Shouldn't we agree on who to pray to?  YHWH who is one or the Trinity who is not my God?  I believe this is critical a foundation, don't you?

What about if we all pray to YHWH (God) in the name of Jesus his son, and ask God to reveal to our hearts what his will is regarding what we should do next to serve him and extend his Kingdom?

Sound good to me. The closer we draw to God, the more our differences will disappear.

T8 I want to thank you again for all the work you do to support this site.

Bless you brother

Cubes
    Participant

I look forward to it, watchmen on the wall!

Cubes
    Participant

Quote (seekingtruth @ April 06 2006,13:59)

Quote (t8 @ April 06 2006,05:40)

I would like to pick a day, any day.  And all of us on that day pray and seek the Lord TOGETHER.

What do ya think?

Hi Ken,

The only question is, who shall we be praying to respectively?  Shouldn't we agree on who to pray to?  YHWH who is one or the Trinity who is not my God?  I believe this is critical a foundation, don't you?

Sound good to me. The closer we draw to God, the more our differences will disappear.

T8 I want to thank you again for all the work you do to support this site.

Bless you brother

Very true, seeking Truth.

sandra
    Participant

I shall join in the name of my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ and pray Saturday from Canada, along with all of you.

kenrch
    Participant

ALRIGHT :) :) :) THAT'S APRIL 8TH CORRECT?

PRAISE GOD. WE WILL PRAY TO OUR FATHER WHICH ART IN HEAVEN! YEAH!

WE WILL MEET SPIRITUALLY. AND SOONER OR LATER BE ONE JUST AS JESUS PRAYED!

THANK YOU JESUS

Cubes
    Participant

Hey guys:

So let us approach the Throne of Grace boldly, knowing that God is, and that the Forerunner has gone before us to make a way for us.  I have been encouraged lately by this assurance:

John 17:22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:

Did you know that Yeshua has given us that same or similar glory?  Oh that we may have the mind of Christ, Father!

sandra
    Participant

Fill us OH LORD with THY SPIRIT, with THY TRUTH,”Thy word is truth and a lamp unto our feet”,remove our carnality and make of us a RIGHTEOUS KINGDOM!

kenrch
    Participant

Yes I believe that Jesus died and gave us His rights just as though we haven't sinned.
    Rom 3:23 for all have sinned, and fall short of the glory of God; SINNED not all are sinning. We are clean washed in the blood of Jesus forgiven of our sin. We don't have to sin. I know that sounds like I'm blaspheming but that's only because the way we were taught. They say “we all SIN and fall short of the glory of God. The word says we have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. As long as we give it our all then we are clean and have no sin. If we are born again then we can't sin because of the blood of Jesus.
    1Jo 3:9 Whosoever is begotten of God doeth no sin, because his seed abideth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is begotten of God.
    Does this mean that we don't sin? Spiritually we DON'T sin if we are born again. This is what Paul was saying in Romans 7 and 8.
    Rom 7:20 But if what I would not, that I do, it is no more I that do it, but sin which dwelleth in me.
    Rom 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them that are in Christ Jesus.
    No condemnation “NOT GUILTY” praise His name!
    If we are not guilty and have no sin we are just as Jesus was when He walked the earth (If we have the faith) which was the whole idea. There have been centuries of negative teaching of how “guilty we are ” “we should be ashamed” over and over. Ok already I know I WAS a sinner but I walk no more according to the flesh but unto the Spirit of light and truth and am free from the bondage of sin. Free to walk boldly before the throne because Jesus will announce me to my Father who will say “what sin” glory to the Father and Son.
    Satan has lied to us so we would not grow! Leave the salvation message and grow to an adult and do the works we are called to do!
    I believe we are on the right track. We have to be what Jesus wants us to be. Lets just seek God and be one. Why quarrel among ourselves seek first the Kingdom of God and “ALL things will be given unto you”. What did Satan do with that the independent churches trying to come out of Her! All things will be given to ME! I WANT a new car, house and everything and all I have to do is speak it into existence. What did God's children do with the blood of Christ they gave in to money forgetting that “the Lord is my Shepherd and I SHALL NOT WANT” blinded so much that they could not see and continued to try to use Jesus as a GENIE.

Seek the Kingdom and all SPIRITUAL things will be given to you. If your flesh is dead then the only thing that can be given to you is Spiritual……Gifts. 1Cor. chapter 12 one Spirit all members of the body listening to the HEAD and not our own.
    People used to say to me “it's ok to have money but don't love money” I say it's alright to have what God has for me whatever that will be I'm sure I will be happy simply because I'm in His will. Praise and glory to Father and Son, Amen.
    If we are in Christ then let us follow Christ and grieve not the Spirit of Christ.

Woutlaw
    Participant

ok for some of you guys it's April 8th already, for me its 11:37pm April 7th. I will say a prayer in the morning and will be sure to include you all in my prayers as I have been doing.

Gods Blessings

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Woutlaw @ April 08 2006,05:38)
    ok for some of you guys it's April 8th already, for me its 11:37pm April 7th. I will say a prayer in the morning and will be sure to include you all in my prayers as I have been doing.

Gods Blessings

Brother,

I'm in the central time zone of the U.S. please join us in seeking the Lord with us. Seems like if you get this e-mail now and I think you should as long as your awake and on line it doesn't matter the day of the week we are in prayer at the same time.

For t8 it's Sunday for us it's Saturday someone else it may be Monday but aren't we communicating at the same time?

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 271 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account