David Wilkerson

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Proclaimer
    Participant

http://www.worldchallenge.org/coverletter/an_urgent_message

I am compelled by the Holy Spirit to send out an urgent message to all on our mailing list, and to friends and to bishops we have met all over the world.

AN EARTH-SHATTERING CALAMITY IS ABOUT TO HAPPEN. IT IS GOING TO BE SO FRIGHTENING, WE ARE ALL GOING TO TREMBLE — EVEN THE GODLIEST AMONG US.

For ten years I have been warning about a thousand fires coming to New York City. It will engulf the whole megaplex, including areas of New Jersey and Connecticut. Major cities all across America will experience riots and blazing fires — such as we saw in Watts, Los Angeles, years ago.

There will be riots and fires in cities worldwide. There will be looting — including Times Square, New York City. What we are experiencing now is not a recession, not even a depression. We are under God’s wrath. In Psalm 11 it is written,

“If the foundations are destroyed, what can the righteous do?” (v. 3).

God is judging the raging sins of America and the nations. He is destroying the secular foundations.

The prophet Jeremiah pleaded with wicked Israel, “God is fashioning a calamity against you and devising a plan against you. Oh, turn back each of you from your evil way, and reform your ways and deeds. But they will say, It’s hopeless! For we are going to follow our own plans, and each of us will act according to the stubbornness of his evil heart” (Jeremiah 18:11–12).

In Psalm 11:6, David warns, “Upon the wicked he will rain snares (coals of fire)…fire…burning wind…will be the portion of their cup.” Why? David answered, “Because the Lord is righteous” (v. 7). This is a righteous judgment — just as in the judgments of Sodom and in Noah’s generation.

WHAT SHALL THE RIGHTEOUS DO? WHAT ABOUT GOD’S PEOPLE?

First, I give you a practical word I received for my own direction. If possible lay in store a thirty-day supply of non-perishable food, toiletries and other essentials. In major cities, grocery stores are emptied in an hour at the sign of an impending disaster.

As for our spiritual reaction, we have but two options. This is outlined in Psalm 11. We “flee like a bird to a mountain.” Or, as David says, “He fixed his eyes on the Lord on his throne in heaven — his eyes beholding, his eyelids testing the sons of men” (v. 4). “In the Lord I take refuge” (v. 1).

I will say to my soul: No need to run…no need to hide. This is God’s righteous work. I will behold our Lord on his throne, with his eye of tender, loving kindness watching over every step I take — trusting that he will deliver his people even through floods, fires, calamities, tests, trials of all kinds.

Note: I do not know when these things will come to pass, but I know it is not far off. I have unburdened my soul to you. Do with the message as you choose.

God bless and keep you.

In Christ,
    DAVID WILKERSON

charity
    Participant

thanks for posting t8..smiles to you.

quoting a proton…copy
    For ten years I have been warning about a thousand fires coming to New York City. It will engulf the whole megaplex, including areas of New Jersey and Connecticut. Major cities all across America will experience riots and blazing fires — such as we saw in Watts, Los Angeles, years ago.

I can't wait for this sort of prophesying nonsense to finally go out of fashion…..I'm sick of being asked to wearing it.
    THIS is a prophecy buy men that can be easily fulfilled by very greedy selfish Naughty nutty Man, that need attention.
    -charity

Proclaimer
    Participant

I wasn't sure where to post this one.
    David Wilkerson has a lot of respect and has prophesied many times before quite accurately. I am not aware of any false prophecies that have come from him. He has really gone out on a limb with this one. It will either happen or it won't and he is either going to further his ministry or give a big apology.

lineon
    Participant

Most of us are enthusiastic for disaters
    to happen which will prove to the individual
    that our Lord is on His way back.

I am not being callous about disaters,
    just as long they don't happen to me,
    if you know what I mean.

Some of us are so enthusiastic about the
    return of our Lord. That we can't contain
    ourselves and we just have to let it out.

We all know disaters are going happen in
    the future, nothing new he is telling us.
    At least he, David Wilkerson did not give
    a time frame.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Hi lineon.

He did say “AN EARTH-SHATTERING CALAMITY IS ABOUT TO HAPPEN”. Although that is not an accurate time, it does speak of something immediate or soon.

Also his descriptions about fire, makes me wonder if he thinks America is Babylon. Because it is said that she will be burned with fire and she will come to her demise in one day and that she is a great city.

It can be quite easy to say something if you think you have correctly identified something or someone in scripture. I know that Ronald Weinland based at least some of his teachings on how he interpreted scripture and the timing of events.

If we think we have interpreted part of scripture, that can give a false confidence in making predictions and we as believers really need to be wise about what we say on such things. We should never speak for God, but God should speak through us.

Time will tell. I hope that David Wilkerson is right for his sake. He does have a lot of respect.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Also, should I move this post to another forum?

If so, which one?

Truth or Tradition?

lineon
    Participant

Hi t8

To me it makes sense that the U.S.A.
    is Babylon, [no one can understand as yet
    who Babylon is!] it is such a great nation.

Time to me is a mystery
    John, Paul, James speak
    about 'soon' and 'shortly'
    That our Lord will appear.

I am still waiting 2000 years later.

t8 I am not crticicizing, I just do
    not understand how some people
    understand time.

lineon
    Participant

You are also wondering in what
    forum David Wilkerson's message
    should be posted.
    I think it is in the right forum.

???

charity
    Participant

apparently when they wrote revelations, it was for them, there was nothing more to know of the world than the current Babylon, that's it that's the Babylon they mean.
    remember the earth is still flat.
    The mind of men has been evolving the prophecy, IN THE D ESPRIT NEED TO BELIEVE,
    as time and knowledge go on….men continue to FEAR THEIR OWN END.
    Jesus was to appear before the current generations passed away, can you see how THE mind rejects, and continues to not let go of past down hopes, men have evolved the story further, even today as the translations are updated, the words change giving the searchers a whole new theme, and losing the original one.

yes they have kept the earth quacks and wars as the end Signs, but they will ans always have come in seasons, but men don't stay on earth long enough to sight the truth.

Traditional messages is what this guy is into, and his motive that shall reveal the Nature of his wishing to carry on with the evolving process.

lineon
    Participant

Hi Charity

When John, Paul and James
    speak about 'soon' and 'shortly',
    I do believe they are talking about
    your natural death.

But then again Jesus did come
    back shorly after his crucification.

Time, Time how people make a mystery about time.

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (lineon @ Mar. 14 2009,21:33)

if you know what I mean.

a time frame.

Greetings Kathi……..I can give you a time frame..SOON ! All one has to do is read the news….Myself…Iam afraid,but without fear there is no courage….and that is my prayer,for the courage to face the consequences of our actions…My next feeling is one of Hope….The Hope to survive so as to live on under the new government God will establish here on earth….Needless to say I agree with your observation and, I must say, I can't understand any bodies enthusiasm when it comes to disaster….

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (theodorej @ Mar. 15 2009,11:50)

if you know what I mean.

a time frame.

Greetings Kathi……..I can give you a time frame..SOON ! All one has to do is read the news….Myself…Iam afraid,but without fear there is no courage….and that is my prayer,for the courage to face the consequences of our actions…My next feeling is one of Hope….The Hope to survive so as to live on under the new government God will establish here on earth….Needless to say I agree with your observation and, I must say, I can't understand any bodies enthusiasm when it comes to disaster….

Hi Theodore,
    Did you mean to direct this to Lineon? I'm Kathi, from Lightenup/LU. I'm the only Kathi on here that I know of.

lineon
    Participant

Quote (theodorej @ Mar. 15 2009,17:50)

if you know what I mean.

a time frame.

Hi Theodorej

The newspapers as you say
    are full violence and what ever
    your mind can concieve of.
    But there is not enough turmoil
    on this earth as yet to substantiate
    the comeing of our Lord.

Mat 10:35  I came to set sons against their fathers, daughters against their mothers, daughters-in-law against their mothers-in-law;

The above verse is total confusion
    and I don't think we are quiet there yet.
    There are pockets of total confusion
    on this earth. Like parts of Africa,
    middle east.

To my mind there is still some hope
    left for the people of the earth to rally
    together and to crush confusion.

Maybe this recession is the last straw to
    break the camels back. [camel = confusion]

Quote (t8 @ Mar. 13 2009,22:43)

I am compelled by the Holy Spirit to send out an urgent message to all on our mailing list, and to friends and to bishops we have met all over the world.

AN EARTH-SHATTERING CALAMITY IS ABOUT TO HAPPEN. IT IS GOING TO BE SO FRIGHTENING, WE ARE ALL GOING TO TREMBLE — EVEN THE GODLIEST AMONG US.

There will be riots and fires in cities worldwide. There will be looting — including Times Square, New York City. What we are experiencing now is not a recession, not even a depression. We are under God’s wrath. In Psalm 11 it is written,

God is judging the raging sins of America and the nations. He is destroying the secular foundations.

The prophet Jeremiah pleaded with wicked Israel, “God is fashioning a calamity against you and devising a plan against you. Oh, turn back each of you from your evil way, and reform your ways and deeds. But they will say, It’s hopeless! For we are going to follow our own plans, and each of us will act according to the stubbornness of his evil heart” (Jeremiah 18:11–12).

In Psalm 11:6, David warns, “Upon the wicked he will rain snares (coals of fire)…fire…burning wind…will be the portion of their cup.” Why? David answered, “Because the Lord is righteous” (v. 7). This is a righteous judgment — just as in the judgments of Sodom and in Noah’s generation.

First, I give you a practical word I received for my own direction. If possible lay in store a thirty-day supply of non-perishable food, toiletries and other essentials. In major cities, grocery stores are emptied in an hour at the sign of an impending disaster.

As for our spiritual reaction, we have but two options. This is outlined in Psalm 11. We “flee like a bird to a mountain.” Or, as David says, “He fixed his eyes on the Lord on his throne in heaven — his eyes beholding, his eyelids testing the sons of men” (v. 4). “In the Lord I take refuge” (v. 1).

I will say to my soul: No need to run…no need to hide. This is God’s righteous work. I will behold our Lord on his throne, with his eye of tender, loving kindness watching over every step I take — trusting that he will deliver his people even through floods, fires, calamities, tests, trials of all kinds.

Note: I do not know when these things will come to pass, but I know it is not far off. I have unburdened my soul to you. Do with the message as you choose.

God bless and keep you.

In Christ,
    DAVID WILKERSON

Hi t8

Good stuff.

BTW, David Wilkerson is a “Trinitarian”.

:)

WJ

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WJ,
    Yes he speaks of worldly matters.

1Jn4
    5They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (lineon @ Mar. 14 2009,23:52)
    Hi t8

To me it makes sense that the U.S.A.
    is Babylon, [no one can understand as yet
    who Babylon is!] it is such a great nation.

Time to me is a mystery
    John, Paul, James speak
    about 'soon' and 'shortly'
    That our Lord will appear.

I am still waiting 2000 years later.

t8 I am not crticicizing, I just do
    not understand how some people
    understand time.

If Babylon is the USA, it is written that you must come out of her because she will be destroyed in one day and it says to come out of her so that you will not be a partaker of her sin. What should one do if they do not hold nationality of another country? Illegally leave the USA and live in another country?

If on the otherhand Babylon was a religious system, then it would be easy to come out of her. The original Babylon was a wealthy trading city, but she was judged not for her commerce and trade but for her false gods. They believed in a trinity and the mother of God.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Mar. 31 2009,05:44)

Quote (t8 @ Mar. 13 2009,22:43)

God bless and keep you.

In Christ,
    DAVID WILKERSON

Hi t8

Good stuff.

BTW, David Wilkerson is a “Trinitarian”.

:)

WJ

And Sir Isaac Newton wasn't a Trinitarian, yet he was passionate for God. Does David Wilkerson's belief in that tradition of man make it a true doctrine instead?

I think the point with David Wilkerson is that he is either a prophet or a false prophet. I don't think he is a teacher or an apostle. Matters of doctrine are usually the field of teachers and apostles and I don't see David Wilkerson teaching the Trinity. If he did, then he would be teaching falsely in those instances.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (charity @ Mar. 15 2009,09:08)
    apparently when they wrote revelations, it was for them, there was nothing more to know of the world than the current Babylon, that's it that's the Babylon they mean.
    remember the earth is still flat.
    The mind of men has been evolving the prophecy, IN THE D ESPRIT NEED TO BELIEVE,
    as time and knowledge go on….men continue to FEAR THEIR OWN END.
    Jesus was to appear before the current generations passed away, can you see how THE mind rejects, and continues to not let go of past down hopes, men have evolved the story further, even today as the translations are updated, the words change giving the searchers a whole new theme, and losing the original one.

yes they have kept the earth quacks and wars as the end Signs, but they will ans always have come in seasons, but men don't stay on earth long enough to sight the truth.

Traditional messages is what this guy is into, and his motive that shall reveal the Nature of his wishing to carry on with the evolving process.

Um, Babylon was destroyed before the Revelation was given.

seekingtruth
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Mar. 31 2009,17:32)

If Babylon is the USA, it is written that you must come out of her because she will be destroyed in one day and it says to come out of her so that you will not be a partaker of her sin. What should one do if they do not hold nationality of another country? Illegally leave the USA and live in another country?

I say we all move in with T8! Got room for a few yanks? 

:p

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (seekingtruth @ April 01 2009,13:51)
    I say we all move in with T8! Got room for a few yanks? 

:p

Yeah sure. I could harbor a few illegal aliens. The bible does say we are aliens.

Hebrews 11:13
    All these people were still living by faith when they died. They did not receive the things promised; they only saw them and welcomed them from a distance. And they admitted that they were aliens and strangers on earth.

1 Peter 2:11
    Dear friends, I urge you, as aliens and strangers in the world, to abstain from sinful desires, which war against your soul.

Do you prefer the north or the south island?

I live in the north and Nick lives in the south.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account