Definition of Church

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 121 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi bastion,
    Jn 10.2f
    ” But he who enters by the door is the shepherd of the sheep. To him the doorkeeper opens and the sheep hear his voice, and he calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. When he puts forth all his own he goes ahead of them and the sheep follow him because they know his voice. A stranger they simply will not follow, but will flee from him, because they do not know the voice of strangers”
    Some sheep are happy to listen to and follow any voice because they do not know his voice.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 08 2005,14:08)
    Hi bastion,
    Jn 10.2f
    ” But he who enters by the door is the shepherd of the sheep. To him the doorkeeper opens and the sheep hear his voice, and he calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. When he puts forth all his own he goes ahead of them and the sheep follow him because they know his voice. A stranger they simply will not follow, but will flee from him, because they do not know the voice of strangers”
    Some sheep are happy to listen to and follow any voice because they do not know his voice.

I'm telling you guys the only church for truth seekers like us is: The Church Of The First Born. There is no other church!

I believe that Father knows is plan better than anybody even Jesus. Only the Father knows when He will send Jesus again.
    So I ask: Why are there so many denminations? Why are there so many translations?
    I believe we are to SEEK. Each denomination has some truth. Each translation has some truth. There is no ONE denomination with all the truth, same with translations. There is no translation that is 100%.
    Why is it like that? I'll tell you why because those who SEEK will find truth. Those who are stuck in one denomination will never come to the knowledge of the truth. I don't mind telling you that God is pleased with those who seek the truth though they be a small flock!

Woutlaw
    Participant

kenrch,

I don't know about The Church of the First Born. I did some research and are you referring to the General Assembly? I think there is a difference. I'm having a hard time getting doctrinal statements from any of the Church of the First Born sites i've visited. If you have any sites you recommend please let me know.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Woutlaw @ Dec. 09 2005,14:45)
    kenrch,

I don't know about The Church of the First Born. I did some research and are you referring to the General Assembly? I think there is a difference. I'm having a hard time getting doctrinal statements from any of the Church of the First Born sites i've visited. If you have any sites you recommend please let me know.

Hi Woutlaw,

I was referring to Heb. 12:23. One day the JWs at work kept asking what church did I belong to, he knew I didn't have a church. While I was serching the scriptures about something I ran into Heb. 12:23 then a picture of my fellow employee popped into my head. So that's the church I belong to. You do too!!!!! :)

david
    Participant

Hi Kenrch.
    Are any of your other workmates (those with or without a religion) interested in your religious beliefs?

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (david @ Dec. 10 2005,00:54)
    Hi Kenrch.
    Are any of your other workmates (those with or without a religion) interested in your religious beliefs?

Some are some aren't my JWs friend is very interested. I 'm not out to please anyone but the Father. If anyone is saved it's because of the Father and not me. Some plant, some feed,and some will harvest. While I wouldn't want anyone to miss the boat that's not up to me.
    Like I said I believe in rank and also in heaven, but to be born again is basic. You can't enter the Kingdom weather on earth or heaven unless your born gain. The 144k are the cream of the crop. I know that NO ONE could ever deny my right that Christ gave me to become a child of God (John 1:12). Do you think that Christ died just for the elect? God is no respecter of persons. Do you believe that those who inherit the earth cannot communicate with their Father?
    Unless you are born again you will not be able too.

Back to our question if you agree good, if you can prove me wrong good I'll learn something. If I'm not sure then I'll tell you so or I'll simply say “I don't know”.

I hope this answers most of your questions.

Woutlaw
    Participant

you were starting to scare me kenrch, because what little i found on the “Church of the Firstborn” wasn't pleasant. thanks for clearing up the misunderstanding.

God's Blessings

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Woutlaw @ Dec. 10 2005,21:15)
    you were starting to scare me kenrch, because what little i found on the “Church of the Firstborn” wasn't pleasant. thanks for clearing up the misunderstanding.

God's Blessings

Your welcome Woutlaw :)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Is the church the body of Christ?
    Can someone enter the church without being reborn from above?
    If not then are they all deceived who believe they are safe but who have not gone through that gate?

NickHassan
    Participant

topical

Tim2
    Participant

I've got a question:

What do the Orthodox, Catholic, and Protestant denominations agree on? I'll even give a list of choices:

a) Church governance
    b) The books in the canon
    c) The nature of the sacraments
    d) justification
    e) the Trinity

Tim

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tim2,
    Srely the means of entry to the body of Christ has more importance, for unless one has gone through the gate himself he is yet to escape the wrath of God and partake in the blessings of the kingdom.

Matt 6
    ” 33But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.”

chosenone
    Participant

Hi dmd777.
    We (Christians), don't 'go to church', we are the church. We are the “Called out” ones, (the ecclesia) chosen of God.
    2Tim.1:9 … in accord with the power of God, Whom saves us and calls us with a holy calling, not in accord with our acts, but in accord with His own purpose and grace which is given to us in Christ Jesus before times eonian, …
    Don't be decieved by useing scripture meant for the Jews while still under the 'Old Covenant” (the old testement and the four Gospels). Use the teachings of Paul that are meant for us in this present eon. God has conciliated the world to Himself through the death and rousing of His Son, Christ Jesus, we being now justified, the 'wrath of God' has no truth in teaching this today.

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    I agree that we need to discern which audience that Christ was speaking to.
    Otherwise we would all need to do this

Mk2
    “11I say unto thee, Arise, and take up thy bed, and go thy way into thine house.”

Then who are the called out ones?
    From who are they called out?
    What of those who are not called out?
    Does it make any difference if you are called out or not?

chosenone
    Participant

Hi Nick.
    The called out ones are those God chooses, and are called “out of the world”, as His chosen ones.
    Those that are not called out at this time, (the ecclecia are the called out), will remain on earth after the snatching away (rapture) of the ecclesia (church). The remaining will go through the 'great Tribulation”, then Christ will return and set up the 1000 year reign on earth.
    Followed by Satans release for a time, and then the judgeing, and consummation. (I am not clear as to the timeing of the latter part of my explanation, nor am I clear as to how it all enfolds, I am mortal and do not understand all of Gods ways).

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    So some are not called out? What of them? Their fate is not in their hands either as rebirth is irrelevant? Repentance is useless? Hope is all we have? Sounds like presumption to me.

chosenone
    Participant

Hi Nick.
    All will be saved, but each in thier own time, see 1Cor.15:23. The ecclesia (church), are those chosen by God, remember, “All is of God”. These will be 'snatched away' to meet Him in the air at the rapture (the word rapture is not biblical),see 1Thess.4:16-18.
    Those remaining will go through the Tribulation, Christ will return…millenial Kingdom…Judgement…Consummation. God will be “All in all”.

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    God is ridding heaven and earth of Sin. Darkness has penetrated even the heavens and has corrupted the earth. It will be eliminated by fire.
    Judgement is the trinunal of Christ[?2Cor5]for the sons of God and the rest face the great white throne judgement 1000yrs later. Some of them are found to be goats. What of them?

Participant

Quote (Tim2 @ April 12 2007,08:35)
    I've got a question:

What do the Orthodox, Catholic, and Protestant denominations agree on?  I'll even give a list of choices:

a) Church governance
    d) justification
    e) the Trinity

Tim

Hi Tim2:

My question to you is: “Is God confirming what they teach with miracles, signs, and wonders following as he did in the ministry of the Jesus and of the Apostles?  If not, then it is a possiblilty that what they teach, although they may agree, is not correct.

God Bless

Quote (942767 @ April 14 2007,09:03)

Quote (Tim2 @ April 12 2007,08:35)
    I've got a question:

What do the Orthodox, Catholic, and Protestant denominations agree on?  I'll even give a list of choices:

a) Church governance
    d) justification
    e) the Trinity

Tim

Hi Tim2:

My question to you is: “Is God confirming what they teach with miracles, signs, and wonders following as he did in the ministry of the Jesus and of the Apostles?  If not, then it is a possiblilty that what they teach, although they may agree, is not correct.

God Bless

You wouldnt know unless you go to Church.

Could you gives us some examples of miracles and signs and wonders in your life recently?

:)

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 121 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account