Demons

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 343 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

A thread on demons Mercy.

Satan was cast out of heaven after Jesus was resurrected. Satan was defeated. Death was defeated.

Satan's hold over man was defeated. Thank you Lord Jesus.

kenrch
    Participant

True H, but their are those who like “their” demon.

Mat 12:43 But the unclean spirit, when he is gone out of the man, passeth through waterless places, seeking rest, and findeth it not.
    Mat 12:44 Then he saith, I will return into my house whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished.

Mercy
    Participant

Thanks Nick,

I will give it a read through. I think you and I must have some pretty similiar interpretations on these matters just gauging from you posts that have glanced over.

I think that the majority of Christians are completely in the dark about the nature of demons. There appears to be many and various ranks amongst both angels and fallen angels and I won't pretend to understand or know all of that. I do believe that Satan oppurates with and has oppurated with:

Fallen Angels “Abaddon / Apollyon / Azazel”
    Nephilim (giants and hybrids) “Goliath / Og”
    Demons (disembodied giants and hybrids) “Legion / Gergesenes demonics”

NickHassan
    Participant

This is topical

david
    Participant

Nick, are your ideas on what demons are based on the book of Enoch?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi david,
    Try the book of Mark and see how much time Jesus spent setting free those troubled by evil spirits or demons. Note how they occupy men and can speak and reason. Remember how when cast out they look for others to inhabit but there is no mention of them dying.

malcolm ferris
    Participant

An interesting thing to note is just how aware these demons or evil spirits are of the servants of God, and of their position as such.
    They recognised Jesus – according to the gospels – as being the son of God even though the majority of people in that day were completely unaware of his presence. (Matt 8:29, Mark 1:23-24)
    Also Paul had some interesting run-ins with spirits that he had to tell to 'shut up' (Acts 16:16:-18)
    Also those who sought to impersonate the genuine Apostles were rebuked by the evil spirits who said “Paul we acknowledge but who are you” (Acts 19:13-16)

It seems that the evil spirits are often more aware of God's servants than others.

NickHassan
    Participant

amen

They go back to the earliest times so they have more knowledge of spiritual history.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Much of the ministry of Jesus was cleansing the cup of men from these evil controlling influences.

NickHassan
    Participant

HI,
    The book of Mark is full of the work of Jesus against demons. He was accused of being demonised and his friends even thought he was unwell.

Mk 3
    ” 21And when his friends heard of it, they went out to lay hold on him: for they said, He is beside himself.

22And the scribes which came down from Jerusalem said, He hath Beelzebub, and by the prince of the devils casteth he out devils.

23And he called them unto him, and said unto them in parables, How can Satan cast out Satan?

24And if a kingdom be divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand.

25And if a house be divided against itself, that house cannot stand.

26And if Satan rise up against himself, and be divided, he cannot stand, but hath an end.

27No man can enter into a strong man's house, and spoil his goods, except he will first bind the strong man; and then he will spoil his house.

28Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme:

29But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation.”

They were wrong and put themselves at great risk by making such statements.

But the spirit of madness is indeed difficult for natural men to discern from the Spirit of God. There are religious spirits that speak as if from God. Paul recognised and cast out a spirit of divination from a woman who was a great advertiser of his work.

Acts 16
    ” 16And it came to pass, as we went to prayer, a certain damsel possessed with a spirit of divination met us, which brought her masters much gain by soothsaying:

17The same followed Paul and us, and cried, saying, These men are the servants of the most high God, which shew unto us the way of salvation.

18And this did she many days. But Paul, being grieved, turned and said to the spirit, I command thee in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her. And he came out the same hour.”

Test the spirits.
    The Spirit of God is gentle and orderly and produces good fruit.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Jesus dealt with demons that caused illness both physical and mental and all sorts of other problems.
    He met the man from the Gadarenes who was inhabited by a legion of them in Mk 5

“1And they came over unto the other side of the sea, into the country of the Gadarenes.

2And when he was come out of the ship, immediately there met him out of the tombs a man with an unclean spirit,

3Who had his dwelling among the tombs; and no man could bind him, no, not with chains:

4Because that he had been often bound with fetters and chains, and the chains had been plucked asunder by him, and the fetters broken in pieces: neither could any man tame him.

5And always, night and day, he was in the mountains, and in the tombs, crying, and cutting himself with stones.”

So the demons gave him great strength
    But he was unhappy and obsessed
    He was driven and largely controlled
    He was outside of commonsense.
    Useless to God, man and beast.
    Rebellious and in disorder.
    Self injuring
    Isolated
    As among the dead.

But yet the man was still able to come to Jesus despite his immense burden to seek freedom from them.

Jesus came to set men free from the kingdom of darkness and to bring them into his wonderful light.

Man is a vessel, and if left empty of the Spirit of God for whch he was designed, finds plenty of willing lodgers.

NickHassan
    Participant

For 94.

NickHassan
    Participant

topical

NickHassan
    Participant

topical

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 11 2007,02:31)
    For 94.

Hi Nick:

I appreciate the lesson on the subject of demons, but I must confess that I need to ask God to give me understanding relative to this subject.  It is not easy to understand.

I don't believe that the book of Enoch is the Word of God, and so I can't use it as a source to try to understand this or any other topic.

I'll be back with you on this later.

God Bless

kenrch
    Participant

I don't know for sure but I don't believe the scientist know why some people have many (split) personalities. John the Baptist had Elijah. So demons can and do live in people who do not know better are in some cases WANT the demons. Demons are nothing for the children of God to cast out. The demon(s) have to leave at the command of Jesus.

Participant

Hi Nick:

I promised to give my understanding of this subject after I sought God in prayer and so I will attempt to do this although some things relative to the subject are difficult to understand.

Simply stated, a demon is an evil spirit, and to be demon possessed is to be controlled by that spirit or spirits.

In the scriptures Jesus was accused of having a demon by the Pharisees because he was irrational in what he was teaching.  (John 8:48-52, John 10:20)

And in Mark 3:22, he was accused of casting out demons by Beelzebub, prince of the devils. Jesus answered his accusers saying essentially that if Satan cast out Satan he would be working against himself.  And so, by this we understand that Satan is the origin of evil spirits, and those who have them are part of his kingdom.  (Mark 3:23-24)

Satan is called the Serpent in Genesis 3.  We are told by the spriptures that he was a beast of the field that God created, and that he was more crafty than any of the beasts that he created, and was responsible for tempting Eve to sin against God.  It is evident the tempter cannot do any thing unless he is being tempted yields to the temptation.  We know that Eve yielded to the temptation and sinned against God and then Adam also sinned.  The scripture states: “Wherefore as by one man sin(the spirit of disobedience to God) entered into the world…”.  The scripture then continues saying that “all (of mankind born of the sperm of man) have sinned.  And so, all of mankind has at one time had an evil spirit. Ephesians 2:2-3 states: “Wherein in times past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience; among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others”.  

But it is one thing to have and evil spirit as a person practicing sin and to be someone who is demon possessed.  In the scriptures, we see that demon possession caused some to be dumb, to be blind, or to foam at the mouth or to act violently.  It appears that illness that controls the mind as opposed to an illness of the body.

In todays world it would appear that such persons who are serial rapists, or serial murders or physics are examples of demon possession.  Also, those who have been brain washed into thinking they are serving God by blowing themselves up and killing others in the process, I believe would fall into this category.

To say that demons have come from any other source can only be speculation.

While apparently it is true that there were apparently angelic being who sinned, Jude 6 states: “And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he (God) hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the  great day”.  It appears highly unlikely that God would cast evil angelic beings into the earth.  Is there not enough evil in the world without this?

Re 12:9
    “And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him”.

Joh 12:31
    “Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out”. It is my understanding that this to what Rev. 12:9 refers.  He was cast out and those Pharisees who were his angels who were cast out with him, but also, there will be those who are his angels who will be cast out in this latter day by virture of the parable of the tares. (Matt. 13:25-40)

As to the devil and his origin, the scripture states that he was a beast of the field that God created.  Some have tried to read further revelation as to who he was by referring to Isaiah 14:12 and the verses following and to Ezekiel 28, but Isaiah 14 is making reference to the king of Babylon and Ezekiel makes reference to the king of Tyrus but 28:13-15 appears to refer to the first man Adam.

God Bless

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    Christ in James teaches that we have to begin the process by giving in to lawless lusts so that sin\demons are conceived in us.

Jas 1
    13Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:

14But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.

15Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 343 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account