Demons

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 343 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 13 2007,16:15)
    Hi 94,
    Christ in James teaches that we have to begin the process by giving in to lawless lusts so that sin\demons are conceived in us.

Jas 1
    13Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:

14But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.

15Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

Hi Nick:

This is true. Jesus says: Mt 15:18
    But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.

Mt 15:19
    For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:

And the Word of God in John 2:15-17 states: 2:15
    Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.  
    2:16
    For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.  
    2:17
    And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

God Bless

NickHassan
    Participant

topical

NickHassan
    Participant

topical

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    What a negative influence on mankind these beings make.
    The millenium will be a lovely time.

Oxy
    Participant

Considering this topic, the point made in James, ie
    Jas 1: 13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:

How do you see this part of the Lord's prayer:
    Mat 6:13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil. For Yours is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, forever. Amen.

So is this saying that while God does not tempt us, He is able to lead us into temptation?

What are your thoughts?

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Oxy @ Jan. 19 2008,14:16)
    Jas 1: 13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:

Mat 6:13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil. For Yours is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, forever. Amen.

So is this saying that while God does not tempt us, He is able to lead us into temptation?

What are your thoughts?

He allows temptation for our growth.

kenrch
    Participant

You must have a headache by now! :D

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 18 2008,11:58)
    Hi,
    What a negative influence on mankind these beings make.
    The millenium will be a lovely time.

Amen!

Is 1:18
    Participant

Quote (Oxy @ Jan. 19 2008,14:16)

Mat 6:13  And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil. For Yours is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, forever. Amen.

What are your thoughts?

Hi Oxy,
    These might help you reconcile these two verses:

http://www.tektonics.org/gk/godtempt.html
    http://www.biblebb.com/files/MAC/sg59-7.htm

Blessings
    :)

Oxy
    Participant

Thanks, I do understand that the prayer is that He leads us on paths where we won't be tempted, just thought it might spark some thought.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    This ties a couple of current threads together but if you execute a mass murderer then you release the demons that drove him back out into the community to find another human vessel who will continue that work surely?

Oxy
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ Jan. 19 2008,16:38)
    You must have a headache by now! :D

There ya go Kenrch, changed it just for yoy :D

Oxy
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 19 2008,17:24)
    Hi,
    This ties a couple of current threads together but if you execute a mass murderer then you release the demons that drove him back out into the community to find another human vessel who will continue that work surely?

I would tend to agree with you on that one Nick. I remember being in a church meeting one time where the visiting preacher said that someone in the congregation had a demon. He commanded that demon to leave, which it did. I actually saw the demon as it approached me, but I called on the name of Jesus and it left again.

Not3in1
    Participant

Oxy,

I thought your other Avatar was a hoot (plus I could relate – ha). Um, what did the demon look like?

Oxy
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Jan. 19 2008,20:26)
    Oxy,

I thought your other Avatar was a hoot (plus I could relate – ha).  Um, what did the demon look like?

Good question. Funny thing, I could only see it with my eyes closed. When I opened my eyes I couldn't see it, when I closed my eyes it was there plain as day. It was the shape of a person, but had no features or anything. Sort of plain white, hard to explain really.

Not3in1
    Participant

“White”? That's interesting. I guess we've watched too many movies that portray the demons as being “black” and dark ghostly-looking creatures. I guess they actually could be like angels of light…….that's even more scary if you ask me.

Is 1:18
    Participant

deleted post, I asked a question already asked….

Oxy
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Jan. 20 2008,12:51)
    “White”?  That's interesting.  I guess we've watched too many movies that portray the demons as being “black” and dark ghostly-looking creatures.  I guess they actually could be like angels of light…….that's even more scary if you ask me.

The spirit that was cast out of the person was a spirit of deception. You are right, it is scary because when the spirit approached me I felt love, joy, peace like you would expect from God. When I renounced it, it left praise God!

I know that had I received that spirit and not renounced it, it would have ultimately destroyed my life.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    Imagine life without these influencing men.
    Man was designed to hold the treasure of God.
    But squatters have taken over and they need cleansing.

NickHassan
    Participant

For IM4,
    Jesus spent a lot of time dealing with these spirits without bodies. They await judgement.
    Mk5
    5And always, night and day, he was in the mountains, and in the tombs, crying, and cutting himself with stones.

6But when he saw Jesus afar off, he ran and worshipped him,

7And cried with a loud voice, and said, What have I to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of the most high God? I adjure thee by God, that thou torment me not.

8For he said unto him, Come out of the man, thou unclean spirit.

9And he asked him, What is thy name? And he answered, saying, My name is Legion: for we are many.

MT 8
    28And when he was come to the other side into the country of the Gergesenes, there met him two possessed with devils, coming out of the tombs, exceeding fierce, so that no man might pass by that way.

29And, behold, they cried out, saying, What have we to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God? art thou come hither to torment us before the time?

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 343 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account