Daily Devotions

Viewing 20 posts - 1,001 through 1,020 (of 1,123 total)
  • Author
    Berean
    Participant

Hi to all

Here is the Daily Devotional

ASHLEE HITTING THE JACKPOT, PART 2

Ashlee felt like she was trying to swim upstream and couldn’t breathe. “I was so sick of the struggle, of going back and forth. I wanted to do whatever it took to get right with God, but I was dabbling in the world. I didn’t want to be lukewarm anymore. Then I heard Him speak one word to my heart: ‘Go.’”

Eventually, Ashlee finished her schooling and headed to another school to further her education. There she met Andrew, who was also on fire for the Lord, and together they prayed about God’s direction for their lives. “Our motto in life was that we wanted to live in reckless abandon for our Creator, whatever that looked like.”

After they were married, Ashlee and Andrew spent the summer living apart. She was coaching soccer in New Jersey while Andrew was in Alaska. During that time, Ashlee learned that the seventh day was the Sabbath of the Bible, not Sunday.

She thought, “If this is really the way of God, I want to go on Saturday.” She found a local Sunday-keeping church that also held Saturday evening services and began attending them.

One day, as she and Andrew talked on the phone, he carefully introduced a new topic. “He said, ‘I don’t want to cause any problems, but I think we should go to church on Saturday.’ And I said, ‘Oh, that’s no problem. I’m already going to church on Saturday!’” Both Ashlee and Andrew knew then that God was working to show them truth at the same time.

When Andrew picked her up to drive home at the end of the summer, he shared that someone had given him a set of audio messages ten years earlier called The Prophecy Code by a ministry called Amazing Facts and a speaker named Doug Batchelor. Andrew hadn’t listened to them until recently, but now he wanted Ashlee to hear them too. For the entire drive home, they played The Prophecy Code.

And God began to perform a miracle in their minds and hearts.

Reflect: Can you recall a time when God showed you a new truth? What did you learn? Why not share that truth with someone else today!

KEY BIBLE TEXTS
    I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name. Revelation 3:8

From Amazing facts

God bless

Nick
    Participant

Hi Berean,

So the big issue in life is going to church and the day to go must be Saturday?

Woman, believe me, an hour is coming when neither in this mountain nor in Jerusalem will you worship the Father. You worship what you do not know; we worship what  we know for salvation is from the Jews. But an hour is coming, and now is, when true worshipers will worship the Father in Spirit and truth.

Jn 4.21

Nick
    Participant

And the Jackpot is..

da da dah

Doug B.

Berean
    Participant

Hi to all

ASHLEE HITTING THE JACKPOT, PART 3

When Andrew picked up Ashlee to drive home at the end of his summer of fishing in Alaska, he shared The Prophecy Code series with his wife. For the entire drive home, they listened to the whole series.

“My heart was changing in that car ride,” Ashlee says, “because I was learning more about God. Everything I was hearing was Scripture proving Scripture proving Scripture. God became more real to us than He had ever been before.”

As soon as they reached home, they looked up Amazing Facts online and were thrilled to discover all the materials available. “We thought we’d hit the jackpot!” Ashlee laughs. “We’re kind of Amazing Facts-obsessed!”

Ashlee and Andrew started devouring every sermon. In addition to learning more about the Sabbath, she was thankful to discover that hell wasn’t a place of eternal torment. “Thinking about hell would really upset me before. I didn’t want to think about a God who would burn someone forever. It seemed sadistic and unloving.”

She also felt relieved to learn that the Bible teaches that when people die they go to sleep. “I’d hear how people believed that the spirit of the dead came back as animals or would send messages, and that was creepy to me. I was super glad to know the truth and realize that it was very clear; there is no message from the dead.”

Ashlee was especially thrilled with how the prophecies of Daniel and Revelation took her life-long walk with God even deeper. “The most important thing is Christ and His sacrifice and accepting His grace. But I found that knowing about prophecy just strengthened my faith even more. It gave me evidence that God is real because all of His prophecies came to pass.” Looking back through her life, Ashlee says, “There’s no way I can doubt God—ever. I didn’t know all this information before, but I knew He was real because He showed up for me and transformed my life. He healed me and gave me everlasting life.”

Ashlee says, “Scripture is empowering and comforting now. I have a direct line to God through prayer and His Word. I don’t need to be a theologian to read Scripture and know Scripture. All my answers are right there.”

Reflect: Do you have a question that has troubled you? Turn prayerfully to the Bible and ask the Lord to reveal His treasures to you.

KEY BIBLE TEXTS
    And I will give thee the treasures of darkness, and hidden riches of secret places, that thou mayest know that I, the LORD, which call thee by thy name, am the God of Israel. Isaiah 45:3

From Amazing facts

God bless

Berean
    Participant

@Nick

And the Jackpot is..

da da dah

Doug B.

Me

No

Maybe you’ll understand later?
    Not too late I hope for you.

🙏

Nick
    Participant

Hi Berean,

Yes the Father wants men to discover the wealth of Wisdom and comfort He offers in the Word. He suggests that we first seek His Kingdom, which is entered by water and the Spirit, and taking care not to be caught up following men into ditches and being distracted by their false religion. He has promised to send you Jesus, the Christ appointed for you. He lives among you in your reborn brothers.

Nick
    Participant

Hi Berean,

Folks travel over land and sea to make proselytes and leave them in a worse state.

Religious indoctrination fills the natural mind with what seems useful but is death.

Berean
    Participant

Inappropriate comments in the circumstances.
    That’s all.

Nick
    Participant

Hi Berean,

You shamelessly advertise your religion and it’s leaders here and expect no questioning?

Berean
    Participant

What you criticize about me or SDA is unfounded….You speak without knowing.

Nick
    Participant

Hi Berean,

umm.

Are you not giving us the DAILY DEVOTIONS.?

Are you not the one promoting Doug Batchelor and the SDA?

Berean
    Participant

My last post(945167) was related to your post 945154

Berean
    Participant

Hi to all

Who is the man that fears the LORD? Him shall He teach in the way He chooses.—Psalm 25:12

The apostle exalted Christ before his friends as the One by whom God had created all things and by whom He had wrought out their redemption. He declared that the hand that sustains the worlds in space, and holds in their orderly arrangements and tireless activity all things throughout the universe of God, is the hand that was nailed to the cross for them. “By Him were all things created,” Paul wrote, “that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by Him, and for Him: and He is before all things, and by Him all things consist.” …

The Son of God stooped to uplift the fallen. For this He left the sinless worlds on high, the ninety and nine that loved Him, and came to this earth to be “wounded for our transgressions” and “bruised for our iniquities” (Isaiah 53:5). He was in all things made like unto His brethren. He became flesh, even as we are. He knew what it meant to be hungry and thirsty and weary. He was sustained by food and refreshed by sleep. He was a stranger and a sojourner on the earth—in the world, but not of the world; tempted and tried as men and women of today are tempted and tried, yet living a life free from sin. Tender, compassionate, sympathetic, ever considerate of others, He represented the character of God. “The Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, … full of grace and truth” (John 1:14).

Surrounded by the practices and influences of heathenism, the Colossian believers were in danger of being drawn away from the simplicity of the gospel, and Paul, in warning them against this, pointed them to Christ as the only safe guide. “I would that ye knew,” he wrote, “what great conflict I have for you, and for them at Laodicea, and for as many as have not seen my face in the flesh; that their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgment of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ; in whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.”

God bless

Nick
    Participant

The Spirit of Christ was before all creation and in the prophets.

Flesh contributes nothing.

Berean
    Participant

Yes, but that is not what is written in John 1.
    So why always make inappropriate statements.
    Christ (named “the word of God) was the divine Son of God before all creation and (the Spirit of God was in him) because he was God.
    ….
    and “the Word” was made flesh…
    and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
    🙏

Nick
    Participant

Hi Berean,

CHRIST means ANOINTED.

He was anointed at the Jordan with the Spirit and God announced then that he was His Son.

But you use literalism to imagine this man preexisted?

hmm

Berean
    Participant

Hi to all

NICOLE CRAVING THE TRUTH, PART 1

Nicole sat at her computer searching online and praying for something profound. It seemed as though she had spent her entire life searching for one thing or another. Starting with her earliest years, she longed for a way out of the poverty and pain of her childhood. She was tired of stealing quarters just so she could buy something to eat.

After finishing high school, Nicole began searching for a job that would take her far away and offer her a better life. She was thrilled when a friend showed her a newspaper ad seeking dancers for a resort. It seemed to be an answer for so many of her troubles. She had always wanted to be a dancer, and the promised pay was good. Her family even helped her purchase a one-way bus ticket, so Nicole set off with starry visions of dancing in a fun musical show.

Looking back, Nicole says, “What I found when I got there burst my bubble fast. A seedy-looking guy, a rundown building, and girls on stage wearing practically nothing.” Young and alone, she felt defeated. “I was hours away from home with no money, scared out of my mind, and with what appeared to be no choice but to take the job.”

In desperation, Nicole reasoned that no one would ever find out if she danced just enough to afford a ticket back home. But once she started down that path, things didn’t go as she’d hoped. The years began to pass, one after another, with her life growing darker all the time.

Occasionally, during the most difficult times, Nicole would remember how she sometimes visited church as a child. She wondered what it would be like to know more about God. “I was a dancer for a little over twenty years. Once you’re in that world, you’re worn away and introduced to all kinds of things that lead away from Him.”

As much as Nicole longed to be closer to God, she now knows she was looking for Him in all the wrong places. After searching for truth in the Kabballah, tarot cards, spiritualism, and other places, Nicole felt like her life was broken and beyond repair.

But God had not left Nicole.

Reflect: Have you ever walked down a pathway away from God? Did the Lord ever leave you during that time? The Bible says God goes to great lengths to pursue His lost children.

KEY BIBLE TEXTS
    “Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,”
    Galatians 5:19

From Amazing facts

God bles

Nick
    Participant

Hi Berean,

Do not go searching for God in buildings or in human religion.

SEEK YE FIRST THE KINGDOM OF GOD AND EVERYTHING ELSE WILL BE ADDED TO YOU.

Berean
    Participant

What you’re saying, what does this have to do with today’s Daily Devotional?

Nick
    Participant

Ashlee accepted Christ in her heart….

So what is this new gospel you preach BEREAN?

Viewing 20 posts - 1,001 through 1,020 (of 1,123 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account