Definition of Church

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 121 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    Indeed many uncircumcised became brothers of Christ.
    But God does not call all men brothers of Christ.
    We must be reborn from above.

Do you suggest these words were written to those still under the wrath of God.
    Gal 3
    ' 1O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?

2This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

3Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?”

Or these because if so all men must already be in Christ and empowered by the Spirit
    Rom 8
    ” 1There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

2For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

3For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

4That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.”
    Frankly the world's fruit stinks.

chosenone
    Participant

Hi Nick.
    No man in this present eon is under the wrath of God. We have been justified by the death and rousing of our Lord and Saviour Christ Jesus. Ro.5:10 For if, being enemies, we were conciliated to God through the death of His Son, much rather, being conciliated , we shall be saved in His Life. Yet not only so, but we are glorying also in God, through our Lord Jesus Christ, through Whom we now obtained the conciliation.
    The term “wrath of God” is an incorrect term to use in this present eon.

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    Really? No need to respond to the Son ?
    Jn 3
    ” 33He that hath received his testimony hath set to his seal that God is true.

34For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him.

35The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand.

36He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.”
    Jn3
    “14And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:

15That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

16For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

18He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

19And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

20For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

21But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God. “
    1Jn 5
    ' 9If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son.

10He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.

11And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.

12He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

13These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

I think the testimony of God is greater and safer than your advice.

chosenone
    Participant

Hi Nick.
    Again, you use scripture to the Jews, still under the Old Covenant, still under the law. We are now under the covenant of Grace, conciliated to God through the death and rousing of Christ Jesus. God has set His chosen people aside, see 'Acts'. Nothing I have written that is my advice, all is biblcal scripture.

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Chosenone,
    Are you chosen or is the title an oxymoron and all are called and chosen.
    Actually most of Jn3 was written to Nicodemus and does not apply to any others on the planet. Is that not equally likely to be true?

chosenone
    Participant

Hi Nick.
    I chose this name not because I believe I am special in any way, Just the opposite. I claim no responsability for my salvation by anything I have done, because I'm sure by now you know I believe in the scriptures, “All is of God”. My salvation is only by the “Grace of God”, Lest I should boast. I am not good enough to earn my way into salvation, “For His achievement am I”. I thank God and the sacrifice of His Son Christ Jesus, His death and rousing, for my salvation, nothing I can do will earn this blessing. “The flesh cannot please God”. I use this name because the ecclesia (body of Christ) is chosen by Him, and I feel so bessed to be included, “by the grace of God”, not anything I did.
    Re John 3, It records Jesus' conversation with Nicodemus, and is intended for our benefit, as all scripture is, even if it is not about us.

Blessings

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    When the priest offered sacrifices for sin in the OT was it carte blanche releasing the forgiveness of God for all men sort of like magic?
    Is it any different for the Lamb of God?

chosenone
    Participant

The sacrifices in the Old Testament never took away the sin, it was only covered and had to be repeated every year for covering.
    Jesus Christs death and rousing paid the penalty for our sins, past, present, and future, (The wages of sin is death). Christ Jesus paid our debt with His death, having justified us, He is now sitting at Gods' right Hand side. God see's our sin no more. We have been conciliated to God. No more sacrifice is needed, ever.

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    And that selfless action is so easy to partake in for all men, Jew and gentile.
    Repent, believe and be baptised in the name of Jesus for the forgiveness of your sins and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
    Would you not partake?

Participant

Hi Brother Krench:

God tells us the following about the serpent: Genesis 3      
    3:1
    Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?  

And when Adam and Eve sinned, the judgment to the serpent was, Genesis 3      
    3:1
    Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?  

The serpent's seed were those who yielded to his temptation.  We do not see any serpents walking around today, but what we do see is evil men who sin and tempt others to sin as well.  And, so the devil is a spirit.

14:16
    They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms;

This is a continuation of what is being said beginning in 14:12 and 14:16 says, “IS THIS THE MAN THAT MADE THE EARTH TO TREMBLE, THAT DID SHAKE THE KINGDOMS”.  And so, definitely 14:12 refers to a man in his exalted state.

12:9
    And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

John 12:31
    Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out.  
    12:32

Jesus overcame the tempter and did not sin, and so he was cast out at this time, and his angels were cast out with him, that is those who were obeying the devil, the Pharisees.

And you ask.

What of this scripture?

Gen 1:28  And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and REPLENISH the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

Replebish the earth.  That is do again right?

To be sure, I had never looked at this verse of scripture that closely before.  It appears that it is saying to do it again.  But according to Strong's concordance it means to fill.  It doesn't say to fill again.
    The KJV Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon

Strong's Number:   04390  Browse Lexicon  
    Original Word Word Origin
    alm a primitive root
    Transliterated Word TDNT Entry
    Male' TWOT – 1195
    Phonetic Spelling Parts of Speech
    maw-lay'        Verb  

Definition
    to fill, be full
    (Qal)
    to be full 1a fulness, abundance (participle) 1a to be full, be accomplished, be ended
    to consecrate, fill the hand (Niphal)
    to be filled, be armed, be satisfied to be accomplished, be ended (Piel)
    to fill to satisfy to fulfil, accomplish, complete to confirm (Pual) to be filled (Hithpael) to mass themselves against  

God Bless

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    The book of revelation is prophetic so the casting out of Satan and his minions from heaven was in the future and not the time of Christ. All men are evil by nature serving the prince of darkness and so all must repent and be reborn from above.

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 20 2007,14:31)
    Hi 94,
    The book of revelation is prophetic so the casting out of Satan and his minions from heaven was in the future and not the time of Christ. All men are evil by nature serving the prince of darkness and so all must repent and be reborn from above.

Hi Nick:

Is the devil still in heaven then?  

Also, I believe that God made man capable of choosing right or wrong, Jesus as you say was like us in that way.  The difference is that we acquired and evil nature in that we yielded to temptation and sinned.  Jesus did not sin although he was tempted in every way just as we were.

God Bless

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    Of that I wonder. Things are warming up down here and he is usually the cause.

chosenone
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 20 2007,10:29)
    Hi CO,
    And that selfless action is so easy to partake in for all men, Jew and gentile.
    Repent, believe and be baptised in the name of Jesus for the forgiveness of your sins and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
    Would you not partake?

Hi Nick.
    Why would I need forgiveness of sins? What do you think Jesus died for? Was it not to take away the sins of the whole world? If we were still in our sins then Christ Jesus died for nothing!

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    Believe it or not you are a sinner in need of forgiveness.

God wants all to be saved.
    Jesus has done enouugh for that to occur.
    But folk have bought a new ox they want to try out and ignore the invitation offered to all.

chosenone
    Participant

Hi Nick.
    What did Jesus die for? Do I still need forgiveness? Does Jesus have to die again?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    Once for all.
    Yes you do if you have yet to seek it.
    Heb 9
    24For Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands, which are the figures of the true; but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us:

25Nor yet that he should offer himself often, as the high priest entereth into the holy place every year with blood of others;

26For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.

27And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

28So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation”
    Jn13
    ” 8Peter saith unto him, Thou shalt never wash my feet. Jesus answered him, If I wash thee not, thou hast no part with me.”

We must be clothed with Christ.
    Gal3
    ' 26For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

27For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

28There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.”

You do not want to be found not wearing the wedding garments appointed to us.
    Matt 22
    ” 11And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment:

12And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless.

13Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness, there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

14For many are called, but few are chosen. “

Be chosen

chosenone
    Participant

Hi Nick.
    You say “be chosen”, how do we do this?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    Read above the verse-be dressed to party.
    Follow him into his death and you will follow him into the first resurrection.

chosenone
    Participant

This is the “works” I have to do to be saved? Only the book of Galations is for us, you need to have added the last verse,29, “Now if you are Christ's, consequently you are of Abrahams seed, enjoyers of the allotment ACCORDING TO THE PROMISE.
    Nick, if I may, I would like to exit from this discussion, I feel we will never agree, and further attempts are futile.
    So, God bless you, we will meet some day in heaven, when we will all see clearly.

Blessings, CO.

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 121 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account