Debating bodhitharta

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 411 total)
  • Author
    Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Feb. 24 2010,20:03)

Quote (princess of the king @ Feb. 23 2010,13:26)

Quote (Stu @ Feb. 22 2010,16:26)
    I hope you didn't really mean you find reality boring.  How could it be boring when there are so many crackpot religious belief systems to be amazed by?

Stuart

truly stuart you becoming absurbed in your remarks lately, are you well, anything i can do to help.

I'm serious!

Scientology
    Isalm
    Catholicism (nasty business that)
    The Moonies
    Branch Davidians
    Orthodox Judaism
    Christianity
    Sikhim
    Jehovah's Botherers

Barking mad all of it, and fascinating why humans would fall for it.

Of course as always, royalty is exempt, right?

Stuart

Don't forget Aetheists. They are barkingest mad.

They don't believe in a creator. They believe that nothing caused everything or something dead did it. That is stark raving bonkers.

At least the other groups got the belief in God part right.

Sorry Stu, but atheists are not off the hook. Some atheists have inflicted great evil in this world just as some Catholics, Moslems, and other organisational faiths have.

Aetheism is the opuim for those who don't believe in God. There is a cure. It is called true faith.

If you think about it logically, evil is done by all kinds of people. It is man that is the problem. Man is essentially in a fallen state. Aetheism is not going to cure that. It will only make it worse.

Stu
    Participant

If you think about it logically t8, the prison statistics say we should lock up christians as a preventive measure, we should close down madrassahs because they teach people about the philosophy of blowing up innocent people, we should stop Jews and muslims from non-consentually chopping off their infant sons' foreskins, stop muslims from abusing human rights in the general ways that they do, close down the RCC because they cannot be trusted with the safety of children, close down the JWs because they cannot be trusted to offer proper medical care for their most vulnerable, and offer psychiatric help for Scientologists who clearly need it.

What atheist organisation would you curtail, and for what reason?

Stuart

karmarie
    Participant

Hi Stuart

I hope you dont grumble like that in your day to day activities.
    We know a man who used to do that. (He was about 60) He suddenly changed one day. No-one knows why. Hes really nice now and has been for years.
    I think he used to suffer from too much stress.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Feb. 24 2010,21:13)
    If you think about it logically t8, the prison statistics say we should lock up christians as a preventive measure, we should close down madrassahs because they teach people about the philosophy of blowing up innocent people, we should stop Jews and muslims from non-consentually chopping off their infant sons' foreskins, stop muslims from abusing human rights in the general ways that they do, close down the RCC because they cannot be trusted with the safety of children, close down the JWs because they cannot be trusted to offer proper medical care for their most vulnerable, and offer psychiatric help for Scientologists who clearly need it.

What atheist organisation would you curtail, and for what reason?

Stuart

Stu. You are playing with words. I am a believer and you are an atheist. How many people who believe have robbed and killed people? How many atheists have done that?

I am willing to bet that believers would be less likely to do such crimes by reason of their belief that good people are rewarded by God and bad people are punished.

All that stuff you mention about organizations is irrelevant from my point of view because I disagree with most of them too. Many of them use religion to make money and are corrupt to the core just like some governments, and militant groups.

But to argue the point, yes there are lots of religious organizations that do bad things or do harmful things in ignorance. There are lots of governments that do the same. There is the IRA, FARC, and Shining Light, that terrorize civilians as well.

I am willing to bet that all these are made up of atheists and people who believe in God. Except the people who believe in God and murder must feel serious condemnation by their conscience by reason that God judges all sin in the end. But the atheists don't have that worry. There is no God for them, so they can do whatever they want for their cause without guilt or fear of judgment.

Like I said before and I doubt you can refute it. All men are not perfect. All men are sinners. Whether we believe in God or not, we are sinners. The one advantage believers have is that they believe that there will be a day of reckoning for sin and evil committed under the sun. Atheists do not believe in any consequence except for here and now.

So to conclude. Man is sinful. Only God can help. Atheism makes things worse because it denies the cure.

Stu
    Participant

Stu. You are playing with words. I am a believer and you are an atheist. How many people who believe have robbed and killed people? How many atheists have done that?

I am willing to bet that believers would be less likely to do such crimes by reason of their belief that good people are rewarded by God and bad people are punished.

I would bet hundreds against you. Are you on?

All that stuff you mention about organizations is irrelevant from my point of view because I disagree with most of them too. Many of them use religion to make money and are corrupt to the core just like some governments, and militant groups.

But to argue the point, yes there are lots of religious organizations that do bad things or do harmful things in ignorance. There are lots of governments that do the same. There is the IRA, FARC, and Shining Light, that terrorize civilians as well.

I am willing to bet that all these are made up of atheists and people who believe in God. Except the people who believe in God and murder must feel serious condemnation by their conscience by reason that God judges all sin in the end. But the atheists don't have that worry. There is no God for them, so they can do whatever they want for their cause without guilt or fear of judgment.

Which all goes to show what a load of nonsense this fear of judgment assertion of yours is. You would expect there to be a massive correlation between non-belief and convictions for all sorts of offenses. Actually it is a negative correlation. I think part of the reason is that atheists have higher IQs on average and are more likely to be successful, whereas it is also true that fear of consequences plays little part in events that take place in the heat of the moment. The reptilian brain hijacks the rest of the brain and pushes the individual into a fight or flight response, in which state the person is not really making rational decisions. So much for free will and the perfect creation. The brain is virtually useless to us in some of these situations. You must believe in a cruel god on that evidence, or none of course.

Like I said before and I doubt you can refute it. All men are not perfect.

Subject to what you mean by perfect, rather than refuting you I will probably end up agreeing with you.

All men are sinners.

That I disagree with. I am not a sinner because I do not subscribe to the religion that names people as such. It would be absurd to call me the Commodore of a sailing club if I was not a member of any sailing club. In the end you and your christian club can use whatever fantasy terms you like to describe outsiders (and yourselves of course), but if those outside your cult simply have no respect for that accusation, then it has little value. Of course you can get puffed up and say “you just wait…” but that is all we have ever done with Judeo-christianity: wait, as various end time prophecies have failed dismally, and no evidence that even remotely suggests any such thing as an afterlife or punishment by Imaginary Friends has emerged.

Whether we believe in God or not, we are sinners. The one advantage believers have is that they believe that there will be a day of reckoning for sin and evil committed under the sun. Atheists do not believe in any consequence except for here and now.

Your imagined consequences have never actually eventuated. They are essentially a bluff. Of course christians are too prideful to consider the possibility.

So to conclude. Man is sinful. Only God can help. Atheism makes things worse because it denies the cure.

And what was the ‘cure’ for Uzzah’s sin?

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

Quote (karmarie @ Feb. 24 2010,21:39)
    Hi Stuart

I hope you dont grumble like that in your day to day activities.
    We know a man who used to do that. (He was about 60) He suddenly changed one day. No-one knows why. Hes really nice now and has been for years.
    I think he used to suffer from too much stress.

Christianity brings out the worst in me. Actually I think it might come second to islam. At least christians ignore what they are told to do in Leviticus and Deuteronomy.

Stuart

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Feb. 24 2010,05:45)
    Christianity brings out the worst in me.  Actually I think it might come second to islam.  At least christians ignore what they are told to do in Leviticus and Deuteronomy.

Stuart

As do most modern Jews, fortunately!

Seriously though Stu, we should all stop giving Bodhitharta the time of day. From http://www.booktalk.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1271&view=next

Our new member, Asana Bodhitharta, has been getting quite a bit of attention around here lately. In an effort to figure him out I've run some searches and found that he has been preaching his nonsense on dozens of other sites for years and years. Many sites have banned him and ALL have concluded that he has mental problems and is delusional. It looks like most members here, theist and atheist alike, have reached similar conclusions.

I've seen enough similar comments on others sites to conclude that BD is in need of extensive therapy, not our responses. The latter is a waste of life we can't get back.

Stu
    Participant

Yes I think in addition to all the other qualities people have described, BD is seeking attention above his ability.

Wouldn't it be amusing if as a result of all this interaction with people of non-Asana cult faith he found cause to renounce his pseudo-islamic beliefs?!

I don't think he is capable of thinking through to its logical conclusion the hypocrisy of saying that islam should be unified while trying to get one up on old mo, cult-wise.

If they chop off bits of limb for stealing bread then I can't imagine what allah's reaction will be to attempted schism.

Stuart

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Feb. 24 2010,23:01)

Christianity brings out the worst in me.  Actually I think it might come second to islam.  At least christians ignore what they are told to do in Leviticus and Deuteronomy.

Stuart

Seriously though Stu, we should all stop giving Bodhitharta the time of day. From http://www.booktalk.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1271&view=next

Our new member, Asana Bodhitharta, has been getting quite a bit of attention around here lately. In an effort to figure him out I've run some searches and found that he has been preaching his nonsense on dozens of other sites for years and years. Many sites have banned him and ALL have concluded that he has mental problems and is delusional. It looks like most members here, theist and atheist alike, have reached similar conclusions.

I've seen enough similar comments on others sites to conclude that BD is in need of extensive therapy, not our responses. The latter is a waste of life we can't get back.

Quote:
    ——————————————————————————–
    He(Allah) even when revealing this message implanted a sign in the book “Witness The Real” as each chapter is called Q..ie..Q-1 and so on… this was before I knew that Surah 50 was QAF so imagine my heart when I read that for the first time. While Q is the 19th letter I didn't find a connection there regarding me but the number 17 holds a special signifigance.
    ——————————————————————————–

Chris OConnor
    BookTalk Owner
    Posts: 8423 How do you explain Chris putting this post regarding me which states that 17 holds a special signifigance and this being the 8423 post of Chris. 8+4+2+3= 17

Not to mention that yesterday I had just posted that the boundary of the universe is 17 trillion light emanations.

The date of that post was 11+07+2006 and those numbers add up to 1+1+7+2+6= 17

ALLAH HU AKBAR(The GOD is great)

P.S. When I finished this post it had 17 views

God is Amazing!!!

After the second edit I made it read 7 replies and 19 views

7+1+9=17 that is my third edit

Amazing! God IS REAL!

bodhitharta
    Participant

Stuart

It's interesting that because you were found to be lacking in education about the things you hold close to your heart that you then say silly things about others, but you should ask yourself what does your being wrong about so many issues here have anything to do with me?

karmarie
    Participant

Stuart

Bod just ignore that.
    Iv had the sad encounter of a person recently who actually used to be nice, but hes changed, and to make himself look better and to get what he wants he tries to bring up things long sorted out,
    the way I see it if anyone wants to listen to him thats their choice,

Just an example but you know what I mean.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (karmarie @ Feb. 25 2010,08:23)

Stuart

Bod just ignore that.
    Iv had the sad encounter of a person recently who actually used to be nice, but hes changed, and to make himself look better and to get what he wants he tries to bring up things long sorted out,
    the way I see it if anyone wants to listen to him thats their choice,

Just an example but you know what I mean.

I told you before that some use dishonesty and manipulation and mistake it for reasonableness.

kejonn
    Participant

No dishonesty, no manipulation. Your posting history on the Internet is available for all. You have been banned from many of them, and very few even care to respond to you any more. I am going to place myself on that list because your modus operandi is to argue for the sake of arguing while refusing to accept reality over imagination. I cannot waste more time speaking to brick walls.

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Feb. 24 2010,10:31)
    It's interesting that because you were found to be lacking in education about the things you hold close to your heart that you then say silly things about others, but you should ask yourself what does your being wrong about so many issues here have anything to do with me?

I said I was no evolutionary biologist. Are you? Then you lack as much education in that aspect as I do.

No, Stu brought attention to your posting history. By all appearances, you are here because you have been rejected or banned elsewhere. There is a reason for this. Its not because you have any “truth”, its because you are stubborn and refuse to concede any points unless they match your preconceived notions. Therefore debate with you is simply futile.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Feb. 25 2010,09:59)
    I told you before that some use dishonesty and manipulation and mistake it for reasonableness.

Like they told you at RD.net:

“Bodhitharta, you're dishonesty is really incredible. That you accuse other posters of dishonesty is ironic in the extreme.”

and

Bodhi, you truly are … the most dishonest poster I have ever had the misfortune to encounter.

So it isn't just us then.

Stuart

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Feb. 25 2010,12:34)

No dishonesty, no manipulation.

I wasn't referring to you in that post. However, you do seem to admit it

Your posting history on the Internet is available for all.

I'm glad that it is

You have been banned from many of them, and very few even care to respond to you any more.

The ones I haven't been banned from I also am not posting at because I post exclusively here at the moment. But being banned for not violating the rules as they are laid out is in no way a bad mark on me, it's a bad mark on the ones who banned me.

I am going to place myself on that list because your modus operandi is to argue for the sake of arguing while refusing to accept reality over imagination. I cannot waste more time speaking to brick walls.

That's completely up to you, but I don't argue for the sake of Arguing as the purpose of argument is discovery and we all know that you have NO interest in discovering God because you have the Atheists Disease.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Feb. 25 2010,12:46)

Quote (bodhitharta @ Feb. 24 2010,10:31)

I said I was no evolutionary biologist. Are you? Then you lack as much education in that aspect as I do.

No, Stu brought attention to your posting history. By all appearances, you are here because you have been rejected or banned elsewhere. There is a reason for this. Its not because you have any “truth”, its because you are stubborn and refuse to concede any points unless they match your preconceived notions. Therefore debate with you is simply futile.

Actually I am more than willing to concede any valid point, have you given me one?

Here I will show you the problem with you:

Can anything exist without the inherent properties, Qualities or materials already existing?

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Feb. 26 2010,13:30)

“Bodhitharta, you're dishonesty is really incredible. That you accuse other posters of dishonesty is ironic in the extreme.”

and

Bodhi, you truly are … the most dishonest poster I have ever had the misfortune to encounter.

Stuart

They wrote it so it must be so?

It is also written: Jesus wept. But you don't believe that, do you?

Stu
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Feb. 26 2010,14:19)

and

Stuart

These other people find your posting habits dishonest, we find them dishonest, so it is true that it is not just us who find you dishonest. That is all I claimed and it is definitely true that it is what we find.

I think the words that others put in Jesus's mouth after his death would be more than enough cause for him to weep. If he were alive.

Stuart

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Feb. 26 2010,16:09)

Quote (bodhitharta @ Feb. 26 2010,14:19)

and

Stuart

These other people find your posting habits dishonest, we find them dishonest, so it is true that it is not just us who find you dishonest.  That is all I claimed and it is definitely true that it is what we find.

I think the words that others put in Jesus's mouth after his death would be more than enough cause for him to weep. If he were alive.

Stuart

Just because they said they thought I was being dishonest does not mean that is what they actually thought it simply means that is what they said. They could not have actually “thought” I was being dishonest and neither do you actually think it. It is simply a technique to try to discredit someone though Dishonest tactics using “ad populum” although you discredited that method your self.

But for the sake of argument can you give me a single example of me being dishoest?

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 411 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account